[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help! So, my computer has been like this since Monday.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (204KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204KB, 1600x900px
I need help!

So, my computer has been like this since Monday. It happens the same thing weeks ago but it stopped. How can I fix it? What's the matter? Thank you in advance!
>>
>>29321
The GPU is dead
>>
>>29322
What should i do?
>>
>>29325
Get a new GPU?
>>
>>29331
Yes but, how much it costs?
>>
>>29334
That depends on a lot. I recommend you look on sites like newegg and such.
>>
>>29334
However much you want.
There are ones for $50 and other for $5000
What are you doing on the pc?
>>
>>29334
Depends, can probably get an old one for 50 bucks
>>
>>29336
Thank you, i will.
>>29337
Nothing really, my stuff and school things. So should I send it to get fixed? Does it take long?
>>
>>29337
*saving my school stuff

I don't want to give to somebody because I know they will charge me far more.
>>
>>29341
Nah, you are better off just buying a new card.
Also check if you can use the integrated one in the meantime. i.e. plug the monitor into slot on motherboard, not the gpu.
>>
>>29343
Yes I'm buying a new one but I don't know how to install it or whatnot, hence the 'should I take it to somebody that knows'

Fuck I know ape shit about these things.
>>
>>29347
If you really want to...
But it is as simple as legos really. Check out some instruction videos, practice with the broken one... at the end of the day you can only learn from it and that's never a bad thing
>>
>>29349
I'll try, I'll see videos.
How to know which gpu is good for my computer?
>>
>>29351
if you say that you only do basic school stuff and no gaming, rendering and such I'd say that some sub $100 Radeon R5 340, or Nvidia GT 720 will do the job just fine.
If you feel like bumping the graphics preformance a good bit, look for Radeon R7 350 or 370
>>
>>29357
Thank You!
>>
You can repair your gpu if you have a heatgun around. Just remove everything you can and heat up the main chips and ram for 10-15 minutes.
>>
>>29432
Resoldering/baking is usually only recommended if the card is as good as dead anyways (Which it seems to be) and you want a last resort to fix it
>>
>>29750
The problem with his card only occurs when there is a cold solder joint. Usually the problem is under a vram chip.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.