[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on Solar Jetman? It's a pretty unique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: us_solarjetman.jpg (264KB, 628x890px) Image search: [Google]
us_solarjetman.jpg
264KB, 628x890px
What is your opinion on Solar Jetman?

It's a pretty unique game in the NES library.

Physics-based 360 degree movement. Big open levels with various degree of gravity. Pretty cool.

That last level/boss when it suddenly turned into a side scrolling shooter was awful though.
>>
>>2919423
Never played it but that's a pretty awesome title for a game. Sounds like a 70s anime.
>>
File: Federation of Space Loonies.jpg (329KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Federation of Space Loonies.jpg
329KB, 1080x1080px
Lunar Lander clone with many added gameplay elements. Unique fun title.
>>
>>2919423
>Pretty cool.
>That last level/boss when it suddenly turned into a side scrolling shooter was awful though.
That really sums it up.
>>
>doesn't use the gameplay mechanics you've learnt to use the entire game
>floaty controls and auto-scrolling in all directions
>one life, if you die it's game over
>last password was to the level before, which takes an hour to beat

Goddamn that last level was awful. I remember raging hard at it as a kid. I think I beat it eventually but it took many tries.
>>
>>2921860
>>2921935

>mfw the developers made Plok for the SNES, which also had a shitty final area that changed the game mechanics
>>
>>2921935
I beat it on my second try, but that second try was years later since on the first try I smacked a wall 2 seconds into it and died instantly and raged hard.
>>
It's a great game, a unique entry in the NES library.
>>
>>2921935
>>2922028
Well it IS a Tradewest game. I don't see many people taking note of it now, but at the time Tradewest was somewhat infamous for having unreasonably hard games, probably culminating in Battletoads more than anything else.
>>
>>2922174
>at the time Tradewest was somewhat infamous for having unreasonably hard games
What are you talking about? Before Battletoads they had this, Double Dragon, some sports games, and three generic arcade shmups which weren't even notable for difficulty. If anything, they were known for sports games at the time.
>>
>>2922426
And I should mention, Battletoads was developed by RARE, not Tradewest, and the Double Dragon was also just publishing rights, Technos made it.

This game wasn't made by Tradewest either, it was developed by Rare.
>>
>>2922437
Yeah but Tradewest is the company that got to have their giant-ass logo before the title screens. It's kinda like how LJN is known for shitty games even though they didn't actually develop many of them. And difficulty is subjective sir. Maybe you find Double Dragon easy. I can't get past the third level.
>>
>>2922473
>can't get past third level in double dragon
>confuses publisher with developer

Is this bait? No... This has to be bait, no one can be this much of an idiotic ass... Or can they?
>>
>>2922605
I was trying to point out that RARE was the dev, but this guy just doesn't understand how games are made.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.