[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i host a web page

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Windows-95-plug-and-pray.jpg (83KB, 1277x720px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-95-plug-and-pray.jpg
83KB, 1277x720px
I want to create a web page where 5-6 pics will be shown in random order and user can control how fast images swap. I kinda know how to code this but I have no idea how to or where to host it

I certainly don't want to host it from my pc and keep it on all the time.
So what choices do i have?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>53083
If you don't want to host it on your own computer, you need to either get a free webhosting service or a paid one.
Paid ones are GoDaddy and HostGator, both pretty famous, but expensive if you just want to host a silly test website.
000webhost is free, i've used it before myself. It lets you use basic stuff like PHP, MySql, etc nothing too fancy, but it's perfect for messing around.
However, if you copy the source code of other websites and use it as your own website, 000webhost WILL give you a warning once they notice (happened for me after 1 or 2 days) that they may shutdown your account or something.

TL;DR use 000webhost.
>>
Buy a Raspberry Pi or other small computer and use it as a server at home.
>>
>>53083
Also, I forgot:
if you're new to webdesign, you may not know that you can actually write a html file and then just open it in your own browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, whatever you use), and it will display the page without you having to host it on a server.
Of course, only YOU can see the webpage. But the point is that you would try and see if the webpage works prior to hosting it.
>>
If the whole project including images is no greater than 100 megabytes, you can host it in pomf.is
Or maybe you can break up your project into parts that you'll individually upload there.
Oh, by the way, pomf is meant to be a file hosting service, not a true web host. You'll be limited to using client-side javascript, I think.
>>
You can host the site on your own PC using WAMP, but the site will be inaccessible when your PC is off.
Also, to host a site publicly so other people can access it over the internet, you'll need to buy a domain name from a registrar service.
>>
>>53083
May I also recommend google's appengine:
https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs

It's great for freely hosting small projects and, unlike other hosts, you can use something better than php.

Also, if you're into python, python anywhere is another great option:
https://www.pythonanywhere.com/

It's more of a full VPS, but you can easily set it up to host a small web application.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.