[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to recapture a feeling of profundity of life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: wpb1e50ce8.jpg (38KB, 640x422px) Image search: [Google]
wpb1e50ce8.jpg
38KB, 640x422px
Is there any way to recapture a feeling of profundity of life?

I remember certain moments in my childhood that I would describe as life-changing. I haven't had anything approaching a "life-changing" or profound moment in many years. The only exception is maybe the handful of times where in the morning when crossing the sleep->awake threshold I've heard heart-breakingly beautiful music in my semi-dream state. But it's just a memory. I don't really understand what is meant by the word 'beauty'. I've never looked at a painting or a sunset and felt a twinge of anything.
>>
>>17190135
Look up "Alpha State".
>>
>>17190135
The answer seems simple op. You have fallen into rut and monotomy. These "life changing" and "serene" moments dont occur inside our comfort zones, but rather far outside them. When is the last time you were truly challenged? Physically and mentally?
>>
>>17190211
Fucking this
>>
take lsd.
>>
>>17190511
came here to post this
dubs dont like

but in all seriousness, i felt dead inside for a long time until i went on an acid trip where i came down and then did twice as much to come back up again. i ended up tripping for about 24 hours save for one or two in the middle where the come down was over. but anyway, on the second trip up i had many revelations about life death and feeling dead while being alive, which is about the worse state of existence that one can possibly attain. a living death, where people cant live because they cant see any beauty or goodness in the world. I realized that feeling that way is what drove my father to suicide and it was pushing me that way too.

it was a very emotional and mindblowing ordeal, but it ultimately made me more lucid than ever, ive been able to figure out what profession i want to follow and in general just made things easier to deal with.

obviously every body is gonna get something different out of it, but its worth trying if you hit a soul crushing low you cant worm your way out of.
>>
>>17190135
I've found that it's the people you meet that give you more feeling than anything.
>>
>>17190211
OP here. That sounds about right.
>>17190511
Part of me wants to take lsd but I can't even handle my weed and I'm prone to scary eyes wide shut/controlling powers that be-type thoughts if I let myself get too "in my head". I would like to try microdosing if I had a source
>>
What you are in search of is what I call a "defining moment" those crossroads that shape life. Unfortunately you haven't had any since you entered the coma. We are trying to wake you up using a new technique, we love you.
>>
>>17190622
Weed and LSD are two totally different things.

I've had so many bad times smoking weed, the high can seem chaotic and dirty. LSD has a very clean or smooth feel. Yeah, LSD is way more intense in some ways but imo a little more accessible and bearable.

If you do it, do it somewhere you feel comfortable with people who have done it and you trust, and don't go all out your first time.
>>
>>17190643
Who are you? Are you roleplaying?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.