[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Nintendo Game Ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (3KB, 129x97px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 129x97px
What is the name of this cowboy game? In this video it says it's the first Nintendo game ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrtMGT3ffZc
>>
Sheriff
>>
Is it Sheriff?
>>
Are you sure it's not Wild Gunman?
>>
>>2907939

Wild Gunman was an electro-mechanical arcade machine so it technically wasn't even a video game until it came out on the Famicom.
>>
is it gun.smoke https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSkAc0uKvnY
>>
Are you guys sure? There was a version of Wild Gunman that had live action video in it before any pixelated games existed!
>>
Are there any retro Nintendo experts here?
>>
>>2907956

Yeah it used 16mm film. That was part of Nintendo's Laser Clay Shooting System. It was an electro mechanical game.
>>
I'm suprised nobody here knows!
>>
>>2907963

Are you completely ignoring my posts?
>>
What was the name of it?
>>
Why is Mario dressed like a cowboy?
>>
That's from Mario Party 3, right?
>>
>>2907929
it was called stop spamming your shitty channel
>>
Damn OP, it's not hard.

They created little light pistols that could activate electrical circuits inside other devices when shot. That was the start of the Kosenju SP series, which were light gun toys basically. You had a little gun or a rifle and shot at targets, like a bottle which would 'break' in half, or later things like a gunman or lion who would fall over.

Then there was Laser Clay, which adapted old abandoned bowling alleys into shooting ranges using the same technology, only on a projector. Instead of zapping a target, it instead picked up on reflections. Duck Hunt was realized originally by the same technology.

Another set of games (Nintendo EVR) made for different movie-based games where you bet on different outcomes to a movie (baseball game, horse race) and hoped your choice won. The video clips were randomized amongst a few dozen, so it really did create pretty different sets of events each time.

The game you're talking about is Sheriff, and it was one of their first video games. However it was not their first, as before that they had been (like every other JP company that wasn't Namco or Taito) cloning Pong, Breakout, and Space Invaders.

You could say that Sheriff is their first really original video game.
>>
Sheriff is not a live-action game!
>>
>>2907972
Why aren't you?
>>
But Wild Gunman was before that, right?
>>
Shut up
>>
Your gay
>>
Wow this is a horrible thread - the question OP asked could be answered with a simple Google search and the shitty youtube video was not at all needed for context.

Almost all of these posts are completely worthless too.

You should feel fucking awful for bumping a legitimate thread off the board for this trash.
>>
Donkey Kong
>>
>>2907929
>Hey, I'm Thwomp
>And I'm Thwimp
>And weee're the Thwomp and Thwimp

Is this you and your kid, OP?
>>
File: Big_dog.jpg (6KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Big_dog.jpg
6KB, 320x240px
custer's revenge
>>
The first-ever Nintendo game was hanafuda.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.