[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

two nights ago I had a dream that I met someone teaching a Kurt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (11KB, 78x116px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 78x116px
two nights ago I had a dream that I met someone teaching a Kurt Vonnegut seminar. the man looked and sounded just like Vonnegut, but claimed to be someone else, merely a scholar. I tried to ask him questions about his novel Galapgos, but he refused to acknowledge the book. odd for a scholar.

anyway, since then I have been continually encountering Vonnegut in my real life. more than once I've googled something, only to see Kurt Vonnegut come up in the results. it happened twice just today, both results coming from unrelated search terms.

finally, I googled 'Vonnegut' to get an image for this thread and it turns out there's a Kurt Vonnegut memorial library literally 10 minutes from my apartment. should I go?
>>
>>17181256
Are you trying to start an arg
Your post doesn't make any sense

Take your schizophrenia elsewhere
>>
>>17181256
Idk man that's creepy. I am a minor fan of his though.
>>
>>17181263
How would this even be the beginning of an ARG? Do you know what an ARG is?
>>
>>17181270
I'm really not a fan of his at all. I've read a few his novels and I've done as much research about him as I have about most other authors, which may be a lot, but he's never been very important to me.

But now here I am, trying desperately to figure out what significance he has in my life. I'm at a crossroads personally and I'm wondering if this won't lead me to some sort of resolution.
>>
Bump for interest. I've always loved Vonnegut.
>>
In the dream, I approached the scholar and asked, "Are you Kurt Voggenut?" He did not think this was funny or clever. Instead he ignored me throughout the seminar as I tried to ask him questions about Galapagos. The only response had for me was putting an anthology of Vonnegut short stories in my hand.

I woke up, told my wife about the dream and we laughed at it. That night I was googling ideas for dates around the city. To my surprise, there was a Vonnegut reading event happening downtown that night. It seemed queer to me, but I didn't give it much more thought.

The next day, I was looking up a quote from the Penguins of Madagascar and the first result was a link to an article about a Vonnegut short story.

I can't just chalk this up to Baader-Meinhof or observation bias, but I'm reluctant to project too much meaning onto these events.
>>
I went thru a similar phase a few years ago, was at a crossroads of life too. Kurt kept popping up, I had no idea who he was. Pay some respect to him. If you're going thru what I went thru you're going to have a very difficult time but you can get thru it however you want by willing it to be so. Trust your self trust in your ability to find answers and don t be afraid to follow instinct.
>>
>>17181256
I recommend you take a long, contemplating night drive to clear your head. Then swerve off the road and visit a Holiday Inn.
>>
>>17181256
Why? Why make it about Kurt? You realize playing this game using him goes against everything he believed in right?
>>
>>17181256
If you searched for him in the past I'm pretty sure most search engines will take that into consideration to give you personalized results or whatever. If you feel like you're seeing a pattern in your search results it's probably because there is one.
Also it's not unusual to notice something more often when it's still fresh in your mind. Sometimes when I learn a new word or phrase I feel like I suddenly hear it everywhere, when in reality I heard it just the same amount but now I'm more sensitive to it.
And if you want to go to the library then you should. If you expect something unusual to happen you'll probably be disappointed, but maybe you'll find a good book at least.
>>
>>17181256
No. Don't go. Why would you go? Doesn't make sense. You apparently like Kurt Vonnegut and there's a memorial ten minutes away from you. Obviously you should definitely not go. Stupid question.
>>
>>17181529
You're right. I'm heading over there right now. Maybe I'll find an answer along the way. Maybe I'll just wait until morning and go inside. We'll see.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.