[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do mexicans worship death so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

File: sanpascualitoflyer.jpg (424KB, 450x695px) Image search: [Google]
sanpascualitoflyer.jpg
424KB, 450x695px
Why do mexicans worship death so much?
>>
>>15337177
Only the ghetto barrio ones do.

It's the triumph of ignorance.
>>
>>15337177
100% of Mexicans die
>>
Cause we are a naturally violent society (Brutal mayan/aztecs + Spanish pirates) with deep catholic beliefs in us.
>>
File: day-of-the-dead1.jpg (58KB, 340x620px) Image search: [Google]
day-of-the-dead1.jpg
58KB, 340x620px
Spoopy skeletons are big part of mexican culture
>>
What kind of show costs 120$? That's what I really find paranormal.
>>
>>15337196
This. I'm not Mexican but my people got some pretty good ideas on death due to being a violent culture back in the day.
>>
File: Joven-Santa-Muerte.jpg (35KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
Joven-Santa-Muerte.jpg
35KB, 400x396px
They fused Catholicism with ancient native mexican death worship
>>
i think argentinians worship death too
>>
>>15337226
This, and it wasn't much of a merger, as the two were pretty much the same.
>>
Okay this whole thread kind of pisses me off because I actually am Mexican and this whole all mexicans worship death is kinda crap. It seriously aint even about that at all, santa murete(saint death) is more or less a patron saint of the lost(spiritually not physically), but is also the chosen patron saint of the mexican criminal underworld like narcos, coytes, and cartel men. Just sort of like a rebel symbol that the criminal underworld beleives protects them from law enforcement.

Tl;dr: you are all dumb fucks.
>>
>>15337280
why so rude ese?
>>
File: santa muerta 3.jpg (157KB, 250x443px) Image search: [Google]
santa muerta 3.jpg
157KB, 250x443px
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Muerte

>Nuestra Señora de la Santa Muerte or, colloquially, Santa Muerte (Spanish for Our Lady of the Holy Death), is a female folk saint venerated primarily in Mexico and the Southwestern United States. A personification of death, she is associated with healing, protection, and safe delivery to the afterlife by her devotees

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Pascualito

>San Pascualito (also known as San Pascualito Muerte and El Rey San Pascual) is a folk saint associated with Saint Paschal Baylon and venerated in Guatemala and the Mexican state of Chiapas. He is called "King of the Graveyard."[1] His veneration is associated with the curing of disease, and is related to the Latin American cult of death. The tradition may be related to the worship of a pre-Columbian death god.[2] San Pascualito is represented as a skeleton, sometimes caped or wearing a crown. The veneration of San Pascualito is not approved by the Roman Catholic Church.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim%C3%B3n

>The legend has it that one day while the village men were off working in the fields, Maximón slept with all of their wives. When they returned, they became so enraged they cut off his arms and legs (this is why most effigies of Maximón are short, often without arms). Following this, he somehow became a god, or perhaps prior to this he had been possessed by the god. Later, with the introduction of Christianity, Maximón's effigy was replaced by one of Judas Iscariot in Holy Week carnival rituals

Last one is pretty lel
>>
>>15337211
That's around 12 dollars you dumb nigger
>>
I've always liked the imagery of Dios de los Muerte
>>
>>15337280
have you seen a chupacabra?
>>
File: 4chan emoticon.png (937B, 233x61px) Image search: [Google]
4chan emoticon.png
937B, 233x61px
>>15337305
He's seen a chalupacabra
>>
>>15337280
Dude, you were probably born in America. You're not Mexican.
But you're not wrong kind of so good job.
>>
>>15337319

So he's a Mexican-American?
>>
>>15337305
>>15337292
Perhaps i should of said american of mexican backround... I am not anyones "ese" nor have i seen any chupacabras.
>>
>>15337280
>Implying some Mexicans are not drug dealers.
>>
>>15337319
Yes i was, ft.polk louisana actually, lived in central ohio for a large portion of my life.
>>
File: tumblr_lk2mi085tG1qcq9puo1_500.jpg (186KB, 484x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lk2mi085tG1qcq9puo1_500.jpg
186KB, 484x700px
youre face when the entire mexican culture is based on spoopy skeletons
>>
>>15337280
Spics are catholics which is a death cult.
>>
>>15337382
Careful, all that edge might poke a hole into your fedora.
>>
>>15337177

Because they're poor. That being said I love Mexicans, they do a fine job cleaning my house
>>
>>15337321
Mexican is a nationality.

He would be hispanic or latino but he is American, not Mexican.
>>
File: zeta.png (946KB, 895x607px) Image search: [Google]
zeta.png
946KB, 895x607px
>>15337177
Because they're always dying.
>>
>>15337280
Mexican American detected. Not just bad guys worship, I mean their a whole week of death worship in Mexico. Unless all Mexicans are criminals.
>>
We need more lemon pledge
>>
>>15337651
But anon, all mexicans are criminals.
>>
>>15337651
2 things wrong dipshit, its not a week, and its not a worship of death itself. Its a time to honor our dead and fallen and put a physical face on the end of the journey that is life. Dieing is not something seen as awful culturally as it is here. People honor their dead and move on. Mexicans dont worship death itself as an independent entity. How the fuck are you going to try and tell me about my own culture i grew up in? Thats what i really cant fucking stand about white people, you guys read a couple things on the internet or watch an hour long documentary on NGC then you feel like you can lecture people on what they beleive and practice. Fuck you dude.
>>
>>15337998
>Dieing is not something seen as awful culturally as it is here. People honor their dead and move on.

Orthodox Christian here, can relate to this practice.
>>
>>15337998
lel look at this faggot
>>
>>15338014
Plus all that ancient Aztec ritual sacrifice culture had to go somewhere when the gringos arrived stole our silver and pushed the holy jew on us
>>
>>15338070
no we stole your gold
>>
>>15338080
can you not an history
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potos%C3%AD
>>
>>15338096
typical beaner who can't into geography
>>
>>15338124
>implying geography exist
>>
>implying the aztecs didnt have and empire
>implying they didnt control and pillage tribes
>implying it was limited to present day mexico city
>>
>>15338125
it's not my problem if your whole knowledge ends at rio grande
>>
>>15338141
>implying the rio is in fact grande at all
>implying its not all a zionist-reptiallian conspiracy
>Being this much of a disinfo
>>
>>15337177
many third world and emerging countries have been labeled as morbid. i think its because of a closeness to one's dead or just exposure to death whether from illness or violence as a daily thing.
>>
File: sacrifice.jpg (590KB, 911x600px) Image search: [Google]
sacrifice.jpg
590KB, 911x600px
>>15337177
Because Quetzalcoatl demands it.
>>
>>15337177
I believe it's not like they "worship death so much", but possibly because they culturally see death in a different way than other countries do.

India has a different way of seeing death too.
Hell, even among European culture there's a lot of variation.
>>
File: 2275160.jpg (87KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
2275160.jpg
87KB, 400x400px
It goes wayyyy back to mayan and aztec death rituals and holidays.
>>
>>15337332
yeah, dude's a douche. Everyone in Mexico is a drug dealer, i know it because im mexican.
>>
File: jesus crucifixion.jpg (153KB, 1087x764px) Image search: [Google]
jesus crucifixion.jpg
153KB, 1087x764px
>>15337177
most religions do
>>
File: 1371270860122.jpg (457KB, 1148x2072px) Image search: [Google]
1371270860122.jpg
457KB, 1148x2072px
>>15338278
>>
>>15337261
Indeed, mostly in the northern areas do. San La Muerte, macumba, but the main difference: death cult in Mexico has a positive light on it whereas in Argentina it is thought to be practised by people with very bad intentions.
Almost everyone I know try to change topics or disregards what is related to it.
>>
File: Islamic Stoning.jpg (36KB, 460x276px)
Islamic Stoning.jpg
36KB, 460x276px
>>15338285
>>
>>15337194

That's racist
>>
>>15337177
because spics are evil
>>
>>15337177
The big Mexican thing is to celebrate death because it's your family member moving on to a better place and all that.
But the mex mafia and cartel cats like it because it's the whole tough shit "we kil u" thing. Think of Mara Salvatrucha and their love of the number 13.
>>
They are farmers.
And afraid of everything. Thus they appease the certain things in life.

Like death, taxes, and drugs.
>>
>>15338070
gringos? you mean spanish?
>>
>>15337334
Where? I'm in central oh and it blows
>>
File: death.jpg (67KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
67KB, 625x351px
>>15338278
Jesus is a living God.
>>
>>15341261
I agree with you, but that line, "Not today", was awesome.
>>
The perfectly preserved corpses of babies and adults were brashly displayed amid neon lights, fake cobwebs, and other cheap Halloween-esque adornments. Confronted with this seeming lack of respect for the dead and vulgarity of the displays, I explained to my shocked companion that Mexicans have a peculiarly different relationship with death to other cultures. As the Nobel prize-winning Mexican writer Octavio Paz explained in his seminal work Labyrinth of Solitude:

"The Mexican ... is familiar with death, jokes about it, caresses it, sleeps with it, celebrates it. True, there is as much fear in his attitude as in that of others, but at least death is not hidden away: he looks at it face to face, with impatience, disdain or irony."

The origins of the Day of the Dead rest in the 16th-century fusion of the Aztecs' belief in death as merely one part in the wider cycle of existence, their ritual venerations and offerings to the goddess Mictecacihuatl ("Lady of the Dead") for deceased children and adults, and the conquering Spaniards' desire to accommodate these festivities within the Catholic celebrations of All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day. While contemporary observance of the Day of the Dead does include masses and prayers to saints and the dead, it is dominated by carnivalesque rituals to a far greater extent that the orthodox Catholic celebrations found in western Europe.

The period is specifically a joyous, ritualistically elaborate celebration of life, rather than a sober mourning of its passing.
>>
someone post the pic of the hooded templars in mexico doing rituals
>>
>>15337293

>The legend has it that one day while the village men were off working in the fields, Maximón slept with all of their wives
>Following this, he somehow became a god

one of the best legends ever created
>>
>>15341170
I live in columbus, lived here since i was roughly 11, hated it when I first came here but 12 years later I guess it sorta grew on me, wouldnt want to live anywhere else.
>>
>>15337177
We don't, you retard

I don't know where you get those stupid stereotypes
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.