[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quake v2.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: quake.jpg (310KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
quake.jpg
310KB, 1024x768px
I love quake, I really love it.
I wish that the following would happen:

>Community picks out something like 30 - 60 levels that have been made over the years that can be split into 6 - 8 episodes that are thematically different.
>Each level is unanimously considered better than any content in the original game
>Levels are built into the episodes in a way that makes sense from a difficulty perspective
>New hub world is built to encompass the 6 - 8 episode portals
>Beginning of episode level is always a base map, which were one of the best bits in the original
>End of episode level is reworked to include a rune
>After all runes are collected, end level or level series opens up. Again, best level/levels as decided by community, ideally with a decent end boss/bosses.

Is this to much to ask? Almost all of the content pretty much exists already.
>>
>>2930916
Sounds line you should play Doom instead.
>>
>>2930916
The problem with the Quake community is that it has three different styles of game, hence the community is split three ways in a way unlike Duke3D and DOOM are because they effectively only have the one game to work with.

Q1 is radically different from Q2 is radically different from Q3, with all subsequent games borrowing from one of those three. Saying that, though, those subsequent games are either derivative of 2 or 3 - Q1 thematically and in terms of gameplay stands alone outside of its expansions, so it probably doesn't even receive a third of the community's attention - far less, in fact. That's a real shame because it really was the best one and its only real flaw is that it isn't the newest engine.

Also, again contrasting the more active modding communities of Duke and DOOM, it's fully 3D, so creating a map requires more time, and creating a GOOD map requires so much more than that.

Lastly, Quake 1 had FANTASTIC mods and maps made - the best Quake modders and mappers, though, used that expertise they gained working on Q1 to launch into professional careers.
>>
Quake I Full, Last Patch (1.09 & Gl 0.97) & Both Mission Packs:
http://pastebin.com/WzWP3DFc
ur welcome

if you are worried about infection with anything just run the zip through virustotal.com
>>
>>2931482
>Lastly, Quake 1 had FANTASTIC mods and maps made - the best Quake modders and mappers, though, used that expertise they gained working on Q1 to launch into professional careers.

Well for the last 2-3 years we've been seeing a lot of ex-professional level designers who got fed up with the current state of the industry and made a ton of stellar map packs for Quake 1. If you like Quake, you don't want to miss those maps.
>>
/r/ing the latest version of the quake infographic
>>
>>2932387
Thank u!
>>
>>2932689
you gave yourself an explanation right there. it's an industry now.
>>
>>2932689
OP here, this is the whole point of my initial post I guess.

I don't know enough about the community consensus of map quality/popularity I kind of just want to be given the cream of the crop in an easy to navigate package.
>>
File: ad_start2b.jpg (199KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ad_start2b.jpg
199KB, 1024x768px
>>2930916
Did you try Arcane Dimensions, by the way?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ad/news/arcane-dimensions
>>
>>2932824
Was hoping to get a collection of levels using same assets as base game, but just with a lot more complexity and improved design etc.
>>
>>2932824
This is fucking GOAT.

It's not just the best quake mod in a long time, it's literally the best mod in a hell of a long time.
>>
>>2937383
Mod or levels? Like, I'm sure the mod is great, but are the levels actually any good (and how large are they vs the original game?
>>
>>2932747
I second it
>>
File: raphaela.jpg (142KB, 600x902px) Image search: [Google]
raphaela.jpg
142KB, 600x902px
>>2930916

Quake comunity is strong in the single level custom made maps.

https://youtu.be/1L3XB7f_n1s?list=PLB827907AD18E9966

https://youtu.be/NNlJDTUwHC8?list=PLB827907AD18E9966
>>
Is quake 1 the best one? Why?
>>
>>2940675

yes.

because.
>>
>>2932824
Fuck this was good. Some of the maps wrecked me pretty hard though.
>>
>>2940489
Is there like a top 10 or top 25 best maps list as voted for by the community? I see there's loads of maps that all have praise, but I don't have time to play all of them. Where can I find the cream of the crop maps?
>>
>>2938850
They're some of the most immersive and detailed Quake levels I've played. The only think that comes close is Something Wicked or In The Shadows. There's even a bit environmental storytelling a la Dark Souls. Sock, mfx and scampie are incredible.
>>
>>2941381
https://www.quaddicted.com/tools/quake_injector
Use the Quake Injector with a good engine that supports large maps
sort by date of release, the more recent the better (usually)

sock, skacky, necros, tronyn are among my favourite mappers
>>
>>2941453
and forgot to mention all the maps have a pretty accurate 5 star rating
>>
>>2941453
>>2941459
Appreciate the help. I checked out quake injector a while back, but there are like 200+ 5 star maps, it's a bit overwhelming. That's why I was looking for a top 10 list, like, these are the best maps ever made...

Not sure if something like that would even get community agreement though.
>>
>>2932824
arcane dimensions is really good stuff.
>>
>>2932824
I see some hexen 2 assets, makes me just sad that hexen 2 doesnt have many mods to improve the game
>>
As a client, use a modern client. The official ID ones are shit.

quakeworld.nu
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.