[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: ebay.png (12KB, 416x173px) Image search: [Google]
ebay.png
12KB, 416x173px
>>
>>3679228
knowing exactly what makes it Acceptable is very important
>>
Probably if it just needs some TLC.
When I sell occasionally I am honest about the condition and tend to list stuff as acceptable only because of perfectionists who will bitch about one ding on a game that's likely older than they are.
>>
>Peel my eyes away from that subjective assessment made by the seller.
>Look at the picture beside it, thoroughly analyzing it to determine if it meets my own standards.
>If the picture isn't good enough for me to make an educated judgement, kindly ask the seller for a better one.
>Take a look at the description to see if there is more information on wear that might not be visible in a picture.
>>
I only buy things Brand New factory sealed in mint condition.
>>
>>3679228
'''''Acceptable'''''' is codeword for stamped to hell and back by a Blockbuster cattle iron
>>
>>3679323
>I only buy things Brand New factory sealed in mint condition.

Those cost a lot usually, I found that buying Brand New factory sealed in near mint condition is much more cost efficient.
>>
>>3679228
That depends, am I dealing with an eastern/Japanese seller or a western seller?
>>
>Do they say its tested and works?
>Is it cheap?

As long as the game works and is priced well, I could give a fuck about the outer condition. I'm getting it to play, not stick on a shelf and feel good about myself.
>>
>>3679228
If the price is right why not?
>>
I've only ever bought books from amazon used, but buying them in "good" condition is always a gamble, and the one time I bought "acceptable", it came with a hole in the package, the cover had a plastic film hanging off of it, a crease in the spine, and whole groups of pages fell right out. Plus some kid wrote his name inside it.
>>
>>3679228
By definition you're supposed to list cart only games as "acceptable" because if you read, things like very good actually include box and instructions.
>>
>>3679228
This, always and every time
>>3679441

>be new to buying online shit
>find a PS1 game for a buck
>used to finding games with laser scratches at minimum when buying at flea markets
>game comes
>has a deep scratch that prevented me from going past the first loading screen
>be lucky enough to get a refund and keeping the game
>seller told me I should have read description
>when buying non-blu ray disk, I only buy disk with zero scratches no exception
>>
>>3679350
I don't buy that VGA joke garbage. Just a brand new copy of a game that's in mint or near-mint condition.
>>
>>3679228

I mostly rely on the actual item description and not a whole lot on the ebay stuff unless it says Brand New or something. If the seller doesn't provide enough photos or a decent written description, or otherwise doesn't respond to questions about condition, I'd probably just avoid it.
>>
>>3679228
>ebay. not even once.
>>
>>3679228
Everyone has, at minimum, a camera on their cellphone these days. There's zero excuse for not including detailed pictures unless you're trying to scam somebody. No pictures, no purchase. Simple as that.
>>
yeah fuck no

very good condition and up for me, and maybe a good condition if its all i can find and im jonesin for it. but most of the "good" condition games/cds i bought off amazon or ebay were scratched to hell and the case/box was less than acceptable so nah im good on good.
>>
>>3679228
if you're buying to collect/as collectables, you shouldn't buy items listed as "acceptable" probably unless you're up for taking a risk

acceptable is basically as low as you can go, you can't really return it if you're not satisfied unless it's literally broken.
>>
I go by the photos and the description of the item more than anything. I make sure to ask questions about anything that's unclear. I also mostly buy from Japanese sellers, and they seem to like to list stuff in great condition as "acceptable" for some reason.
>>
>just bought a old monitor
>GREAT CONDITION!@!@!
>get it home, turn it on
>huh this IS great
>leave feedback on ebay
>the second I press send I see a fucking scratch on the screen that is going to bother me until the end of time
>currently going insane
>>
depends on the pic

sometimes they say its "acceptable" and its in great condition

other(most) times its wrecked in the msot baffling ways possible
>>
>>3680901
You can repair a scratch...
>>
>>3681076
How? I tried for 30 minutes using the eraser method, didnt do shit but polish a spot on the matte screen.

Doubt other methods work too.
>>
>>3679228
Depends of its location.
If it is being sold by a Japanese, I most probably would. Acceptable condition on videogames from Japan, is near mint for the English.
>>
>>3681094
turn off the lights in the room
now you dont see any scratch
>>
>>3681114
the disc laser still sees them doe, if it still works that is
>>
>>3681114
>big rainbow pixel line streak running down my screen while I use it

>nah man can't even see it
>>
>>3681117
i have no idea what thats suppose to be
but its not a scratch
>>
>>3681143
Yes it is a scratch because when I turn off the monitor I can clearly see the scratch on the screen.

When light shines through it, it shows as colorful scratch on screen.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.