[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ related books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: john-kenn-140.jpg (263KB, 602x355px) Image search: [Google]
john-kenn-140.jpg
263KB, 602x355px
Lookin' for some spooky shit to read. What are some spooky reads?

[Pic Unrelated]
>>
File: 1409327119042.jpg (167KB, 700x430px) Image search: [Google]
1409327119042.jpg
167KB, 700x430px
>>15184908
pic
>>
Joe Hill is my favorite horror author right now. Hes phenomenal and incredibly creative with his stories. Give N0S4A2 and Heart Shaped Box a try
>>
>>15184908

I read a book called Slugs by Shaun Hutson years ago and it freaked me out a bit. Slugs are everywhere mang.
>>
Not OP, but me too
I'm starting to believe i'm not able to get scared by books
I read Red Dragon, 1984, The shining, the monstrumologist, The island of Doctor Moreau and i'm currently reading IT, and i can't really say i've been scared once.
>>
>>15184951
Joe Hill?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_yC4ffyGiw
>>
>>15184920
>>15184908
Can i just take a moment to say that the theme in these pics are very similar, Nearly always something watching humans doing casual shit and they seemingly don't even see it

This makes me think the artist suffers from some serious paranoia
>>
>>15184978
someone doesnt have a good imagination.
>>
Laird baron has some pretty good stuff. Not really scary, but more like badass mystery/action stories with a horror touch.
>>
>>15184908
In the Court of the Dragon, and a couple of the other stories from The King in Yellow.
http://www.sff.net/people/doylemacdonald/l_kiy.htm
>>
>>15185020
most of that guys art is like that, the monsters are really more metaphors for anxiety and worries and other mental issues, which is why the kids are more annoyed than fearful.
which makes autistic monster captions so fun.
>>
File: 1403133283812.jpg (314KB, 898x900px) Image search: [Google]
1403133283812.jpg
314KB, 898x900px
>>
Also David Wongs John Dies at the End and This Book is Full of Spiders. Great horror/comedy.
>>
>>15184908

The first two books in the Southern Reach Trilogy (Annihilation and Authority) are fucking fantastic. The last book, Acceptance, was just released and while I found it to be a disappointment overall, it does continue the general feel of the first two books. Those first two are well worth it, regardless, and many seem to like the third one as well.
>>
>>15185055
So it is literally known that they're supposed to be metaphors for anxiety?
Artist confirmed it, or that's just the common thinking?
>>
>>15185034
Seriously? That's it?
No advice on any other books i could read that might work, or any way to get a little further into it on my own?
>>
>>15184908
>>15184920
Nice pics, very Edward Gorey-ish. Speaking of which, Edward Gorey's stuff is usually pretty creepy, albeit brief. Usually leaves a sense that something's going on the narrator doesn't want to tell you.
>>15185012
Not that Joe Hill! Although I'm pretty sure that's who he's named after. Here's the actual dude's most famous song, btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8qoB1XwtHM
>>
>>15184951
Leave it to Stephen King's son to carry on his legacy in horror.
>>
Let's see if I can leave this here.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/183091556/Amphigorey-Edward-Gorey-pdf
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.