[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this game suck? Or is it just me? Grew up in the NES era,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Tecmo Super Bowl.png (261KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
Tecmo Super Bowl.png
261KB, 360x500px
Does this game suck? Or is it just me?

Grew up in the NES era, but never played Tecmo Super Bowl. I tried it a couple days ago and the gameplay felt sloppy. Am I playing it wrong? Or is the game really just overrated?
>>
It was the first NFL/Players* licensed NFL game worth a damn. Therefore, it was fun and hype back then to finally be playing a good football game. Its popularity resurged in recent years due to the amusing novelty of hacking it to include modern teams and players.

It's not a good game, though. I never found it fun to play other than it being an NFL game and me being a football-loving kid. So, taking the subject of the game away from it, yes Tecmo Super Bowl is an overrated game as far as play quality.

*most of the players, anyway. Certain QBs were excluded from the game due to them trying to control their own licensing rights
>>
>>2938342
That's fair. I don't hate sports games or anything, and to be honest, I kinda like the original Tecmo Bowl. I find it has better gameplay.

The hockey games from that era, like Blades of Steel and NHL '94 aged so much better. Would you agree?
>>
>>2938351
I agree more or less. I probably had more fun with TB than STB as well.

And yes, hockey games were better. I preferred Nintendo Ice Hockey to Blades of Steel, but BoS was fun in its own way. And the early 90s EA NHL games were my favorite of all sports games. Those have a modern romhack community following too.
>>
I just saw this at a thrift store, and I just planned to bring my NES to a normie friend's house to get drunk and mess around with. He likes football, so I figured I'd go back and pick up this game if it's a reasonable price, but I'm not sure now after seeing this thread. Opinions??
>>
>>2938432
Get it, if the price isn't ridiculous. It will be a fun flashback, you can get nostalgic over teams and players from those days. Drunk normie funtime would be the best way to enjoy it tee-bh.
>>
>realistic style sports game

I'd rather have food poisoning.
>>
>>2938298

Two words OP

Bo
Jackson

Have fun
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.