[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic 3/Michael Jackson rumors confirmed http://testkitchen.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

File: sonic%20mj1--article_image[1].jpg (28KB, 387x181px) Image search: [Google]
sonic%20mj1--article_image[1].jpg
28KB, 387x181px
Sonic 3/Michael Jackson rumors confirmed
http://testkitchen.huffingtonpost.com/michaeljacksonsonic/

I'm sure there are less shitty clickbait versions of this article floating around, but I'll give you the high points:
apparently huffpo believes that "hardcore sonic fans" call themselves "Blues" which I have never heard before and sounds absurd.
Brad Buxer, Doug Grigsby III, and Cirocco Jones are 3 of the 6 men credited with writing sonic 3's music and confirm MJ's involvement.
Buxer is a longtime collaborator with MJ as well.
Sega still denies and refuses to comment.

This isn't really news to anyone familiar with sonic music, but the confirmation of the rumors, rather than the speculation of some autistic sonic fans on youtube is nice.
>>
>>2945181
So, anything new that wasn't mentioned here 2 years ago?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFgnUa1v8uA
>>
>>2945228
lol this rumor has been a thing for over a decade, it only got sorta officially confirmed when MJ died
>>
>>2945181

This was all confirmed before youtube even existed sonny.
>>
>>2945236
the only actual news part is that it's confirmed by multiple sources rather than just being a rumor with some kids doing song comparisons and Buxer saying "yeah, no totally you guys"
Basically other people confirming it is the news part.
>>
File: michael_jackson_y_sega.jpg (253KB, 702x336px) Image search: [Google]
michael_jackson_y_sega.jpg
253KB, 702x336px
>>2945181
No new info really. Sega is laying to cover their ass because they used MJs music anyway. Sega probably lost the original master tracks MJ wrote as well.
>>
It would have been really cool to hang out with MJ and play some Sonic.
>>
>>2945716
Yeah, assuming you wanted your dick sucked sure.
>>
>>2945278
I doubt they are lying or covering their ass because of money. I'm sure MJ got paid regardless. The whole reason he was dropped and wasn't in the credits to begin with was because of the scandal and lawsuit surrounding MJ diddling a young boy.
>>
>>2945716
Yes, he'd give you some wine in a soda can then rape you.

That child molesting freak is burring in hell as we speak, good riddence.
>>
I take pride in believing this before it was officially confirmed.
>>
There's an alternate universe where Michael Jackson wrote music for Sonic CD instead of 3 and we actually got to hear MJ's finalised tracks as glorious CD audio.

The only downside is that in this alternate universe, Sonic CD is $1000 on eBay.
>>
Well, pretty much just listen to Launch Base and you should be able to make up your own mind about his involvement. What I think is equally interesting is the largely uncredited influence of The Jetzons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2OWC5Hosv8
>>
>>2945749
The licensing rights would also make the game not worth porting over somost people wouldn't have played it.
>>
>>2945751

Well, you know... Michael Jackson was caught plagirising music during this time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf5Q2Ix-VJs

And it's easier to believe MJ heard that bootleg track than Sonic Team.
>>
>>2945735
>>2945741
He was never proven to be a molester though.
>>
>>2945757
Yeah, but i mean come on, who are we kidding here?
>>
>>2945757
>>2945762

MJ was completely innocent.

The original kid that accused MJ of molestation described MJ's penis as circumcised (MJ was uncut - however the kid and the dad were both Jewish).

Also, the kid confessed under the influence of sodium amytal administered to him by his father.

The original pedo accusation was an extortion tactic by the father to get custody rights over the kid (MJ was close friends with the kid through his mother) and get some of MJ's wealth in the process.

MJ was even willing to take it to court but his handlers went ahead with a settlement against his wishes.

It was the same shit in 2005 (after the defamatory Martin Bashir documentary), where MJ had his day in court probably taking every painkiller known to man and was STILL found innocent by a jury.

And that was it. No one else ever came out during MJ's life. One woman comes out against Bill Cosby and hundreds of women come out of the woodwork with the exact same story. It's the same for pedo priests.

That did not happen with MJ. Two bogus accusations and not another word. Not only that, he's defended by people who were actually abused by the rich and powerful as children like Corey Feldman.

So yeah, Sonic the Hedgehog.
>>
>>2945751
>largely uncredited influence of The Jetzons
Brad Buxer is right there in the credits, first name under Music Composers
>>
>>2945797
Did he write the song or what?
>>
>>2945771
What people don't get is that MJ was an autist. He really just wanted to play video games and frolic in secret gardens all day with pillow fight sleep overs at night. The man probably loved Touhou. He was too pure for this world. R.I.P.
>>
>>2945804
That's him on the keyboards for Hard Times
>>
>>2945810
One of us, one of us, one of us.
>>
>>2945813
Oh neat. It's fascinating he decided to encorporate that song into the game, and that they were able to so faithfully reproduce it. I know there's a few other tracks in the game that can definitely be heard to resemble some of MJ's songs. I wonder if there's any more tracks like that one from The Jetzons that could be attributed to lesser known musical groups or artists than MJ.
>>
>>2945181
Ten fucking years ago when these rumours started, I picked up one of the MJ compilations (History) from my moms pack of CDs and flipped through the booklet; all the composers credited in Sonic 3 were also credited on that album (except Howard Drossin, who was brought in S&K only).

This already confirmed that MJ was involved with Sonic 3 - the game credits like half his backing band.
>>
>>2945754
not as bad as Yuzo "blackbox" Koshiro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYUuCN3A0K0
>>
>>2945810
>What people don't get is that MJ was an autist. He really just wanted to play video games and frolic in secret gardens all day with pillow fight sleep overs at night.

He had autism developed due to his childhood though. Specifically, he had NO childhood. He was thrown in the pop culture meat grinder since he was a little kid, so he never really had friends of same age who didn't look up to his fame and fortune.

There's an interview with a girl who dated him somewhere, and she describes him as a guy who, instead of touching her, just watched vintage cartoons with her in bed.

So he remained a child even after growing up. Part of the idealism/magic in his music came from that though, so he wouldn't have been as popular otherwise.

The drugs probably did not help either.
>>
>>2945834
Yuzo Koshiro pretty much confirmed that he made the SOR music by taking shit he heard in clubs, though.
>>
>>2945834
That entire video is a stretch if ever I heard one. There is a reason even the person who made the youtube video is calling them influences and not plagiarisms.
>>
>>2945841
you're kidding right? its blatant ripoffs.
>>
>>2945735
>>2945741
>>2945762
>being this ignorant
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>2945845
I've heard the comparisons decades ago and no I'm not joking. He clearly emulated snippets of club music but the actual full length tracks are very different with a few exceptions like the opener which the guy that made the video didn't even include. Unlike the person/song you first linked to which sounds exactly like that song because it was in fact made by the same guy who wrote that song. See >>2945797
>>
>>2945874
>Unlike the person/song you first linked to which sounds exactly like that song because it was in fact made by the same guy who wrote that song
You have me confused with someone else.
I just posted the Yuzo video because he literally stole samples and didnt credit the original artist.
How he can get away with shit like this and not credit them is disgusting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz4rlEy3OtA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt7HJOGmRhs
>>
>>2945894
you're a literal retard
http://www.whosampled.com/sample/17531/Soul-II-Soul-Jazzie's-Groove-Gary-Byrd-Soul-Travelin'-Pt.-I-%28The-G.B.E.%29/
>>
>>2945909
Still no credit regardless. Just like all the other samples.
Bad example on my part tho it still stands. Care to explain all the others?
Stolen work is still stolen.
>>
>>2945909
So the chink hack stole some niggas song that stole his song from another nigga?
Hilarious.
>>
>>2945771
>The original pedo accusation was an extortion tactic by the father to get custody rights over the kid (MJ was close friends with the kid through his mother) and get some of MJ's wealth in the process.

And the father killed himself a few months after Michael died, which to me is kind of an admission of guilt. Plus the kid eventually cut all ties with his parents and apparently had to get a restraining order against his father after the dude tried to kill him, so I'd rather believe Michael than the crazy dude who tried to kill his own son.
>>
>>2945741
> implying i wouldn't be down for the jesus juice for MJ.
>>
>>2945975
It's a real shame since the pedo accusation had such a negative effect on MJ's music career especially in Ameristan where the people are idiots and eat whatever shit the media spews.

Also that rumor needs to die, he simply did not like the way his music sounded on the Exodus and wanted to be uncredited. Wouldn't be the first time he'd go anonymous, like that time he had voice acted on the Simpsons.
>>
>>2946185
It's weird because everywhere else in the world didn't believe it and he could sell out an arena in seconds anywhere but America.
>>
>>2946215
Yeah. USA is the same country that wanted to oust a president for having sex with a woman. It's full of ass-backwards moralfags who are ready to lynch someone just over a rumor, regardless of the contributions they've done. I mean, Americans are still afraid of exposing women's breasts in public in fucking 2016. America really needs to get over its Christian brainwashing.
>>
>>2946234
>USA is the same country that wanted to oust a president for having sex with a woman.
Actually it's because he lied under oath.
>>
>>2946260
Still had nothing to do with his job so it was irrelevant at best. Why should anyone care he allegedly cheated on his bitchy wife?
>>
>>2946272
>Still had nothing to do with his job
lel
>>
>>2945735
>>2945741
Why are there so many underage on /v/ lately?
>>
>On December 2, 2009, an article in Black & White Magazine was written. This interview was with Brad Buxer, a credited music composer for the Sonic 3 soundtrack and long-time collaborator with Michael Jackson. In this interview, Buxer confirms that the final release of Sonic 3 does contain at least one piece of work by Michael Jackson:

>B&W: Can you clarify the rumor that Michael had in 1993 composed the music for Sonic 3 video game, for which you havel been credited?

>Buxer: I've never played the game so I do not know what tracks on which Michael and I have worked the developers have kept, but we did compose music for the game. Michael called me at the time for help on this project, and that's what I did. And if he is not credited for composing the music, it's because he was not happy with the result sound coming out of the console. At the time, game consoles did not allow an optimal sound reproduction, and Michael found it frustrating. He did not want to be associated with a product that devalued his music...

>And if he is not credited for composing the music, it's because he was not happy with the result sound coming out of the console. At the time, game consoles did not allow an optimal sound reproduction

>not because he was dropped
>ultimate damage control

http://michael-jackson.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_3

>Michael Jackson was originally brought in to compose all the music for the game, but at the very end, his work was dropped after his scandals became public.

[Pic related. He doesn't mind being listed in the credits with early midi bmgs after all.]
>>
>>2945762
with this attitude I really hope you're never even accused of any form of crime, because in your peanut sized brain your guilty upon accusation.
>>
>>2946369
Except all the songs in Moonwalker are midi-fied versions of Jackson singles; the game is an ad for the "real" versions of the songs.
>>
>>2946429
>midi-fied versions of Jackson singles
That's the point and they all sound much worse than Sonic 3. Why would he have a problem with the better sounding Sonic game but not the two worse sounding midi moonwalker games ffs?
>>
Michael Jackson didn't even make his own music, why the fuck would they have him make an instrumental track for a Sonic game?
>>
>>2946298
Sorry didn't realise civil court cases were so vital to running a country. My mistake. /sarcasm
>>
Jackson died, Sonic cried!
>>
>>2945278
>because they used MJs music anyway
Go listen to Hard Times by The Jetzons
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlMxnhJ3uvk

Don't forget Janet loved Sonic too.
>>
>>2945810
He'd probably post on /vr/ if he was still alive.
>>
File: michael_jackson_megacd_hoax.jpg (137KB, 937x831px) Image search: [Google]
michael_jackson_megacd_hoax.jpg
137KB, 937x831px
>you will never get to have a sleepover with your bf MJ and play Sega games all day.
>>
File: 1452991617971.jpg (115KB, 837x607px) Image search: [Google]
1452991617971.jpg
115KB, 837x607px
What if the child molestation accusations never happened? Would Jackson have worked on future games and become a staple in the Sonic franchise?
>>
>>2946570
the chuck Norris version was better.
>>
File: mj.jpg (23KB, 368x276px) Image search: [Google]
mj.jpg
23KB, 368x276px
>>2946571
He was still in future games even after the pedo shit.

Sega always loved him.
>>
>>2945278
MJ's arcade was fucking amazing.
http://www.pinsane2.com/pinorama/events/MJ_09/kr/michael_jackson_arcade_entry.html
>>
>>2945228
>>2945181
Did Frederator wrote that article?
>>
>>2945739
That's not fucking why, MJ decided to go anonymous because he wasn't fond of the way his music sounded on the genesis sound chip.
>>
>>2946693
>more damage control
We've already been over this. Read the thread.
>>
>>2945913
Why is there always this retard who doesn't understand sampling? Even Daft Punk doesn't credit all their samples.
>>
>>2946708
No you
>>
>>2946495
Because Jackson didn't work on the Moonwalker game to compose new tracks. That's why.
>>
Reminder that MJ's DnB and pop style tracks didn't suit Sonic and the Windows port's music is much better than his songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_fty2AnnuI
>>
>>2946734
>trying this hard
>>
>>2946723
Old tracks are still his music on non optimal sound reproduction machines, anon-chan. Holy shit!

>>2946721
No, seriously, there are some interesting arguments on both sides. Watch the videos and read the articles posted as well. I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle.
>>
>>2946740
>implying it ain't true
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_3wxsCcfxQ

So much catchier than G-G-GO GO GO GO.
>>
We'll never know the whole truth because of MJ's death. I'm sure by now he would have said something about his involvement in the project if he could.
>>
>>2946734
Nice joke, anon.
>>
>>2946752
that sounds like clown birthday music
>>
>>2946752
That music belongs in True Love '95, not Sonic.
>>
>>2946752
fucking disgusting
>>
>>2946734
>>2946752

I hope they shot the guy who invented MIDI.
>>
>>2947173
>I hope they shot the guy who invented a useful instruction set that the entire music industry uses these days
Do you even know what MIDI is?
>>
>>2945181
Anybody got links to the S3 songs that MJ made?
>>
>>2947219
Miniboss/Knuckles theme
Launch Base
S3 credits (would be adapted to Stranger in Moscow)
Ice Cap (though it was his assistant's song from Jetzons)
Multiplayer menu theme
Carnival Night theme
Possibly Marble Garden and Hydrocity
Maybe others?
>>
>>2946429
>the game is an ad for the "real" versions of the songs.
Well he could have done the same thing with the Sonic 3 songs.
>>
>>2945278
build wall
>>
>>2947173
And then you wouldn't have most of your favorite music. MIDI =/= shitty soundfonts
>>
>>2945181
>http://testkitchen.huffingtonpost.com/michaeljacksonsonic/
>My life story as an autistic sanic fanboy

Fucking sonichu fags.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.