[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we talk about retro games that were heart pounding and intense,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: battletoads-NES.png (379KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
battletoads-NES.png
379KB, 360x500px
ITT: we talk about retro games that were heart pounding and intense, games that kept you on your toes and challenged your skills. Pic related, the very last part of the turbo tunnel requires absolute concentration to beat it and I've manged to get past it only a few times.
>>
I can do turbo tunnel on autopilot. The fireball section of Volkmire's inferno is the absolute concentration you speak of.
>>
>>2943639

I never did find a discernible pattern during that part.

I just hugged the left side of the screen and dodged like a mofo.

You guys STINK if you can't get past turbo tunnel. You would shit your diapers at clinger winger or rat race.
>>
>>2943441

Ghosts 'n Goblins

Even if you know what you're doing there's still a chance the enemies will fuck with you. Always keeps you on your toes.
>>
>>2943657
Clinger Winger is "easy" on a CRT.

But yes, I've beaten Battletoads and Volkmire's Inferno still gives me heart burn just thinking about it.
>>
>>2943657
There's no pattern, the fireballs are randomly generated. What helps to know is that your hitbox is only on the bottom half of the sprite, so a fireball can go straight through Rash's head and you won't die. That's also why dodging them is easier on the lower half of the screen.
>>
File: KidIcarusLevel2-4.png (69KB, 2048x1344px) Image search: [Google]
KidIcarusLevel2-4.png
69KB, 2048x1344px
>>2943441
I know I'm gonna get shit for this, but this here had me sweating on the tiny block jumps.
>>
>>2943692
Why?
>>
File: Castlevania_Stage_15.png (20KB, 512x176px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_Stage_15.png
20KB, 512x176px
Pic related caused a lot of thrown controllers
>>
>>2944293
I figured most people wouldn't find this hard
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.