[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game boy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: gb.jpg (63KB, 574x960px) Image search: [Google]
gb.jpg
63KB, 574x960px
Hello ! i bought a classic gameboy a couple years ago with the screen really clean and nice without a dead pixels, today was cleaning my room and i find it with this rounded spot in the Lcd screen...

It have a fix ?
>>
File: the_ring.jpg (82KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
the_ring.jpg
82KB, 480x720px
>>2906635
>>
Oh don't worry, OP. That's just the Amiibo reader.
>>
>>2906635
was something sitting on it? looks like the screen protector is pressed against the lcd.
>>
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the LCD is wasted, something's probably leaking or you left it out in the sun for too long.

Funny thing is that dead stripes are somewhat easy to fix on DMGs. Scratches too, the protector is piss-easy to replace.
>>
No, nothing was sitting on it, my gameboy was in my closet, never caught the sun, I think that was the climate changes

Anyway thanks for the answers maybe im gonna buy another gameboy

Anyway thanks for the answers maybe im gonna buy another game boy
>>
Get a triwing screwdriver and open it up. Your picture is a bit fuzzy, but there is a chance that it is just moisture trapped between the plastic cover and the LCD. Do you live somewhere humid and lack a dehumidifier in your house?
>>
>>2906635
Very common problem. Basically no fix except for a new screen. Which you obviously aren't going to manage.
>>
>all these dmg problem threads
It's like we don't have a repair/mod general.
>>
>>2906967
repair/mod doesn't translate well in to the native language of newfags who just snuck into a country with internet
>>
>>2907038
You're right to think that problem would correlate to repair as a resolution is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>dmg
How long has this meme been around?
>>
>>2907158
Since the gameboy was invented?

DMG is the model Id number (DMG-01)
>>
>>2907158
>meme
Dot
Matrix
Gameboy
>>
>>2907186
>all
>lcds
>are
>>
>>2907276
See >>2907170

I can't believe anyone is this retarded. (By the way DMG stands for Dot Matrix Gameboy in case that was still too hard to figure out)
>>
>>2907307
Probably he was mixing it with damage.
>>
>>2907170
>>2907186
>>2907307
>people have always called the original gameboy the DMG ever since it came out
Uh, no. Nobody referred to the original gameboy by its model designation back when it was on retail shelves. The fact that your response is to explain what the designation stands for speaks volumes. You all sound like you either weren't alive back then, or you were too poor to have one as a kid. My guess is the first case, but either way, you clearly insist on calling it that because you read about it on Racketboy or are just parroting someone else who did. It would be like telling someone from Antiquity to call their time period that, even though they didn't back then. You're probably the same type of person who pronounces "NES" and "SHMUP" phonetically.
>>
>>2907451
Yeah, well back then there weren't as many versions of the gameboy as there are now (original, pocket, play it loud, light, color, advance, advance SP, micro).
Nowadays saying DMG is a quick way to accurately say which model you're talking about (the original).
Besides, here >>2907170 I wasn't saying that people called the original a DMG back then, but rather that DMG has always been a valid identifier.
It's kinda like if you have one screwdriver, would just ask for the screwdriver, but when you have many screwdrivers you would start asking for the type. IE: Can you hand me the small philips?
>>
>>2907538
>Nowadays saying DMG is a quick way to identify yourself as an underage hipster cunt
FTFY
>>
>>2908209
Nah, if I want to do that I just play the damn thing in public.

Except for the whole underage part. I can't fake that.
>>
>>2908297
You must be ugly as fuck kid. I can pass as half my age with the right outfit.
>>
>>2908506
You can pass for a seven year old?
>>
no one calls it the "DMG" they call it the "OG" faggots.
>>
I just called it a game boy.
>>
>>2908598
Under appreciated post
>>
>>2909210
>maybe if i samefag ill get a response
>>
>>2907158
>>2907451
>>2908209

Damage control
>>
>>2909326
>maybe if i samefag ill get a response?
>>
File: 2016-01-11-091052_1366x728_scrot.png (106KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11-091052_1366x728_scrot.png
106KB, 1366x728px
>>2909291
>>2909329
go on.
>>
>>2906705
this sounds like a poem or song
>>
>>2909329
As has been said by someone else, there are now other GB models out there. When I was a kid of course I just called it a GameBoy since that was all that existed. Now there are the Light, the Pocket, and Color (and if you go into NR, the Advance, the Advance SP, and the Micro). In normal speaking, any of these could be referred to as a GameBoy and it wouldn't really matter. When it comes to technical issues like repair, it is important to refer to the specific unit type, and DMG is an easy shorthand to clarify that you are talking about the original unit and not one of the later models.

Of course you could just type GB, but given the possible use of GB to describe a variety of GameBoy consoles, it helps to use a more unique abbreviation.
>>
>>2909367
>but given the possible use of GB to describe a variety of GameBoy consoles
Yeah, except that once the other models came out, people just called it "original/old gameboy". Using the model designation was never commonplace, and trying to explain it as "Dot Matrix Gameboy" is stupid because ALL the gameboys use dot matrix arrays (such is the nature of LCD screens), meaning that the purpose of the original designator is obsolete. Furthermore, using the "repair purposes" excuse is also dumb when the picture of the model is included in the OP.
>>
ITT: cunts

DMG is valid, you wouldn't use it in a normal conversation but on a board dedicated to classic consoles and games it seems quite fitting.

my gameboy
>which one?
my dmg, gbp, gbc, gbl,gba, gbsp
>i know exactly what you're talking about anon
>>
Throw it out.
>>
>>2911215
>sell it "as is/for parts" on eBay
Fixed.
>>
>>2909693
>my gb, gbp, gbc, gbl,gba, gbsp
FTFY
>>
>>2906705
>I think that was the climate changes
Similar thing happened to my PSP and DS, but instead spots formed closer to the outer sections.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.