[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some good c64 games? I want to get into c64 emulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 13

File: Commodore64withdisk.jpg (486KB, 2070x1421px) Image search: [Google]
Commodore64withdisk.jpg
486KB, 2070x1421px
what are some good c64 games? I want to get into c64 emulation but I dont know where to start. I played wolfenstein and liked it quiet a bit though.
>>
Splonk!
Wizard's Cavern
Joseph Grice's Baseball
Lord Loughney
>>
Why don't you just google it? You've given next to information on what you do or do not want.
>>
Just play any Epyx/Origin/Lucasarts/Microprose/Accolade/Electronic Arts stuff. Be aware that this thread will be flooded with Yurosemens promoting bad tape shovelware.
>>
Wizball
>>
Enforcer's a pretty good shoot 'em up.
>>
File: psycho pigs.webm (2MB, 391x278px) Image search: [Google]
psycho pigs.webm
2MB, 391x278px
>>2948381

Psycho Pigs is odd, but a blast to play. It's a port of the arcade game Butasan.
>>
File: Exile.webm (1MB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
Exile.webm
1MB, 400x296px
>>2948382

Exile is a gorgeous Metroidvania-ish adventure game, but it's very difficult without a guide. http://www.solutions.c64.org/

I also recommend Renegade 1 & 2 (actually the prequel to River City Ransom), the library of Epyx, Wizball and Deflektor.
>>
>>2948385
How good are the other versions? The AGA versions look quite appealling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fovdKwd2cb0
>>
File: ProjectFirestartAnimation1.gif (131KB, 384x272px) Image search: [Google]
ProjectFirestartAnimation1.gif
131KB, 384x272px
>>2948281
Pirates! was always my all time favorite. That game is simply amazing, be sure to get the Nostalgia release.
International Karate + for best fighting game on the computer.
Bruce Lee for a very fun and short game which you can play in co-op.
Elite for a mindblowing experience.
Impossible Mission for puzzle platforming and digitized voice.
Project Firestart for possibly the first survival horror game.

Again, get the Nostalgia release for any of those if they're available.
>>
>>2948385
I want to try this game it sounds so cool
>>
>>2948382
ooh, hi-res sprites. Cute.
>>
>>2948329
This is one of the few cases where "just google it" is really the best answer. There are so many good games that offering suggestions without more information is pointless. And so many of those games were done better on the Amiga that playing them on the 64 is also pointless.
>>
>>2949307
Most of the time the C64 got the best version over ST/Amiga/etc. actually.
>>
>>2949307
google doesnt help it just shows me a bunch of shit that was better on other systems anyway for the most part. I want more hidden gems like mayhem in monsterland.
>>
>>2949629
If you want gems, dig for them yourself.
You can't barge in here and expect to get fed with a silver spoon with no input from your side.
>>
>>2949676
Oh fuck off I came to discuss things and I want to hear about what it has to offer from people with personal experience. I know you grew up emulating everything so you think this board is one big emulator circle jerk and we all got our taste in games from e-celebs like you.
>>
File: Creatures13.jpg (31KB, 400x260px) Image search: [Google]
Creatures13.jpg
31KB, 400x260px
If you liked Mayhem in Monsterland, you'll enjoy Creatures.
>>
File: rick_dangerous_10.png (2KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
rick_dangerous_10.png
2KB, 320x200px
Rick Dangerous 1 & 2
>>
File: spellbound_01.gif (10KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
spellbound_01.gif
10KB, 320x200px
I fucking loved Spellbound as a kid. Played it for hours and hours.
>>
Jumpman
Galactic tunnels
Impossible mission
>>
>>2950259
is c64 definitive version or am I better off with the amiga? I was planning on getting rick dangerous going on my raspberry pi cause Its a great little game but does the commodore have anything to set it apart, i know the graphics wont be as nice but I dont care about that.
>>
>>2949629
Then google does help. It tells you you're either emulating the wrong system or asking the wrong question.
There are no "hidden gems" slugger. Every gem was made long before you were born and has been thoroughly unhidden by now.
Maybe if you stopped being a typical youngling cunt and accepted the advice of people who have been here more than a summer you'd get the info you're looking for.
>>
>>2950567
I've been here since the beginning and I would like to start getting into old computers, saying there are no hidden gems is retarded. A game that is really good and rarely gets mentioned is a hidden gem despite if a few people already uncovered it. It doesn't have to be completely undiscovered. Why don't you stop being an elitist faggot nobody thinks you're cool and just bugger off and go play some games? I just wanted to know some good c64 games cause google just wants to show me lemmings and shit that was also on a million other systems too.

>>2950262
this game looks really cool. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>2948281
The following games defined my childhood. They were the best times of my life:
Ultima III-IV-V
Wasteland
The Bard's Tale II-III
Pool of Radiance - Curse of the Azure Bonds
The Castles of Dr. Creep
Jumpman
>>
>>2949774
So instead of trying to specify what you are looking for you resort to insults.
Nice idea of discussion you seem to have.
>>
I just got a c64 from the local tip. It came with a 1541 floppy drive and a cassette reader. I'm having some trouble getting this shit to display on my crt but I'll get there.

Pretty good timing on this thread really. Can't wait to get into some sick rpgs.
>>
>eagle's nest
>zaxxon
>mission impossible
>giana sisters
>raid over moscow
>maniac mansion
a few that I remember playing as a kid
>>
anything have a good open ended world with lots of secrets similar to the first zelda game? I just kind of want to wander around in a comfy old video game world and discover new things. c64 seems like a good platform cause computers had the memory to do that.
>>
>hidden gems
Why is this concept even a thing? If you're not into a specific system then all the good games are hidden gems to you, but they're neither hidden nor forgotten.

>>2953673
Most games I can think of are like Falcom's Dragon Slayer which Zelda took inspiration from, probably not what you're looking for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oouUI13Xhcg
>>
>>2953852
I like temple of apshai used to play it on my 286 when i was a kid but not what I am looking for.
>>
File: 2971.jpg.png (5KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
2971.jpg.png
5KB, 640x400px
>>2953854
The only ones with open world that come to mind are Elite and Wasteland, but both aren't action-adventure titles.

Try maybe the Druid series.
>>
>>2953905
series? I thought it was just one game. Im trying elite though it sounds sick
>>
>>2953909
There were 3 games released on the system.
Druid.
Druid II: Enlightenment.
Warlock: The Avenger.
>>
>>2948385
There is fan remake for that game. The Nameless.
>>
>>2948385
Fair warning, if you're going to play Exile be sure to find a good version as there are numerous cracks floating around, some of them with a bug that prevents you from finishing the game.
>>
>>2953852
>hidden gems
It's just a term underage use.
>>
Reach for the Stars (old school 4X strategy)
Phantasie and Questron series by SSI
Legacy of the Ancients & Legend of Blacksilver
>>
how do you make vice run faster like instead of actual drive emulation with its slow as shit loading.
>>
>>2950509
That depends on what you want from your gaming experience.

The Amiga version has prettier graphics, while the C-64 provides a more SOLID challenge.
>>
>>2948281

asshole's quest
dick's cavern
Mom's hairy black dong with authentic nigger pubic hair
Peanut's fucking shit eating adventure
The quest of the cockless, shiteating politically correct fuck

Just to name a few.
>>
File: 64.jpg (132KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
64.jpg
132KB, 816x612px
>>2961604
What was the point of this post?
>>
>>2961604
>>2961651
>above 18
top kek kid
>>
I always liked Flimbo's Quest. The graphics (especially the parallax scrolling) and music blew me away at the time too. Even though the pixels are the size of postage stamps, you don't really notice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0msxihp1fFQ
>>
>>2964063
he rips a fart every time he jumps lmao
>>
>>2964063
Ah fuck man. Nostalgia feels.

Never seen anyone mention this game in years.

And yes, the music was fantastic.
>>
File: flimbo-s-quest_8.gif (8KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
flimbo-s-quest_8.gif
8KB, 320x200px
>>2948281
Flimbo's Quest. Everyone calls it an average platform game, yet it has some of the most impressive graphics and music on the C64, and buttery smooth controls unlike most other games on the system. And everyone keeps remixing the stupid loader theme instead of the baller nautical theme or the one that plays during the scrolling demo.
>>
>>2964445
Too cheerful to not be remixed.
>>
>>2953673
Mercenary.

Best game on c64 ever.

Incredible, what they wrung out of the hardware with this game. Amazed the 12yo me. 3d graphics.
>>
File: Black_Magic.png (2KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Magic.png
2KB, 320x200px
I've always enjoyed me some Black Magic--the Dark Souls of adventure games.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXfq5PDt2aE
Armalyte.
>>
Not exactly a masterpiece, but i enjoy the ort of Black Tiger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnIO9JsaCg8

Some nice chiptune.
>>
>>2950567
No, seriously. Assblasted mods deleting posts or not, you were the victim of sexual assault at the hands of a family member. There's no other explanation for this level of autism.

Head back to /v/.
>>
>>2967994
its pretty sick they pulled that off on an 8bit machine though
>>
File: image.png (1KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1KB, 320x200px
Beach Head 2 (Co-op is a blast)
Wizball
Pastfinder
Zenji
Buggy Boy
Park Patrol
There's a ton of awesome C64 games out there. My problem is my C64 from 1986 recently packed it in, so I'm down to emulation too at the moment
>>
Mission Impossible
Archon
Laser Squad
International Karate +
Blue Max
Boulder Dash
Head Over Heels
Pitstop 2
Decathlon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnww_FoopV4
Salamander is a really good port.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.