[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a complete list of PS games never released outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: tumblr_llb6llQrbE1qhpq2do1_500.png (460KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_llb6llQrbE1qhpq2do1_500.png
460KB, 640x480px
Is there a complete list of PS games never released outside of Europe/Japan?
>>
There was a set of two images with japanese games and the ammount of language underatanding you need to play them that was often posted here on /vr/. I'll later search it
>>
>>2900890
That was limited to adventure games though
>>
>>2900891
Yet it's a big list worth considering imo
>>
>>2900882
Game?

>>2900890
Pics please?
>>
File: PS stuff.png (2MB, 2968x1725px) Image search: [Google]
PS stuff.png
2MB, 2968x1725px
>>2903128
>>2900890
I saved this image long ago but im not sure its what you guys are looking for.
>>
>>2903147
Thanks, have anything else? I can't read/speak Japanese, but I'm always keeping an eye on good titles for when they get a fan-translation.
>>
>>2903252
Nope, thats the only image i have on this subject.
>>
>>2900882
Does anyone happen to have Ultima Underworld translation for the PSX? I wanted to play it, but I can't play PC version.
>>
>>2903641
>I can't play PC version.
Why?
>>
http://web.archive.org/web/20150612022302/http://a.pomf.se/txooug.pdf
>>
>>2903645
I can't make run the PC version on PSP.
Or can?
>>
>>2903713
There is DosBox for PSP
>>
>>2903719
I know, but I don't know if game will run fast.
>>
>>2903147
>tfw all those games sound interesting as fuck
Thanks for getting me interested in things I'll never get to experience
>>
>>2903754
If you start learning Japanese now you may be able to play at least some of them in a year or two.
>>
Vaguely contributing, google "endaso blogspot playstation horror sound novels"
>>
>>2903683
Where can I find other guides like this?
>>
File: 1335350979454.png (6KB, 230x200px) Image search: [Google]
1335350979454.png
6KB, 230x200px
>>2903147
>>2903683
>still missing a lot of games that aren't even THAT obscure such as Murder on the Eurasia Express, R?MJ or Mizzurna Falls

We'll never get a full list of all japanese-only ps1 games, least have them categorized with plot summary and pictures.

Fuck. I'd like to contribute by scanning/screenshoting what I have, though - if someone were to start such project.
>>
More than anything else, I want to play all the weird and creepy-sounding detective games that are JP-exclusive. I would flat-out kill somebody to play through Machi in English. Guess it's time to start learning runes.
>>
>>2903754
>>2903252
日本語を勉強してみれば?

そがいに難しくないよ。毎日努力を重ねれば、さくさく進める。
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSlGv9aFk4o
>>
File: mizzurna-falls.jpg (360KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
mizzurna-falls.jpg
360KB, 700x525px
Why the hell this game wasn't translated? It looks so awesome.
>>
>>2904330
Because you'd play it and find out it's super clunky and lose most of your interest in it?
>>
>>2903128
>Game?
Hellnight
>>
>>2904483
funny enough i was just looking for an iso of this game, but it's not on emuparadise
>>
>>2904471
I was searching for this kind of game for a while. Detective story in a small town. Like Deadly Premonition, but for PS1. I need to give it a try later. I doubt that it's so clunky that I'd lose interest in it.
>>
>>2904506
have japanese ps1 games gotten fan subs before?
>>
>>2904514
Yes check romhack
>>
>>2904184
There's really good SuperFamicom lists, i guess because a SFC rom it's easy to translate.
On the other hand it's fun to still have unknown videogames waiting for be discovered out there.
>>
>>2904506
There's a good review here;
http://easternmind.tumblr.com/post/2906013149/mizzurna
And yes, it's exactly like a Deadly Premonition for Ps1.

>When going about the virtual environment of Mizzurna Falls, one mustn’t consider elements such as cars to be mere decorations appearing randomly on the roads so as to make the illusion more believable. Hard as it may be to believe, there is a character inside each car whose routine is quite precise to the point where we may follow a single resident during the entirety of the game.

This is fucking astonishing for a Ps1 game, two years before Shenmue.
>>
>>2904694
>This is fucking astonishing for a Ps1 game
As much as the PS is pretty overrated, it's also ironically pretty underrated in some aspect, there were games on it that anticipated by years if not decade mechanics that were "introduced" after it.
I remember when a lot of people used to make such a big fuss about the destructible environment elements in Demon Souls/Dark Souls, Blade Arts for the PS already did the very same thing a decade before them.

People vastly underestimate the amount of completely groundbreaking stuff PS games did.
>>
what was that one game that had like a life/dating-sim mixed in with tactical mecha battles?

I want to say not sakura wars because my memory is telling me it was something different

and I feel like there was something else that made the game intriguing but can't remember what it was
>>
File: 86556.webm (3MB, 750x564px) Image search: [Google]
86556.webm
3MB, 750x564px
>>2904805
Love and Destroy?
>>
I'm fairly sure this is complete

http://psxdatacenter.com/
>>
>>2904805
>>2904838
No, Gunparade March.
>>
>>2905021
it was this one
>>
>>2904838
just forgot the name of this game, anon
>>
>>2904805
>>2905021
Hayami...all units retreated
swap to manual mode

We're taking them all on

If we come back alive...
I'll punch you for not running away like you should

**All units are in the Gunparade March state!**
>>
Would Vib-Ribbon count? It wasn't released in the US until 2014 emulated on PSN.
>>
>>2904330
>>2903147
Man these cover arts..
>>
>>2907072
yeah japanese only horror games cover art is well, art.
>>
File: 5.png (32KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
32KB, 320x240px
>>2903147
Man that is such a weird way to describe ...Iru!

it's survival horror, kind of a mix between Echo Night and Clock Tower; but the action is very limited. I was able to beat the game without speaking a word of Jap, though I could never find the alt endings, and I was stuck on one puzzle (the 2nd monster blocking the path) for a long time, took a lot of trial and error.

It's a good game really.
>>
>>2907378
i really want this to get a fan translation
>>
>>2907535
There is a translation, but not in a form of a patch.
http://thisshitaintscary blogspot fr/2012/11/translation-iru.html
>>
>>2908463
I'm sorry those links are dead. I'll see if I can my friend to reupload them.

The problem though is that this translation follows a playthrough video I made, so it only translates one ending AND the text that I got; and even though I've looked everywhere several time I know there is plenty of text I missed.
>>
>>2900882
> We never got to be Japanese, and enjoy the golden age of gaming in its purest form.
> We'll never been weeb enough to learn moon runes.
>>
>>2908929
It's not THAT hard, actually. I'm doing it just to play these games.
>>
I learned it back when I was 15
Pic related by itself made it worth it, though back then I didn't really learn for a specific game

Wouldn't recommend learning it if you have other important priorities though
>>
>>2906003
Yeah, but it did came out in Europe so it doesn't count.
>>
>>2900883
Why wasn't this post end of thread?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.