[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Slug thread? Which one do you like best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Metal_Slug_(cover).jpg (35KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Slug_(cover).jpg
35KB, 316x316px
Metal Slug thread?
Which one do you like best?
>>
3, the final stage is insane.
>>
X followed by 3. MS3 is sometimes too much
>>
>>2914502
>MS3 is sometimes too much
Care to elaborate?
>>
X > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 4 > 5
>>
X and 1. 3 is pretty overrated, and everything after 3 is inferior.
>>
Will there ever be another game?
>>
>>2914487
Metal Slug 8 when??
Not 3d bullshit SNK....
>>
>>2914487
You may think i'm joking but 2 is my favorite. Two is my favorite because I have more nostalgia for it than I do MSX.
>>
>>2914526
I doubt it since SNK is basically defunct.

I mean, Metal Slug basically got the EA or Ubisoft treatment with sequels shit out left and right.

>Metal Slug 1-6 on Arcade
>Metal Slug on Neo Geo Pocket
>Metal Slug Advance on Gameboy Advance

Pretty much all of them post X were bad. 2 is basically unplayable with 2 players because of slow down. X fixed a lot of the problems, and made it genuinely a better game, but it still has a lot of slowdown, which people seem to gloss over.

So the only really, fun, and enjoyable ones are 1, X and 3. 4 was just recycled everything. 5 introduced some dumb shit like new characters and while it's better then 4, all of them are better then 4. 6 feels kind of like fanfiction.

So just play the best ones. 1, 3 and X. The GBA one is alright, but it's not really a true metal slug since it's got health bars and stuff to be more of a handheld game then an arcade game.
>>
>>2914502
It gets overwhelming with so much craziness. It's an ode to imagination but I find myself preferring MSX just because it's more balanced
>>
>>2914507
>>2915723
Meant to reply you
>>
File: Maneater.gif (46KB, 115x48px) Image search: [Google]
Maneater.gif
46KB, 115x48px
3 is the magnum opus of Run and Guns.

X is pretty close as being the best

1 is simple and very enjoyable.

4-5 aren't very good. I haven't tried 6 nor 7.
I kind of wish the series would be revive if the right people are developing the game.

>>2914541
>SNK is defunct
Pretty sure they're doing great since they finally left the Pacinko business and returned to game development.
Samurai Shodown is apparently being revived by SNKP. So they're might be hope for a true MS revival.
>>
X.

3 is too damn long and I get burned out by the time I get to the final stage (which is the longest one)
>>
>>2914526
Yeah, a sequel to Metal Slug Defense.
>>
Currently playing through 1 on Steam. I can now beat the third stage without needing a continue. I'm having an absolute blast with the game. Any tips you guys might have?

There's an arcade nearby me that has it, I think, and once I get better, I think I'll try it on the original hardware.
>>
>>2916504
>I can now beat the third stage without needing a continue.
Yeah I've just about got that down, it gets quite a bit harder from there. Well 4 should be doable pretty quickly but I can see 5 and 6 taking a lot of practice
>>
File: Alien_Soldier_Coverart.png (200KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
Alien_Soldier_Coverart.png
200KB, 256x360px
>>2916328
>3 is the magnum opus of Run and Guns.
I don't think so, Tim.
>>
>>2916676
Alien Soldier isn't really a run and gun though. It's certainly not like contra or metal slug, that's for sure.

Of course, I have no idea what sub-genre to put it in, besides cuh-razy action boss rush shooter
>>
>>2916686
It's basically Gunstar 2 without the shitty gimmicky stages like Dice Palace, improved controls, and more amazing bosses. It even has a Seven Force. I'd call it a boss-rush run 'n gun.
>>
>>2916686
>Alien Soldier isn't really a run and gun though.
How come?

>It's certainly not like contra
Contra Hard Corps and Shattered Soldier (PS2) had a heavy emphasis on boss battles and short segments where you run 'n gun or have to defeat some enemies, and everyone agrees that Contra is a run 'n gun.

Alien Soldier is like that.
>>
>tfw doing the Metal Slug self destruct attack by accident
That spoiled a pretty good run. Is there any actual use for this attack?
>>
>>2916702
I guess you make a good point. It's definitely more on the fringes of what is typically thought of when talking about run and guns though.
>>
4 is the one you can become zombies and get fat right. If so then that
>>
>>2916740
Thats 3 bruv.

You can get fat in X too.
>>
>>2916740
That's 3.
>>2916504
I played through the steam version a while ago but it seemed off. I would get weird slowdowns and the online is much worse.
How well does 3 emulate on MAME? I'd eventually like to throw together a MAME cabinet and that'd be one of my first games on it along with X
>>
>>2916768
MAME is the best way to emulate these games.
Slowdowns are intentional and accurate to the real hardware.
If you wish to remove them you'll need mame cheats to overclock the cpu.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.