[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pinball Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: pinballrow.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
pinballrow.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
This weekend I went to a big Arcade show with 500+ pinball machines, and it was fucking amazing. Every era of the game from the 60s onward was well represented, and everything was in great shape.

Talk about your favorite pinball machines, and if the thread is popular, i'll share some more pictures I took.
>>
File: who dunnit pinball machine.jpg (663KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
who dunnit pinball machine.jpg
663KB, 2448x3264px
Sounds awesome

I've had this pinball machine in my basement for nearly 17 years now, it's still absolutely amazing (not to mention you get to solve a murder mystery while playing it).
>>
File: wmsrow.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
wmsrow.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2927362
Who Dunnit was there, although I didn't get a chance to play it this year. They had nearly all of the 90's WMS games, and they were the most popular.
>>
Ever since I was a young man, I played the silver ball...
>>
>>2927348
Medieval Madness is my favorite, but the only one near me has flickery LED lighting so I don't play it.
>>
>>2927398
defect flickery, or cheap/dumb hardware flickery?
>>
>>2927402
>dumb hardware flickery
This. I see it on far too many pinball machines. PWMed LEDs look very bad, and it's especially obvious in pinball machines because the ball moves so fast. You need some analog filtering to make it look like an incandescent.
>>
File: givemeyourmoney.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
givemeyourmoney.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2927398
Pic related is my favorite, the music was turned way up, you could hear the chorus from the other side of the room. Of course, the Swords of Fury to the right is nothing to sneeze at.
>>
>>2927420
I've never played one myself, but the soundtrack is awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCKDvjVzpNQ

Love that FM synthesis sound.
>>
>>2927420
>Dat LION MAN

I can never not play Swords of Fury if I see it. LION MAN or CHALLENGE ME always puts a big dumb grin on my face.

Also, for any South Floridabros, the Florida Arcade and Pinball Expo is coming up.
http://www.floridaape.org/
>>
>>2927420
I've owned both of those machines next to it.

Honestly never been a fan of BK2K even though I usually like Steve Ritchie games.
>>
File: system11.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
system11.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>2927608
BK2K can get a little repetitive, with almost the entire game depending on right flipper shots, but I still like it a lot.
While I don't have a picture, there was also an original Black Knight that was in near-perfect condition, and lots of fun.
>>
>>2927626
Got one of those too.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.