[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys ever paid a visit to that Graveyard Duck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

File: tmp_10051-duck-e1753362000.png (12KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10051-duck-e1753362000.png
12KB, 512x480px
You guys ever paid a visit to that Graveyard Duck?
>>
>>2930513
Its bullshit, I never live longer after he gives it to me. Also SQ is the retro game most in need of a remake.
>>
>>2930515
The "Redaction" hack does make the game a lot more playable...

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Games/Hacking/Hacks/SimonsRedaction.html
>>
>>2930524
I find the game plenty playable already, it's been my favorite CV since it came out. Really the only issue is the translation and that only matters your first time through. But I think a full on remake would be wonderful. No other CV is quite like it.
>>
>>2930524
>The "Redaction" hack
That's smalltime, this hack does everything "Redaction" does and shitloads more:
http://bisqwit.iki.fi/cv2fin/
>>
>>2930547
What does that one do?
>>
>>2930549
The main feautures are (re-)translates the game in both finnish and english with an autistics level of accuracy about the meanings of things:
http://bisqwit.iki.fi/cv2fin/diff
and for what's it worth it also reinsert the map feature the the FDS version. Also just like in "Redaction" the textboxes are much faster now .

There is also a complete list of changes at the bottom of the page I posted in my other post.

Also I have to give this guy a mad props for being able to chooce which translation and features you want for your patch.
>>
>>2930549
A lot of nifty gameplay hacks and fixes text grammar.

It's more faithful to the Japanese version but still includes lying characters and cryptic nonsense and internal jokes from the Japanese version... yes, including the famous Graveyard Duck.
>>
>>2930559
Okay, but it's still pretty much a translation patch? Those aren't very interesting to me.
>>
>>2930547
>>2930549
>>2930559
http://bisqwit.iki.fi/cv2fin/#imgen

This is the page in English.
>>
>>2930563
I glanced through the link but didn't see gameplay changes. Text speed and translation doesn't matter to me.
>>
>>2930567
>http://bisqwit.iki.fi/cv2fin/#imgen
Thanks. Some of the changes sound interesting, even if kind of useless like being able to switch whips. I like the sound of the in game high res map though.
>>
>>2930524
>suppose to simply re-translate the text to make the game playable without a strategy guide
>"Dracula's face has been redrawn. Many people complained that he looked like Death, so I replaced his face with the vampire graphic from the password screen."

What the fuck
>>
Interestingly, it comes down to color: The NPCs who tell you complete bullshit all are the same color.

If you want to avoid the lies, just ignore all the brown people.
>>
>>2930547

Er, no it doesn't. The translation is technically an improvement over the official one, but it still very much sucks, and isn't accurate.

Glancing over some of the posts related to the project, the guy also frankly comes off as a douche.
>>
>>2930513
Out of pure curiosity, is there any art of Simon Belmont paying a visit to a duck?
>>
>>2930681
>the guy also frankly comes off as a douche.

The guy who's working on an almost autistically picky re-translation of Simon's Quest comes off as a douche in personal relations? How shocking!
>>
>>2930674
>If you want to avoid the lies, just ignore all the brown people.

Wow, just like in real life.

SQ really was ahead of its time.
>>
File: Duck goes to graveyard.png (95KB, 1180x922px) Image search: [Google]
Duck goes to graveyard.png
95KB, 1180x922px
>>2930701
Will this count?
>>
>>2930717
I wonder, how does it feel knowing this is one of the last places anywhere you can freely be a racist dipshit without everyone making you a pariah for it?
fellow whitey here btw;)
>>
>>2930731
>>2930731
You went through all that effort and didn't do it in a graveyard?
>>
File: index.png (248KB, 816x716px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
248KB, 816x716px
>>2930739
I'm sorry.
This time I know I did it right. There are even tiny witnesses in the background.
>>
>>2930731
>Amazon stage
>Not Transylvania

You had one job.
>>
>>2930735
Sad, really.

Anonymity shows the true face of our society, never has such a large campaign of censorship ever been enacted in the west.

The old adage is true, no worse slave than the man that believes he is free.
>>
>>2930769
Except that for every one of you there are dozens and dozens of us. Which is exactly why you now realize how out of touch you are.

I have no illusions that I'm free though. I just don't think race is the problem.
>>
>>2930780
>Except that for every one of you there are dozens and dozens of us. Which is exactly why you now realize how out of touch you are.

You really are blind to reality. Isn't there a Bernie Sanders rally somewhere for you to go to?
>>
>>2930735
I don't care about race, just about how you basically have to tip-toe around blackness. Like if you ever actually acknowledge black skin and aren't black then you're already on thin ice. Really stupid.

But that's not retro games
When I imagine a graveyard duck I think of the song disco duck.
>>
>>2930804
I'm just saying, trying calling someone a nigger next time you're out in public and see how many people support you for it. Varies by region I'm sure, but it's getting better all over.
>>
>>2930812
That's probably because you're in America.
>>
>>2930804

Go shitpost your /pol/emics somewhere else, asshat. This has nothing to do with /vr/.
>>
File: Castlevania2_0115.png (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania2_0115.png
5KB, 256x224px
Have you hit Deborah's cliff with your head yet, /vr/?
>>
>>2930814
It's self-censorship.

Most people will agree but will put on an act to preserve their job, finances, children, etc.

Don't believe you are in abundant company.
>>
>>2930823
Meh, you're right.

Apparently there's a fan remake of SQ for PC/Mac which is supposed to be decent. Haven't played it yet, though:

http://nosolomods.blogspot.com/2013/07/juego-castlevania-2-simons-quest.html?m=1r
>>
>>2930827
Or many of us just aren't as bigoted.
>>
>>2930852
Explain Donald Trump's poll numbers, then.
>>
>>2930826
>no map included in the US and PAL release
>there are 2 places called Deborah Cliff on the world map
>the only one you're told of is the wrong one
This was the biggest travesty of this game. This and the invisible stairway leading to nowhere.
>>
Get a silk bag from the graveyard.

Duck to live longer.
>>
>>2931439
This anon gets it
>>
>>2930524
I'd rather play this one
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1032/
>>
>>2931815
That's a great hack. The game is actually fun with it.
>>
>>2931449
This anon has no sense of humor
>>
>>2930513
Get a silk bag from the graveyard.
<NEW SENTENCE>
Duck to live longer.
That's right, you're welcome.
>>
>>2932681
Yeah right next thing you're going to tell me Mew is real.
>>
>>2931439
>>2932681
False.

The creators and Japanese readers have confirmed that it talks about the Graveyard Duck (as in water fowl) in the original version.

If you want to make shit up, it's on you.

From Yada Bon, lead character developer:

>During the game’s development, I bought books and watched horror videos for inspiration, but then I remembered that I can’t handle horror movies very well, so there were a number of movies I never managed to watch all the way to the end. They didn’t turn out to be very helpful, I feel. I don’t care what anyone says, scary stuff is scary scary scary. So scary that I can’t forget it. I hate ducks. Because one time I kicked at one and it came rushing after me super-fast. Ducks scare me more than Dracula.
>>
>>2932738
>Accuses us of making shit up
>Cited quote in no way supports the claim that we are making shit up

The phrase "Graveyard Duck" isn't in that quote AT ALL, and the only mention of 'duck' is how he is SCARED OF THEM. Ask yourself, why would he make something he is SCARED OF a helpful aspect of the game?
>>
>>2932768
>doesn't read Legends of Localization

http://legendsoflocalization.com/digging-up-castlevania-iis-graveyard-duck/
>>
>>2932787
>http://legendsoflocalization.com/digging-up-castlevania-iis-graveyard-duck/

It's neat that that link put the quote into context, and that it at least confirms that the original text says "duck" also.
>>
>>2932738
>actually being afraid of ducks
>the one animal you could kick to death
elevens are so beta
>>
>>2930769
>never has such a large campaign of censorship ever been enacted in the west.
So those things with Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union weren't really that bad then?
>>
>>2935736
Russia isn't in the west.

Nazi Germany was a shitty place for Jewish people, but for the most part had a decent amount of freedom of expression for everyone not in the government's crosshairs.
>>
File: book_burning_zps7a4bb16d.jpg (42KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
book_burning_zps7a4bb16d.jpg
42KB, 480x362px
>>2936747
>for everyone not in the government's crosshairs

It's almost as if Germany were in some kind of, I don't know, war - like, perhaps with the whole world, though.
>>
File: bullard.jpg (34KB, 285x364px) Image search: [Google]
bullard.jpg
34KB, 285x364px
>>2936856

>with the whole world

Learn some history, the Allies weren't the whole world. Many countries supported Germany, besides Italy and Japan of course.

What you know, even some african countries supported Germany.
>>
>>2933962
Geese are by far more terrifying. Shitting, squawking and hissing nightmare creatures.
>>
>>2936747
>gypsies
>slavs
>gays
>cripples
>alcoholics
>commies
>anyone who took issue with what they were doing
>people who looked at them funny
Jews were far from their only victims.
And I would say the Soviet Union absolutely was part of the western world, East Germany, Ukraine, Poland, Czechoslovakia, etc. Lots of western nations were under the bootheel of the Soviets.

>>2936881
That's true, but they picked a fight with a fucking lot of people. It's called a world war because large parts of the world were involved.

>>2936902
Yeah, fuck geese, especially the Canadian ones, they're annoying assholes and pests, they come in flocks and shit everywhere. Also their shit is like fucking dogturds, rather than regular birdshit.
>>
>>2936949
>but they picked a fight with a fucking lot of people.

So did the allies and the russians.

>It's called a world war because large parts of the world were involved.

Yes which is why you're wrong when you say it was germany against the whole world.
The Axis was one of the 3 main forces behind WWII.
>>
>>2936959
>So did the allies and the russians.
I never said they didn't.
Hell, the Russians were at it for WAY longer than the Germans.

>Yes which is why you're wrong when you say it was germany against the whole world.
That wasn't me, I'm the other guy.
Germany had lots of allies and sympathizers.
>>
>castlevania thread turns into historical arguments about world war 2

Oh /vr/
>>
>>2938001

Not bad.

For a castlevania thread.
>>
File: Simon-belmont-captain-n.jpg (23KB, 482x356px) Image search: [Google]
Simon-belmont-captain-n.jpg
23KB, 482x356px
i never understood why people take everything literally in simon's quest. the instruction manual explicitly states that the townsfolk will tell you bullshit.
>>
>>2938239
I'm not familiar with Simon's Quest, but from what I recall the Japanese version townsfolk are apparently less cryptic. Maybe the manual saying that was the writer's way of conveying that the translation was all fucked up rather than the intentions of whoever wrote the game 's English script.
>>
>>2936902
>>2936949
This. Canadian geese are real nasty cocksuckers.
>>
>>2938239
>we fucked the pooch completely on translation
>it's ok if we say this in the manual
You were supposed to learn directions and hints from NPCs to progress, that the translation completely failed to translate that is a significant fault.
Much fewer people would have beat it (or gotten very far) if it wasn't for Nintendo Power stepping up.

>>2938971
Do they taste any good?
>>
>>2938285
>>2939809
That's a meme.

The original Japanese version had the exact same cryptic bullshit and lying characters... except with better grammar.
>>
>>2940385
>The original Japanese version had the exact same cryptic bullshit
Not to the same degree. There were legit directions and advice in the original, as opposed to the translation where EVERYONE lies or says nonsense.
>>
File: RabbitSigh.gif (566KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
RabbitSigh.gif
566KB, 500x277px
>>2940418
False.

Refer here:
>>2932787
>>
>>2940563
That's just one of the translated lines, what about the others?

From what I heard the game is supposed to tell you about kneeling with the crystal at the cliff in the original Japanese text
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.