[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (17KB, 370x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 370x398px
My mum asked me to design her a logo for her newly opening beauty salon and i stupidly agreed
Basically all i want is a little bit of criticism and ideas
and if your really nice (I hope you are) you can even add to what I've already come up with

Can somebody please fix up the Logo
>>
design-wise:
i like your approach with a simple clean recognisable design. i would almost say, there are too many details (eg the tiny lipstick) that are not immediately apparent on first glance (which would be optimum brand recognition).
the head is amazing - like, really really good!
the body... i don't know, the sholder are uneven and too broad/blocky, the breasts are too high and perky, the waist is horrendously small
the arms are kinds okay, left arm just hanging there in a straight line looks awkward, not sure the upper arms are the same width, the hand is kinda fat but the posture is okay i feel
the lipstick - i don't know. being the only thing that isn't a black silhouette is strange (as is the white line on the armpit). maybe you want to put focus on the lipstick, but you should consider the print implication. is white a second color? then i'm not sure white is the best you can do. is there no second color, only black foreground and background, i'm not sure a transparent lipstick will always look good (might end up with ugly colour, maybe on green background)

message-wise:
not sure a woman applying make-up to *herself* is the message you want for a beatuy salon.
what is your mom's business plan? what services is she going to offer? what is her target audience? you should put focus on something that she actually *does* and pander to her target audience while you're at it.
these days, there is a bit of a danger in using classic iconography like your design. unless your mother runs a retro salon for rich women who are into the 1950s - is this going to be a logo your average customer can identify herself with? i don't want to go full SJW on this design, but then again - those are potential customers and body image is a quickly turning into a hot topic (not only on the internet). i have no idea which women actually go into beauty salons and what their opinions are, i'm just advising caution for a logo your mom would use the next decades.
>>
File: 1451906828197.jpg (8KB, 286x196px) Image search: [Google]
1451906828197.jpg
8KB, 286x196px
Concentrate to the face area, crop the picture. remake the lipstick more clearly without implicating into dildo territory. Maybe add a hair dryer silhouette blowing from the bottom right?
>>
>>25437
Wow thank you for your detailed advise
It will help me a lot
The lipstick isn't going to be transparent
I was just ruffing it in
Planed on that being a little color pop
>>
Op here
The design is not entirely finished
I still plan of adding flowing hair
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.