[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this game? Never played it but it's out on PSN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Thoughts on this game? Never played it but it's out on PSN Plus this month. It's downloading now brehs would like a general on it while I go through it. Didn't know that the Full Throttle and DOTT guy made it until literally this moment that I googled pic related for thread picture so I'm kinda hyped.
>>
It's good if you enjoy that sort of thing. I'd rate it 73%.
>>
Really cool game

Don't know what else to say about it really to someone who hasn't played it. It's a point & click style game with a neat story and characters
>>
If you're a fan of Full Throttle you'll love it.
>>
>>2938385
sweeeeeeet

>>2938373
>73%.
well that's an awfully accurate percentage you arrived at there. care to explain the reasoning behind it?
>>
>>2938363
It's definitely one of my favorite point and click adventures. It can be frustrating at times, especially towards the end of the game, and you'll probably think "how was I supposed to know to do THAT?" more than once, but the story, characters, and humor are fantastic. Interacting with everything and everyone that you can is worth it.
>>
>>2938393
20 for fun
20 for humor
20 for gameplay
9.7 for replayability
3.3 million dollars for Tim Schafer's kickstarter
>>
Anyone else wish Telltale would make a series based on Grim Fandango like they did with Monkey Island?

Or would that just ruin the magic?
>>
>>2938553
The monkey islands sucked cock.
>>
>>2938553
Telltale is bargain-bin trash. Their games are more like nostalgia-driven joke delivery vehicles than good adventure games.
>>
>>2938363
I liked about half the game. I think people overrate it, mostly because they really like the setting and characters, which is admittedly unique, but I thought the overall plot was too goofy to keep me engaged. The time scale was weird with big events happening very suddenly and jumps in location that made it hard to feel like I was following the same story thread.

I also think it has several lame puzzles, and I'm usually a defender of old adventure games in threads like these. I'd rank it lowest among the well-liked LucasArts games (Monkey Island, DoTT, Indy, etc.).

Also, Glottis is annoying is not funny. Really not my style of humor.
>>
Overrated in all respects.

I really don't get why it's regarded as the swan song of adventure games when The Longest Journey or Syberia are much more thematically related to what made Adventure games so popular in the first place. To me Grim Fandango was the Genesis' Duke. An old genre polished and popped up to unrecognisability.
>>
>>2938650
>what made Adventure games so popular in the first place
In the very first place, adventure games were text-based and about exploration and solving puzzles, so those are the things that made them popular. Adventure games did end up at the forefront of games trying to be cinematic and plot-heavy, but that's not how they started.

>The Longest Journey or Syberia
Ew. I understand why people like them, but that's a particular subset of fans. A lot of people find them overwrought, slow, and boring. Imagine if I said "adventure games were popular in the first place because of serious, quiet contemplation and puzzles involving mechanisms--just look at Myst". Some people HATE that type of game.

Anyway, as far as the "swan song" and Grim being overrated, I agree, and I think it's because it didn't sell well, so that makes it an easy hipster's choice (unappreciated!) and a marker for the "end of an era" even though that was just one studio and the games still got made.
>>
>>2938363
Pretty cool game, with very witty writing

But the gets way too much praise. Some puzzles are fucking annoying, and other are insanely tedious to figure out.

But thats the hallmark of LucasArts adventure game

Wish more adventure games stayed more in tune with Maniac Mansion, instead of Day of the Tentacle.
>>
>>2938363
Finished it for the first time this month because of PS+. It was fucking wonderful. It made me so happy. Granted, I definitely used a walkthrough because the puzzles are extremely obtuse and I just don't have that kind of time anymore. But the writing, voice acting, music, aesthetic, art style, grand scale of a narrative, it's all so unique and fascinating. I fell madly in love with this game.

also the platinum is stupid easy if you care about that sort of thing. You can get it in one play through.
>>
You have to remember, this is /vr/, where the standard reaction for everything is "it's shit". But I dunno, I found it incredibly enjoyable.
>>
Technically poor with the usual trashy point and click adventure gameplay where you need to follow the game's dumb logic and there is only one solution.

Setting, humor and characters were great though.
>>
File: mustachejpg-76065e8b0f7df0da[1].jpg (256KB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
mustachejpg-76065e8b0f7df0da[1].jpg
256KB, 2048x1363px
>>2938567
>>2938598
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.