[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I'm neglecting my genesis, but I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 8

File: 2016-01-19 21.21.10.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-19 21.21.10.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I feel like I'm neglecting my genesis, but I can't find any good games. Suggestions?
>>
>leaves discs lying face down on table in stead of in case

Suicide is always an option
>>
File: 2016-01-19 21.24.21.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-19 21.24.21.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Pic related, my games.
>>
>>2929449
Wow those are some bad Genesis games how did you accumulate this collection? Give Last Vikings a serious go or Shining in the Darkness I guess.
>>
Some of my favorites are:

Ecco the Dolphin
Rocket Knight Adventure
Phantasy Star IV
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Crusader of Centy
Vectorman
Shining Force
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
>>
>>2929453
Lost Vikings is nice, never could get into shining in the darkness though. The NHL titles are pretty nice tho. Besides that you're right, shitty collection. Mostly got these cause they were cheap or someone gave them to me.
>>
>>2929447
Kid Chameleon (play this on an emulator or re-release)
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Phelios
>>
>>2929447
Crusader of Centy and Musha.
>>
>>2929453
Hey man, Buster's Hidden Treasure is a great game.
>>
U should get da sobics
>>
>>2929447
Trash it and get a SNES. The genesis has no truly timeless games, only edgy shit that catered to cool kids of the time.

>>2929449
even your collection proves this right. Sonic, NHL, Sonic, NFL, Sonic, NHL, Hardball, Beavis & Butthead

Zoop is kind of nice, but that's cause it is a bare bones puzzle game... Columns is okay I guess, but the music would've been so better if it wasn't on the Genesis.
>>
>>2929476
>Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
It's a shame Puyo Puyo got reskinned and rewritten, all those characters and all that dialogue is really endearing.
>>
>>2929525
I feel sorry for you, it must of been hard living with a giant NINTENDO stick up your ass.
>>
>>2929536
Show me a single Genesis game as good as FF3 or Yoshi's Island.
>>
>>2929541
That's easy, Bahamut lagoon, front mission, Kirby superstar, punchou....oh
>>
>>2929541
Well you'll probably scoff but I think Phantasy Star IV is better than FFVI, and Sonic 3&K is better than Yoshi's Island

Both are great systems with great games, you're really limiting yourself just by siding with one. I grew up with SNES but I'm glad I went back and emulated Genesis.
>>
>>2929541
The Ooze is better than both those shits.
>>
>>2929572
Not him but
>fantasy star
Nigger I don't even know what that is

>sonic
Faggot can't even throw eggs, not even in the same league
>>
>>2929579
It's good you can't play it

>Yoshi
Babysitting beta can't even go fast, for a dino that's just pitiful
>>
>>2929572
Phantasy Star, I haven't played that, but I don't think it stands up to the masterpiece that was FF3.

Sonic 3&K is okay but it costs you two carts and every level has you doing the exact same thing (run, jump, beat a robot at the end), with different backgrounds and 2-3 per-stage gimmicks.
Yoshi's Island on the other hand has almost every stage completely unique - you throw eggs, spit watermelon seeds, get swallowed by a frog, have baby Mario running up on walls, have enemies playing baseball, dig a path in the walls to advance, touch fuzzy, get dizzy, ski, become a train and run on the tracks in the background, or become a submarine and shoot torpedos. It has more levels, and more varied levels.
>>
>>2929641
>Phantasy Star, I haven't played that, but I don't think it stands up to the masterpiece that was FF3.
Play it and see for yourself
>>
>>2929449
Here's your Rx:

1) Sell them, buy a decent flashcart.
2) Take some ComixZone and Dynamite Headdy.
3) Call me in the morning.
>>
>>2929541
JRPGs and kiddy platformers are boring tho.
>>
>>2929652
nuh uh
>>
>>2929463
Oh I forgot
Gunstar Heroes
Bonanza Bros
>>
>>2929463
>>2929657
And Streets of Rage 2

Hope I've been helpful, OP.
>>
>>2929476
>Kid Chameleon (play this on an emulator or re-release)
What's wrong with the original game?

>>2929463
>>2929497
recommending games that go for hundred(s) of dollars
>>
>>2929689
Oh I just use the wii emulator
>>
>>2929525
>Columns is okay I guess, but the music would've been so better if it wasn't on the Genesis
Columns is on the SFC, it sounds worse and has incomplete tunes, get fucked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=admQ2Ideh0M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cwmjmdovjg
>>
>>2929702
Well yeah, but when OP starts off with a picture of his physical genesis + games, it's implied he wants games to play on that specific one. He's looking for purchase suggestions, no doubt
>>
>>2929715
Well whether or not he can buy the good games isn't really my problem, he wanted to know what's good and I told him.
>>
>>2929579
>>2929641
Phantasy Star 4 is so fucking good, man.
It's this star wars/high D&D fantasy turn based RPG with badass graphics, music and story.
And all the story bits and dialogue are told in these comic cut out panels with the sweet ass portraits and fuck

Im gonna go play Phantasy Star 4
>>
>>2929736
how is PS3? I don't know much about the series, but it seems to be "the one people don't like". I'm not even sure if that's true, but 2 and 4 go for high prices while 3 is cheap. I ended up picking it up on a whim a couple months back but haven't gotten around to trying it out yet.
>>
Beyond Oasis
Castlevania
Contra
Crusader of Centy
Dynamite Headdy
El Viento
Elemental Master
Gunstar Heroes
Kid Chameleon
Landstalker
Langrisser 2 (Jap)
Lightening Force/Thunder Force 4
Monster World series
MUSHA
Phantasy Star 4
Ristar
Road Rash
Rocket Knight Adventures
Shining Force 2
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
TMNT Hyperstone Heist
Warsong/Langrisser 1
Wings of Wor

loads of other great games

Also get a Sega CD, lots of great games there too
>>
>>2929736
Do you have to play the previous 3 games for the story to make sense, or is it self-contained like the final fantasy games? I might check it out.
>>
>>2929754
>Ristar
>http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/sega-genesis/ristar#live-listings

wew lad, what the fuck happened here? I remember not wanting to buy it because 15 bucks was too much for my blood
>>
>>2929689
>What's wrong with the original game?
It's really long. No passwords or anything. ~1-2 hours if you know what you're doing, 3-5 if you don't.
>>
>>2929783
That's a fair point. Kinda like SMB3 in that regard. I remember leaving my genny for like 24+ hours to beat it when I was a kid. Didn't want to turn it off during sleep/school
>>
Toejam and Earl muthafucka
>>
File: popful.png (138KB, 1890x466px) Image search: [Google]
popful.png
138KB, 1890x466px
>>2929768
Retro vidya in general is ridiculous now, especially the good games.

I'm glad I bought as many old games as I did back in the day, it turned out to be a pretty solid investment.
>>
>>2929796
Yeah, but check out the spike on ristar's chart. It went from 20 to 50+ bucks overnight
>>
>>2929541
Kid Chameleon is the best platformer of the 16 bit era
>>
>>2929449
I just bought Zoop for PS1, a pretty solid game too
>>
>>2929453
nigga the man has zoop leave em be
>>
>>2929736
Wow, you're the first anon to make it sound appealing.

Guess I'm going to try out phantasy star 4 now.
>>
I feel the same way OP. I recommend RoboCop vs terminator it's really fun for the novelty and the graphics are pretty neat too.
>>
File: atomic-runner-usa.png (307KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
atomic-runner-usa.png
307KB, 360x500px
The second best run and gun game on the Genesis (the first is Alien Soldier).
>>
>>2929741
2 is probably the worst rpg I've played to the end. 3 is supposedly even worse. 1 is a good game for an 8-bit rpg though, and 4 rivals snes rpgs.
>>
>>2930218
(Replying to my own comment)

Well, saying that, psii does have a certain early-megadrive charm, I like the music (but there's not enough of it) and, of what little story there is in this game, its pretty good. The trouble is that it's mind numbingly boring, with ridiculously oversized, tedious dungeon layouts. The story consists of basically a couple lines of dialogue every couple of dungeons. Somehow the game felt less advanced than its master system predecessor.
>>
File: rocket knight adventures.jpg (188KB, 640x907px) Image search: [Google]
rocket knight adventures.jpg
188KB, 640x907px
I cannot recommend Rocket Knight Adventures enough. It is my favorite action platformer from that generation easily.

Other games would be Shinobi III, Mega Turrican, Streets of Rage 1/2, Vectorman, Gunstar Heroes, Contra: Hard Corps., Dynamite Headdy, the Road Rash trilogy, Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park Rampage Edition, and Ristar.

If you can get into shoot 'em ups I also suggest Thunder Force III, Wings of Wor, Bio-Hazard Battle, and Elemental Master. Only other one I can highly recommend is Eliminate Down but that is an expensive import.
>>
>>2929449

That's your problem right there, you have no taste. The sport games don't help either.
>>
Atomic fucking Runner
>>
File: The_Chaos_Engine_box_art.jpg (28KB, 283x408px) Image search: [Google]
The_Chaos_Engine_box_art.jpg
28KB, 283x408px
>>2929447
I will give you one if you don't mind paying the outrageous price. The Chaos Engine
>>
it's a shit tier system, so don't worry about neglecting it
>>
Warriors of the eternal sun
>>
>>2929652
Are you sure you're on the right board?
>>
>>2929449
Try out thunderforce 4 or get super hang on or the shinobi games
>>
Strider
Sonic
Revenge of shinobi
Mercs

These are all games that can be had for cheap.

Micro machines 2 or 96 are really good multiplayer games and are good challenges in single player as well. 96 is basically mm2 with some different levels and a level editor. Try to get a j-cart (cartridge with 2 extra controller ports) for 4 player. Micro machines is pretty common in Europe, I'm pretty sure they came out in America too but they might be less common.
>>
>>2930007
I really like Robocop vs Terminator, but holy shit are the bosses tough as shit.
>>
Altered beast ?
>>
>>2930379
Actually since you mentioned that I suggest Splatterhouse 2.
>>
>>2929447
Truxton
Sonic Pinball
Decap Attack
General Chaos
>>
>>2929453
Isn't it obvious? He probably bought some shitty bundle on eBay and saw all these shit games and was like "Wow look at all the games I can be super retro now!"

If OP had even done the bare minimum amount of research before hopping in the retro Genesis bandwagon he would have also realized that his Genesis is the worst fucking version of the model 1. Non TMSS and HD graphics or gtfo.
>>
Splatterhouse 2
>>
>>2929447
Powerbase and a bunch of mastersystem games, it's kind of weird but the Master System library was just plain better.
>>
>>2929804
Because there were about two carts left in eBay and some impatient morons started bidding $50. Now they ruined the price for everyone else because idiots are now posting $50 BIN that won't sell to anyone but the most impatient morons.
>>
>>2930445
There is no Genesis bandwagon. Check out the prices of Genesis games on eBay compared to SNES games. I'm not biased against Sega, I think the Saturn and Dreamcast have some great games, but the Genesis was honestly a pretty shit system.
>>
>>2930456
Gtfo out here with this bullshit. The reason why Genesis games aren't expensive is because autists have less nostalgia for them because most autists are Nintendo manchildren. Also in case you haven't noticed Genesis games are starting to raise in price by a lot. Ristar was selling for $50 and even common games like Ninja Turtles are starting to go for $50 loose. Honestly you sound like a bitter SNES fag that started collecting in the last year and is pissed you got fleeced into paying ridiculous prices for games you only played once and shelved.
>>
>>2930464
...how does any of that make sense? Yeah, I do collect for SNES and not Genesis. I'm not bitter about Genesis prices, I was just stating a fact. Genesis prices actually don't affect me at all because I'm not interested in those games. All I was saying was that there's no Genesis bandwagon like there's a SNES bandwagon. You said it yourself, Genesis doesn't attract as many autists. So no bandwagon.

That's not to say you can't find expensive Genesis games of course, check out what boxed Musha goes for.
>>
>>2930468
It makes sense because what clearly drives up the price of games is demand with a combination of rarity. Doesn't mean the games are shit like you implied. But coming in here and shitting up every Genesis thread you see and saying bullshit like Genesis games are cheap because nobody wants them, is just you desperately trying to boost your pathetic ego about the SNES games that you've probably purchased in the last 6 months. You honestly sound bitter that you probably paid $60 for a mediocre platformer when other people people who play Genesis can get 4-5 better games for the same price.
>>
>>2930482
Whatevs man. Do you know how many classic games the SNES has? LttP, FFVI, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger... people still talk about those games and they appear on every GOAT list. What do people outside of /vr/ talk about from the Genesis? They talk about how shitty the Sonic games were and... that's about it. Enjoy your inferior console! ;)
>>
>>2930456
>megadrive shit
Nope it's easily on par with snes maybe even better your just biased
>>
>>2930494
I think the Saturn and Dreamcast are excellent consoles. I had a Genesis as a kid and not a SNES, the Genesis was my only console for years. What bias could I possibly have? I just think it's library is significantly inferior to the SNES's.
>>
>>2930468
Snes games are more expensive because of idiot American manchildren and their gay youtube channels, actual retro enthusiasts care about all consoles and have been doing this before it became a fad.
>>
>>2930493
The Genesis had Phantasy star, Ristar, the good sonic games, Vectorman, NBA JAM, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Gunstar Heroes, at the time the superior street fighter port (6 button), the best Mortal Kombat and a whole bunch of other fantastic games, I don't really understand why the Snes's admittedly fantastic library would diminish that. They're both great consoles.
>>
Sega autists getting mad when people don't ejaculate over their shit tier system
>>
>>2929447
Get an Everdrive.
>>
>>2930505
>implying SNES doesn't have 6 buttons on the original controller
>>
Magical Hat no Buttobi Tabo! Daibōken
Decap Attack
Pulseman
>>
>>2930648
I like video games <3
>>
>>2930652
lel
>>
>>2930328
>SNES is all there is to retro gaming
Kill yourself.
>>
>>2930493
That is great and all, but why should I bend to popular opinion? I tend to like the style of games the Genesis offers. I did so back then and even more so now.
>>2930648
You mean when people just barge into the thread and continually stir shit. I personally don't go into threads just about the SNES to do so, but Genesis threads tend to devolve into this quickly.
>>
>>2929525
Jesus can we get a fucking Nintendo board or something to get rid of these retards?
>>
>>2930497

Then you're not familiar with the library or you seek out and play bad games like OP.
>>
>not a single mention of ghouls n ghosts
you're all faggots
>>
>>2929641
>Phantasy Star, I haven't played that, but I don't think it stands up to the masterpiece that was FF3.

Then how the fuck would you know you mindless drone?
>>
>>2932014
>Then how the fuck would you know you mindless drone?

FF3 is regarded as one of the best games of all time, Phantasy Star 4 is barely remembered by anyone.

Heck just look at their steam sales. FF3 has a bajillion reviews while Phantasy Star 4 has like five.

If it was a good game, then more people would give a shit about it.
>>
>>2932034
That's more to do with brand recognition and poor marketing.
>>
>>2932034
Popularity and quality don't have a direct correlation. A common example, Justin Bieber isn't a better artist than Tim Buckley
>>
File: dariusbait.png (59KB, 749x613px) Image search: [Google]
dariusbait.png
59KB, 749x613px
>>2932034
>>
>>2932034
My god, the anon at >>2932014 totally called you out. You have total drone mentality.
>More sales means it's a better game! Hurr durr!
By that retarded (or autistic, since you probably only speak in meme words) logic, FNAF or Ride to Hell are "good games".
>>
>>2932034

Don't forget the fat e-celebs too.
>>
>>2932034
There are better JRPG's on the SNES than FF3. Chrono Trigger did a more "linear" adventure better than the first half of FF3, Romancing SaGa 3 did the free roam world better than the World of Ruin half.
>>
>>2929741
Its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Although some of the worst battle music ever, and thats being kind.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.