[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having problems with my arcade machine. the brightness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I'm having problems with my arcade machine. the brightness is supposed to high on MAME, I adjust it, but every time I quit a game and start another one the brightness and gamma go back to what they were. I'm running mame on a raspberry pi inside an old space invaders cabinet. does anyone know how to make the brightness and gamma changes permanent?
>>
>>3678928
why aren't you adjusting the brightness on the display itself?
>>
>>3678934
mame displays games to brightly, and adjusting the monitor doesn't look the same it does when adjusting mame settings. plus.... the monitor controls are no longer labeled. I took a monitor apart to mount it.
>>
>>3678939
it looks like the backlight is set too high though, which you're not going to be able to set lower if you do it on mame.
>>
>>3678941
I'll try to adjust the monitor itself until I get it right. but still... how come mame won't save my settings?
>>
>adjusting the monitor doesn't look the same it does when adjusting mame settings
You're right there. It looks correct.

>the monitor controls are no longer labeled. I took a monitor apart to mount it.
No compulsion to get it fully mocked up before you went and butchered things? What set was it before you got your hands on it?
>>
>>3678928
>I'm having problems with my arcade machine
>I'm running mame on a raspberry pi
Found the problem. Remove that and you'll be fine. kek
>>
>>3678928
You can set the gamma permanently in the cfg file.
Also fix your aspect ratio. And get a CRT.
>>
>>3679115
Wait i didn't see the raspberry pi bit... oh dear.
>>
>>3678928
MORE MEME nuCABS!

get real!
>>
>>3678928
>lcd screen
>raspi
>in an old retro cab
Wow, you've earned yourself a lot of cool points.
>>
lmao op that's not a cab it's just a really shitty TV stand
>>
>>3679965
Hey fucking killing good cabs for meme Hipster millenials is the "IN".
>>
>>3680050
Space Invaders too, that pic is hard to look at...
>>
>>3680058
in my defense, the cab was already gutted when I got it. I was going to put a Windows 7 machine in it, but I decided to save the PC for another cabinet I'm building. the only thing I did did remove was the marquee lights in order to mount a speaker panel up there. the red button in the middle is a pause button.
>>
>>3680050
I'm 37, hardly a millennial.
>>
>>3680289
>i'm 37 and don't know how to use the internet to look up the definition of millennial
Millennial and retarded. A winning combination. In some ways your end of the millennial spectrum is the worst. You don't actually know you're a millennial and so make no effort to adjust your behavior to avoid typical millennialisms. You lack the online skills of the younger millennial as evidenced by your inability to google the definition of millennial. At least the younglings provide some amusement. You 30 something man children are just sad.
>>
>>3680284
fair enough.
>>
>>3678928
Looks comfy.
>>
>>3680391
Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>3680391
alright. this thread is going to shit. Nevermind, you faggots. I'd post a picture of me giving you the finger, but you'd get too excited.
>>
>>3680993
>implying it didn't start off shit
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.