[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think there's something what makes the second generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I think there's something what makes the second generation great.
So what?
II generation thread
>>
so what was the FIRST generation? Maganvox Odyssey and the galaga, pacman and space invaders arcade?
>>
>>2912334
There's a special spirit about them at least to me. They come from a time the mere existence of video games was a wonder. They have a simultaneous fascination and fear of future about them, much like the early synth music and other breakthroughs from that zeitgeist.

Of course, that was lost when the campy kitsch of the 80s took over
>>
>>2912343
Pong clones. Arcades and computers don't fall under console generations.
>>
Games for them are either drict port of the golden age arcade games that were being made at the time or were taking all their notes from the arcades. Resulting in at their best games that are very simple so anyone could pick up and play and are difficult but never frustrating enough that you'll just give up.

It's almost the exact opposite of what modern games strive for.
>>
>>2912448
They were just rehashing what was popular in arcades and on computers. There were no creative console developers aside from Activision.
>>
>>2912456
I think porting arcade games of the era to such a limited machine required plenty of creativity. They aren't all home runs, but many are creative adaptations at the very least.
>>
>>2912456
>They were just rehashing what was popular in arcades and on computers

Did I ever deny that? I said point blank that most of the games were ports of arcade games or took their notes from arcade games.
>>
>>2912334
What was the name of the strategy game on Colecovision?
>>
File: 1395638338482.jpg (55KB, 410x380px) Image search: [Google]
1395638338482.jpg
55KB, 410x380px
>>2912334
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.