[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can any of the religious people of this board explain to me why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

File: leredniggavswhitenigga.jpg (24KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
leredniggavswhitenigga.jpg
24KB, 512x288px
Can any of the religious people of this board explain to me why lucifer/Satan is so evil?

The only people Satan ever killed was jobs wives in bible, and God ordained him to do so. God killed millions of people.

Why is Satan the bad guy?
>>
its a gyrm bro
its biological warfare
>>
He set it all in motion.
>>
Maybe our religios friends can come up with a better explanation, but maybe it has to do with the fact that Old Testament God was cruel, severe and, for a lack of a better word, an asshole.
>>
>>17185614
But there are verses in the bible that clearly state it was God punishing man. How is that Satan's fault? Are you saying Satan force an omnipotent being to kill?

I've asked this before of many Christians to explain to me, and they never can. I feel as if either something has been lost in translation or its all a load of shit.
>>
Satan is just a conglomeration of pagan deities. God is the evil one. Lucifer is neutral. Jesus is a good guy. Christians don't follow Jesus's word, just the word of a jewish deity. American Christians are the real "satanists". But this is all according to Christian mythos. So, who gives a fuck.
>>
>>17185624
Yes, but why then is he labled the above reproach/ultimate being of good?

If anything I would say God is the antagonist of the literature.
>>
allegedly "women ate from the tree of life [forms]"
so when men see other life forms we usually dont touch them with our minds
allegedly some chicks used their minds and gods will and stole some feature from the ayys
either their feet or tits or something
so now they are pissed
>>
>>17185648
I find this hard to believe because it predates paganism.
>>
>>17185587
In Mormon theology, Lucifer was desirous of obtaining the power of God without effort and undermine free will in the process. He pretty much only cared about himself. Then because he was cast out for this, he became bitter and has since sought to undermine God's plan every step of the way.

Also, if you've actually read the Bible, you'd know that God didn't just kill people willy nilly. But hey, leave it to atheists to play the devil's advocate and assume that those killed were automatically good people because God is ebil.
>>
>>17185678
No it doesn't?
>>
>>17185648
It boggles my mind that there are people who get genuinely upset that people have faith in beliefs when they themselves have faith in theories.

If science and knowledge is dynamic in that it changes as things are revealed, how can one justify that a god cannot be real? These kinds of people literally get butthurt because other people believe in something they find silly and then project their own feelings about it on believers.

They claim to be rationalists when they are fighting empirical evidence with empirical evidence.
>>
>>17185682
But he did. What about the firstborns of Egypt?

Numbers 11:13 God turned a village into salt for simply oversleeping past dawn.

I can recall many more scriptures where he has taken lives of people.

I just don't understand how religious people think Satan is the real evil when he didn't kill anyone outside of what God forced him to do.

If our morality was instilled by God, and the word of God considers taking a life to be the most sanctimoniously I'll act; then logically God is the defintion of pure evil.
>>
>>17185587
Sick of myself my world my life
Get out of my way this truth can’t lie
I stop myself every second I try
Every minute of time is an hour I die

Every day's another complication
A journey through another maze
I found my way through recapitulation
Everything is still a haze
But heaven still holds me
I live my life inside imagination
Keep the secrets I have made

It’s the silence that enslaves me
It’s the only thing that saves me

If you knew what it meant to me
To make it through tonight
You would be a mourning star
And guide me through this life

Every day’s another conversation
Soaking up instead with lies
The whole thing’s open open to interpretation
It should come as no surprise

The enemy is everywhere
The enemy is everywhere

Death would be an ample compensation
Even if it’s my demise
But heaven doesn’t want me
Head to toe in blood and perspiration
I would wipe the tears and lies

But heaven disowned me
Now heaven won’t know me

and guide me through this life

Nobody gets out alive
And I know theres no way to buy my way
(Sick of Myself my world my life
Get out of my way this truth can’t lie)
In
I can’t say that I didn’t try
I guess that I just have to try again

The enemy is everywhere
>>
File: intothetrashitgoes.jpg (31KB, 352x450px) Image search: [Google]
intothetrashitgoes.jpg
31KB, 352x450px
>>17185733
Don't forget 2 Kings2:23 - God killed 42 children for laughing at a dude's bald head
>>
>>17185587
He thought he was greater than hod, his pride blunded him and he gathered other angels to rise against god. But mainly his pride is the reason god threw him out, since the prideful can never apologize.
>>
>>17185751
This could be a really good troll on normiebook
>God killed more kids than Adam Lanza, just for laughing at a bald mans head.
>>
>>17185760
Yes, I understand this. But why is he considered the be all end all of evil? The summary is that Satan is the personification of sin, and evil. Yet he really didn't do anything morally wrong compared to God.

The entire literature reads like one big ego puff piece for god. Like him being a child who goes ape if he doesn't get what he wants
>>
>>17185733
Kind of makes you wonder if Satan is.... I won't say it.
>>
>>17185733
>Numbers 11:13
"Whence should I have flesh to give unto all this people? for they weep unto me, saying, Give us flesh, that we may eat." (KJV, in the context of the Children of Israel complaining that they were only fed manna when they desired meat)

>Firstborns of Egypt
Killed because their Pharaoh did not release the Children of Israel, even after being visited by several plagues beforehand. (Exodus 11)

I bet you can "recall" more scriptures where he has unjustly taken the lives of people.

Once again, in Mormon theology, he wasn't forced to do anything, Satan acted of his own accord. You're confusing yourself with this morality and God stuff when you clearly can't even grasp the basics of the scripture. Also, killing and taking a life are two very different things.

Look, I've had this kind of argument many times over and it always comes from younger people that simply and honestly do not know what they are talking about. You think you've unraveled this super secret weak spot in Christian theology when you aren't even looking at the big picture and the context.
>>
>>17185751
>>17185782
They were killed for insulting His Prophet, Elisha. You guys really need to read the Bible for context's sake, not just what you find on the internet.
>>
>>17185804
Oh that makes everything okay.
>>
>>17185786
You understand that Satan is responsible for tempting us all in Christian theology, right? He influences and controls the "worldly" aspect of humanity. He's not a past-tense character, he still operates.
>>
>>17185587
Itt; people argue for the sake of arguing and being edgelords

If you are actually intrested, then read the bible, when you only have a very narrow view of christianity you end up having a lot of views that just dont make sense at all, so just read the book, but if you dont then pls dont try to debate about the morale ok?
>>
>>17185813
Don't suddenly get all butthurt about kids being killed when you're not concerned with starving children around the world, kidnapped children involved in sex trafficking, etc. I'm not going to let you pick and choose when you can and cannot care for the sake of feeling self-righteous.
>>
>>17185790
I'm typing from my phone. There are many more scriptures of him personally killing people for such petty reasons.

And honestly your entire justification so far has been that I don't know what I'm talking about. Why is that every religious person I ask about this simply says I don't understand the texts?

Can you tell me how I am misinterpeting it?

Are what do you mean there's a difference between taking a life and killing someone? It's the same exact thing, and for you to state otherwise is hypocrisy.

Also yes, in the Hebrew translations God literally ordained him taking jobs wives.
>>
>>17185847
Damn nigga I care about the starving children but what the fuck am I supposed to do about that shit?
>>
>>17185839
Doesn't help that Christians have a very narrow view either and just want to wank their faith and faith alone like it does anything... Then going around and not living Jesus's word. #PrayFor/x/ #PrayersForSatan #FaithAloneSolvesEverything
>>
>>17185826
With sin? Maybe. We all have free will, so anything committed is solely the responsibility aibility of the individual doing said act. It's really a scapegoat mentality for people rationalize their shortcomings.
>>
>>17185854
>There are many more scriptures of him personally killing people for such petty reasons
As you have been incorrect on two accounts and you aren't putting up because you're "typing from your phone", I'm calling bullshit on you.

I've actually refuted your points and you just submit empirical evidence. I've said my peace and you just keep going in circles with the same perspective without opening your mind to other possibilities.

It's simple, you have to read it. All of it.

>What do you mean there's a difference...
Okay, killing in self-defense against murder. Do you see the difference now? Is it entirely possible that you are purposefully narrowing your definition to support your belief? Isn't that what your types like to call "cognitive dissonance"?
>>
2 Samuel6:6

Killed for trying to help the ark from falling.
>>
Ok everyone knows that arguing about religion never goes anywhere. It just goes in circles forever without anyone actually winning. We all believe what we believe and well all see whos right after death.
>>
>>17185882
Sin itself is a complicated subject. Free will plays an important role in that (as you said) we are all responsible for what we choose to do. A lot of people on either side of the spectrum mistake that Satan is what causes sin when he only influences. There's where that scapegoat mentality comes from, but that's why Jesus is critical to the theology.

Despite making sinful decisions, you can repent and turn away from Satan's influence. But also because of Jesus, you are given grace for being an imperfect human being to begin with. There's a book I've read about how you can basically break sins into two categories: commission and omission. The laws you break because of your imperfection are mistakes, they are sins of omission because you failed to meet the level of expectation, but Jesus' grace helps you make up for that if you're trying. Then sins of commission are a result of choosing sin and require Christ's blood to cleanse you. It's common for people to mistake the two, once again on both sides of the spectrum.

Like basically, there's a difference between missing church because you had to go to work and missing church because you didn't want to go. Evangelicals commonly believe that grace makes up for the latter; obviously incorrect.
>>
File: 1452133878742.png (845KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452133878742.png
845KB, 1920x1080px
>>17185942
What really happened is OP asked a question and instead of being open to answers, he wanted to argue about it. He should've saved us all the trouble and just made a statement that would've been ignored.

Pic related.
>>
>>17185897
>refer to 1 Chronicles 15:2

y'know, since we're just picking and choosing scriptures here.
>>
>>17185857
There are opportunities. Mother Teresa said something to the effect of how it's more important that you do something than worry about solving the problem.
>>
>>17185587
If I recall correctly, Lucifer gaated that God loved Man more than Angels and revolted into a civil war in Heaven, God won so Lucifer is evil
>>
>>17185893
Ok here.

Genesis6:7 - 20 million people for being ”evil“
Genesis19:26 - for simply looking back at the city
Genesis38:7 - firstborn killed for fathers sin
Genesis38:9 - killed for not wanting to impregnate his dead brothers wife
Leviticus10:1 - killed for incorrectly lighting a fire
Numbers11:1 - killed for simply complaining about god
1 Samuel6:19 - 50k killed for simply looking at the ark
2 Kings19:35 - 185k soldiers killed in sleep for defending their home from israel
2 Samuel6:6 - killed for touching the ark
2 Samuel12:14 - firstborn child killed because of fathers adultery
1 Kings13:1 - killed for eating bread after being told by a prophet to do so
1 Kings20:35 - killed by a lion after refusing the assault a prophet being told by another prophet
2 Kings1:9 - 102 soldiers killed after being impolite to king
2 Kings17:25 - village killed by lions after refusing to pray
Acts12:23 - killed for not praising God enough

Here is a handful. Tell me how I am misinterpreting these.
>>
>>17186006
All old testament it doesn't count.
God had a change of heart in the new testament.
>>
>>17185953
This wasn't my intention. I just don't understand how I've misinterpreted his replies. It's the routine excuse I get when asking this question.
>>
>>17186012
What do you mean it doesn't count? Are you fucking retarded
>>
>>17186006
actually >>17186012 is correct, but at this point I'm done responding to these one verse "examples". I mean the first one describes people as "evil". I'm not going to point out how you're wrong when you don't care about context and just want to feel like a big guy on the internet. You pulled these from the internet, not the book itself, there's your fucking misinterpretation.
>>
File: 1450040415473.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1450040415473.png
296KB, 649x649px
>>17186012
>>
>>17186037
>Are you fucking retarded
You must be asking yourself because clearly you haven't read the New Testament.
>>17186025
don't play dumb, i've already explained it to you. you may continue to play your "calm, rational" poker face and think you're right. see you in hell, friend.
>>
>>17186047
D A M A G E
C O N T R O L
>>
>>17186012
>be Hitler
>kill self
>say praise Jesus right before
>iz in heevan now
How delusional Christians think faith works.
>>
>>17186048
>>17186037
samefag
>>17186055
I'm literally doing the same thing he's been doing all night. Don't get autistic.
>>17186057
Didn't happen lol
>>
>>17186047
>>17186054

So basically you asked for more examples, and now will not refute?

Just like the others. I didn't misinterpret anything, you simply cannot rationalize with the conflicting accounts in literature.

Thanks anyway.
>>
wow christfag sure got defensive over some questions lol
>>
It's time to stomp out atheists in America. The majority of Americans would love to see atheists kicked out of America. If you don't believe in God, then get out of this country
The United States is based on having freedom of religion, speech, etc. which means you can believe in God anyway you way (Baptist, Catholic etc.) but you must believe.
I don't recall freedom of religion meaning no religion. Our currency even says, "In God We Trust." So to all the atheist in America: GET OFF OUR COUNTRY!!!!!
Atheists have caused the ruin of this great nation by taking prayer out of our schools and being able to practice only what can be called evil. I don't care if they have never committed a crime, atheist are the reason crime is rampant.
>>
>>17185587
History is written by the winners.
>>
>>17186107
There is a reason they won.
God CHOSE them to win.
>>
File: Contragulations.gif (2MB, 448x432px) Image search: [Google]
Contragulations.gif
2MB, 448x432px
>>17186047
>you don't have any examples
>no them ones don't count cause I said so
>>
ITT: Atheists won
>>
>>17186047
lmao r u saying everyone deserves to die in the genocide? are u fucking retarded m8
>>
File: 1401514803548.jpg (162KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
1401514803548.jpg
162KB, 600x615px
>>17185984
Ye senpai hit that like button on Facebook for 1 prayer. God you people are fucking stupid.
>>
>>17185749
wow you're gay
>>
>>17185587
Lucifer and God are the same person, just polar opposites, at one end of the spectrum you have evil, the other, good, but they're both the same thing.

Lucifer is God. God is lucifer.
>>
>>17185638
It's all a load of shit
>>
God openly admits he causes evil.

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.
>>
>>17186102
Lol. B8 post is b8.
>history: 1
>yahweh freaks: 0
>>
>>17186054
i want to believe something exist afterlife but i know there's nothing afterlife
>>
>>17186523
Yeh, tell us what nothing is? How are you going to experience nothing?
>>
>>17185587
Because God offers free will where Satan offers subjugation and eventual spiritual death.

Free will is a curse as well as a blessing.
God removes His hand from the world that way people have the freedom to choose Him or satan, but it also allows humans to fuck the earth up royally.
>>
>>17186532
you don't experience anything, it's nothing, you die, your chemical processes in brain stop
do you remember how it felt before birth? or those times when you sleep and have a dreamless sleep?
you will just cease to exist
>>
>>17185587

>Why is Satan the bad guy?

I'm guessing because it's his job.

Seriously. Think about it. Without temptation and without suffering in the world, no human can be truly tested. He's more or less a keygrip behind the scenes, working for the man.
>>
>>17186549
Consciousness can't cease to exist, your self image can.
>>
>>17185847
Nah
>>
>>17186063
Yeah because Hitler was always a Christian, not just suddenly one at his deathbed.
>>17186047
So what exactly did Job's children do to deserve their death?
>>
>>17185587
Throughout history, the losers of major conflicts had their history wiped out. Not in recent times anymore, but ancient times. Entire languages erased, libraries, collected knowledge, gone, wiped out by the winner. So who's to say god didn't win a war and paint Lucifer as the bad guy?
>>
>>17185587
satan is bad because he opposes god.
>>
>>17185733
That's true. Children were said to be innocent because they didn't know any better. Yet God condones the slaughtering of a bunch of sand negro?
>>
Satan and his legions of demons are draconian beings
>>
>>17185877
Kinda like how atheists wank about being intellectuals for simply not believing in something?
>>
>>17186006
Sometimes you gotta put the smackdown to let a nigga know what's up you feel me?
>>
>>17185789
I've been thinking that might be true for a very long time anon.
>>
One of my theories is maybe Lucifer was the good guy trying to stop God but lost so he was framed as the bad guy. History is written by the victor or its all just made up.
>>
>>17185587

Being evil is defined by distance to God or opposition to God. It doesn't matter how many someone killed, it's what side you're on that's important.
>>
>>17186544
Bullshit. God wanted to keep Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden to fluff his cock for the rest of eternity. Samael illuminated Adam and Eve with the knowledge of good and evil and the now free will to chose between them. I never understood why people personify yhvy as this super chill super nice all loving diety. And satan is the guy who kills millions, asks you to sacrifice first borns, impose his will to worship him and only him....oh wait, no that's fucking yhvy your "God"
>>
God wants progress, for mankind must evolve, and finally create God, agin and again. Without suffering there wouldnt be effort to climb higher, towards creating the creator.
>>
>>17188507
Hypostasis of the archons, gonna keep suggesting people read it to gain insight of God in Spirit before they "choose sides" between Yahweh and Satan. It's a short read anyways.

Yahweh and Satan is the duality, and it goes back into older legends and the actual God is the Holy Spirit
>>
>>17188522
And, that does mean, that human race is somewhere in the long string of meta-meta-gods?
>>
>>17188524
I'm a gnostic and have read material similar. I would classify yhvy as the demiurge and Satan as one of the the formed essence of Ain
>>
>>17188418
Haha, he peaced the fuck out after I posted them examples. Typical.
>>
>>17188533
Since God has got plenty of time...
It can kill time by splitting itself to infinite pieces, -just to be reunited sometimes again.
That is: Gods own reincarnation is garanteed, as a whole, but not in parts. ( well, that is too, but not in time-dimension ) So God is in the same time more and less, than the sum of its parts.
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 144x186px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 144x186px
>>17188550
Hopefully he's sitting reconsidering all the shit he's willingly gobbled down his whole life. Nah he's probably praying because " we " are the delusional ones.
>>
I'm starting to get mucus build up. Is it satan?
>>
•Satan, like Prometheus, gave knowledge to humanity by giving Eve the fruit from the forbidden tree. Because of Satan, humanity gained knowledge of good and evil, according to Genesis. Since we couldn't have possessed knowledge of good and evil before eating the fruit, Adam and Eve couldn't have known that eating the fruit was evil, so it seems a little harsh to punish them as severely as God did. Satan gave humans true capacity for moral judgment, unlike God, who simply expected everyone to mindlessly obey his orders.
•There is no biblical record of Satan engaging in the murder of torture of any human being, unlike God, who is guilty (and proudly guilty) of commiting genocide.
•There is no biblical record of Satan ever ordering someone to kill someone else, unlike God, who has repeatedly demanded the deaths of those who commit even the smallest of offenses.
•Satan will not be holding a massively dramatic ceremony full of blood and death for the return of his son to Earth. God apparently will.
>>
>>17188589
tldr. satans the good guy. Am I cool yet.
>>
>>17185587
Satan is the chief of devils, devils kill for pleasure
If you think killing for pleasure is not a low activity then you're just projecting your low mindframe onto the world.
>>
>>17188534
So much for "en sof" having any value but u do u, dunno how yhwh and Satan end up in the same category of
>>17188589
>There is know way they knew it would be bad
>yhwh: don't eat it mmmk it's bad
>>
>>17188604
Satan is mere tool for God, to get the job done.
there aint goodcop or badcop in the game, not atleast for any one man. You are part of God, spiritually and materially, but only the spirit can last, when the material changes to something else.
>>
>>17185614
that was a talking snake, nowhere in canon it's stated that it was satan
>>
>>17185587 "the thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10 don'tforget that Satan appears as an angel of light, he hates the human race he wants us to absent from the presence of God, do not be deceived. There are somethings we may never know in this lifetime. But thats what faith is trustibg in all that God says He is
>>
wtf is with you hamburger mongoloids

do you not even google new words to your brain?

what is a satan?
how to satan worship
what is for satan?
loving thy satan
satan daily general

SATAN MEANS ADVERSARY MEANS OBJECTIFIED ENEMY

what is an adversary?
how do i worship my adversary?
what is for adversaries?
loving thy adversary? (JESUS)
adversary daily general (go to /k/)
>>
>>17188604
[citation needed]
>>
File: StMichaelRottmayr.jpg (38KB, 375x600px) Image search: [Google]
StMichaelRottmayr.jpg
38KB, 375x600px
>>17185587

Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon.

And the dragon and his angels fought back,
>but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven.

And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent,
>who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—
he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
>Rev 12:7-9

Aside from Satan being a reference, a being and or a group of beings it is the principle it associates with
>>
>>17188669
Put 2 and 2 together, who else would it be? Do snakes commonly talk. Satan is referred to as the great serpent in the bible.
>>
>>17189452
>>17188669
Sorry, what this guy said>>17189312
Ancient serpent
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.