[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does the game open up? Playing through it for the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg (45KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg
45KB, 256x255px
When does the game open up? Playing through it for the first time and I just beat Reno last night. When do you get to the world map and start really moving the plot along?
>>
>>2935841
Getting out of Midgar takes 3 to 4 hours.
>>
>>2935964
He's part of the newer generation, have some patience with him. Never showed a youngster some music to be asked about when does the song begin? (just cuz the first 30 seconds didn't have any vocals)
>>
I'm also playing this for the first time.

OP, make sure you set the ATB system to be active during animations and increase the battle speed by like a third. It makes the game so much better holy shit.
>>
>>2935841

If you've beaten Reno, that means you only have to rescue Aerith next. Once you're done with the best part of the game, you're free to leave Midgar.
>>
>>2935992
I think this advice should work okay in FF7, but be sure not to set the speed too high. You need to remember that enemy ATB fills even during attack animations. So with max ATB speed every monster is pretty much guarenteed another turn every time any attack animation plays. Causes battles to take for fucking ever. In FF9 you're actually better off LOWERING the ATB speed to get through battles quicker because the animations in that game are fucking stupid slow.
>>
just wait until youre in the flashbacks wew lad
>>
>>2936010
who? Oh you mean Cloud 2
>>
Is it okay if I have Knights of the Round before I fought the robot in the sub base paired with Preemptive materia to kill it in one turn?
What about using Knights of the Round on Diamond Weapon and ending the fight in one turn?

Is this approved?
>>
>>2937825
What do you mean by approved? If you want to cheese go right ahead man, it takes that long to get knights of the round I figure that by that point you've done your due.
>>
>>2937825
No, I do not approve of this.
>>
>>2937827
Chocobo raising is one of my favorite aspects of 7
>>
File: kongwut.png (303KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kongwut.png
303KB, 640x480px
The first time I played FF7, I was pretty young and thought the whole game was gonna be like Midgar.

>Mfw getting to the world map for the first time
>>
>>2937837
I loved it, I am a sucker for any sort of monster/creature breeding sim, I wish games like Monster Rancher were more common. I even liked Jade Cocoon, fuck the haters.
>>
>>2936010
>The part where you play as Cid and fly around gathering the huge materia with the triumphant as fuck highwind music playing
>Not the best part of the game
>>
>>2936010
did you mean "Alice" anon?
>>
>>2937837
Doing dozens of Chocobo races is such a fucking slog though. I prefer IX's Chocobo sidequest for that reason alone.
>>
>>2937878
Cid was such an asshole though, I found it really hard to sympathize with him when he treated his female companion like shit and his entitled attitude towards space travel.
>>
>>2937874
Jade Cocoon is actually really good and Jade Cocoon 2 is deep as fuck mechanically
>>
>>2937883
2 was the first one I played, my friend owned it and I went to his house after school everyday to play. That and ring of Red were the shit in the early ps2 days.
>>
>>2937882
He starts the game in a pretty dark place because his dream just got taken away from him. IIRC he eventually redeems himself with Shera later.
>>
>>2937892
Yeah, he apologizes for being an asshole when they're up in the rocket in space
>>
>>2937880
Mhmm. IX's chocobo stuff was some of the best.
>>
>>2940134
lolno
>>
>>2940213
What's wrong with it anon? Not into flamenco music?
>>
>>2940134
You gotta be shitting me. Chocobo stuff was only good in 7. The stuff in 9 was only better than 8's because 8 required a peripheral, and 10 as clearly the worst for chocobo stuff.
>>
>>2937883
Jade Cocoon 1 was amazing as fuck. 2 was bad.. almost unplayably bad.
>>
Update. Am currently at Ft. Condor. Didn't take too long to get here actually. Game's pretty good so far.
>>
>>2935992
Yeah I figured it out pretty quickly that setting the ATB up like this can cause the enemy to attack very frequently. I have it set to wait currently, is that what most people do?
>>
>>2942164
I highly recommend hitting Ft. Condor whenever it's convenient. You can get some awesome stuff there.
>>
>>2937883
That's weird, I bought it a while ago for like one euro (although the box isn't in great shape). Didn't play it much yet, though, but I hardly ever hear anyone talking about it. It also never shows up on JRPG lists even though the quality seems to be on par with some other PS1 classics.

It's weird, though. A game like Digimon World is worth a bundle and everyone seems to know it, but Jade Cocoon went under the radar. PS1 RPGs are usually worth tons anyways, so what happened?

I should really play through it sometime.
>>
File: 7m-backgrounds_116.jpg (59KB, 320x816px) Image search: [Google]
7m-backgrounds_116.jpg
59KB, 320x816px
>>2935841
Why do you want to know this? The magic of this game is its mystery. Even long time players are still finding things out about it today. My advice is play through it at least once without seeking out any more information, then look for secrets on following playthroughs. Honestly, you only get one shot at a first playthrough so just sit back, take in the music, the environments, the atmosphere, the story, and enjoy.
>>
>>2937825
That's pretty boring shit right there, bruv.
>>
>>2937837
but it is soooooo god damn boring.
>>
>>2935841
It gets really great right around the time you reach Nibelheim. There are plenty of arduous dungeons throughout the game but things just seen to get more enjoyable when you reach that town and the story picks up.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.