[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the /v/s recommended games turned to shit by allowing faggot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 17

File: Wiki-wordmark.png (76KB, 250x63px) Image search: [Google]
Wiki-wordmark.png
76KB, 250x63px
So the /v/s recommended games turned to shit by allowing faggot mods who don't know what /v/ is run it. Rec some games to be added to a new wiki here
Keep it retro.
thevidya.site
Even though the site is based around /v/, I thought it would be good to get some recs from you guys.
>>
>>4134262
Thinking and discovering for yourself will always be better than following lists made by committee.

Don't be a fucking sheep.
>>
Racketboy already did the best rec lists, I don't see the point of another one
>>
>>4134278
It's hardware lists are a little outdated, and I'm hoping to make it a more general guide to everything vidya.
>>
>>4134318
That is cool, don't expect me to do all the hard work for you though.
>>
>>4134262
Skies of Acadia, both the dreamcast and GameCube versions
>>
>>4134262
I have a problem with this site, your list implies that both the PS2 and PSP versions of Persona 3 are the same game. I don't agree with that, the PS2 is clearly superior graphically, presentation and difficulty wise.
>>
>>4134336
That's why there is a "Preferred System" category.

>>4134328
I'm hoping to do some write ups on flashcarts and modchips later on.
>>
>>4134262

Im gonna make my own version of this... and it's going to be better, because I don't need to ask people about games.
>>
File: nice meme.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
nice meme.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>4134349
>artificial difficulty
>>
>>4134349
>the AI is fucking retarded.
Not really, you can issue them commands to prevent them from going marin fucking karin in the middle of a boss fight.
>>
>>4134364
link it my man
>>
>>4134364
That's /v/'s Recommended Games Wiki though.
>>
>>4134262
Are you guys accepting Romhacks or just games?
>>
>>4134382
Yeah but I'm going to have a vetting process... and an "official" wiki recommendation, then a user average which will result in a score (derived strictly from Yes/No) which will be pulled in by ranking.

I have grand plans.
>>
>>4134262
What you are doing already exists so fuck your probably ad infested shite.
>>
>>4134427
No ads, all costs are currently coming out of pocket.
>>
Hasn't the /v/ wiki been resented for a long time? I'm just wondering what this recent fuss is about. Having just glanced at it, it doesn't seem to have changed much unless I'm missing something.

I don't really see this doing too well because there are far too many opinions on what's good or not. For that reason you might prefer making your own list instead of crowd sourcing ideas and power tripping over the approval process. Otherwise every decent game will get included like the /v/ wiki, or certain games will get the boot because of a lot of autistic spergs who hate widely loved or popular games for incredibly inane reasons.

t. autistic sperg who hates certain games for incredibly inane reasons
>>
>>4134434
Yeah, most people would just ignore the wiki and move the fuck on with their lives. This sperglord decided he needs to have his wiki be "true to /v/" because "reddit took over the wiki".

The irony is that reddit will just take over this wiki when the time comes.
>>
>>4134262
the problem with the wiki is that it never got updated with new games. Also the japanese games were lacking.
>>
>>4134385
That's a shit system by design-- more obscure games get either rated higher because only a few people rate them so it pulls a super good score, or super low for the same reasons.
>>
>>4134471
Unless it's designed to be anti reddit. The question is how
>>
>>4134497
It's anti Reddit as all games are pulled from a thread from /v/. There's no accounts or names or ways to indentify who did what where. It's 100% anonymous as I don't (currently) log ips anywhere.
>>
>>4134329
Yeah, skies of arcadia is pretty good game, put that in OP.
>>
File: momo chan bounce.webm (191KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
momo chan bounce.webm
191KB, 640x480px
>>4134262
I would recommend a quick summary of the game along with screenshots so everyone can tell what they're getting into rather than just reading what kind of genre it is or something.

Think something similar Hardcore gaming 101's layout.
>>
>>4134492
It will tell you the number of votes...

IE: 40% Recommended, from X out of Y users.

A 100% with 1 vote is meaningless I agree. I'll probably put in a minimum before it starts showing up as user scores.
>>
>>4134508
Of course. In fact, if you click a games title on the list, it will take you to a page for that game. Nothing has content yet but if someone is willing to pull stuff together and help out, shoot an email to [email protected] and we can work shit out
>>
>>4134262
It would be kind of pointless to have a "/v/ recommend" with the usual stuff... but anyway I hope to see a neo geo pocket section someday.
>>
File: mslugx.png (2MB, 850x1213px) Image search: [Google]
mslugx.png
2MB, 850x1213px
>>4134515
Maybe, like, put some promotional flyers for arcade games too or something.

Obvious recs would be the Metal Slug series. Especially Metal slugs 1, 2, X, and 3.
>>
>>4134517
Well, what games do you want man
>>
File: Twinkle_Star_Sprites.jpg (181KB, 938x921px) Image search: [Google]
Twinkle_Star_Sprites.jpg
181KB, 938x921px
>>4134515
well, like, figure stuff out. Like how many screenshots per game you want and box art and how big it is... then I'll get to work.

'cuz one of the MOST annoying things is how everyone comes to /vr/ asking for recs.

Dude, if we can get this shit up and running proper you would save /vr/ a lot of trouble and maybe, no promises, make /v/ a better board.
>>
File: Phio.jpg (616KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
Phio.jpg
616KB, 1200x848px
>>4134534
god nevermind i'll just start now. i'll cap some screens from metal slug 3 and send em your way
>>
>>4134534
I mean 4 or 5 would be nice but there isn't a strict min or max.
>>
>>4134525
This one.

>>4134534
>Twinkle Star Sprites
Mi negro.
>>
File: LordsofThunderUS-front.jpg (2MB, 1415x1404px) Image search: [Google]
LordsofThunderUS-front.jpg
2MB, 1415x1404px
>>4134543
I'll get ten ready then. Ten seems like a good number. Along with some promo art n shit

>>4134547
I see you're a man of taste as well
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (695KB, 1425x1407px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
695KB, 1425x1407px
>>4134549
Thanks,man. Speaking of Shoot 'em up I would like to see this one on the list.
>>
File: WAVE RACE.jpg (239KB, 800x1111px) Image search: [Google]
WAVE RACE.jpg
239KB, 800x1111px
>>4134581
WOW. Our tastes are much more alike than I first realized. Gunbird's nice
>>
File: Crazy Taxi.jpg (93KB, 400x393px) Image search: [Google]
Crazy Taxi.jpg
93KB, 400x393px
>>4134587
>Wave race
Geez,man. What a good taste.

I miss my dreamcast...
>>
File: 11028801.jpg (688KB, 850x1101px) Image search: [Google]
11028801.jpg
688KB, 850x1101px
Contributing my favorite game of all time, shame there aren't too many platform racers like this at all.

Please mention that the Dreamcast port is the second best version, followed by Gamecube, then N64.
>>
>>4134262
I don't have a lot of faith in this project but I wish you the best of luck. If it turns out good in a month or so I'll contribute.
>>
>>4134581
This was always the absolute bottom earner every week at the arcade I worked at around 07-08. Played a couple rounds seems alright is it good?
>>
>>4134262

for reference

http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PC/MS-DOS
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PC/Early_Windows
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PC/Windows_95
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PC/Windows_98
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/NES
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/SNES
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_64
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Boy
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Boy_Color
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation
>>
>>4135439
same. I mean it's freaking /v/, I already have a strong feeling as to where it's gonna end up.
>>
>>4134262
>thevidya.site
Come back with a site that doesn't look like complete garbage then we'll talk about making a list
>>
>>4134534
>cuz one of the MOST annoying things is how everyone comes to /vr/ asking for recs.

Dont be that guy anon, its not annoying at all, it's fine and you dont need a reason to help someone out.
>>
>>4134262
If you could make games searchable by multiplayer that would be cool. Especailly if you search by type(vs, taking turns, co op) or by methods used(split screen, alternating, system link, local, lan, online, etc.)
>>
>>4135607
Yeah, you're right I'm just being cranky. Sorry, anon I really shouldn't be saying stuff like that.
>>
File: twocrudedudes.jpg (165KB, 640x897px) Image search: [Google]
twocrudedudes.jpg
165KB, 640x897px
>>4134262
Just replace everything with Two Crude Dudes and you got the perfect list.
>>
>>4134262
Dragon Warrior Monsters
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2
The Adventures of Hourai High
Live a Live
Soul Blazer
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma
Populous
Wave Race 64
Der Langrisser
>>
All good suggestions so far!
>>
Metroid
Super Metroid
Castlevania IV
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario 64
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasies 4-9
Final Fantasy Tactics
Dragon Quest 4
Mother/Earthbound series
Banjo Kazooie
Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Star Wars Battle For Naboo
Super Star Wars series
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening
The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
Super Smash Bros.
Jackal
Street Fighter II
Ecco the Dolphin
Umehara Kawase
Fire Emblem Geneaology of the Holy War
Jet Force Gemini
Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal
Panel de Pon
F-ZERO
Super Punch Out
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Mega Man series
Pocky & Rocky
Star Fox
Star Fox 64
Super Bomberman
Bomberman 64
Bomberman 64 The Second Attack
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
>>
>>4134262
Check out this thread:
>>4114553
>>
Grand Prix Legends
Nascar Racing
Indy Car Racing II
F1 CE (F1 1997)
Taito's Side by Side
Tenchu 1/2
Crisis Beat
Road Rash Jailbreak
Racing Lagoon
Tiny Toons All Stars
Yu Yu Hakusho Sunset Fighters
Scrambled Valkyrie
>>
>>4138408
Most of that charts are from /v/ recommends. So OP will complaint about it.
>>
MGS series
SC
CS
>>
>>4134269
Yep, just buy and play through the 8000 odd games on Steam yourself and you will soon know the good from the bad.
>>
>>4134262
steam hearts saturn
>>
File: suzuki2.png (150KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
suzuki2.png
150KB, 640x480px
>>4134262
Cuty Susuki ringside angel for the Sega Mega Drive.
>>
>>4134471
>>4134434

Is there really going to be much of a difference between lists created by 4chan and lists created by reddit for retro games?

It's not like there tons of new retro games coming out to fight about

I suspect the lists would be 90%+ identical as there is generally a strong consensus about what games are fun and what games aren't.

The biggest issues are going to come from 4chan itself with spergs arguing that Mario is shit or that all JPRG's are bad
>>
File: loli game chart v2.3.jpg (4MB, 3345x6144px) Image search: [Google]
loli game chart v2.3.jpg
4MB, 3345x6144px
Strongly recommending a layout similar to http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/articles.htm

sorted by all kinds of categories.
>>
>>4139197
Like, think about how YOU would want to look for a game.

Listed by just their titles or having pictures accompany it? A screenshot from the game says a lot more than just the box art.
>>
>>4139197
This is just a temp design for right now. I'm actually thinking about making it a chart type list like the one in your pic where it shows the game and an image for every one.
>>
What is literally the point if the same thing will happen to this new site years from now?
>>
>>4139516
I'll make sure it wont happen.
>>
glitchwave.com is in its openbeta stages. Lets populate it and make it elitist.
>>
>>4139528

It's going to attract liberal fucks and hipsters like every vidya communities that try to be "elitist". RYM is already cancer in that regard.
>>
File: Capture.png (52KB, 806x625px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
52KB, 806x625px
>>4134262
simtower
>>
>>4134262
Skies of Arcadia and Baten Kaitos need to be in there.
Rogue Galaxy needs to go in there too, since it's such a fun, intergalactic game that really makes you feel like you're on an adventure.

Solatorobo is a missed gem on the DS, as well.
>>
>>4138507
I just play a shitload of fan translations

generally if someone took the time to translate and hack a game, then it must be good (most of the time)
>>
>>4139528
>attempting to sign up leads to an infinite loading loop

Is this the case for anyone else or nah
>>
Which Final Fantasy should I start with? I'm asking because I don't want to start with one if it's shit.
>>
>>4140205
4, 5, 6, 7, or 9 would all be fine choices.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.