[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creepy voicemail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (3MB, 4651x3655px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4651x3655px
Need your help, /x/. Last night, at about 23:00EST (11pm), I received a phone call from a number I had never been called from before. The message comes from a number in Atlanta, GA (407 area code) and I do not know anyone down there and have never received a call from that area code before.

The problem is that the message is 00:04:00 long and sounds like it's from a somewhat muffled phone, possibly in a pocket. The entire message has beeping at a regular interval, high-pitched. The first 5 beeps play, then the next 5 beeps sound like they are in reverse. Then the pattern repeats, no change in timing, no stopping. Occasionally, there's a muffled screaming sound, sounding like a female voice. There is some random muffled sound like that of movement, someone hitting the phone on something or something being hit against something else. There sounds like a male voice in there, but nothing is clear enough to make out.

Did anyone else get anything like this before?
>>
Sexy butt dial
>>
>by no means post the phone number
>>
>>15757571
I'm hesitant to do so since I am not sure if this was an intentional call or not. Also, the content of the voicemail message is questionable. If there really is something nefarious going on, I certainly don't want to exacerbate the situation if the caller was a lurker of this board.
>>
someone probably forgot to lock their phone, put it in their pocket r bag and it's accidentally dialled yor number. Then when voicemail has kicked in, someone else has tried to contact the phone that's calling you and you get them beep things to notify you that someone else is trying to call.
All logical.
>>
>>15758002
Sure, that's what I was thinking, too, but I don't know who it was- I live in the NE of the country.

I'm trying to get the file together to have you folks listen to it, though. Gonna take me a few to figure it out.
>>
>>15758038
just take an aux cable from the headphone out of your phone, plug it into the mic input of your pc/laptop and then record it with audacity or that sound recorded in windows accessories.

if you can do that then I'll clear the audio up in one of my DAW's and see if I can hear things a little clearer.
>>
>>15758038
Jesus it's the 21st century and people need to "figure it out" are you 70 years old?
>>
>>15758067
Calm your tits, bro.
>>
Doubt this matters but 407 area code is for Orlando Florida.

>>15757501
>>
>>15758090
When I did a search for the exact number, it came up registered to someone living in Atlanta, GA
>>
>>15758067
Don't be a horse's ass.

Here's the file:
https://soundcloud.com/lauser777/voicemail
>>
>>15758281
Clearly it's a butt dial and if it's her phone, they're doing it missionary and if it's his, it's cowgirl.
>>
>>15758294
Listen to the whole thing?

Hear the strange somewhat musical sounds? Those repeating low-register tones? I mean, what kind of sex is going on like that? Alien sex?
>>
>>15758300
They're parked near an ice cream truck.
>>
>>15758067
Givin' double thumbs up/2X likes to this guy. He speaks the truth.
>>
>>15758281
That's fucking weird
>>
>>15758430
It is.
>>
>>15758316
Sad that even /x/ has trolls.
>>
Sounds like a smoke alarm
>>
Call the number back
>>
>>15758704
This. Ask if they got any lately.
>>
It seems like a failed attempt of a sos morse code by dialing the numbers. My theory is that someone is in trouble and he/she dialed a random number cause his/hers hands ar tied or somethin.>>15758281
>>
is OP still around?
make it downloadable please!
sounds like a reverse "beep" from a truck
>>
>>15758281
make it downloadable.
>>
>>15758967
I'm at work again, gotta wait until I get home some time tomorrow before I can find a service to post the file to.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who finds this voicemail strange.
>>
that last bit could be a gunshot

and the yelling afterwards seem distressed
>>
>>15759682

you can make it downloadable on soundcloud using the settings
>>
педики
>>
>>15759751
Can't alter settings via mobile, has to be via lap/desktop. I'll get to that in the a.m.
>>
>>15757501
Sounds like a crime. Best call the police.
>>
This could be anything from a kid dropping a toy and screaming about it, to an actual crime. There really is no way to find out and I can't think of anything to explain the beeping.
>>
File: 1421329547957.jpg (15KB, 268x205px) Image search: [Google]
1421329547957.jpg
15KB, 268x205px
wow that sounded pretty fucking spoopy. the screaming sounds like it comes from a partially closed mouth, like taped or something. wouldn't it be possible to isolate and kill the frequencies of the truck's beeping and try to enhance the other ones? Shouldn't be harder than removing the vocals from a song with an equalizer if you know what you're doing. If I were you, I'd ask /mu/ for some help.
>>
>>15758281

Sounds like Jenny death
>>
>>15758281
Damn...this is pretty..strange
>>
After listening to it, I'm convinced that there's only one explanation
>>
>>15760725
agreed
>>
>>15758666
nice trips, O dark and exalted lord
>>
>>15759751
Okay, track is now downloadable. If anyone here has the know-how to filter through some of the sounds in order to get a better idea of what's going on, please feel free to do so.
>>
>>15758281

That sounds like it's coming from a car. You know that beeping sound a car makes when it's in drive and the front seatbelt isn't buckled?
>>
>>15760697
Goddammit /mu/
>>
Sounds to me like a garbage truck. Also the 'screaming sound' sounds like mechanical arms going up or down, like the ones that grab on to the trash can to dump it. Also the 'gunshot' sounds like somebody dropped either their phone or something they were holding onto a counter.

It doesn't really sound like anything strange is going on in the voicemail. I'm gonna' go with it's a butt dial.
>>
>>15757501
some kid playing with a phone? sounds like it is running around in the house. the beeping sound.. not sure about this.

at 1:22 someone is picking up the phone.

some babbling. then running. another phone vibrating?

The beeping noise.. could this be a fire alarm?

just post the number,OP.
>>
>>15762144
>>15762144
FUCK i'm so stupid. the beeping and the hydraulic sounds.

either its a hospital bed, or some industrial machine.
>>
File: Immagine.png (616KB, 748x450px) Image search: [Google]
Immagine.png
616KB, 748x450px
>>15760697
>>
>>15760697
the cancer has spread
>>
>>15758281
Its obvious that its in a hospital setting, or warehouse.
>>
>>15762732
You can clearly hear coughs and someone on a phone (nurse perhaps?).
>>
Consider how bullshit it is that the voicemail lasts exactly 4 hours (tho ive known people who's phone automatically hang up after four hours)

HOWEVER a VOICEMAIL lasting four hours? The person would need tp keep pressing a number ( 2 on mine) to extend the voicemail that muthafucking long.

ALSO consider the bullshit factor that this person didnt check their phone for that long (in this society? Doubt it)
>>
>>15762137
Keep in mind that the call was at 11pm...... not the normal garbage collecting times.
>>
>>15763819
4 minutes not hours
>>
>>15762732
Hospital sounD's believable to a degree. Weird alien sounds in there, though. What kind of machine would make those tones?
>>
The beeping sounds like a smoke detector or a phone's alarm clock. There are also mechanical sounds in there, like a machine lifting something up
>>
File: really.png (103KB, 212x231px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
103KB, 212x231px
>>15758067
>>
>>15758081

Fuck you. Seriously, why the fuck are you here? You thik that's fucking funny?

/x/ is a place for people to share their beliefs *without* judgment from fuckoffs like you. So get the fuck out, take your attitude with you. Go to /b/ where people will give a shit.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.