[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So do any of you guys have one of these little guys? I got the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (178KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 800x504px
So do any of you guys have one of these little guys? I got the color model at a convention last year. Playing final fantasy 1 by memory was a great time. It's a shame it didn't do very well here in the states, because it had so much potential. Oh well. Not everyone wins, I guess.
>>
Didn't do well? It was never released at all in the US. Anyway, yeah, I have a monochrome model. Only one game, Engacho
>>
That little fucker has a TON of horror games that would have been a great time to play alone in the middle of the night of they weren't in a language I can't read.
>>
>>2914596
I call this "that one time I got lost while on vacation on Guatemala".
>>
>>2914586
>one
No. I have a box full. I also have a box full for FF and Gundam carts. I have a few good games as well.
>>
>>2914586
I'm interested in checking out the colorized port of SaGa 1.
>>
Saw the WS in a magazine and thought it looked cool. Never heard of or saw them anywhere else.
>>
It's such a shame. I really wanted to get one after I emulated the WS version of Medarot 1.
>>
>>2914790
do tell
>>
File: file.png (356KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
356KB, 500x375px
>>2914586
I wanted it for that one english translated Digimon game (it was the Korean version for some reason) but I never got around to buying one.

I will never know what the fuck is up with Ryo since his entire story were a series of games for the Wonderswan I'll never play.
>>
>>2915370

It's pretty nice, but expect a faithful and barebones port. There's no extra content like you'd see in other Square ports or remakes. Although the menu does allow you to view all monster meats you've eaten, nothing is obtained by filling out the collection. There's also a New Game+ mode, but nothing is different about it except for a crown symbol on your save file for bragging rights.

The WSC port of Romancing SaGa does add some additional content, although I can't remember exactly what. I think it was the first time the game had a dash feature, and I believe there was also a bonus enemy encounter somewhere.
>>
I have a black and white one I bought years ago, never got around to getting any games on it. I emulated the digimon games though and those are really great if you grew up with the virtual pets.
>>
>>2914586
I have the original and the color and about 8 games. I haven't played much of anything beyond gunpey and wonder stadium though, as I am not yet good enough at moon. I am studying daily though, and aim to start playing chocobo mystery dungeon this year.

Very interested to start exploring the quirky games on this platform. One big Neato game I got is Uzumaki, a game adaptation of the Junji Ito Manga. I'm excited to see how they turn that into a game.

>>2914591
Ew, gross!
>>
>>2916197
Romancing SaGa WS vs. Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song. Do you have any experience to input?
>>
>>2916205
>Do you have any experience to input?

They're two completely different games. Romancing SaGa PS2 overhauls the game engine and the way the party manages skills. Of course, there's also the fact that the environments are now 3D.

RS1 on Super Famicom is frankly going to feel sluggish with its absurd number of enemies constantly chasing your skirt tails, but I guess it's charming for its nostalgia. If you just want to experience the setting and characters, then the PS2 remake is probably your best bet. RS1's plot and character development are a bit thin, despite the large volume of scenarios and recruitable characters. The PS2 remake touches up the world and its characters with comparatively more detail.
>>
>>2916214
What about the WS version, how does it stand up to the SFC version?
>>
>>2916347

Nearly identical, aside from the dash feature and possibly some bonus content that I can't remember. There's no fan translation of this version available though.
>>
>>2915642
I was a stupid little faggot who snuck out while on vacation with my family. I foolishly thought that the entirety of the resort town would be safe, but I ended up in a BAD part by accident. My trip home was like a bizarre version of Pac-man from hell, except the ghosts were creepy Hispanic dudes who kept calling out "chica" and "caliente" (I'm a guy but I had longish hair then) in a weird chanting like the monks from Resident Evil 4.
>>
>>2916489
that's fine, I'm learning moon and want some more games to play whenever I get really proficient and start playing my WS more.

Speaking of which, anybody who can help me figure out the last two kanji on the second line? I have no idea what they're supposed to be.
>>
File: Capture.png (49KB, 669x428px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
49KB, 669x428px
>>2919449
shit, forgot pic
>>
>>2919452
観測
>>
>>2919490
fucking lol there's no way you can read that without guessing by context
>>
>>2919490
>観測

ありがとう

so am I right in inferring that that line (the overall dialog seems to be about luck/fate related events) is saying "seeing a falling star" ?
>>
>>2919519
actually I take that back, this whole thing seems weird. I mean, what is a milk pack and what does it have to do with a robot?
>>
>>2919530
Which do you want to do?
Make a robot out of a carton of milk.
See a shooting star.
Clean the bathroom.

http://www.meg-snow.com/fun/make/craft/
>>
>>2919548
wow, I was totally off on all accounts. Guess I need to study a lot more before I'm ready to play a game.

Even so, I picked up more than I did the last time, so I feel pretty good about that. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>2919572
No problem. Keep studying! You'll get there.
>>
>>2919581
Thanks, I'll keep working hard!
>>
so, dragging discussion back to the handheld...

This thing has no headphone jack, but it does have an expensive as all getout headphone adapter.

Is that adapter worth the money? Has anyone used it?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.