[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>download SSF saturn emulator >only lets you run games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1451778322291.jpg (77KB, 600x650px) Image search: [Google]
1451778322291.jpg
77KB, 600x650px
>download SSF saturn emulator
>only lets you run games from a disc

whats the point?
>>
Well.

An emulator's job is to emulate.
>>
>>2930839
To cause inconvenience for dirty pirates like you, obviously.

Just get any disc mounting software.

Obligatory sage.
>>
File: Dbd.jpg (12KB, 268x244px) Image search: [Google]
Dbd.jpg
12KB, 268x244px
>emulating Saturn

you fell for it
>>
Japanese "muh piracy" faggotry is the point. They're huge faggots for adhering to the smallest social norm in public, which is why they're so fucked up in private.
>>
>>2930839
>emulating the Saturn
>>
File: 30FPS LOL.jpg (165KB, 892x706px) Image search: [Google]
30FPS LOL.jpg
165KB, 892x706px
at least this one uns them
>>
>>2930846
This. You're already settling for shit by using a Saturn Emulator. If you can't bother mounting an ISO, you can't really have wanted to play the game in the first place.
>>
>>2930839
Last time I checked Saturn games all came on discs, so what the fuck else would you want to run games from anyway? Boot the Action Replay cart and stare at its screen?
>>
>>2930839

>Download Saturn emulator
>doesn't run games for shit

What's the point?

Also why are modded Saturns so expensive? Why must I be so shit at soldering that I can't mod one myself? Life is suffering.
>>
>>2930943
Please tell me no one is actually this stupid
>>
>people on /vr/ can't use virtual drives
>this is why satyrn emulation sucks!!
jesus christ you guys
>>
almost all the replies itt are full retard mode

including mine
>>
>>2933430
dont trust console fags for emulation tips, theyre too retarded to use them
>>
>>2930839
It works with Daemontools, and AFAIK it's the only virtual mounting software that works with SSF.
>>
get a virtual drive and mount the disc image to it. select the virtual drive as the disc drive.

this is how most if not all disc system emulators work. you could have googled this.
>>
>>2931557
I was actually pretty impressed with SSF the first time I attempted Saturn emulation. The games I played (Darius Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon, and Radiant Silvergun) all ran great.
>>
>>2931557
Swap trick or pseudo saturn. don't need chip.
>>
>>2933542
>this is how most if not all disc system emulators work. you could have googled this.
Honestly, SSF is the only emulator I've used that doesn't accept bins/isos natively. Are there any others? I assumed it was just a Japanese quirk.
>>
>>2933656
What kind of pirate doesn't have a virtual drive already?
>>
>>2933669
Sure, I'm just saying. It's still slightly more convenient to not have to deal with mounting/unmounting, especially if you switch between games a lot.
>>
>>2930839
can i use these emulators to play actual Saturn games on my PC ? My Saturn wont run cds anymore and id be delighted if I could play some Daytona USA.
>>
File: 001.jpg (47KB, 490x582px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
47KB, 490x582px
>>2933656
ISO loading was always an afterthought
>>
pretty sure the reason he does it is because adding support for redbook audio off of cue files would add extra unnecessary work.
>>
>>2934130
yes, you can
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Wp2Qh0Tv0
>>
>>2934278
awesome, I am going to look into this. Thanks !
>>
>>2933656
>Honestly, SSF is the only emulator I've used that doesn't accept bins/isos natively.

MESS can't do it either.

SSF developer version can apparently load CDI rips though.

and cd image loading was always added later to emulators, it is becoming common in this decade because it is less and less common for PCs to have optical drives.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.