[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Let us go out this evening for pleasure. >The night is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: the night is still young.jpg (75KB, 640x415px) Image search: [Google]
the night is still young.jpg
75KB, 640x415px
>Let us go out this evening for pleasure.
>The night is still young.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2932780
I had to reverse image search just to find out what game that's from. I didn't even know it was possible to get a game over in SotN. You must really suck.
>>
>>2932780
I think it means, "let's go out and party, it's still early in the night"

Meaning you got a game over? Well time to turn off the TV and go out.

>>2932789
Or maybe he's doing a challenge run, thief mode, Hardtype romhack, or simply got surprised by one of the couple of enemies with strong attacks he didn't expect.
>>
well yeah you can die pretty easy when you first get to the inverse castle, since the damage enemies do likely outpaces your defense, you'll die in one or two hits depending on the foe.

anyway, the quote I suppose is psycho richter/dracula suggesting to his vampire concubines that they go out and burn a village or something so they can eat some children and have some fun with a big black magic satan worshiping blood party
>>
Nice memepost bro! You should totally post this on /v/. They'll love it.
>>
>>2932793
>>2932841
I think you're both right and it's meant to have a dual meaning - one that casuals will read into it and one that nerdlingers will read into it. Shit was edgy like that back then.
>>
>>2932793
>Or maybe he's doing a challenge run, thief mode, Hardtype romhack, or simply got surprised by one of the couple of enemies with strong attacks he didn't expect.

OP here. On my first playthrough a few years back, yeah, I totally did suck, to the point that Slogra and Gaibon killed me over and over. I repeat: Slogra and Gaibon.

Any time after that, only those fucking Nova Skeletons in the inverted castle (and, on occasion, at low levels, that living bunch of swords in the regular Chapel) can kill my stupid ass in SoTN.
>>
>>2932780
obviously you go out at night to fuck young girls.
>>
>>2932780
>The night is still young.

Are you honestly so underage that this is the first time you've heard this sentence?
>>
>>2932849
The sentence literally says to go out and have fun. Whether it means fucking bitches or committing genocide is up to whatever the reader considers to be fun.

>>2932789
It's easy as heck to die early on in SOTN, and it's not that hard later on either, especially if you don't know the soul steal spell (I don't even know if the game ever bothers teaching it to you, I played the moonspeak version). Early on you have no equipment and have to be careful to cheese every enemy so they don't hurt you. Later on, some levels surround you with so many flying little shits that you it's difficult to get out of a huge stun lock (best example is that twin tower with the water pipes and the nonstop flying medusa heads).

And also early on the inverse tower you may end up running into extremely strong enemies early on since you can take any path you want.
Saturn version can also kill you if you happen to wander into the extra dungeons too early.
>>
>>2933828
OP here, and no. I was more confused on who's saying it and to whom, since that would give me a good idea on what exactly is meant by that. My personal belief is that it's supposed to be Dracula saying that to a corrupted Alucard (even though there's no evidence to support any of that), with the idea being "let's go kill a shit-ton of humans".

>>2933835
You can learn Soul Steal by buying it from the librarian (although, like all spells, you can do it without going to him just by doing the button movements). However, I am utterly shit at fighting game special move mechanics, so magic doesn't do shit for me. Also, never played the Saturn version, heard that there's some significant load times and other technical problems despite the new areas and enemies.

Anyway, like I said, I rarely if ever die in SOTN anymore, and when it does happen, it's usually because of Nova Skeletons.
>>
>>2933846
>I was more confused on who's saying it and to whom

The game is saying it to you.
>>
>>2933846
The saturn game adds a bunch more stuff but is a crappy portjob so it adds more bad than good overall.
>>
>>2933850
But the game's not going with you to have fun. Unless the idea is to start back up again, anyway.
>>
>>2933862
maybe SotN wants to paint the town red with you.
>>
>>2933891
>you will never go out for a night on the town with your factory sealed copy of SotN
>>
Every poster ITT is somewhere on the spectrum.
>>
>>2932780
I thought it was a quote from Bram Stoker's Dracula. Or at least that it was meant to be in the style of.
>>
>>2932789
Why are you such a dick?
>>
>>2933850
Dracula is talking to his minions and vampire thralls, since there's no one to oppose him anymore with Richter and Alucard out of the picture.
>>
>>2932780
>What did he mean by this?

It means the same thing as "go home and be a family man". The game is telling you to get a life.
>>
>>2933846
I always thought it was Drac talking to Alucard after getting rid of his human side or something.

Also I don't seem to have problems with Nova Skeletons. They're pretty easy to avoid, even in the reverse Marble Gallery (I use Tetra Spirit/Soul Steal on them if I can't reach them easily).
>>
>>2933905
where ru?
>>
>>2932789
People like you are why everyone hates this board.
>>
>>2932780

Go out on the town, talk to a girl.
>>
>>2933846
Saturn version is amazing. It looks slightly worse, and a few graphical technical points are missing (like smoke or waterfall transparency, which is only a matter in a few screens anyway).

But the extra content is plentiful (new areas with new graphics, musics, enemies, weapons, moves, etc) and great. You can do double tap running in the reverse castle which makes the game a lot more fun.

The loading times between screens is equivalent to the load time you'd get in Resident Evil games when changing camera angle. It's nothing obnoxious. What's amazing isn't that it has those load times, but rather than the original doesn't.What I mean is It's nothing a PS1/Saturn player hasn't seen in most games of those consoles already.
>>
>>2935216
Man, if only Konami wasn't full of shitheads lately. Otherwise they could do a half-port half-remake to get all of the extra content in (and make it available for people outside of Japan) and make the best possible version of the game, like how Sega got the Taxman for Sonic CD (and the iOS versions of Sonic 1 and 2).
>>
>>2933835
>>2933850
>>2933891
>>2934110
>People who don't read books

>>2934786
This is a neat idea though that hadn't occurred to me.
>>
File: 1446821962021.png (42KB, 149x269px) Image search: [Google]
1446821962021.png
42KB, 149x269px
>>2932789
>>
>>2935229
The psp/ps3/360 versions are good enough imo. You get an improved Maria but lose the secret garden and the armory.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.