[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nights into Dreams...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: Nights into Dreams (U) Front 1.jpg (303KB, 709x1181px) Image search: [Google]
Nights into Dreams (U) Front 1.jpg
303KB, 709x1181px
Finally bagged myself a Saturn and this game and hot damn I've been missing out. After I got past the initial "oh god what is happening" stage of figuring out how to play, I think I fell in love. Everything about this game is so unique and has that 90s Sega flavour in spades, from the satisfying sound effects when you fly through ring after ring to the gorgeous soundtrack. Really makes me yearn for when Sega were back in their prime.
The saturn's draw distance leaves something to be desired but this is easily one of Sega's best.

How does /vr/ feel about Nights?
>>
>>2924620
It's better than all the Sonic games (put together even)
>>
One of the better game from 5th gen.

Best Christmas game made.
>>
IN THE NIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS
DREAMS DELIGHT
>>
No offense but NiGHTS looks gay as hell.
>>
>>2924753

Would you like it better if it was less colorful and more muscle-y?
>>
>>2924753
I think you mean Asexual as all hell sir, both the male and female character turn into Nights

unless Nights is packing both packages which I really doubt
>>
>>2924761
>>2924772

The colors and the sounds are pretty froo froo to me, the way that character looks too, uber froo froo

but anyway i said it, I digress now and im out
>>
>>2924772
Androgynous is the word you're looking for
>>
>>2924781

Maybe someone could make a mod for Nights with more gritty colors and add Nights some muscles.
>>
File: Reala.gif (17KB, 258x354px) Image search: [Google]
Reala.gif
17KB, 258x354px
>>2924794
Reala is already pretty swole
>>
>>2924620
It's an okay game but it becomes less interesting quickly once you realize that you fly on 2d rails, and that the game has so few levels that you can beat it in an afternoon.

They should've added some content that involve just using the kids to run around in the dream land freely, without restrictions. Maybe center some levels around those, or even the level hub. If they used that to make the game twice as big as it is, then it would've been as memorable as Mario 64. Especially once you realize that the game can DO all of that, it just artificially limits you to flying via timeouts and a flying alarm clock trying to catch you.

As it is, the only people who give a shit about it are the faggot Sonic fanbase, who overrate it as all fuck because it was made by Yuji Naka.
>>
>>2924880
isn't that what the a-life system is supposed to do?
>>
>>2924880
They did all that in the second one. And nobody talks about the second one at all. It's actually a pretty good game if you don't use the waggle shit.

NiGHTS into dream is a great game though. It's perfect for sticking to arcade game play.
>>
>>2924880

It's an arcade game you colossal faggot. Sorry you couldn't get good at it.
>>
>>2924968
>arcade game
>console exclusive
LMAO no
>>
>>2924973
Your underage is showing. Not that anon either.
>>
>>2924973

The STYLE you fucking underage piece of shit
>>
>>2924620

Lucky you, to be savoring this gem for the first time.

Now do yourself a favor and follow it up with Clockwork Knight 2. Don't bother with the first one, 2 has the entire first game on the disc as an unlockable.
>>
>>2924890
>They did all that in the second one. And nobody talks about the second one at all.

This. Platforming as the kids was boring. I only did it to get to the NiGHTS stages.
>>
>>2925238
>Clockwork Knight
Game isn't as good as NiGHTS man.
>>
>>2925243

It has the same classic 90s SEGA feel OP describes and is for sure an underrated gem of the Saturn. 2 is also a big improvement/expansion on 1 in terms of the diversity of gameplay.

It's linked with NiGHTS in my mind, only because it's another one of those games that was such an unexpected joy when I stumbled across it, that I wish I could experience it freshly again.
>>
>>2925256
>It has the same classic 90s SEGA feel OP describes
Play Burning Rangers then.

Over the fucking top translated songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMyHJhe2ggM

Crazy graphics for the time

And a ridiculous story of space fire fighters with jet packs fucking monsters up while putting fires out.

Also the 90s FMV cutscnes.

That game oozes pre modern SEGA quality.
>>
>>2925262

The gameplay of Burning Rangers is inferior to Clockwork Knight 2. To the extent that they are comparable I mean, but BR generally does not handle well when compared to other third person games. Mostly the ambitious jetpack stuff
>>
>>2925268
If you play it like some forgiving modern game.

Get used to it and it's very fun just like NiGHTS.
>>
>>2925272

They are both good games. I don't know why this became either/or.
>>
>>2925274
Because I like Sonic team and Clockwork Knight isn't that great of a game.
>>
>>2925278

You are why we can't have nice things. Like Clockwork Knight 2 and a world in which Burning Rangers was never made
>>
>>2925284
Hey man I'm not saying it's trash. You're just talking about something to follow up a game that at the very least has a pretty crazy cult following.

I'd only recommend Clockwork Knight to someone that was specifically looking for platformers. It's ok. If you like its style it's pretty neat. Not really a unique game like NiGHTS though. Nor Burning Rangers.
>>
>>2924781
>froo froo

You sound pretty "froo froo" yourself.
>>
File: 2338298-hs.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2338298-hs.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
I love the game
>>
Would I be missing out on anything by getting the HD version?
>>
>>2925530
It's a good port as far as hd versions go but it's not perfect. Why not just emulate the saturn? Nights plays perfect on ssf
>>
>>2925262
You forgot
- godawful controls
- horrible camera control
- polygons are so jittery that the world feels like made of cardboard
- grand total of FOUR stages only.
>>
File: image.png (827KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
827KB, 1280x1280px
>>2925238
>entire first game is unlock able on part 2

Uh , no. I'm not sure what you are referring to, but there are no codes or secrets to get the first game unlocked on part 2. The Japanese have a version with both games on 1 disc, but it's unlocked from the get go. Clockwork knight 2 does have a boss rush mode that lets you fight all the bosses from the first game but that's about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (261KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261KB, 640x480px
>>2925238
>Don't bother with the first one, 2 has the entire first game on the disc as an unlockable.

Source? I have both, and I have never seen this. Would be cool, but again I'm gonna need source.
>>
>>2925712
I to would like to see this source.
>>
Ive tried to play this numerous times but I always time out and get F or D

how the hell do I play this right?
>>
It's a fantastic game. What keeps me coming back is that it's so pick up and playable.

You did good with buying the original Saturn version. There is a version on Steam, but the Saturn version is better. The controls on Saturn are more fluid than Steam's. I dont know why Sega hasn't gone in and fixed this, but they haven't.

The Steam version isnt bad, but the Saturn version is better.
>>
>>2925918
Think like it's a racing game.
>>
>>2926020
not really. in racing games you're supposed to finish as fast as possible. in nights you're supposed to create links for as long as possible without letting the timer get to 0
>>
>>2926035
But the sooner you make those links, the better your score is.
>>
>>2926038
the point is, you're not supposed to do finish the laps as soon as you can.

this is how you kick ass at nights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCIMZkv0zyU
>>
>>2925918
Get 20 chips as soon as possible, hit the ideya capture and use bonus time to rack up as many points as possible before hitting the start point to reset your time and begin the next lap.
>>
>>2926048
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCIMZkv0zyU
wow, that's impressive
>>
>>2925690
>- godawful controls
Controls are pretty great. Obviously never played the game.
>- horrible camera control
Yep you're underage
>- polygons are so jittery that the world feels like made of cardboard
see above
>- grand total of FOUR stages only.
And? There's a random element to the stages.
>>
>>2924781
>uber froo froo
closet homo
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.