[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens when we die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 11

File: success.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
success.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
What happens when we die?
>>
>>17169459
Everyone forgets you exist and life carries on like you were never even born for everyone who isn't dead.
>>
>>17169459
If you were a good and righteous person you goto heaven. If you were not a good person you come back as an Indian or a black.
>>
>>17169459
You never die you are alive in another universe and there are infinity universes. You exist outside of time.
>>
>>17169471
I was talking about is it just an end to our self awareness, or is there more?
>>
File: Xenophon.jpg (87KB, 400x617px) Image search: [Google]
Xenophon.jpg
87KB, 400x617px
>>17169471
>Everyone forgets you exist

Well, that kind of depends.
>>
you are put in a war machine, and serve the emperor once more.
>>
File: 1449617877901.jpg (87KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
1449617877901.jpg
87KB, 620x387px
>>17169484
>You never die you are alive in another universe and there are infinity universes.

NEETs love this idea. They may be useless here, but hey! I can just sit on my ass my whole life and then next life, or the one after that, I'll be SOMEBODY THAT MATTERS!!!
>>
You go to either heaven or hell, how you go about life decides where you end up.
>>
>>17169501
Doesn't really matter what you like or not, it's the most scientific explanation we have of anything resembling an afterlife.
>>
>>17169459
I saw the image and thought I was on /fit/ for a second... was going to comment "damn you need to cut boy"
>>
In all likelihood, nothing. Nothing happens. Your life functions cease, the neural signals that make up your brain all go out, and eventually your body decomposes.

If that thought bothers you too much you can try to believe in some religious explanation about afterlives or something similar.
>>
>>17169511

There is NOTHING in the whole multiverse theory that has individual human's essence going from one universe to another after they die.
>>
We're reincarnated without any memory of our former life
>>
>>17169459
Whatever you believe in.
>>
>>17169525
There's no such thing as essence dipshit, that 20watts of power which bouncing around your head and giving consciousness is conserved in accordance with all physical laws.
>>
File: oo.png (1KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
oo.png
1KB, 251x201px
You relive the last thought and emotion you had forever and ever for all eternity in a dark silent void.
>>
>>17169489
Even people who are commemorated are just names. Nobody really remembers the person, just the sum of their works or a few things they said. Even incredibly famous historical figures, we pick apart and criticize their contributions to humanity, nobody asks whether they liked the color blue or even behaved like a decent human being.
>>
>>17169701
I always wondered what Hitler's favorite color was ,bet it was blue
>>
>>17169712
I'm pretty sure his favorite color was gassed Jew.
>>
>>17169602
Correct. Your brain will rot and spread, your heat goes to everything around you.

The end
>>
>>17169722

fuck off /pol/
>>
>>17169744
Aww, did I hurt your widdle itty bitty feewings. Here, let me kiss your tiny mangina better.
>>
>>17169712

green imo
>>
Then you go back home. Spiritual world is where we come from and where we go back. Material world life is just an experience we chosed to go through.
>>
I have done DMT about a dozen times. I have seen the after life. He'll is endless repetition. It is dark and cold and drab and horrible beyond words. Heaven is total love and chaos. Angels are swirls of light that have no steady shape and heaven is bright and ever changing and glorious. The universe is vast I saw ships that where empty and what was needed formed out of the walls. I saw a whole race a of green skinned elves form a society and create art. The afterlife is intimidating and vast an wonderful. But only if you have no fear. Negative energy will go to the negative plane. Positive to the positive plane. He'll is order and repetition. Heaven is chaos and new. Hop and ever changing wonders.
>>
File: 7.jpg (186KB, 767x850px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
186KB, 767x850px
>>17169459
anything
>>
>>17169602
>that 20watts of power which bouncing around your head and giving consciousness is conserved in accordance with all physical laws.

Youtube level of Physics knowledge detected.

That's like saying 20 watts of energy in a lightbulb stays lightbulb energy for ever. Energy morphs into other forms or is converted to matter, it doesn't stay the same unit energy forever. More importantly there's no reason that what makes a human a human stays with any quantity of energy.
>>
File: give.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
give.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>17169754
>>
>>17169753
>Hell is endless repetition.
So hell is factory work?
>>
File: satan_worshipper21.jpg (275KB, 400x1421px) Image search: [Google]
satan_worshipper21.jpg
275KB, 400x1421px
>>17169768
>Hell is endless repetition.
>So hell is factory work?
>>
>>17169768
Strange, I like factory work. The more repetitive the better. I wonder what my DMT trip to the afterlife would look like.
>>
>>17169768
More like a vast sewer with every brick in exact order that goes on forever. Everything is meticulous, and it will stay that way forever. No change, no hope. Sure no fire, at least no yet. It does not sound bad, but when you experience it ....It is horrible and profound. The total absence of hope .....eternal unending unchanging order.
>>
>>17169776
I recommend it. But don't use it like a drug . Be serious and make sure your mind is not cluttered when you do it , the feeling is intense and vivid. It is not a hallucination. You ARE there and it feels more real then reality. You will be "out" for 15 minutes real time but it feels like 2 weeks minimum sometimes months. And when you come out of it you process all of it. And most of it is totally indescribable, we don't have the words.
>>
i stick it in your moms ass and lick her pussy cheese.
>>
>>17169459
You don't. There are infinite you's in the multiverse.
>>
>>17169459
fuck all
>>
File: SoulWinning.jpg (613KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SoulWinning.jpg
613KB, 800x1200px
>>17169459
If you don't have the blood of Jesus covering your sins, you are going to hell.
>>
>>17170858
wait wait, you motherfucker, we challenge you to a rock off.
>>
>>17169701
Well aren't you just the new little fucking Schopenhauer?
>>
>>17169746
> le edgy neckbeard response

/pol/ confirmed for cesspool of autists
>>
>>17169459
We're already dying or dead. You know that old cliché about how your life flashes before your eyes before you die? Well, that's what we're experiencing now. The thing is, when we reach the end, there's a reset and it starts over from the beginning. The question is whether or not we have the power to change details pertaining to our next life cycle or whether we're doomed to repeat the exact same experiences again and again.
>>
>>17170869
Kek
>>
>>17170934
lol
any evidence at all
>>
Since matter has finite combinations, assuming there is no God, afterlife etc, theoretically if there are finite combinations, we will be conscious again one day.
>>
>>17169753
This is why I am scared of DMT. I don't know if I should try it if it results in acquiring moronic delusions.
>>
>>17169471
/thread
>>
>>17169746
This person is not representative of /pol/, we aren't ALL edgy
>>
>>17169477
Kek
>>
>>17169459
>What happens when we die?

Depends, if your name Uchiha Madara or Jesus Christ ?
>>
>>17169459
your mind/thinking consciousness cease to exist and that's pretty much that
>>
File: asfrggh.jpg (133KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
asfrggh.jpg
133KB, 1600x1200px
It's kinda like when you are a small child and your parents put you in the new bed they bought for you while you're asleep. When you wake up you realize it's not your old bed but after a little while you know everything is going to be ok.
>>
What delightful hosts are they --
Life and Love!
Lingeringly I turn away,
This late hour, yet glad enough
They have not withheld from me
Their high hospitality.
So, with face lit with delight
And all gratitude, I stay
Yet to press their hands and say,
"Thanks. -- So fine a time! Good night."
>>
>>17169459
The same thing that happened before you were born.
>>
>>17169488
If you look at it completely without emotion you can state rather certainly that if the electrical activity in your brain stops, you cease to be.

So far we have been unable to measure any type of energy or biological factor that could be the soul of a person, considering the enormous thing it would be in nature it is very unlikely it would be this hard to discover.

Also, if humans, then why not all other organisms? We aren't different if you leave religion out of it. I honestly don't think there is an afterlife for that fruit fly I just killed or for bacteria.

Even if we continue to exist in some form, you definitely won't be the same, as you lose all your DNA, brain centers, hormone glands etc, and that stuff really really influences how you think and behave.
>>
>>17169498
MY LIFE FOR AUIR
>>
Go to bed, Benny Magnusson...
>>
>>17169712
White, he said it over six million times ffs!
>>
File: NUEDplM.gif (386KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
NUEDplM.gif
386KB, 500x281px
>>17169484
A man sits down before a gun, which is pointed at his head. This is no ordinary gun; it's rigged to a machine that measures the spin of a quantum particle. Each time the trigger is pulled, the spin of the quantum particle -- or quark -- is measured. Depending on the measurement, the gun will either fire, or it won't. If the quantum particle is measured as spinning in a clockwise motion, the gun will fire. If the quark is spinning counterclockwise, the gun won't go off. There'll only be a click.
Nervously, the man takes a breath and pulls the trigger. The gun clicks. He pulls the trigger again. Click. And again: click. The man will continue to pull the trigger again and again with the same result: The gun won't fire. Although it's functioning properly and loaded with bullets, no matter how many times he pulls the trigger, the gun will never fire. He'll continue this process for eternity, becoming immortal.
Go back in time to the beginning of the experiment. The man pulls the trigger for the very first time, and the quark is now measured as spinning clockwise. The gun fires. The man is dead.
But, wait. The man already pulled the trigger the first time -- and an infinite amount of times following that -- and we already know the gun didn't fire. How can the man be dead? The man is unaware, but he's both alive and dead. Each time he pulls the trigger, the universe is split in two. It will continue to split, again and again, each time the trigger is pulled.
>>
Perhaps we never die...

Guess we'll never know.
>>
It's just a matter of perspective.

Do we have the full picture?
>>
>>17169459
when you die, you gain autism. faggot. get out of x and go to /b/
>>
>>17169593
Which, coupled with the destruction of your original body, is literally the same thing as ceasing to exist.
>>
>>17169753
>It is dark and cold and drab and horrible beyond words
sounds like my room
>>
>>17169786
Do you go unconscious when you take it? Should I have someone with me? Lay down?
>>
Funerals are typical from my understanding.
>>
>>17171241
But in all probability there's no continuity in consciousness, thus it's irrelevant.
>>
>>17173588
>AUIR
kill yourself
>>
>>17177173
You're talking to yourself, aren't you?
>>
>>17177194
We all are
>>
>>17177173
My statement was pure hypothesis, but if it is indeed correct that death is just nothing, then eventually the matter that is you or I may come together again and make us conscious. We became conscious from nothing, who's to say it can't happen again
>>
>>17170858
Wouldn't we also get eternal life in hell?
>>
you become the guy in the photo, a.k.a. a big guy
>>
we're already dead

this is hell
>>
>>17169459
feels about the same before you were born.
>>
>>17171520
Have one breakthrough experience and you will know what he said is true
>>
just die, nothing more, our system dont work and we lost the conscience, that's die
>>
>he hasn't died before

smdh

I die once a week.
>>
>>17169498
I lol, then remembered I wrote it last week, and was smug.
>>
>>17178964
System 32.
>>
>>17170934
It's called letting go.
The reason it repeats is because you're attached to the illusion and can't let it go, can't welcome change.
>>
>>17169459
If one religion is false, then all religions are false.

Prove Gödel wrong.

>The first incompleteness theorem states that no consistent system of axioms whose theorems can be listed by an "effective procedure" (i.e., any sort of algorithm) is capable of proving all truths about the relations of the natural numbers (arithmetic). For any such system, there will always be statements about the natural numbers that are true, but that are unprovable within the system. The second incompleteness theorem, an extension of the first, shows that such a system cannot demonstrate its own consistency.
>>
you die and begin to rot. thats about it "you" do exist. fucking retards
>>
>>17169459
We don't know.

Or more accurately it's impossible for us to know because, as beings that exist we can't image what a state of non-existence feels like. Hell, 'feels' is probably a misnomer.

All that we can tell is that it'll be nothing like we can imagine it to be.
>>
ive come to a conclusion to not give a shit of the "end" i mean its quite literally pointless to think about it longer than you have to for me i stopped caring when no new answers or new possible thoughts came to me about death and what comes after, no new information, these things just make my head hurt because i dont get a answer, i just question and question over and over again its something we cant stop from happening yet, so theres no point in giving a shit, when death comes it comes, what comes after death comes after death it literally doesnt matter we all die just accept it dont care for it its only human to die.

And about immortality i was wondering if a immortal human starts to feel hes been alive for too long and it doesnt feel right to be alive this long, like people who stay up for 2-3 days straight, personally when ive done that ive gotten this utter bad feeling of fear and weird stuff telling me that this is wrong im not supposed to be up this long ect ect, so the same thing might apply to immortals but that effect would be more psychological than sleep deprivation.
>>
>>17177173
>>17177358
It's the whole thing with teleporters, isn't it?

If you're teleported, you're temporarily destroyed and then recreated in the exact same configuration somewhere else.

The question is if the you that's there is a new you, and the old 'you' died and now it's just a copy of you walking around with your memories, or if consciousness is a state that means, when the conditions are correct you are recreated along with your matter.
>>
Only the dead know. And don't believe the peeps who say they came back for the dead hurr saw the white light etc.

NO ONE KNOWS!
>>
>>17169459
you call those arms? DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRO?
>>
>>17170920
>le /pol/ is one person meme
>>
>>17169471
you go to the noosphere, chill abit, come back
>>
I plan on killing myself so where do you think i'll go if there is an afterlife?
>>
>>17179683
If there is an afterlife you will go to hell, underworld to be tortured for eternity.
If there is no afterlife you just disappear.

To do an imagination exercise, imagine yourself lossing suddenly all touch with memories... not you just feel like you learn everything again.. suddenly you cannot move any part of your body nor feel it... you feel like your perception is going lower and lower and you are aware of less and less things... until eventually you don't even think... you're left in a cold state until suddenly the you disappears.
Now shift your imagination towards the corpse which was formally you... it's going to decompose ... going trough many stages until it becomes a skeleton.. no brain tissue, no memories, no life.. nothing.
>>
>>17173588
kill the xenos!
>>
>>17169768
like an Apple factory in Korea
>>
>>17170934
so really I'm dead right fucking now and repeating my entire life in seconds but in a inferior level like Inception where I feel it like years but in reality I'm dead...

Sounds like a movie from M. Night Shyamalan
>>
part of the way through, usually by the time brain death begins, the body loses power to hold happy chemicals, and they leak into your mind.

you essentially get high off yourself
>>
>>17179826
>but in reality I'm dead
Or dying.
>Sounds like a movie from M. Night Shyamalan
Actually, it's from a book written by Anthony Peake. I'm a cheerful skeptic when it comes to his ideas, but they are original and quite imaginative.
>>
You post this on EVERY thread but you never defend against anyone asking questions against the logic used in the bible
>>
>>17174632
um cool
>>
>>17179272
hello epicurus
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbIDnWi1BxA
>>
You join the lifestream
>>
>>17169501
Im a NEET and fucking hate any afterlife specially the one you mention
>>
>>17169744
butthurt
>>
File: ziMV9wg.png (2MB, 2082x2082px) Image search: [Google]
ziMV9wg.png
2MB, 2082x2082px
https://en.wikipedia org/wiki/Eternal_oblivion
>>
>>17174632
no way!
>>
>>17179188
Very interesting. Btw, is this your own idea or did you read it somewhere? :)
>>
I forget which one it was but remember reading about this ancient religion were the after life was a dark void were we existed as faint shadows.
>>
>>17169753
Nice try Tzeentch Worshiper.
>>
>>17169459
you mean when your body dies?
>>
>>17169459
There will be less shitposters.
>>
>>17169507
Learn your religion man, in christianity you dont go anywhere when you die. Its the apocalypse and the return of Jesus, when the believers are resurrected. People have been on the ground for a long, long time, forgotten.
>>
>>17169459
It would be extremely painful
>>
You die every minute and the your mind moves to another reality, so you will never know that you're dead
>>
>>17183868
The disturbing implication of this theory is that from your own point of view, you will keep living despite the odds until you reach a point where it is statistically impossible to keep living. How many years do you reckon that could be? What if there's an infinitely small chance of living forever? Just how many coincidences and miracles would it take for a human to somehow exist until/if reality ends. Your survival would become increasingly contrived and bizarre as time continues. Imagine the living Hell of being a 10,000 year old who simply won't die.
>>
>>17183909
I agree with you. That's some sort of hell.
>>
>>17183909
>>17183868
You guys assume that other realities are connected together.. and if they are be sure they're not connected in atoms, in flesh.
At best black holes could be an escape point but there's nothing alike us in any part of our bodies.
>>
>>17183925
I just said that this theory exists. I don't want to argue about it 'cause we know nothing about other realities
>>
>>17174632

Nice St. Vincent .gif.
>>
>>17169459
nothing.
>>
>>17169459
kill yourself and tell me what happens
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.