[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worlds.com

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13

File: hqdefault[1].jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
9KB, 480x360px
Let's create the best /x/ exploration team!

>General Guide and How-To
http://pastebin.com/n9S4UZQ2
>>
I have been pretty interested in this for some time now, but I haven't seen any threads legitimately result in anything.
Anyways, I'm up for it, so I guess bump.
>>
>>17201341
>I haven't seen any threads legitimately result in anything
That's because this is like expecting a Second Life thread to find evidence of the paranormal.
It's just an old-ass virtual chatroom.
>>
>>17201454
I wasn't saying that I expected ghosts, I just mean that usually in these threads, only one guy shows up and he posts four pictures and then leaves. I think it would be cool to actually get a team of people just kind of exploring it. I think one of the reasons that doesnt happen is that the installation isn't exactly straightforward for people that are a little more tech casual. I know it's just a social simulator, it's still interesting and I think it's worth checking out.
>>
>>17198923
weird. i could run it the last few days, but after i updated my graphic-drivers the .exe wont work..
>>
>>17201511
post your usernames and we might get some people together. or we can use the /x/ IRC to organize ourselves.
>>
>>17202906
That's because the .exe has a code base that's probably older than you are
>>
>>17202929
i try to reinstall everything including the java version. wish me luck
>>
>>17202932
nope. it wont start.

okay, i delete and deinstall all the shit related to it, and then follow the guide again. maybe it will work again.

Next time, i save the coords with cool stuff in a txt.
>>
File: 4L_RavK4Avl.jpg (38KB, 640x366px) Image search: [Google]
4L_RavK4Avl.jpg
38KB, 640x366px
Nigga I explored this shit last year. It wasn't so amazing or mesmerizing, it was just a bunch of odd, creepy, and insane worlds that the entire software has to offer. Sure, there's people who stay there and fuck shit up, but I'll guarantee you that it won't be "Deep Web" tier scary.
Okay okay...
So you're not going for the "scare"...
Well..... Unfortunately, you have to download additional worlds.... And do stuff... And yeah.
Ah. Let's face it, I'm lazy. But sign me up you curious bastard. I wanna go.
>>
>>17203074
still not working.

well. i enjoyed the few days it actually worked for me.
>>
RIP
>>17198923
>>
File: 2016-01-11_BOWIE.png (522KB, 834x889px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11_BOWIE.png
522KB, 834x889px
>>
File: worlds bowie.png (321KB, 1267x555px) Image search: [Google]
worlds bowie.png
321KB, 1267x555px
WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU FOUND OUT BOWIE WAS KILL?!?!

David Bowie is dead if you haven't heard
>>
If anyone still needs the "happy" worlds database, just teleport to me

my username is swordmaster006
>>
It is a shame how difficult it seems to get /x/ Worlds expeditions off the ground nowadays. I always enjoyed them when they worked out, but each time it happened it was fewer and fewer people until it's just you and another anon.

It might be time to just recreate a Worlds.com homage in a web browser compatible Unity export. This would allow everyone to login and play as simply as opening an itch.io page.

Was "Null" easy to get going?

>>17204115

Woah. Good find.
>>
Is that huge spider girl who is always idol in the main lobby still on?

Thought she was a bot until she actually started having a convo with me one time.
>>
>>17202920
>the /x/ IRC
what is it?
>>
File: 2016-01-11_BOWIE2.png (306KB, 810x866px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11_BOWIE2.png
306KB, 810x866px
>>17204126
thats the gz with all the links and smilies right?
>>
>>17204296
yeah, that's right
>>
File: cybertown.jpg (285KB, 799x320px) Image search: [Google]
cybertown.jpg
285KB, 799x320px
This shit has always reminded me of cybertown. Seems like no one remembers it though, used to play the fuck out of it. The jail was the best bit. Public humiliation haha.
>>
File: cyber town.jpg (5KB, 149x90px) Image search: [Google]
cyber town.jpg
5KB, 149x90px
>>
>>17204170
Null OP here.
All I had to do was introduce it and people rubbed their crotches all over it. Let's face it. If we made Worlds easy to get into like Null is, we would have more people.
>>
Is that spastic cunt Melissa still there? She would sit around doing nothing in the main lobby and she banned me and my friends for forming a circle around her as clowns and dacing
>>
>>17204538
holy shit i forgot about this. thanks for the nostalgia anon.
>>
>>17204549
>Null OP here

Sweet, are you the dev? Or do you know the dev?
>>
File: the industry.png (192KB, 901x2586px) Image search: [Google]
the industry.png
192KB, 901x2586px
>>17206806
Could he explain this?
>>
File: worlds-legal.jpg (125KB, 549x497px) Image search: [Google]
worlds-legal.jpg
125KB, 549x497px
>>17206821

Oh I don't think the NULL dev has anything to do with that. That image is a good example of how strange the Worlds.com team is though, they're very sterile and litigious and don't seem at all like a gamedev company but then again they were started by Microsoft.

If we wanted to recreate Worlds.com worlds in another format using any of the existing user created levels we'd end up sued apparently.
>>
File: worlds-legal2.jpg (110KB, 893x521px) Image search: [Google]
worlds-legal2.jpg
110KB, 893x521px
Apparently they just sit around filing lawsuits nowadays against any company that creates games with virtual worlds. They already went after the big dogs I.E. Activision and World of Warcraft. I think I remember this case.
>>
File: bowie-world.jpg (72KB, 661x419px) Image search: [Google]
bowie-world.jpg
72KB, 661x419px
>>17203121

I can't get it to open either :\ not even with compatibility modes. I'll keep trying. And here the BowieWorld folder is staring at me.
>>
>>17206935
restart run as admin ect. I've heard it doesnt work with amd but I could be wrong.
>>
>>17206935
>>17206992
Run as admin worked for me.
>>
>>17198923
meet me in the blair witch cafe
>>
>>17204189
rizon #/x/philes
>>
me and a few friends went and checked it out today in remembrance of Bowie, it's relatively boring. It's not really creepy, and when you stumble upon the 'singles' room it really makes it obvious this is just some shitty IMVU/Second Life type of chat room with pretty hilarious character customization. The regulars are all just hippies and 35 year old women/men who use it as a substitute for skype/steamchat. nothing special. It's pretty limited for 'exploring' aswell as there's pretty much just bowie world and a few disco rooms/chat rooms. if you want I can go and pick up some screenshots.
>>
>>17206992
i have a AMD.

well. this explains it. Maybe i find a way around it
>>
>>17204185
fallen angel? saw her last week, still lurking in the lobby.

re-installing this shit now.
>>
OP here, wow I never thought that this thread would keep alive for so long. I'm still lurking and I'm in the lobby atm
>>
>>17210007
its not starting anymore for me.

thanks to AMD. Ripperoni
>>
>>17210007
tripfaging so you know when it's actually me (worlds username also)
>>
>>17209087
have you completely uninstalled the newest version of java and then installed that version?
>>
>>17210014
Fucking staff of Worlds can keep suing the fuck out of everyone for patent infringement, yet they can never give their shit a patch

What's the fucking point of suing everyone for patent infringement in this day and age when you keep your shit frozen in the same way it has been for the last 16 years or so? Shouldn't be too hard to make a patch or something
>>
File: 1451130783765.gif (2MB, 273x275px) Image search: [Google]
1451130783765.gif
2MB, 273x275px
old worlds.com player here, if you have questions about it, I'll be glad to answer it
>>
>>17210717
the most useful thing you can do is dump all your worldsmark links for us to use. i have a few, mostly the ground zero skin with all the links and the alternative one with a few different links, but if you have any rare ones i'd be forever grateful :)
>>
>>17210731
I haven't played in years, sorry

ask some of the regulars and they might be able to give you a list or even show you around
>>
>>17198923
Worlds dot com always makes me think of activeworld which I used for a long time when I was younger. Good times.
>>
Honestly I find worlds more fascinating than creepy, just walking through such an old online game feels like walking through the ruins of some ancient city, sure there's plenty of tourists and shit so it's not like you're discovering something for yourself but it's still neat.
>>
File: 3453535353453.png (499KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
3453535353453.png
499KB, 1600x900px
>That shit taste in music
>All those fairy and weeb pictures around the cabin
This place is scary for a whole different reason
>>
>>17211835
It's like some marketing guys made a 3D replica of what they thought was the internet at the time and it just got shoved into a cyberspace time capsule
>>
>>17211694
This. You "2spoopy5 7" fags need to calm the fuck down and learn to be fascinated with the world, not afraid of it.
>>
>>17206806
I know just about nothing about Mr. Ayles. I'm just a fan of the game.
>>
>>17198923
This faggot again promoting his shitty pseudo "spoky" game. Please. That piece of shit is not worth my time.
>>
>>17212508
I doubt the worlds devs are doing anything other than patent bullying these days
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.