[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone tell me what the combo device was that had a Sega

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: seeeegaaaa.jpg (2MB, 4020x2300px) Image search: [Google]
seeeegaaaa.jpg
2MB, 4020x2300px
Can anyone tell me what the combo device was that had a Sega Genesis built into it? It was either an early DVD player, or a later VHS player that had an extra slot, remember seeing one on eBay a while back but didn't same the damn model or anything. I really want to add it to my collection even if it was a VHS player (still have tapes).
>>
There's the Laseractive, which is a Laserdisc player with plug-in Genesis addon (sold seperately). If you saved your laserdiscs and have 1k to blow (plus extra for the Megadrive addon), its a functional thing. You also can't play Sega CD games on it.
>>
File: 2qmdbio.jpg (71KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2qmdbio.jpg
71KB, 1024x768px
>>2939081
There was the Amstrad Mega PC, a licensed 386 rig with a built in Genesis
>>
>>2939130
Wasn't there a VHS or DVD version of this? Maybe my memory is failing me. The eBay posting was about 300$.

Laseractive is now added to my "must buy" list.
>>2939160
The device I'm referring to was actually a box that would sit under your TV like a dvd vhs player.
>>
>>2939081
>the combo device
There were many.
http://segaretro.org/Mega_Drive_consoles
>>
>>2939171
>>2939130
The Laseractive must be it, looks like ~500-600 on eBay right now....I'll be buying one of these fuckers next month.
>>
>>2939214
Be careful about that. Laserdisc players break easily during shipment. Best if it all possible to buy one locally. Though with something as rare as a Laseractive, that probably won't be possible.
>>
>>2939246
I'm not too worried about the actual Laserdiscs, this would be more for collecting the equipment purposes, but it would definitely get played. Maybe pick up a disc or two at Goodwill or something.
>>
>>2939260
Anime looks amazing on laserdisc, movies....well, I honestly can't tell much of an improvement over VHS. Being an analog format I think the reader makes a big difference, I have a nice VCR and a mediocre laserdisc player.

Just pointing that out because when I bought my player, I had to buy 2 because the first one was messed up during transit and hell if I know how to adjust a laserdisc optical drive.
>>
>>2939290
I don't do the Anime thing, but I still do VHS and obviously older game systems. My TVs don't support anything above 480p so I think this should max out the quality of video.
>>
>>2939302
I'm not huge into anime either, there's just a few 80s ones that I really like just for the beautiful animation and the general retro feel of them.
>>
>>2939306
>just a few 80s ones that I really like just for the beautiful animation

We're talking about Akira here, aren't we.
>>
>>2939308
I'm not >>2939306 but Akira was pretty cool, if there are more "Anime" like that I'd watch them.
>>
>>2939314
There's nothing like Akira. If you're looking for really excellent animation, though, I'll say Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, and Macross Plus. Seeing as you wouldn't get these recommendations from /a/ because they're all "mainstream pleb garbage" etc.
>>
>>2939308
I don't actually own that specific movie, but pretty much.
>>
>>2939326
On laserdisc, that is.
>>
>>2939290
Both the disc and the player are big factors in the picture quality. Some discs are just made better and use better sources.

For example, my copy of Goodfellas looks just as good, if not better than, DVD. Wargames, on the other hand, looks pretty awful.
>>
>>2939319
Patlabor OVAs have great animation as well
>>
>>2939687
Yeah, I have Alien 3 on both Laserdisc and VHS; the VHS looks better.

Got one of my favorite X-Files episodes on Laserdisc and it looks as good as the DVD does.
>>
betamax is where it's at niggas
>>
File: 4L_EdCFvNtt.jpg (41KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
4L_EdCFvNtt.jpg
41KB, 600x400px
>>2939081
JVC x'eye?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.