[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Government Researchers Think We May Be Living in a 2D Hologram

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 19

File: 1403203812860.jpg (65KB, 337x480px) Image search: [Google]
1403203812860.jpg
65KB, 337x480px
Operating with cutting-edge technology out of a trailer in rural Illinois, government researchers started today on a set of experiments that they say will help them determine whether or not you and me and everything that exists are living in a two-dimensional holographic universe.

It sounds completely off-the-walls insane, but the incongruities between Albert Einstein's theory of relativity and some of Max Planck's discoveries about the nature of matter can only be explained if we're living in a Matrix-style holographic illusion, according to Craig Hogan, director of the Department of Energy's Fermilab Center for Particle Astrophysics.

"For thousands of years, we have assumed that space is made of points and lines," he told me. "Maybe that is not right—it might be made of waves, the way that matter and energy are."

Reality has a limited amount of information, like a netflix movie when comcast is not giving you enough bandwidth, so things are a little blurry and jittery.

http://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/read/why-government-researchers-think-we-may-be-living-in-a-2d-hologram

Full paper: http://www.scribd.com/doc/237809738/Hologram-World
>>
First mildly interesting thing on /x/ all day
>>
>>15131641
I try.
>>
Does dying wake us up?

Are we just reprogrammed?

At least I might soon know that BLOOD AND HONOR is a worthwhile choice.
>>
Good thread OP.

Damn, imagine if that is true. Everything we have ever achieved means nothing. It gives me a feeling of deep sadness but at the same time it brings me solace knowing that all the mistakes and sadness never mattered.

What do you guys think?

Do you guys think we could get out of it?
>I don't think we could honestly, assuming that we where created by the "machine" that made the hologram we could only exist inside our hologram universe.

Would you guys be happy if it was a hologram?

How do you think this will change the world if its proven right?

Do you guys think they would even tell us about it?
>I believe this will fade away until any findings and traces of them will be so hard to find that propaganda will take over spreading false truths and making the reality seem like nutjob material.
>>
>>15131617
>We May Be Living in a 2D Hologram

Okay, I'll accept that. Now tell me how we reprogram it.
>>
>>15131659
>Does dying wake us up?
>Are we just reprogrammed?
Doubt it.

>>15131678
>Everything we have ever achieved means nothing.
Not exactly. It's just another function of "reality" or the observable part, if this is the case.

>Do you guys think we could get out of it?
>I don't think we could honestly, assuming that we where created by the "machine" that made the hologram we could only exist inside our hologram universe.
Well, we could create some really nifty technology out of mastering the finer points of the theory, if we can, imagine if we could solve color confinement, or zero point energy? Harness the power of the quantum foam....make universes of our own.

>Would you guys be happy if it was a hologram?
>How do you think this will change the world if its proven right?
It really wouldn't change my day to day routine, at least until technology gets implemented - it would make me SERIOUSLY reconsider the basic assumptions of results from magickal practices.

>>15131705
^Boom.
>>
>>15131705
Now THIS. This I like.
>>
So...Michael Talbot might've been right all along?
>>
>>15131617
>vice

No thanks
>>
>>15131764
I wouldn't go quite that far yet.

But, maybe.

I mentioned color confinement, in my mind it's the best evidence against certain interpretations of the sub-Planck length multiple universes (the idea that every choice branches off to a new reality) but also deeply implies something along the lines of a 'projected' reality, or at least one with a fundamental resolution limit.

Anyway, have some Sheldrake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXpndnjHvqw

>>15131772
Oh, bitch harder.
>>
How long is it going to take for physicists to admit that the mystics had it right thousands of years ago?
>>
>2D hologram
What the fuck. Space is clearly tridimensional unless you are implying all there is to space is my vision framebuffer, but that would disregard everyone else's point of view.

Also, wasn't it already clear waves and particles were actually the same thing? I mean, I think Einstein implied it with his theory of relativity.
>>
>>15131791
Talbot was a pretty cool dude, it's a shame he died when he did. So, if we are living in a hologram-like universe, what are the implications? Talbot mentioned that it would make reality much more malleable than we currently believe it is. What does it say about consciousness and its place in the universe? Most importantly, what's generating the hologram?
>>
>>15131856
>Talbot mentioned that it would make reality much more malleable than we currently believe it is.
That's certainly an implication.

>What does it say about consciousness and its place in the universe?
Define 'consciousness'. Uh, I hate to admit it, but the idea of a field of consciousness that we simply tune into may actually be a viable concept under this worldview.

>what's generating the hologram?
That's the 64,000$ question.
>>
>>15131705
Here. Do this. This thing right here.
>>
>>15131856
>Most importantly, what's generating the hologram?

And then you realize we're living in a digital Australia, we're either the products of relations between criminals or are originally guilty of heinous crimes ourselves, with amnesia forced upon us in the hopes that living a new life will rehabilitate us and prepare us for reintegration into civilian life.
>>
Thats the most retarded thread I had the chance to ever read on /x/, thank you guys
>>
>>15131865

When I figure out how, I will.

You'll know when I figure it out.
>>
>>15131840
>Also, wasn't it already clear waves and particles were actually the same thing? I mean, I think Einstein implied it with his theory of relativity.
Yes, but the implication is that the substrate (quantum foam; Krauss' 'nothing') is a probabilistic wave function that can be comprehended at a lowest scale of resolution. There's already indirect evidence of this substrate, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_confinement
>>
>>15131885
If I am understanding it correctly, when you feed energy into a quark pair, it divides itself like it was a cell and generates a new pair.

That's fucking fascinating, yo. We already discovered how to transform matter into energy and it seems we could find a way to reverse the process relatively soon.
>>
>>15131863
>Uh, I hate to admit it, but the idea of a field of consciousness that we simply tune into may actually be a viable concept under this worldview

Sort of like the "brain as a transceiver" model some people throw around?
>>
>>15131930
>>15131920
Yup.
>>
>>15131840
There's all sorts of odd little warpages in time with movement in space. Our scientists think what they believe may be the edge of space is expanding at an accelerating rate. When we think 3d on paper, we bring the illusion of finite measurement - your bedroom is a 12'x10'x10.5' cube. All good.

Where mathematics and the concept of space (and outer exosphere) become utterly fucknuts fascinating is when you factor in time, in the form of movement and gravitational pull. Check out some info on plotting courses and the variables involved, eccentricity & decay of orbit, etc.

As far as waves and particles, check out the double-slit experiment. Here's a neat little cartoon that demonstrates it nicely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwXQjRBLwsQ

And mainly what it demonstrates is the universe of quantum mechanics weirder shit than we've ever imagined.
>>
>>15131953
I wonder what implications a holographic universe would have on the hermetic idea that "all is mental"
Perhaps the hologram exists as a manifestation of mind
>>
>>15131963
>hermetic idea that "all is mental"
That's 'new thought', and I think it would further validate a physical basis in these things rather than psychological.

A friend made a supposition in IRC one day, I was recounting a certain operation, and he suggested that reality is rather like a videogame simulation: Do x amount of yoga - achievement unlocked, new trance state available. Recite x words, tones, and gestures - achievement unlocked, new cutscene with a spiritual entity.

I never really gave that model the time of day until it was explained like that, especially the cutscene bit...
>>
>>15131974
When you say "these things" what do you mean? paranormal experiences?
>>
demiurgos
>>
>>15131868

and Lucifer the king of sin outdid himself again!
>>
TL;DR:
Aliens are watching you masturbate.
>>
>>15131974

or, video games are just like life, that's whats SO FUN about vidya!

>YFW every God worth his salt knows how to vidya
>>
A new study shows, Frater K is pretty stupid.
>>
>>15131655
>trip is thoth
>>
the universe is an object oriented programming environment

when we're born it's like initializing a new variable of the human class

dying is garbage collection

then if ur lucky you get reinitialized as a better human afterwards
>>
>>15132076

In death you can spawn in any body at any time and play it out at any level of confusion from there.
>>
>>15132076
It's fun to think about the universe and other things using programming concepts, to be honest.

For example, you could think about Plato's World of Idea hypothesis as the precursor to the idea of object oriented programming, and Parmenides' Static Universe as the state machine.
>>
Good thread, bump/
>>
>People asking what makes the hologram

That's not what being a hologram implies dummies. There doesn't need to be an operator. All it would imply is that the universe is made of a single tiny units of information that make up the rest of the unvierse
>>
>>15134170
Agreed, we don't need an 'operator', and the implication has always been a lowest scale of resolution.

And the 'problem' isn't so much that there IS a lowest scale, it's that it's fuzzy, in a way - which has multiple implications, but for a real solid answer we're going to need particle accelerators the circumference of the solar system, and hopefully these experiments will circumvent that need.
>>
File: jupiter2.png (572KB, 854x609px) Image search: [Google]
jupiter2.png
572KB, 854x609px
pppfffftttt
>>
File: 1390885780278.gif (1MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1390885780278.gif
1MB, 235x240px
>yfw you realize life is a video game
>yfw realize God is the mod
>yfw realize the Bible, Qur'an, Bhagivadgita and other scriptures are strategy guides
>yfw magic spells are game hacks
>yfw wars are team deathmatch games
>>
Whoever made this shit, just created the biggest turd of a game, all graphics and shit gameplay.
>>
File: dmtwhat.jpg (292KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dmtwhat.jpg
292KB, 1920x1080px
Where do psychedelics fit into this?
>>
File: 6399660_orig.jpg (11KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
6399660_orig.jpg
11KB, 469x469px
>>15131876
>>15131865
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioiYwpsL44M
>>
>>15134210
>Qur'an
Koran
>>
>>15134248
DMT and other psys allow you to pop out of the simulation into the realm of the Simulators gods, who happen to be 4d hyperbeings.

>>15134254
And yes, chaos magick is reality hacking.
>>
>>15134254

Interesting. I would like to know more.

On that note, looking at the sticky, Practical Sigil Magic - Frater U.D. The download is a dead link. As I'm sure most are.
>>
File: 1024px-Varunadeva[1].jpg (217KB, 1024x746px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Varunadeva[1].jpg
217KB, 1024x746px
>>15134254
>magick
>implying this isn't just a closed path integral of double-slit in complex
>gematria 6399660
please
my heart
it can't
>>
Bump

"1. Reality is a simulation.

>NASA Physicist Thomas Campbell, "Reality is virtual"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H13_3AjFxRw [Embed]

>"Holographic Universe - The Secret Beyond Matter"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDnakYnA7VA [Embed]

This has been understood far longer than you may think.

>Plato, "The Allegory of the Cave"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-LyvBsGSXA [Embed]

Ancient wisdom consistently teaches us this universe is a prison.

It is only in recent history that we have been conditioned to think of it as a pleasant place and attribute our sufferings to personal deficiency. This is a trick to get you back on the hamster wheel of need and desire rather than seek spiritual release!
"
>>
>>15134702
Not to mention theres lower dimensional beings
>>
File: space_tunnel2001[1].jpg (40KB, 410x206px) Image search: [Google]
space_tunnel2001[1].jpg
40KB, 410x206px
>>15134702
>4dimensional hyperbeings
you are correct
my name is
1ED00919B420D4
i am very glad that you have deduced this at
2014/08/27:12:20:55
>>
>>15135590
I will be born
suzuoki daiki-sama

captcha: mrimar paschal
>>
>>15131617
I can sound crazy to most of you, and I am not trying to be some "omg it's happening" guy. It just i occured few times a strange view out of frame. I mean like we minimize the movie we are watching, this happened just with my own eyes. Some things are acting weird, like the whole world feels im feeling weird and tries to correct everything. Sounds crazy.
>>
File: arcturian - Copy.png (2MB, 1380x1861px) Image search: [Google]
arcturian - Copy.png
2MB, 1380x1861px
>>15135695
>>
File: arcturian.png (2MB, 1380x1861px) Image search: [Google]
arcturian.png
2MB, 1380x1861px
>>15135716
>>
File: eyes2.png (3MB, 1200x2333px) Image search: [Google]
eyes2.png
3MB, 1200x2333px
>>15135695
captcha: asked mmorrec
>>
>>15135695
http://galacticroundtable.net/2013/07/tearing-down-the-old-construct-a-message-from-lord-sananda-through-elizabeth-trutwin-july-11-2013/
>>
>>15135265

>gematria 6399660

What is this?
>>
>>15137918
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gematria
>>
File: 1350440455426.jpg (38KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
1350440455426.jpg
38KB, 300x277px
>>15134210
The meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs was a server restart
>>
>>15131827
>>15134210
Basically this.
Hermes had it right, the Greeks had it right, Jesus had it right, and on and on.
Reality is the projection, and the projector is us. We are all God, experiencing it as individual fragments and co-creating reality.
Anyone feel like there's a paradigm shift coming in hot?
>>
>>15134702
Is it fair to assume that the realm of psychedelic experience is more or less the same realm as dreams and the afterlife/heaven?
>>
>>15131865
Oh shit. I just finished The Invisibles today and still don't know what to think.
>>
File: 01500.jpg (97KB, 400x529px) Image search: [Google]
01500.jpg
97KB, 400x529px
http://phys.org/news/2014-08-picturing-schrodinger-cat-quantum-physics.html

Very relevent
>>
>>15137950
>We are all God, experiencing it as individual fragments and co-creating reality.

There are quite a bit of people who want magitech, furries, or at least catgirls running around. Most people would enjoy shapeshifting, even if it's only an opposite-gender form of themselves to sate passing curiosity. Nobody really wants to go hungry, sick, or be uncomfortable in any way.

In other words, if what you say is true then holy fuck we are collectively terrible at co-creating things.
>>
>>15140092
You know why? We've been convinced we're all helpless "poor little me"s being shoved around by the forces of the world. The TV says it, the government says it, the news says it, our economic systems require it. The world is by and large materialistic, and the current paradigm is to assume that "you" are nothing more than a body and the chemicals and electricity in your brain. So, yes, if we're all God co-creating reality, and we're all made to believe we're not God co-creating reality, then reality will continue on as the uncontrolled mess that we will it to be. Those who see beyond the veil attain the power, because they know that all they need to do is assume power is theirs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_jRUKfVn38
>>
>>15135129
Chaosmatrix.org
>>
>>15134205
fuck off you mindless retard
>>
I've been writing up a personal essay to keep my "findings" in order, and I'd like to hear some thoughts on this idea:

"I am" (the core witness to perceptions) > "I think" (the realm of the mind; perception itself; observation of reality) > "There is" (the determination of reality)
=
The Father > The Son > The Holy Spirit
>>
File: 1408630040258.jpg (43KB, 285x400px) Image search: [Google]
1408630040258.jpg
43KB, 285x400px
>>15131705
Agreed lets reprogram the os of the hologram of our reality.
>>
>>15134232
>and shit gameplay
I'm sorry you haven't have sex
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAP_wBCCaws&list=PLAFC55704994A07D5&index=3
>>
>>15131876
Give me a bigger dick. Not comically enormous but like 5 inches or something I can see without a series of mirrors.
>>
File: Menoa_tree.jpg (258KB, 1100x575px) Image search: [Google]
Menoa_tree.jpg
258KB, 1100x575px
>>15140150
Somebody finally understands. The world hasn't been met with anything that hasn't truly shaken the status quo in many, many years.

Look into the annals of history. Look at the people of the past, their mythology, their heroes, and the everyday magic that perforates their lives, and then contrast it to now. Humanity has been slumbering for a long time, but at some point in everybody's lives, they look up at the stars and wonder, they feel as if something is missing. They fill it with some spirituality or another, some even manage to convince themselves its the truth. Others fill it with material goods.

The paradigm will shift eventually, when one too many people hunger for more. It will be chaos at first, people involved in the new world will be hated by people who cling to the old one, unable to separate themselves from the idea we are naught but subservient bags of flesh who's only purpose is to die.

The world will never be ready for any form of major change. But man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.
>>
>>15132027
Or maybe WE'RE watching programmed copies of ourselves jack it.
>>
>>15131617
old news...
>>
>>15131617
Cause we still think drawing dumb shit like that represents the further development into dimensions we represent.
>>
>>15131772
youtube this guy, Dero7. watch his movies. aka you learn to reporgram your reality.
>>
Also vice.com?
Fuck off with this bullshit
>>
Supercomputers running simulations of the universe have determined that the universe is a simulation.
>>
>>15143574
Do you morons not see the full linked study?
>>
>>15143689
Yeah THROUGH VICE .wake up Jagon
>>
>>15131617
>cutting-edge technology
>out of a trailer
Top kek
>>
>>15131617
Coolest part of this article is that I was using some of the same information in my theories months ago on Quantum Consciousness.

I came to the same conclusion, that space and matter are the same energy type.

Also came to the conclusion that time is only a representation of quantum entanglements as they're occurring.

Been using the idea of space and people and matter as "Programs of Consciousness" for ages.

I gotta write more to the Reality Matrix. My really cool realities are making this interesting.
>>
Even if it turns out to be a hologram you fucknuggets realize it could just be the structure of nature and not some matrix style computer right?
>>
>>15144510
Yea, I think some people take the computer analogy a bit too seriously
>>
File: Fractal3.jpg (352KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Fractal3.jpg
352KB, 1600x1200px
derp

google around for mandlebrot, with his fractals he can simulate any environment and landscape, be it clouds, rivers or blood vascular systems.

and yes fractals are also the shit you see when tripping on shrooms like pic related

https://www.ted.com/talks/benoit_mandelbrot_fractals_the_art_of_roughness
>>
>Reality has a limited amount of information, like a netflix movie when comcast is not giving you enough bandwidth, so things are a little blurry and jittery.

If you're trying to stream a video without enough bandwidth it doesn't go blurry and jittery you spaz, it just keeps pausing itself to buffer while the information is coming in.
>>
>>15144552

Y- you mean reality doesn't do that for you?
>>
>>15131617
>Why Government Researchers Think We May Be Living in a 2D Hologram
>Why Government Researchers
>Government

Oh that's a shame. It sounded quite interesting.
>>
>>15132026
Creating a cross so heavy that no one can bear it. And two? Two is just a delusion.
>>
>>15144587
>Everything the government says is a lie
Holy shit, doubting the government is healthy but outright dismissing everything they say is just being idiotic.
>>
>>15134613
>Koran
??????
>>
bump
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.