[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emu/ - Emulation General Retro Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: EMULATION.jpg (230KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
EMULATION.jpg
230KB, 495x495px
Emulation General - Retro Edition

Discussion thread for the emulation of /vr/-related game systems. Modern system emulation discussion belongs on >>>/vg/emugen

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.
>>
Does anyone know how to make NTSC shaders work on RA PS3? That, or make CPU filters actually blend dither.
>>
How is GB/GBC/GBA emulation on the Wii ?
>>
>>3795939
yea, this "general" doesnt need to be here.
>>
>>3796032

Good. Gambatte and mGBA and VBAGX cover them nicely.
>>
>>3795956
Doesn't the PS3 port work with Cg shaders? They used to work there at least.
>>
>>3795939
I'm looking for an arcade stick for arcade emulation. Do they make any with a double joystick setup for games like Robotron? I've seen sticks that appear to be for two players, but none that are for one player and have an extra joystick.
>>
>>3796042
That word really triggers me too!
>>
Who here /wii/
>>
>>3795939
Guys, sorry for noob question, but I tried everything and nothing worked.

I have RetroArch on OSX. I launch MAME core—CPS games work fine. I launch FBA core—it crashes every time (except with Final Fight).

I did everything I could think of. Tried different qsound.zip files. Different ROMs. Nothing works.

Any tips? How do I even see the log on OSX?
>>
>>3795939
Does anybody know how to make the latest version of MAME work with an old, old, old 10+ old computer that is running Direct X 8 instead of DX9?
>>
There is no reason to have a separate Emu Gen from the one on /vg/. There is probably more information and people talking about retro arch on there than will be on here.

Generals shouldn't be outside of /vg/ anyways
>>
>>3796032
so far so good and I haven't even began to play everything I want to.
>>
>>3796191
correct, that's why the DOOM thread needs to go
>>
>>3796140
>I have RetroArch on OSX
That's your problem.
>>
>>3796119
I'm using the Wii and I want to buy a 1TB or 2TB portable HD and load it up with games. There's a website that says which ones are compatible but alot of the newer ones aren't on there.

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List
>>
>>3796234

What games are you gonna throw on there? I have an extensive amount of GB/GBC/GBA/NES/Gen/SNES on mine and it's not filled up 8gb yet
>>
>>3796347
Gamecube and Wii

I already have all the old stuff I want
>>
>>3796361

Ah I gotcha. I've not made it that far yet. I actually only want a handful of each of those
>>
>>3796372
Yeah me 2, I have a 32gb flashdrive but it fills up pretty quick when the Wii games are 7gb. I haven't used the Media player on it yet but I have a 4TB HD filled with all my music and movies but I don't know if it will support a 4TB.
>>
>>3795939
Has anyone ever tried playing ePSXe online? I saw their was an exe for it, but I could never convince anyone to try it with me. If so, is it playable?
>>
>>3796815
>ePSXe
lol
>>
>>3796074
Hylian works, but none of the NTSC ones do
>>
Listen we really don't need an emulation general on /vr/ when /vg/ exists.
>>
File: 1371370555516.png (612KB, 1120x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1371370555516.png
612KB, 1120x1008px
best shader
>>
Bump for OP
>>
>>3796032
Wii Mednafen is great for GB/C as well, and support Double Strike mode which is awesome.
>>
>>3796119
I recently gave up on trying to hook up all my real hardware in my tiny apartment and hooked up a Wii to my PVM and ordered a Playstation to GameCube controller adapter for a lag-free experience. Should get that in the mail to-day, but I've been very pleased so far.
>>3796234
I've got a 300GB HDD I just stuck in an enclosure and it works fine. You really don't need that much space, go with any cheap 500GB USB 2.0 drive or put on together. The only thing you need for a bus powered drive is one of those USB Y-cables to supply the extra power needed. Works great on Nintendont for me.
>>
N00b here, how's emulation on New 3DS so far?

I'm considering to buy one and use it as a portable emulation console but I don't know how to liberate it and what emulators are available for it.
>>
>>3799097
Get a PS Vita. You really can't emulate much on the 3ds outside of VC.
>>
I have been experimenting with retroarchs PSX HW core with mixed results. Some games run %100 but others get frame rate dips all over the place
>>
>>3796098
If you want a robotron stick youre gonna have to make it yourself with the second stick being mapped to normally where the face buttons are.
>>
>>3799139
I haven't heard good things about emulation on Vita though.

(For the record, I have a modded PSP 3000 and I mostly use it to play PSP games, PSX isos and GBA roms.)
>>
>>3796065

I really want to use Gamebatte but it glitches out when using a Gamecube controller/gamecube adapter, just keeps detecting and losing the controller over and over. Even posted about it on the Github and it got ignored, don't think anyone's maintaining the Wii port any more, which is a shame as it's the most accurate emulator by far.
>>
Need some help, have SNESXGX on Vwii on my WiiU using hbc 1.1.2 (i think) and ios58. Now the emulator works perfect through HBC, but when i install the channel and launch it from that i get a black screen and have to unplug and replug back in the wiiu to get it working again. Anyone got a solution for this? I've even tried another channel for SNESXGX and it does the same thing.
>>
>>3799508
Ah fuck. Thought this might be the case. Would it be possible to replace one of the buttons on a fight stick with another joystick? Kinda sounds like a mess.
>>
Is there anyway to emulate a Super Gameboy yet?
>>
>>3795939

If I have a black wii (no gamecube ports) is there anything worthwhile that I can do with it? I know the white ones are great for NES/SNES/GBA/GBC

I have 2 spare dreamcast that want to be used for something (ps1 bleem style? lol)

Not sure what I can do with an n64 or ps1, probably nothing.
>>
>>3800025
Fixed.
>>
>>3800479
Many emulators support the borders and color palettes.
>>
>>3800595
You can still put the HBC on a 2nd gen Wii, you're just stuck using wireless controllers or a USB-GameCube adapter. Still a totally usuable emulation box, and the black ones are fresh.

Also, Metal Gear Solid on the DC with Bleem! is the definitive way to play the game, it's amazing.
>>
>>3796970
what shader?
>>
I am trying to escape Windows 10. Is there a way to swap to Steam Big Picture mode in Lakka?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.