[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know what's going on at YS? Any leak pictures, videos,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 12

Anyone know what's going on at YS?
Any leak pictures, videos, information with credible source?
If I lived near there I'd take a quadcopter with a go pro on it and record...
>>
looks like a pimple lolz XD
>>
>>14875279
A pimple that will wipe out a huge part of the states
>>
>>14875285
good
>>
meh.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2687839/Hot-spot-Yellowstone-road-melts-sites-closed.html
>>
>>14875333
And Canada. Then subsequently, Europe through indirect means.
>>
>>14875350
this is old shit, it's all over the media, i'm talking about leaked info or unknown material
>>
Imagine there's a hell and that is a gate made by the damned as they got whipped to a corner on purpose and now they are pushing to get away. Interesting times ahead to be sure.
>>
I'm in costa rica, will I be safe?
>>
>>14875481

In a word, no. The explosion will kick up lots of dust. Even if the earth gets covered only partially, the power vacuum, cultural shift and reduced food worldwide will either kill the rest of us or a distopia where we'll live miserable will be established.
>>
>>14875494
Get over your fairytail shit anon; if veseuveus didn't end the world, this won't
>>
>>14875519
I don't think you quite understand the magnitude of the size difference between these two volcanoes...
>>
>>14875519

Pompeii was just a city. Not a nation of great importance in an age of geopoliticsand cultural/economic domination. Plus what the other anon said. We're talking about a much larger pimpel.
>>
Looking for new steam vents first... looking for lava vents.... strombolian activity, it's hard to say for sure but we should have a 48 hour window from harmonic tremors to actual ash eruption.
Regarding the steam vent.... probably has already happened. A lava vent? I would say by August 30th and Early Sept... if we are going there... I don't see explosive event like Mt. St. Helens even... Up on Mirror Plateau there is less water though, not a basin per se, a huge Rhyolite flow.... Rhyolite can fracture suddenly as it is brittle. If mirror lake has harmonic tremors I would freak out.... however we are seeing geyser basin activity and that has such a huge hydrothermal coverage I would think the geyser vents would stop making steam and start producing ash clouds if this think springs a leak. Compare Italy's super volcano.... they have new lava vents and steam vents.... it didn't blow up.... Long Valley has strong central uplift.... quake clusters there are a little more shallow.... that bears watching and its structure should not be compared to Italy or Yellowstone.
>>
Last i heard roads were melting recently as a new magma pocket appeared.
>>
bump for interest
>>
File: yellowstone.jpg (28KB, 460x299px)
yellowstone.jpg
28KB, 460x299px
>>14875519
your pants status: shitted
>>
File: 80904-Well-Shit.jpg (99KB, 570x638px)
80904-Well-Shit.jpg
99KB, 570x638px
>tfw i just moved to the kill zone last week
>>
>>14876212
kek
Not sure if this is all coincidences, but shitton of crap is going down this year. inb4 all conspiracy theorist fags were right
>>
>>14875333
>good
seriously fuck you.
>>
Wait, there's new shit going on with the caldera?

Like, bad shit or what? I'm going to be out there in like a month.
>>
>>14875333
There's been some discussion on /x/ as exactly what "edgy" is. This is a good example, when someone says something stupid, hateful, and intentionally evocative not because it's a serious or sensible sentiment, but primarily just to garner attention.

This comment is "edgy" in the pejorative sense. Warning this nutsack not to cut himself, or similar, would make sense in this context.
>>
>>14876222
If they're ever right about anything it will just be a coincidence, because their mouth orgasms aren't linked to things that are actually real & verifiable...
>>
>>14875375

>old shit
>posted one day ago

Don't try to rush destiny, anon. Also, 2edgy5me.
>>
>>14876245
Bad shit? And lava shit, too!
>>
Inb4 everyone survives and becomes lava people and take over the world with our lava powers and we'll be the dominant species and have intense lava sex
>>
File: 1325777460423.jpg (141KB, 502x494px)
1325777460423.jpg
141KB, 502x494px
>>14876317
>intense lava sex
>mfw
>>
>>14875568
>USA
>cultural/economic dominance
kek'd hard
>>
any new news?
>>
>>14875473
My friend's 4 year old keeps talking about how there are "bad men" underground and that they are using a "Lava Hurricane" to dig to the surface.
>>
I MADE THIS THREAD AS PART OF MY SUMMER EVIL PLAN
>>
>>14876212
Even if you lived in New York you would still have to contend with the subsequent starvation that would follow all that crop land being wiped out.
>>
>>14877773
>Implying you started the thread
>>
>>14876191
Not really. With suitable preparation, us folks with suitable jobs, money and shelter in Chicago and points east will be fine.
>>
>>14877901
You're ignoring the global climate change
>>
File: magmavolume.jpg (99KB, 788x622px)
magmavolume.jpg
99KB, 788x622px
>>14877901
Remember how that Icelandic volcano grounded airlines for a week?
That was a stratovolcano like Mt. Saint Helens.

They have measurements for the Yellowstone eruptions. No amount of suitable jobs, money or shelter is going to protect against the caldera going boom. Even prepping for it may not be enough to compensate.
>>
>>14878073
Going east isn't going to save you either.
>>
>>14878073
>>14878082
What about heading south? To a place like South America or anywhere south of the equator. Would your odds be better down there?
>>
>>14878108
Odds of surviving the fallout would probably be better.
>>
>>14878120
Still "safe" in costa rica :j
>>
>estimates of eruptions every 700,000 years
>we're at around 650,000
>shit guize we r ded
>>
>>14877901
A 3 centimeter layer of volcanic ash is enough to collapse your house.

Not saying everyone will die, just that all of your shit will be rek'd and most of you will die.
>>
>>14878260
Interesting. I'm not familiar with that so I looked it up, and apparently volcanic ash IS considerably more dense than even wet packed snow.
>>
>>14878289
Well, yeah.

It's essentially a blanket of rock.
>>
>>14878302
Ash is actually very small broken glass, so imagine breathing that in for a few days - months - years, depending how bad it is. So literally all animals would be dying, unless they're maintained in a air purified environment or some shit, the which would take to much effort
>>
>>14877785
New York farms, brah.
>>
Friendly Yellowstone Supervolcano info.
>>
>>14879760
Just wait for "them" on their usual crop circle making rounds ask "them" for a ride outta the solar system. I'm sure "they" will let you hop in if you give "them" some ass....to probe.
>>
>>14879794

The galactoids are coming!
>>
>>14876249

Yo Xeno, not the guy you were arguing with, but I have a piece to speak. People don't give a fuck about others. It's a way to cope with grief. If every person felt pain for the tragedies that befall others, we'd kill ourselves.
Irl, whenever we see a flood with dead and missing people on the tv, we just shrug and carry on. But if it happened to us or we empathised to that degree...
Now about America, after WWII american external policy has been detrimental to many nations. The american people had nothing to do with it but they don't care either. People outside the US regard the citizens and the state as one and the same. And so the stage is set for anti-american hate.
When the Twins got hit, humans around the earth gave the wold's biggest shrug. However, it was a big event for america. To the people outside the US the thunder that followed was disproportionately huge to the event, and the consiquences were great and affected all nations, even the distant neutral ones. That added further to the hate.
So no, the other guy isn't edgy. You both just can't relate to eachother.
>>
They'll destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all destroy us all
>>
>>14876191
and nothing of value was lost
>>
any new news?
>>
>>14875519
For comparison, if Vesuvius was a hand grenade, Yellowstone would be a hydrogen bomb.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkuC7MfhupQ
>>
I heard that animals were seen fleeing the park recently.
>>
>>14878260
did everyone die in the st helens fallout area? no so why would it be any different for yellowstone?
>>
>>14880494
source?
>>
>>14879725
That's the scariest thing I've ever read on x
>>
>>14880509

this counts for st helens
>>14880454
>>
>>14880509
How long did the st. helens fallout stay in the sky?
>>
>>14880514
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_ash
>>
>>14880516
i understand people in the fallout zone would die. i dont believe people on the east coast would suffer too badly though.
>>
>>14880514
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_ash#Impacts better explanation of what it does
>>
>>14875285
It would actually wipe out the entire states and run the risk of ending all human life on earth
>>
>>14880523
That massive explosive would case insane climate changes, global. We're talking about an eruption that has caused ice ages in the past.
This eruption would be huge, comparable to the big ice age triggers.
>>
/x/ please. Listen to these words. Just once, sit your ego-tripping "i'm right" mindset down for half a second and consider what these conspiracy theorists have to say.

Organic farming is the key.

The source of our planet's food is under threat. Ten agro-chemical firms own 73% of the commercial seed market, and as many as 93% of seed varieties have gone extinct. In the US alone 85% of apple varieties have disappeared.

Monsanto and co. are privatising the genesis of nature. And this corporate takeover is decimating sustainable farming, destroying the diversity of our crops, and making them vulnerable to diseases that could threaten our food security.

But farmers are resisting, saving seeds in banks and barns across the world. Now they have devised a revolutionary project -- the first ever, non-profit "eBay" of seed where any farmer, anywhere can source a wide variety of plants cheaper than the genetically modified seeds from chemical companies. This global online store could re-flood the market with all kinds of seeds and slowly break the monopoly that is putting our food future at risk!

>farmer in the captcha
>>
>>14880523
And also, most of the areas that would "die" are biggest contributors in food and agro export to the rest of the country. The whole country would go in panic due to food shortage, people would go apeshit for resources not knowing what's going to happen in the first months.
You're underestimating this anon
>>
>>14880533
Oh of course, trust me. I've always mocked those conspiracy theorist with their retarded shit. But this is the first time I've seen something with hard facts like this.
We are in real danger.
(I'm OP and been doing most of the hard fact posting in the thread)
I mean for fuck sakes, there's melting roads, huge seismic activity is popping up, animals fleeing the area. It might not happen now, but that volcano is waking up, and it's getting up on the wrong foot
>>
>>14880553
Even the live feed webcams in the area are being looped with old footage, they do not want us to see what's going on in there
>>
This shit would put the world on chaos.
If you genuinely think "oh this doesn't affect me" you are ignorant at best.
>>
How plausible would it be for us to use some automated digging equipment to release some of the pressure before it gets to cataclysmic world-ending levels?
>>
>>14880583
... You mean possibly triggering an explosion because of a retarded idea like that?
>>
>>14880588
Sure, but a smaller one.

Killing less people.
>>
>>14880583
At this point, or so I recall reading, it's too late for that. If we dug enough to alleviate the pressure faster than it was building up (assuming we had that kind of tech), we'd just trigger a full-strength explosion.
>>
>>14880595
That'd be retarded, there's no way you could assure what could happen.
And also, there's no need to take that risk, we don't even know if it's actually going to blow. it could only be in preparation time, but it could still be days, weeks, months or even several thousand years until it actually blows.
>>
Can it affect earth's orbit or/and axis?
>>
>>14880618
No idea, probably not
>>
>>14880618
Bad earthquakes pause the orbit of the earth by a few seconds, so the same would probably happen for the supervolcano eruption.
>>
>>14880583
none at all, we cant dig that deep and big with it avalible means.

regards, petroengineer student
>>
>>14880553
IIRC, the animals 'fleeing' were actually traveling back into the park during annual migration.
The seismic activity and changing hotspots are legit, park officials may be toning the severity of it down but they have remarked that it is outside what they normally expect.

Also
>ITT: People severely underestimate how terrible this event can be
>ITT: People forget that ash will be carried globally, altering weather patterns and blocking out the sun
>ITT: People ignoring that blanketing the Great Plains in life killing material will destroy the nation's food supply and stored food won't last forever
If the caldera goes, everyone is fucked. Being in New York won't save you, being on the East coast means jack shit.
Traveling South or across the Atlantic is unlikely, unless you're in a border state or can cram onto a boat. If you're going South, you'll be among masses of refugees going into already impoverished areas where you'll likely die in a matter of years due to illness, crime, or starvation.
>>
>>14880687
I wonder how long it will take for us costaricans to notice it.
I see some of the middleeastern countries taking this to an advantage while the USA is weak and take over. So many things could happen with this catastrophic event. I might be buying snow gear online just as a precaution.
>>
this is the wrath of god against the white occidental demon.
fuck america, the land of sin.
>>
any ETA's anons?
(complete personal guesses)
>>
>>14880727
Simpleminded people like you are so cute.
>>
File: This week's TIME.jpg (2MB, 2363x3150px)
This week's TIME.jpg
2MB, 2363x3150px
>>14880794
Late Autumn or early Winter
>>
>>14880810
We say the same about you
>>
I can't wait to see all the religious fucks going apeshit with their open ended prophecies that can basically fit into any world event. Fucking hell...
>>
>>14880794
Ranged from less than 5 years to more than 10.000 years. Can be happened faster if a large scale war break loose and some nuclear warhead hit YS. I hope Best Korea believe this shit.
>>
>>14876249
you suck in every thread you're in
>>
>>14875333
>>14876617

Keep your unfounded US hate in /pol/
>>
>>14883170
you smell great
>>
>>14876191
>the surprise when oregon is unaffected...
>>
>>14880712
>I see some of the middleeastern countries taking this to an advantage while the USA is weak and take over.
The US still has a lot of SLBMs and aircraft carriers, and would probably not hesitate to wave them round a bit more until it recovered.
>>
>>14883979
>tfw wooooo
>>
>>14875274

pls pls pls
>>
>>14880727
There's at least one supervolcano on every continent, so it isn't merely "tha wyt mayn's" problem.
>>
File: 1404797586272.jpg (28KB, 424x609px) Image search: [Google]
1404797586272.jpg
28KB, 424x609px
>>14883380

>US hate
>unfounded

pick one
>>
>>14875274
Wasn't this classified as a super volcano, like the one at Lake Toba that changed the climate like 70,000 years ago and killed almost all people living at the time?

Toba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Toba

Super Volcano
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supervolcano
>>
>>14875494
the east coast of the USA will be ok....mostly. Months of limited sunlight and ash that will turn solid when it gets rained on will make life miserable but we will be ok. Life will change drastically. All the liberal trash on the west coast will have it the worst....good riddance though.
>>
>>14877773
Get a load of this summerfag.
>>
>>14877773
Piss off you're not relevant anymore.
>>
>>14880533
Masonspls pls go.
>>
>>14885135
> killed almost all people living at the time
>This hypothesis is not widely accepted because evidence is lacking for a decline or extinction of other animals, including species that are sensitive to changes in the environment
>>
>>14885250
>>14885135
It;s always funny when retards post a source that actually disproves what they are claiming.
>>
>>14885161
Are you absolutely fucking retarded?
You're either trolling or delusionally thick.
2/10 for making me reply if troll
>>
There's a lot to read here, so if it's been mentioned, I haven't seen it, yet.

When is this eruption estimated to occur? Years? Centuries? Longer?
>>
>>14886639
Nothing short of lava overflowing is going to kill the Human species.
>>
>>14876285
>Don't try to rush destiny

Wisdom, shits gonna go down when it's gonna go down.
>>
>>14876191
dude...why is tennessee and south carolina melded into one state?
>>
>>14886829
slaves
>>
>>14877764

Whoa. That's the creepiest think I've read on /x/ in years.
>>
>>14886829
You mean North Carolina
>>
>>14886978
I stand corrected, thanks anon, it was just a quick glimpse for me so i wasn't paying the much attention, my apologies
>>
>2014
>not a minsanthrope
>not praying for this kind of thing
>>
>>14875473
Siri says the Gates of Hades open on July 27th...
>>
>>14879892

>People don't give a fuck about others.
>Irl, whenever we see a flood with dead and missing people on the tv, we just shrug and carry on.

Stop projecting your shortfalls on others. Most people have some sort of empathy in those situations. Healthy, well-adjusted people are able to care about other people and feel bad about tragedies without it ruining their lives.
>>
Yellowstone National Park geologist Dr. Hank Hessler noted, "We do not know if there will ever be another catastrophic eruption in Yellowstone's future. Do we see earthquake swarms in Yellowstone? Definitely. Do we see ground deformation? Yes. Do the geothermal systems change? Yes. But they're not all in the same area, they're just occurring somewhat randomly around the park, and not with the intensity associated with a potential eruption building."
>>
>>14886766
Could happen this year, could happen in 2174. No one really knows.

>>14886784
I don't think anyone has said it'll wipe out all of humanity, but the US, parts of Canada and Mexico will take the brunt of the damage, likely killing thousands Pompeii style and millions through the aftermath.

>>14887044
Isn't that a Ramadan related thing though?
>>
>>14887448
end of ramadan month, eve of ramadan celebrations
>>
>>14887469
So they're gonna party like Hell has broken loose?
>>
>>14880687
>Being in New York won't save you, being on the East coast means jack shit.
I believe, the Rocky and Cascade mountains, and in my case, Olympics too (Northwest Washington represent), will protect to west coast more than the east's Appalachians. I don't actually know anything, but ehh, there's an idea.
>>
So the hiker warnings, they seem to be saying that you could walk over a spot and just sink into ridiculously hot water/gravel/dirt mix.

So, has this ever happened before? Did someone boil their legs off accidentally walking onto a hotspot?
>>
Ladies and gentlemen, only 4740 more days.
>>
>>14879892
Was your dad a dodechahedron? Because you are edgy as fuck.
>>
>>14880687
>ITT: People ignoring that blanketing the Great Plains in life killing material will destroy the nation's food supply and stored food won't last forever

That's why you stock "hybrid" seeds with you so after the disaster you can come back to the surface world and restart all over again.
>>
Im Working in Yellowstone. Nothing is happening. The road that melted is in an area surrounded by thermal features so it really isn't surprising. No major earthquakes or anything so no reason to freak out
>>
COuld terrorist use an atomic bomb to set it off?
>>
>>14889867
Disinfo detected!
FUCK OFF YOU SHILL!!!! FUCKING SHEEP CUNT FUCKER!!!!!!! WE KNOW THE TRUTH!!
>>
>>14889889
No. They'd need the help of Allah for that...
>>
>>14889867
Honestly, I don't know what you expected.
>>14889903
>>
>>14889867

I do not work "in" Yellowstone. However, I am deeply involved in geographic surveying and monitoring, and this is, indeed, misinformation.

Stick your head between your legs, because your govt doesn't love you enough to "warn" you because they don't want to create widespread panic.
>>
>>14890012
http://www.seis.utah.edu/req2webdir/recenteqs/Maps/Yellowstone.html

Yeah... So much dangerous activity. Care to tell me what is so threatening?
>>
>>14890056
Do you only get paid if you convince someone of your lies?

TAKE YOUR DISINFO AND LEAVE!! WE WILL NOT BE FOOLED!

You think you can just fucking waltz in here like DING DING DING! ITS FEEDING TIME! LET ALL THE SHEEP LINE UP!!!!?
FUCK YOU! WE ARE NOT SHEEP WHO WILL STAND IN LINE AND SWALLOW YOUR LIES!
>>
>>14890132
Yup. I'm sure the university of Utah is editing their feeds in coordination with the feds to make sure that nobody knows that Yellowstone is about to blow.

Believing anything else is obviously just being naive.
>>
>>14889744
There are no edges here, just a well rounded arguement...
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.