[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFVIII MASTERPIECE Witin disc 1 and 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: Ff8_logo.png (283KB, 650x529px) Image search: [Google]
Ff8_logo.png
283KB, 650x529px
If you quickly got bored or lost interest in this game name the qualites of the gameplay characters, and etc that kept you playing up to a certain point.
*NOTE: I did not bother to finish this game. Got to disc two or three.
>>
what
>>
chinamen out in full force today
>>
>>2963291
I liked the leveling and magic draw/junction system. It also has an interesting world I liked exploring.

Not everyone likes the same things though, if you got bored I wouldn't recommend continuing.
>>
File: QuickMemo+_2015-11-13-14-12-45.png (745KB, 1280x732px) Image search: [Google]
QuickMemo+_2015-11-13-14-12-45.png
745KB, 1280x732px
I Liked the junction system in fact that was one of my favorite parts. I thought the character design was great as well. It has all these great elements. Like if somebody told me there was gonna be a remake id play it but the story would have to be dramatically changed. I got a dream feeling from the game without being stoned .
>>
>>2963296
Pretty much name aspects of the game that you liked.
>>
File: Quistis2.gif (943KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
Quistis2.gif
943KB, 500x368px
>>2963291
Game is OK until disc 4 then is pain in th ass. But still FF8 is my best FF.
>>
>>2963826
Quistis is objectively best girl
>>
Weirdest of the series.. Liked all main characters up to getting rinoa. I like aspects of it because it comes across at times as ones individual perspective of a fantasy as opposed to the generalized perspective of fantasy one may get from ffIX. Its one of the only games that i wish were more interactive.. The main character should be more decisive and should not have to rely on the gardens for anything.. Free roam free mind.. The fantasy is there and to an extent its more intense than FFVII.
>>
>>2963925
I would like to see FF8 remake same story but gta gameplay plus fe rpg elements. Seed is an army lets act like one.
>>
>>2963938
Gta gameplay minimal weaponry knives, swords fists. Mature rating. Freelance mercenary no seed. For me Seed dismantles the fantasy aspect of the game. But thr story is not mine..
>>
>>2963938
If i wanted to play army i could play call of duty you know?!
>>
I kept playing because I was a massive Final Fantasy fan.

But the junctioning system was over-complicated, unintuative fucking shite. The characters were dull compared to earlier games and the whole futuristic aesthetic had gone too far for my taste.

The rediculous animations made battles drag on for what felt like hours.

I got to the end of disc 3 before I decided I'd had enough.

Liberi Fatali is still an amazing piece of music however.
>>
>>2964429
Oh, and fuck that moronic card game too.
>>
>>2963291

I'm of a firm belief you absolutely need to finish a game before you can pass any real and tangible judgment on it.
>>
>>2964429
>>2964432

>Junction over complicated
What, because it wasn't coloured marbles you couldn't understand it?

Junction is dead fucking simple. You unlock the ability to junction magic to stats via GF. Then you just assign magic to the slots for stat increases. Elemental-Atk-J lets you junction magic to your elemental attack, causing your basic attacks to ahve elemental damage

>un-intuitive
You're a fucking moron. They run you through the entirety of junction multiple times in FF8 and you can use the tutorial at any time.

>>2964432
>fuck the card game
That you never, not once had to ever participate in?
>>
>>2964453
The junction system was a massive disappointed after the elegant aparatus of VI and VII.

And I brought the card game up because there's always an apologist yadda yadda use the card game to raise your stats, makes the game much easier yadda fucking yadda.

The game was a letdown for MANY - not all - but MANY Final Fantasy fans.

Think you can live with me having my own opinion?
>>
: ]
I heard from a m8 that the folks at square made the game for their own enjoyment.. Honestly that remark seems very true when you take a look at how program/sub menu like the junction system is.
Junction system dope.. The game would be a piece of art if there were no dialouge. Plus there was so much there they didnt need to include the chocobos or a headmaster. What mercenary takes orders and receives a salary from the principal. Haha that would be a strange dream or an episode of archer. Hahaha
>>
And besides were here to appreciate aspects of the game no matter how minute or insignificant they are.
>>
>>2964483
Not if you wrongly justify it.

You can complete FF8 by playing it in a normal way and just using auto-junction.

The card game IS just there for you raise your stats.

>elegant aparatus of VI and VII
6's system is so fucking bad and stupid I don't even know how anyone likes it. It's literally

>Equip Esper for learning magic
>When you get close to level up, pick the stat you want most and swap to that esper

Wow. So intuitive and so good.
>>
good:
- Triple Triad
- GFs & junctioning
- Enc-None
- GF visuals
- Omega Weapon
bad:
- pointless gunblade shit
- story drags at times
- world map is boring
- jp only pocketstation bullshit
- every male character with the possible exception of Laguna
>>
I loved that the enemies leveled up with you, but I also hated it. I would grind at the beginning of the game while listening to music, then all the bosses were easy as hell.

The junction and drawing had the same double-edged sword feel. You had to draw stuff out of enemies (most notably, bosses), and it was a hell of a lot easier than saving up money or trying to level up a Materia to make it stronger, but the only challenge became keeping the bosses (or enemies) alive long enough to get everything you needed from them.

All in all, I liked that it was so different from FF7 and other RPGs, even if it wasn't perfect.
>>
>>2963291
I beat FF VIII but was disappointed in the game. It didn't have enough detail in the story, and having everyone growing up together as babies and no one remembered that? It had some extremely glaring flaws.
>>
>>2964994
>- jp only pocketstation bullshit

Play PC version.

NOTE: It breaks the game. Seriously. You leave the app running overnight and when you start the game tomorrow you've got 40 phoenix downs, 50 ethers, and 5 megalixers, and probably enough spare parts to refine into magics or upgrade weapons.
>>
>>2964994
the pocketstation didn't give much at all, just a few random items that were mostly junk or maybe a few elixers. I also couldn't get past lvl 99 or whatever with the chocobo. Then not to mention the pocket station never came here because the stupid thing ate batteries like candy and would die in about 1-2 days then you go and buy another battery for 4 bucks.... yeah no. I just used the extra batteries I had to get the items but beyond that never used the thing
>>
I paid $2 for a complete copy of this game a few years back and after playing it I think I paid too much.
>>
>>2966457
>Draw what you needed from bosses
Unless you're trying to stockpile shit like triples from Cerberus, you can just draw the GF's you need and forget it.
>>
>>2964601
>When you get close to level up, pick the stat you want most and swap to that esper
The only stat that matters in VI is magic power. Vigor only gives large benefits when you're already hitting the damage cap on physical attacks from being high level so it's pointless to raise, Stamina is worthless, you get more than enough HP and MP from leveling and HP/MP restoration is trivial, and speed only gives results with tons of levels and you could just include someone who has high natural speed to deal with that anyways.
>>
Squall is dead
Final disc is a dream
>>
>>2963291
I completed the demo and didn't even bother buying the full game. FF died.
>>
Was in 7/8th grade, had bad acne, and was all kinds of depressed about it.

I related heavily to Squalls 'whatever' attitude and the love story hit me right in the feels.

Walking around Balamb garden, challenging random people to triple triad, and junctioning creatures was just fun.

There is a big emotional part of this game that you either get or don't get (the little boy in the rain, I'll be waiting I promise, etc) I realize there is some bad gameplay mechanics and the story gets weird with Ultawhatever, but this is just one of those love or hate games.
>>
>>2967176

No, this was a "love it 'till big stupid amnesiac plot twist reveal" game.
>>
and the music was awesome
>>
>>2967191
>"love it 'till big stupid amnesiac plot twist reveal"
Someone didn't read the terminal in the classroom
>>
>>2970750
>be squaresoft writer, make an asspull in the plot
>go back in the script and put a throw away line mentioning amnesia
THEY TOTALLY FORESHADOWED IT YOU GUYS I TOTALLY SAW IT COMING
>>
>>2970775
>put in three or four other "asspulls"
>including an unskippable conversation with Cid about how GFs cause amnesia
>be retarded and scream in autistic rage that you didn't figure out something that was damn near spelled out for you

I also like how you think you write stories in a completely linear fashion and you can't ever go back and edit anything.
>>
>>2970824
>go back and edit anything.
That's exactly what a foreshadow is.
>>
>>2963291
Rinoa by herself ruined the whole game for me. FF8 would have benefitted from a dating mechanic much more than 7, I would much rather bang my hot teacher than my arch rival's sloppy seconds.
>>
Played it when it came out. Got all the way to the last boss. Spent two hours trying to kill her. Went through 99 elixirs, mega elixirs and phoenix downs. Down to Squall and another for at least an hour, healing up for two rounds and then attacking once. Finally died. Got pissed and never played it again.

Fuck scaled encounters.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.