[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you people legitimately play the games released late

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

How many of you people legitimately play the games released late in the systems lifespan?
>>
>>3679989
Many 10/10 games are released near the end of a consoles life. I feel bad for people who don't play them.
>>
>>3679997
The NEO GEO CD is a special case though, it would be nice to play The Last Blade II instead well you know looking at LOADING.

Meme not intended.
>>
>>3679989
If the game is good what difference does it make when it was released in the console's lifespan?

This board makes me scratch my head sometimes.
>>
>>3680002
NeoGeo CD is a console, not a game.
>>
>>3680007
>NeoGeo CD is a console

Get a load of this fag

Neo Geo is something beyond.
>>
>>3680010
You're moving the goal posts again. If you had Last Blade II on the NeoGeo instead of NeoGeo CD, you wouldn't need to wait for it to load.
>>
>>3680024

That's the whole point of the thread you damn dingus.
>>
>>3679989
Lol what? A big chunk of my favorite games was released late in system's lifespan. Great graphics, devs have more experience with the platform—what's not to like?

Mighty Final Fight
Wai Wai World 2
Gradius II (NES)
Crisis Force
Downtown Special
Yoshi's Island
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Gundam Wing: Endless Duel
Megaman X3
DKC1–3
Killer Instinct
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic & Knuckles
Golden Axe 3
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
KoF '98, '99, 2000, 2002

The list goes on
>>
>>3680029
Most of those are horrendous.
>>
>>3679997
This
>>3680034
Stop shitposting
>>
>>3680040

Golden Axe III was not a very good beltscroller, we had already seen superior games such as Knights of the Round,King of Dragons,Mutation Nation and not to mention other games released in 1993 such as Violent Storm etc.
>>
>>3680029

>Sonic 3D blast

Have you had a lobotomy??
>>
>>3680047
> we had already seen superior games
So what? By your logic, you should only visit /v/. Why stay in a place stuck in 1999?

Besides, US folks didn't get the game (except on Sega channel), so it's not well-known at all. But I've beaten it a lot of times (just played it again today actually) and I can tell you it's one of the finest on the system. You need to get the grasp of mechanics, but after you do, it's an amazing game with great co-op.

Anyway, if you don't like it, it's your loss only. Moreover, I'd rather have it remain a hidden gem, not drooled over by YouTubers, autistic speedrunners and reseller scum.

>>3680052
If you played the actual game instead of believing in memes, you'd find it was actually good. If not—again, it's your loss that you didn't get any enjoyment playing it. Less good games for you then.
>>
>>3680092
>Why stay in a place stuck in 1999?
>Beltscrollers post 1999(except Knights of Valour)

Anon are you mocking me?

>autistic speedrunners

People speed run belt scrollers? Sounds pleb as fuck no damage runs is where it's ultimately at.
>>
>>3679989
Even if I didn't have an AES and MVS I doubt I'd use my CDs.

>>3680007
You're a fucking genius!
>>
>>3680029
I wouldn't consider many of those late system releases unless it was in the very last few years of the console's lifetime. For example, Garou and KOF 98 and 99 were released when SNK was still in business; I would consider the late era to have started with the bankruptcy debacle going from KOF 2001 onward. Form that era, other than the obvious contenders of KOF 2002, 2003, and SSV Special, the only other game that has really stood out from that time was Matrimelee.
>>
>>3680092

I got S3DB for Christmas in 1996 when I was 8 years old. It sucked back then and it still sucks now.
>>
Honestly some of the very best /vr/ are released at the end of a console's life.

I think it takes a good 5 years for developers to really get a feeling for the hardware. I think only the Famicom/NES really had given a chance for developers to sink their teeth into it...

For something whose hardware is basically a barebones box made to make a home port of Donkey Kong they made some real technological miracles on it like Little Samson, FF3, or Mr. Gimmick!...
>>
>>3680563
OK

>>3680453
True, but then again, Neo Geo came out in 1990. Frankly, I don't know what counts as its life cycle—time from its release to its discontinuation? Or the time when the official games still came out for it? Still, the platform lasted for whopping 15 years or so. I think consoles usually last around 5–9 years depending on how you count, so I think 1999 was pretty late in the system's life cycle.
>>
>>3679989

>Legitimately

So if I use my dick on the controller it doesn't count?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.