[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone help me out with this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Help me out.png (15KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Help me out.png
15KB, 800x600px
Can't figure it out for some reason....
>>
>>33245
It isn't isoscles.
>>
>>33246
It is, sure of it. I think u need to take a point in the middle of AB and use that and probably also use Thales. I get somewhere but can finish it....
>>
>>33247
Can't*
>>
>>33246
Definitionaly, a triangle with two sides of identical length is isosceles.
>>
>>33245
Add the middle point M of the circle and segments MD and ME.

Now you see three isosceles triangles with bases opposites to M, namely
AMD with base angle say alpha
DME with base angle say delta
EMB with base angle say gamma

By adding the three angles at M we obtain
180° = (180° - 2alpha) + (180° - 2delta) + (180° - 2 gamma)
which implies alpha + delta + gamma = 180°

The triangle ABC is also isosceles which implies alpha + 2gamma = 180°, therefore delta = gamma.

Now look at D:

180° = alpha + delta + angle EDC which implies that the angle EDC is also gamma, just like the angle DCE = angle ACB.
>>
>>33267
*add also segment DE
>>
>>33267
what level of mathematics is this? Calculus 4?
>>
>>33281
You only need that the sum of the angles of a triangle is 180°, that the straight angle is 180°, and that an isosceles triangle has two equal sides and two equal angles, so basic geometry.

The problem can probably be solved differently.
>>
>>33281
are you kidding? this is highschool geometry
>>
>>33281
>>33290
OP here, this indeed is highschool material. And thanks for helping me out man, greatly appreciate it!
>>
>>33289
this guy has it
>>33267
this works, but you can make this even easier after step one by showing that segment ME is parallel to segment AC. This can be shown by using a couple of thales laws and that 180° makes a straight line. its pretty trivial at that point to show that ACB = CDE and therefore triangle DCE is isoscles
>>
>>33296
Aha that one is simpler yeah, so by just saying that the angles are the same you are also able to say that DCE is, just like ACB, isoscles right?
>>
>>33324
yeah, because isosceles can be defined by either two sides of the same length, or two base angles that are the same.
>>
>>33324
even moreso, through this method you are actually showing that angles ABC, ACB, CDE, ad ECD are all the same value. because of this they are similar triangles. this also proves that triangle DCE is isosceles.
>>
>>33332
amendment, triangles DCE and ABC are similar. sorry about that
>>
>>33335
Yea i figured :)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.