[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I decided to play this on a whim and I cannot for the life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: ASCI.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ASCI.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
So I decided to play this on a whim and I cannot for the life of me understand why I cannot trigger the Wizard Quest at the guild, I did everything just finished Lefia Reunion but nope nothing.
Could it be because I spoke to Lefia at the Inn and got that item for the sealed dungeon?
>>
>>3679807
Also while I am at it did anybody else trigger the safe spot spot for Daruk Golem? I destroyed the poor bastard despite only doing about 7 damage per hit.
>>
>>3679807
In this series of games when you don't get a quest to trigger it always means that you missed some clue or failed to finish one of the tasks before it

In Dark Law I seem to recall there were a few things that were very easy to miss, like finding the pendant, and almost all the quests have different variations on how to end them, and changing the result of one quest will alter what happens in another one down the line locking you out of certain possibilities.

Basically, you gotta restart
>>
>>3680131

I didn't miss any quests, but from what i read this quest was a sequel to the one called Sorcerers daughter.

I did everything including reading the homonculus letters and putting those freak shows in the basement out of their misery, Except the last one who I was able to speak with but he said something like "Oh leave me alone il go nuts soon " so I locked the door when i was leaving. Went up and the doctor died scenario over received XP.

Could that have been it?
>>
>>3680131
Oh, another real important thing I should mention, is that Quests are also locked based on your level. This means leveling up in the optional dungeon or fighting just too many monsters or progressing quests in the wrong order can raise your level and lock you out of a quest that's necessary for the rest of the chain.

If you go straight through the optional dungeon at the start, you'll hit the roadblock and walk out realizing a bunch of shit happened while you were grinding dungeon.

Luckily, you can control your level ups in this here game, so just -don't level up- until you've done everything.

You could also choose to use a sub-member, and only level up that character, and fight the dungeon with them solo. i.e. your party consists of Red, Yellow, and Green, so you add Blue to your party (and knock out your other characters), go to the dungeon and grind him up until he can use magic, then level him as an attack mage and have him solo the dungeon while you pick up all the loot, then kick him out and go back to the original members with tons of extra cash and runes.
>>
>>3680152

Interesting nice thanks.

I was level 12 when trying to do that Wizard Quest.

Any idea what the cap is for that quest?
>>
>>3680141
These quests are adventure game hard man. Like in that quest I think you have to uncover the mastermind who was funding the research and also resolve the relationship between the doctor's son and the clone. I don't remember what happened to the doctor himself.

You really gotta search super carefully in that one though, to find different widgets and parts and attach them to machines properly and stuff to get ALL THE CLUES
>>
>>3680159

Yeah that's the one I was talking about, seriously think locking the door on that guy who was mutating into a monster in the basement is what fucked me over.
>>
>>3680156
I've no idea friend.
>>
>>3680164
yeah I think you're supposed to try to save that guy then end up killing him after getting his info
>>
>>3680168
Aww fuck well that was that.

I will start a new play through tomorrow, though I don't mind my first run was a disaster in terms of stats and what not.

Though if you get the skill jump early on can you jump over that log to the Hunter so maybe he doesn't die later on?
>>
What's your favorite track guys?

https://youtu.be/X47XoABFXMk?list=PL7D293EA2E116C996
>>
>>3680172
>Though if you get the skill jump early on can you jump over that log to the Hunter so maybe he doesn't die later on?
No. Though now I'm realizing that you probably didn't finish that quest properly either. You have to get the pendant the first time, then in the second part you have to do this whole elaborate floodgate puzzle and shit gets completely ridiculous.

That log is just like, a narrative part of the game telling you that your characters aren't peasants anymore and can handle shit, it has nothing to do with stats or skills.
>>
>>3680179

I got the pendant first run believe it or not and did the floodgate puzzle later.
>>
>>3680178
come on there's only one answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3TAdODxE4o
>>
>>3680191

In the context this game's setting,visuals and tone that seems so out of place.
>>
>>3680182
honestly this was one of the most enjoyable games to play without a guide for me

I think I started over like 3 or 4 times before I got it right
>>
>>3680193
the song is about getting shit done anon. it seems pretty apt to me
>>
>>3680194

I almost forgot about the damn sealed cave, around level 13 I just bum rushed it and went what the fuck when I reached the labyrinth.
Earlier on I tried tackling on the cave without the unlock skill, good god.
The fight against Daruk Golem was comedy though, I was pretty much out of MP and took about 7 per hit, So I just try to hold out as long as I possibly could i had one character on the stair case and the other two healing,
Then all of a sudden Daruk Goes nuts and walks over to the left of the throne chair, so I move up the attacking character and block off the exit and poor Daruk just keept randomly walking around in that corner without doing anything and getting slowly killed.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.