[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stay a while and listen!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 530
Thread images: 47

File: Diablo_II_Coverart[1].png (166KB, 256x362px) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_II_Coverart[1].png
166KB, 256x362px
Old thread is here
>>2791834

Old Diablo thread is nearly at bump limit, so here's a new one.

Currently doing a warrior run in Diablo. Going to move onto Diablo II soon. I completed normal mode like 5 years ago and haven't played it since, and I'm planning to do a full playthrough up to the end of hell mode on battle.net. Anybody care to join me?
>>
Anyone have a working upload of the original?
>>
>>2880886
I got mine off of https://archive.org/details/Diablo_1996_Blizzard

The direct download is fairly slow. Haven't tried the torrent. If you're running something newer than XP then you will want to look at this compatibility guide: http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-13200.html
>>
File: 1450470719644.jpg (255KB, 798x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1450470719644.jpg
255KB, 798x1265px
If you've run D2+expac already, try doing a MedianXL: Ultimativ run.

Adds like thousands of hours worth of playtime and content, and awesome new skills. Also, the unique looting, disenchanting, and crafting system pleases my loot lust.
>>
>>2880832
I have a question for you guys. As a kid i played a lot of diablo 1 and hellfire but i missed the diablo 2 days. Many years later i played lots of diablo 3 but i still don't enjoy it after many patches and i didn't really enjoy the other arpg's on the market either. So i figured i could play some diablo 2 finally. I tried a bit of summoner necro and zeal paladin but they don't really seem fun. I am playing solo because i have no friends and on bnet currently.

So my question is which builds are good for solo play on the different difficulties? I also need to know exactly which skills to level and the stats too. I will be using gear i have found myself since new account and all.
>>
>>2880935
>Summoner Necro
You've gotta make sure you're doing it right.
Ignore the Poison/Bone tree until late NM or even Hell mode.
Drop enough points in Curses to get Decrepify at 24.
Max out Summon Skeleton & Mastery ASAP.
Drop 1 point in Clay Golem -- easy way to add a slow effect to bosses in addition to Decrepify and is cheap to re-cast; add more later if you like.
Invest a few points in Revive for Hell mode, similarly, pick up Dim Vision to shut down Hell mode ranged units and save your ass.
Don't forget your Act 2 NM Might merc.
Try to get yourself a decent wand with +3 Summon Skeleton, Mastery, and/or Amplify Damage while wandering around Act 1. It can easily last you until mid- to late-game uniques drop.
You can always load up on MF% gear (since your army does the work for you) and clear areas for drops. Hell Worldstone Keep was always a gold mine for me, though there are lower areas with the same ilvl drops.

>Zeal Paladin
Did you pick up an elemental aura in addition to Zeal? Holy Freeze works well against most (non-cold-immune) enemies. Combine it with items that have Crushing Blow and you can murder things rather quickly. Again, the order of skill investment can change how you feel about things.
1 point in Zeal until you have reliable mana recovery.
Dump into Resist Cold for aura synergy until you pick up Holy Freeze, then pump both for damage.
Any Act 2 merc can help you out -- Defiance and Blessed Aim are both nice for early-game solo work, Prayer is okay-ish.
Save items with the Crushing Blow attribute, even if they're not top-of-the-line; works well against bosses and cold immune targets.
>>
>>2881038
>Ignore the Poison/Bone tree until late NM or even Hell mode.
Forgot to expand on this -- all you need from P/B is Corpse Explosion, but the mana cost is rather steep for early levels when your skeletons can handle most enemies. Leave it alone until Hell and then pair it with a large Amplify Damage blanket to clear the screen.

If you happen to find yourself dying frequently, you might want to look at Bone Armor and its synergies, but you should be relatively safe without it.
>>
>>2881038
>>2881078
Bone Armor didn't help me so much.

I think I've read somewhere that Ladder is more difficult than singleplayer, but Summoner is fragile as hell. Optimally you shouldn't and can't get hit behind the wall of skellies, merc, revives etc but Gloams proved pain in the ass + Vaught Vipers.

Actually anything that can hit you can rape you pretty badly. I've mostly got in trouble by carelessly teleporting around, as I've had Naj Puzzler before Enigma, you can't shield with Naj. Few hits and they take quarters of your HP, insanely easy to get killed.

I reckon shit is solved by using Dim Vision in front of yourself but I guess I'm too unwilling to play slow and/or care :D
>>
>>2881110
>I reckon shit is solved by using Dim Vision in front of yourself but I guess I'm too unwilling to play slow and/or care :D

Then you'll probably want to avoid the Summoner approach, as it's the slow, methodical, murder-everything-because-you-can build. The Frost Zealot, provided you pick up Holy Shield for the block/defense boost, should allow you to walk into most situations without worry.

There's always the go-to build for Blessed Hammer, but it can be pretty gear-dependent.
>>
>>2881038
>>2881078
>>2881116
Thanks for the information. I was actually asking for different classes or builds because i tried out those two and didn't really like it. Summoner necro was too boring for me because you only wait for the skeletons to do the job and maybe cast some curses.

I read some guide online saying that i should go for fanaticism and zeal but honestly paladin seems kinda squishy and not so fun, at least not that build.
>>
File: 043.jpg (32KB, 487x312px) Image search: [Google]
043.jpg
32KB, 487x312px
>>2881110
>Ladder is more difficult than singleplayer ?

Shouldn't be. Monster stats should be exactly the same and all runeword equipment in single player is enabled on ladder (most people think of it the other way around- i.e. "ladder-only runewords"). I have some pvm summoner advice:

To deal with tomb vipers, throw amp on Nihl and then dim vision everywhere. Nihl stays amp'd, and everything else stops. Blow corpses up before he does. If you are using enigma telestomp nihlathak and blow up corpses. Otherwise just blow up corpses. Vipers will gib promptly either way.

To deal with gloams/burning souls, max out lightning resist. It is cheap to do. Ort runes are everywhere. Pre-enigma, people like the runeword Smoke; pre-homunculus, Ancients pledge shield is basically given to you in act5-q2.

Spirit SWORD will give you the FCR+FHR needed to tele around, without needing a spirit monarch.

also, Resists > +Skills
>>
I'd love to play, already have an enigma for my hammerdin, but no one is fucking on.

Can a nigga get a trist run?
>>
I've always been interested in Diablo but never played it until buying 3 on ps4. I've been trying to get a character form every class up to max lvl before I play the late game, but I really feel like trying D1/2 out now.

Should I start playing vanilla? Anything I should absolutely never ever do? Anything I should absolutely do?
>>
>>2882187
Diablo 1 is a much slower, more atmospheric game than the other two. There isn't as much of a loot game, for example. In Diablo II after a while I found myself pretty much ignoring blue named magic drops and just picking up the yellow special ones, brown unique ones, greeen set items, etc.

In Diablo I, you just have standard white items, magic blue items, and unique brown items. Unique items are really fucking rare. Besides quest rewards, I think I've only ever found 2 unique drops in single player. As for blue items, unless it's something like the most absolute bottom tier items, like rags or daggers, it's always worth identifying them at Cain for 100 gold.

Because of the rarity of magic items, their stats are really useful. I haven't played Diablo III, but in Diablo II after act 1 a full set of blue armour would be embarassing. In Diablo I it's perfectly normal.

Diablo I's atmosphere means that the game is a lot more fun if you don't look at any information online, either on the wiki or on this thread. All I'll tell you is that the shrines scattered throughout the dungeon usually give positive effects, but can sometimes have permanent negative effects. For example, one particular type of shrine will increase the character's Holy Bolt level by 2, but permanently decrease their maximum mana by 10%. Yesterday I found a unique shield and was super hyped, until I used a shrine that reduced one of my items by 10 durability, and increased all of my other items by 10 durability. The item it chose was my shield, which was reduced to a pathetic 5 max durability and became basically worthless.

Also, I won't say which enemy, but there's a type of enemy on floors 3-5 that permanently reduces your max HP by 1 with every attack it does.

There's no potion cooldown in the first game, and its effects are instant, so stock up. Potions heal randomly 1-100% of your HP, while full potions cost 3 times as much but always heal 100%. I don't really bother with full potions.
>>
>>2881038
I'm a summoner necro and Andariel keeps fugging me up. What do?
>>
>>2882460
Where are your skills allocated currently?
>>
>>2882519
summoning, mostly skellies and some golem, 1 in teeth and 1 in corpse explosion.
>>
>>2882526
How many have you put in Skeletons & Mastery?
Also, character level?
You're going to want to probably level at least once for a point in Amp Damage.
Ultimately, you're probably going to end up just hitting "/players #" to increase the difficulty for more exp and grind out a couple levels, but I'll see what I can do to get you started.
>>
>>2882530
level 14
10 in skellies in total
I could just look for an Amp Damage/Iron Maiden wand I guess

What is that slash command? I'm a noob.
>>
>>2882537
Typing "/players #" (without the quotes) in a single player game will mimic the difficulty of having a set number of players in the game (whatever you put in place of #, between 1 and 8); it's a quick way to get levels by increasing the monster level.

If you -only- have points put in Raise Skeleton, you're going to want to use the slash command and grind out a handful of levels to get some points into the Mastery skill in order to boost the overall strength of your summons -- it'll help them survive a bit longer when Andariel starts beating on them.

All in all, have a few extra mana potions and keep your golem up when she kills it; he's handy for applying a slowing effect when he hits bosses. This will later stack with your Decrepify curse and any cold damage your mercenary might have.
>>
>>2882551
Neato

Thanks
>>
>>2882554
Glad to help. Remember, your skeletons will scale up with the game's difficulty mode (Normal/Nightmare/Hell), so capping off the Raise Skeleton & Skeleton Mastery skills will pay off down the line, though it will take some time to do -- it's roughly 40 levels worth of skills to invest, give or take the occasional quest reward skill point.
>>
>>2882554
Almost forgot: Only drop 1 point in Mages as a requirement for getting Revive. They don't have the same effectiveness as your standard skeletons as they're raised with a random element and rather sub-par damage.

You can use Amplify Damage to break through any monster's natural Physical Immune modifier (the curse doesn't simply double your damage, it reduces the enemy's physical resistance value by 100, which will remove the Phys Immune status more often than not).

If you ever need to reassign your skill points, you can talk to Akara back in Act 1 -- upon completing the Den of Evil quest, you get a free reset (once per difficulty level).
>>
>>2882572
How many points does Corpse Explosion merit in your opinion?
>>
>>2882579
None to start, due to the mana cost, but once you hit Hell mode, it's a good investment for 10+ points of screen-clearing death. Your 1 point doesn't hurt your build at the moment so I wouldn't reset just for that.

Similarly, in Hell mode, ranged units hurt. A lot. Don't overlook the idea of picking up Dim Vision later..
>>
How can I play this on a Mac without using bootcamp? I've tried Wineskin but could not get it to work
>>
File: d1hd.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
d1hd.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
D1 looks fucking amazing in HD
>>
>>2882819
That's neat, but doesn't it let you see all the enemies before they can detect your light radius? Kind of game-breaking, like having infinite scrolls of infravision, IMO.
>>
>>2882995
The enemies have buffed vision in Diablo HD and the dungeon is a lot darker so you can't see as far.
>>
Anybody down to play a game of D1 or 2? I'd love to play again
>>
File: mu taste.png (7KB, 561x153px) Image search: [Google]
mu taste.png
7KB, 561x153px
What are some other games similar to Diablo?
>>
>>2883343
Simcity
there's just less emphasis on weapons and churches, and you play as cain the elder
>>
>>2883480
What
>>
>>2881116
I actually liked Necro the most, as CE is area effect. Only problem is that bosses are slow, but that is solved by CB on merc.

>>2881168
>Summoner necro was too boring for me because you only wait for the skeletons to do the job and maybe cast some curses.

In Hell Skellies serve only as shield, they're next to useless. They take forever to kill mobs while Merc usually stabs time or two. I rely only on Merc to make first kill, then proceed to CE. Amp is first to cast of course.

>>2881174
>Shouldn't be. Monster stats should be exactly the same

Found this on Arreat Summir
>Ladder Games Have Increased Difficulty
>Ladder Games offer a more challenging type of gameplay than players will find in Normal Games. Monster AI speeds have been increased. Reaction times increased for Ladder Nightmare and Hell games. Basically every monster acts like a super unique.

>To deal with gloams/burning souls, max out lightning resist.

I've eventually negated Gloams in total by using Thundergod's Vigor, but I had trouble finding it. Before that it was almost insta kill.

as I've said, dim vision helps but sometimes I'm just too speedy to care :)
>>
Is there a more fun build than claw assasin?
>>
I haven't played D2 in a while, but is D2MultiRes still the only way to play D2 in widescreen? I know it's blasphemy to play it in Widescreen, but I don't care. I like the way it looks.
>>
Diablo noob here. I have never played a diablo game. I want to try out diablo 1. Is it better to play online or single player? Are there mods or anything? Should I just play vanilla?
>>
>>2880925
second this, i made a barbarian in the median xl server and i had tons of fun.
>>
>>2885729
Single player is by far the best as multiplayer cuts out lots of content.

As for mods, I'll recommend you give the original game a whirl, then you try out Belzebub after having killed Diablo, see how you find it.
>>
>>2882819
how do I get this on my PC?
>>
>>2886453
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=diablo+1+hd
>>
>>2886425
Thank you! So should I download a torrent of diablo 1 + hellfire? Is hellfire fine for a first playthrough
>>
>>2886759
Try Hellfire after you've had a run of regular Diablo, it changes a few things, and it breaks a few things (unique drops basically don't happen in Hellfire), I can't recall if there was an unofficial patch to fix this.

The two new dungeons are kinda cool, but overall, Hellfire isn't fantastic in all manners, though it's worth checking out.
>>
Trying to get Back to Hellfire mod working, but I'm using an ISO and it won't recognize it. Tried changing the virtual drive to the one the physical drive had, didn't work. Putting d2loader in the folder didn't work. I can use D2SE though, and d2loader itself loads, also Plugy with Median XL Ultimative works. but BTH doesn't work with D2SE. Anyone got a work around for this?
>>
>>2886807
Hellfire had like the worst voice acting, the performances are stiff, and the sound quality is low, feeling really out of place with the rest of the game.

The few lines that do sound good do so because they're recycled from the original alpha and beta, you can even tell because sometimes the context doesn't quite 100% match the new quests the townspeople are talking about
>>
>>2887316
didn't the guy who wrote d2se or plugy have a hardon for anti piracy?
maybe he fucked with how it works with pirated copies
>>
>>2889082
I don't know but D2SE and Plugy both work when I use the ISO, but BTH (which can't use either of those) doesn't, and neither does the normal D2 start icon.
>>
File: Frozenstein.gif (30KB, 89x94px) Image search: [Google]
Frozenstein.gif
30KB, 89x94px
How the hell do I beat this fucker and his posse with the sorceress? He's super fact, has instant mana burn hit, and is immune to ice (cannot be frozen).
>>
>>2890307
There are a handful of ways.
1 - Get help from someone who isn't locked to a single element, such as a mercenary.
2 - Kite them away from Anya and then teleport past them; killing him isn't required for the quest.
3 - Invest 10 or so points in Cold Mastery, which will drop his natural 150% Cold Resistance to a point where your spells can harm him.
>>
>>2890307
Fry him and his fluffy minions with your chain lighting.
>>
>>2890321
>2 - Kite them away from Anya and then teleport past them; killing him isn't required for the quest.
This is exactly what I did, but I still want to kill him for the dosh.
>>
>>2890321
3 does not work, the lower cold resistance skill can not break cold resistances no matter what. It can only lower if it is already bellow 100%.

The only 2 things can break elemental resistances, pally's conviction aura and and necro's lower resist curse.
BUT, when things are cold resist they usually have 151%+ resistance, and when lowering resistance on something that above 100% it is done with a 1/5 modifier, so to break that 151% you would need 255% of resistance lowering, in other words it's not going to happen. Blizz did this with the Lower Cold Resistance skill in mind so that you can't kill everything when a conviction aura is around.

TLDR: If you're speced in cold also spec in Fireball
>>
>>2890331
Boring but effective Frozen Orb/Fireball build, kills most everything in the game sans hell Countess

20 - Frozen orb
1 to 10 - Lower Cold resist (Less +allskills you, more points you should put in)
20 - Fireball
20 - Meteor
1 - Fire Mastery (Fireball gets a better synergy buff from Meteor then Fire Mastery after the first point)
>>
>>2886759
Don't bother with Hellfire. None of the new content matches the original game's quality and all of it sticks out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>2890336
What's wrong with hydra?
>>
>>2890356
WAY lower damage, can't control what the Hydra shoots. Have a fire immune next to a non-fire immune you want to kill first? Better hope Hydra's AI chooses the right one.

Hydra is fun, but not effective.
>>
>>2890360
I like its tactical impact though, you can use it around corners and such.
>>
>>2881038
Hint: Revive is fucking useless, don't waste points on it
>>
>>2890426
I admit the revives are annoying because they're so short lived, and dependent on available monsters. What do you recommend for a summoner necro?
>>
>>2890440
Not him but skellies skellies and more skellies. Necro is extremely tough but extremely boring to play.
>>
>>2890440
The main reason they're annoying is because they get stuck on everything and disappear.
It's maybe worth one point to summon some special monsters for bosses, but meh.

I go with skellies, mage skellies and clay golem.
>>
>>2890426
Unless you're in a maze, Revives make good meat shields. Also it's cool to revive really dangerous monsters such as Gloams just for the kick of it.
>>
File: ff1.gif (112KB, 255x231px) Image search: [Google]
ff1.gif
112KB, 255x231px
>bow amazon vs. duriel
>>
>>2890454
Mage skellies block your path, and the only way to get more than 8 regular skellies is with gear. I'm up to 10 skellies and 6 revives, with only 1 point in revive.

It doesn't seem to make any sense to put more than one point into any curse, so I'm wondering what to do with the other points. Maybe max out summon resist?
>>
File: 1363255043246.png (19KB, 276x325px) Image search: [Google]
1363255043246.png
19KB, 276x325px
>>2890568
>any sorc vs duriel
>>
>>2890572
>Maybe max out summon resist?
Good choice. Also put some points in Corpse Explosion.
>>
>>2890447
Only boring for summoners, bone spells are awesome and fun to play, especially in pvp
>>
>>2890568
Could be worth it to put a few points into some jav skills for stuff like that
>>
I love all of the new content in the median mod but really dislike some of the weird new skills. Necros with crossbows? Why don't they have death magic spells instead, they got a couple in ultimative and they are awkward to use and kind of suck compared to what other casters get. Totems are fucking boring too.
>>
>>2882819
is there such a thing without all the added bullshit?

currently I'm playing windowed. managed to get a nice setup with DOSBox + borders.
>>
>>2890338
what about barb and bard, though? imo Hellfire is worth just because of those two classes alone.

you can also pick from all three difficulties from the start and you get more spell books.
>>
>>2890338
I thought that I was the only one who felt this way. Hellfire was just gay.

I'm one of those weird dudes that prefers Classic D2 over LoD, too. I can still hold my own in Hell with normal set/unique items and exceptional rares. all the stuff LoD added is unnecessary fluff.
>>
>>2891262
>best act in the game
>unnecessary fluff
>>
File: Screenshot301.jpg (489KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot301.jpg
489KB, 800x600px
Good to see you!

I'm currently doing Baal runs as I am scared shitless of HELL! Any tips guys? I'm rocking charged strike and getting used to fend against psysical immune monsters.
>>
>>2881461
are you on useast softcore ladder?
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>2882995
It's rebalanced. Enemies can see farther and light radius doesn't let you see everything and most importantly you can't see through walls.

I've just finished playing the game by the way, well almost.
That screenshost I posted >>2882819 was from when I was starting.
Today I'm already at Diablo.
I'm actually letting the Map of the Stars power up to the max so I can see the Uber Diablo.

The best part about this updated D1 engine is how all the cut quests are implemented. The idea of cutting content disgusts me and any mod that restores cut content is goat in my book.

Why the fuck does /vr/ hate this? This is literally D1 the way it should've been.
>>
>>2890736
>totems ate boring
Theyre strong as shit though. Might s well call a vanilla trapsin boring. Plus it's easy as hell to respect and change your char in median.
>>
>>2892196
Well killed Diablo after letting him power up by waiting for Map of the Stars to reach full potency and honestly he didn't seem all that much stronger.
Finally done with this game, really loved it. I honestly can't imagine ever playing D1 again without Belzebub.

Now to play D2 with Plugy and MultiRes.
>>
>>2882629
Install wine proper or pirate CrossOver, the latter does all the proper configuration for you so you can just install the game and play it.
If your mac is old enough and still supports it, you can try installing an old version of OS X that still has Rosetta (10.6.8 is the last one), though it'll run slower because it has to emulate the PPC architecture.
>>
>>2880832
I heard a while back that someone was working on completely remaking Diablo 1 and 2 in the Diablo 3 engine. Anyone know what ended up happening with that?
It's something I'd be very interested in.
>>
>>2892783
That sounds like one of those project that will never go very far. Never heard of it but I wouldn't count on it.
>>
>>2886759
I actually really liked Hellfire, though that may be the nostalgia goggles talking. The new dungeons are neat and the boss at the end scared the shit out of me as a kid for some reason. The monk is pretty cool too imo
>>
>>2892783
Never heard about that. I'd give it a go, but honestly I think each Diablo game is awesome as its own thing.
>>
>>2892783
>completely remaking Diablo 1 and 2 in the Diablo 3 engine
Sounds awful. If I wanted diablo 3, I'd be playing diablo 3.
>>
>>2892217
Vanilla trapsins are boring though.
>>
I only own the digital copy which is default updated to the highest version. Is there a program I can use if I want to downgrade and play 1.09?
>>
>>2893451
Just pirate it and install the 1.09 patch.
>>
>>2891280
>gud amazon
Teach me how, master
>>
>>2893451
You can't play on battle.net with 1.09, IIRC. Anyway, I recommend what >>2893471 said.
>>
>>2893471
Where do you get the patch now? Blizzard removed them from their site I think.
>>
>>2893531
There were links on PCGamingWiki, I think.
>>
How to get Diablo 1 working online? Battle.net gives me the "latency of the game creator is too high", no matter who makes the game.
>>
>>2893451
you could use d2se which will allow you to play all versions of the game up to the latest version including 1.09.
>>
>>2893531
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=diablo+2+1.09d
>>
>>2892783
Was it a project where they planned to faithfully recreate the two games with spellbound in D1 and skill trees in D2, or were they getting the D3 skill system treatment?

I'd be interested in seeing D3 remade in D2's system with skill trees and charms that applied various rune effects.
>>
>>2893974
>spellbound
*spellbooks
Damn phone autocorrect.
>>
>>2886116
Is there anyone that still plays online? Not the OP but I wouldn't mind trying it out. Hell I wouldn't mind just jumping back into Diablo 2. I never was able to make a functioning Necro past NM.
>>
>>2893974
I believe they were going to use the skill trees from 2.
From what I recall, they were literally making the exact same games just with Diablo 3 graphics.

I've found some stuff online since posting in this thread but it seems like they sort of said they were doing it and then just didn't.
>>
File: ghoul touch 20ias 3ll 10cb.jpg (69KB, 470x285px) Image search: [Google]
ghoul touch 20ias 3ll 10cb.jpg
69KB, 470x285px
>mfw I just crafted this
>>
>>2894321
nice
>>
What mod loader should I use? I'm trying to play median XL using D2SE but I can't figure out how to use it
>>
Is there a working multires for B.net? The one for .12 works great, but obviously once you update it doesn't work.
>>
>>2895732
Multires gets you banned on bnet.
>>
>>2894321
how much you want
>>
Is there still any active pvp on bnet?
>>
>>2895807
>not simply "WUW?"
>>
File: scientists.jpg (19KB, 286x380px) Image search: [Google]
scientists.jpg
19KB, 286x380px
Anyone here know about modding Diablo(1)? I'm curious how to remove stat caps, change character models (sorcerer to warrior, etc), or if there is any old guides on how to do this stuff.
>>
So has anyone here tried "The Hell" mod for Diablo 1? I played until Level 25 Paladin (Warrior) before I installed the newest patch and had to get rid of the character.
>>
I'm new to Median XL, but I really don't like the the skill system works. It makes me not want to even play it. Guess I'm too used to the original.
>>
>>2896036
>WUG

Fucking unwashed pubbies. I'd rather play alone.
>>
About to reinstall D2 + LoD. What are some good mods that don't change the skills/quests/etc. but add stuff like ladder content, bigger/shared stash, and other convenient features?

Also, I registered my old CD version in the Blizzard store. Is it fine to just download the installers they offer or should I install from my discs anyway?

Thanks guys.
>>
>>2896525
Same here
>>
>>2896525
>>2897223
A lot of the skills are retarded, and the way a lot of the new areas are handled is retarded as well. Seems like most of the new bosses have some kind of gimmicky invincibility shield that has to be turned off somehow. The whole thing would be amazing if the skills fit the classes more and all the new content didn't have some stupid gimmick to go with it.
>>
I don't like Median XL at all.
Diablo 2 doesn't have much of an atmosphere to begin with, but MXL dumbs it down even more. It feels like some cartoony arcade game, without the slightest darkness or sense of adventure the vanilla has. Plus, the scale of everything (monster strength as well as yours) is extended to such a degree that combat turns into a test of reflexes rather than tactic.
Some of the new graphics are stupid too imo.
>>
>>2897260
Like the druid quillrat form, yes, I've always wanted to be a quillrat, now I finally can. I wish there was a mod that adds new content like that but in a more serious and diablo-ish way.
>>
>>2897218
Pluggy.
>>
>>2897298
Thanks, looks great. Plugy doesn't allow modifying of drop rates, does it?
>>
I think I might be Whirlwind-retarded. I can't get the skill to work for me, I just get absolutely fucking trampled, and my damage is piss poor, even with a good amount of points invested in the skill. Anyone experienced in making WW barbs that can give me some insight? Because making a horker sounds pretty fun.

Also, MXL is fun if a bit... crazy and messy looking at times.
>>
>>2897346
Don't think so. Stuff you can turn on and off is in plugy.ini.
>>
>>2897218
D2 Multires, but be warned that it's finicky to get working. The last 'official' update it got was for version 1.12, but I know there's a version for 1.13 floating around somewhere. I'd give it to you myself if I was at my desktop.

Be warned that it really is a pain in the ass to get working, so you may not even want to bother with it. I'm pretty sure it requires windowed-borderless gaming or a similar program as well. But D2 in high resolution really is quite nice.
>>
>>2897560
You basically need borderlessgaming and it's borderline an exploit if you're playing a ranged class because you can attack monsters without them fighting back. The game definitely wasn't designed for it. Plus, the UI is basically tiny which takes a lot of getting used to.
>>
>>2897570
Yeah, but I definitely prefer it. I love that eagles-eye view that the mod let's you have. 800x600 feels almost claustrophobic to me now.
>>
>>2893504
Use decoy a lot and when sensing danger spam potions like an idiot... it saved me a couple of times so have FullRPotions. A good tank mercis essential. Wanna see my items?
>>
>>2897483
I recommend doing short WW's, where you WW for a couple seconds and then change direction and kind of go back and forth over your target. Maybe use a shield too if you are getting chewed up.
>>
>>2897483
One thing to take in to account with WW is that weapon speed matter. Having anything slower then "fast" is WAY too slow.

This is why on the Immortal Kings set, the maul almost always has 2 Shael runes in it to buff the attack speed by another 40%.

Get a fast weapon, get crushing blow, be it from goblin tap boots or wherever.
>>
File: pepecri.jpg (53KB, 597x519px) Image search: [Google]
pepecri.jpg
53KB, 597x519px
>mfw Diabro was originally going to be a proper CRPG and not a clickfest
>>
>>2898313
Well it's a good thing they made it an arpg now isn't it.
>>
>>2898345
>isometric arpg
>>
>>2897556
I had a look and yep, no option for drop rates. Is there a good mod that works well with Plugy that allows me to customize drop rates?

>>2897560
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into it.
>>
>>2896217
I tried it back when /vr/ first got made. Played with some random anons and had a nice time. Liked the double-edged sword theme of uniques. Played an assassin or whoever the dual-weilding class was.

>>2897237
>>2897223
>>2896525
I think I see your point anons. It's definitely for the kinds of people who have played enough D2 to need something unique with flavor like that. I've never even gotten to 70.
>Try to make a game a couple days ago on US East.
>As soon as I join spam-bots are sitting there with me.
Really turned me off of the game immediately. Which sucked since I have such fond memories of Bnet but kept losing discs.
>>
Am I alone in this, or does anyone share same thoughts?

Diablo is very fun, killing enemies and looting is extremely fun and addictive.

I tried to keep an optimistic mood, playing morrowind, it was fun to slay enemies and find items, but truthfully I dont give a shit about 99% of them, I just run with something ordinary, and the enchantments are just annoying trash, I dont even know what to do with "20pt spell absorbation" and gay stuff like that.

Further disappointment came with oblivion, and more with skyrim.

My question is; Does diablo 2 have the best item and loot system in the world? It's like a rush seeing an item drop with unique colour as text, and the item itself have different colours, and they also have unique names, did they really make every single item individually?

Anyone with knowledge on the subject, please enlighten me regarding this.
>>
>>2898348
>>2898313
Fuck off frogposter, the action RPG we got was much better than the clumsy turnbased shit they were initially going for.
>>
>>2899018
>and the enchantments are just annoying trash, I dont even know what to do with "20pt spell absorbation" and gay stuff like that.
That stuff is difficult to you? It literally says exactly what it does.

That said, the Elder Scrolls series is a very different kind of game compared to the Diablo series.
Diablo is geared much more towards action, while TES has a lot more actual role playing, there's more than just killing (though there's plenty of that).
>>
File: 1435273765365.gif (335KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1435273765365.gif
335KB, 460x345px
Ok I like this please someone help me.

I played D2 like 7 years ago and finished offline, did I missed something?, like multiplayer stuff and those things?..I found out later that there was servers arround like In the old Mu Online or the recent Path of Exile and some nasty builds for pvp.

So yeah is there something about Diablo and Multiplayer that i need to know?
>>
>>2899119
Shitty mods.
>>
>>2899120

So Diablo was made for finishing the game offline and playing with friends on lan?
>>
>>2899126
Diablo II was made for online if you ask me.

They just started the new ladder season on November 24th, of this year, its still a heavily played game and still supported.

http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/19892049664
>>
>>2899119
>did I missed something?, like multiplayer stuff and those things?..
Online was kind of different.
It was very fun, but it also became VERY formulaic and samey, and spambots became more and more as time went.

I wish Blizzard would have paid a guy to go through the Battlenet channels every other week to delete all visible spambots and spam accounts.
>>
>>2899018
God, I fucking hated that shitty 'gold' unique item color scheme. Truth be told, I had a lot of trouble distinguishing uniques from a pile of whites. In fact, I'm sure I've missed a number of uniques while playing d2, simply because of that awful choice in color.
>>
>>2899395
I never had problems seeing it.
>>
>>2899395
Might be your monitor. Uniques always stood out for me.
>>
>>2899395
Maybe this mod helps: http://www.teamavolition.com/topic/297-mod-diablo-ii-color-mod-v113/
>>
>>2899007
I know what you mean, I played Median for a long time because I was so burnt out on normal D2 but even after hitting 120 and getting geared up for all the crazy shit, it would always just end up being a spammy zerg fest that my cool build would get wrecked in because it wasn't optimized with some weird gimmicky shit so eventually I just lost interest in that too. I would definitely prefer fewer but stronger enemies in an area than having so many I can't even tell what's going on. My clicking skills ain't what they used to be. I kind of do want to try again though. Been playing VtM Bloodlines every chance I get lately though so maybe after that.
>>
>>2899402
>>2899407
The problem has persisted for me across multiple monitors. I might just be bad at distinguishing similar colors, I don't really know.

>>2899416
In the past, I've actually edited the item tables to make the uniques more easy to distinguish. Maybe in the future I can just use this. Thanks.
>>
>>2899518
It's definitely you because it's pretty easy to distinguish between whites and uniques.
>>
>>2899518
>I might just be bad at distinguishing similar colors, I don't really know.
Well, color blindness is a thing.
>>
>>2899518
>I might just be bad at distinguishing similar colors, I don't really know.

Well, you might be color-blind to some degree, there are tests you can take.

Otherwise, do you play with really high brightness?
>>
D2 is my favorite game of all time. The best way to play I ever found was a sort of extreme challenge:
-Find at least one reliable and trustworthy friend to do this with
-Make new Hardcore mode characters
-Try and beat all three difficulties in order
-Must get every WP and complete every quest
-No grinding / repeating an area on purpose
-When someone dies, they may be looted and the party has to decide to: give up the run and restart, abandon the dead player, make the player catch up alone, or break the no repeating rule (once) to help them catch back up to the team
-Only play those characters when everyone is on
-All items are self found, but the group can share
-Never join public games (so no trading)
-No muling

Seriously fun, seriously hard (post 1.0.9). Try it out. It took months, and my group only finished it once. Loot is once again meaningful, big accomplishments feel real, you have to work together with bros, there are pants-shittingly hard sections that are high stakes late in hell that will need planning if you can't grind levels/loot like normal.
>>
>>2899661
>fun
Sounds like complete autism to me.
>>
>>2899716
stop liking what I don't like!1!
>>
>>2899724
Sorry for voicing an opinion that differs from yours. I'll try not to trigger you too much in the future.
>>
>>2899729
your "hurr, autism, durr" didn't add anything to the discussion
>>
File: af6.jpg (347KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
af6.jpg
347KB, 800x800px
>>2899729
>Sounds like complete autism to me.
>voicing an opinion
>>
>>2899661
I also like challenges. Like leveling up to 99. I still haven't done it, and Diablo 2 has been out for twenty years.
>>
>>2899747
Isn't that really tedious because you get almost no xp once you're level 95 or so?
>>
>>2899795
At least in classic you need an entire clan to support the character and play 24h.
In LoD it's too much easy.

After 15 years playing classic my max level ever achieved was 90 (hardcore).
>>
>>2899795
managed lvl 95 with a summoner.

did an autistic chart of runs needed for lvl 99 and got something like cca 2000, but real runs, nothing of that tele shit/baal only kill. also this was with annihilus10.

my route was clearing entire river of flame, cs, wsk plus I did the pit, and occasionally ancient tunnels. I don't remember how long it took me, probably half n hour, maybe less.

lvl 90-95 is something like 150 runs. you do the math for the next 5 levels.

best times were had when i've died three times in a row at lvl 95 getting raped by packs at throne of destruction. summoner just can't afford getting hit and those are lurking right at the entrance. I reckon it took out good 10 hours of grind. that revelation make me questions wasting time like this :D

stopped after I've built enigma, it was just too boring.
>>
This is gonna sound stupid, but is anyone else surprised that there's been no black metal themed mod for Diablo 2? I mean, there's a stupid mod named after an MCR album, but no black metal theme mod?
>>
>>2900072
indeed, it does sound stupid.

d2 for me is more of a epic heavy metal game, not black metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPAYS-jMyVc
>>
>>2900109
Diablo 2 always felt very Saxon to me, like Bloodletter, Wheels of Steel, and Crusader all feel appropriate for the later parts of the game.
>>
>>2900072
>>2900109
>>2900156
D2 and black metal go hand in hand
>>
File: 1452111407409.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452111407409.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
Servers are up if anyone wants to play and have a fresh start? Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1448694329913.jpg (140KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1448694329913.jpg
140KB, 700x600px
Who wants to a
Pay some d2:lod ?
>>
File: diablo 2 chibis.jpg (142KB, 700x469px) Image search: [Google]
diablo 2 chibis.jpg
142KB, 700x469px
>>2900776
>>2900771

US East or West?
>>
I discovered Diablo 1 HD Mod exists yesterday, this is amazing.
>>
>>2901037
It's pretty amazing, it takes the better ideas from D2 without a lot of the baggage.
>>
>>2900781
>Arrow appears as though it's going through the Amazon's face.
>>
>>2900781
Were dagger skills ever used?
I wish Necromancer had some scythe skills
>>
>>2900781
Sorry man west
>>
>>2901196
Sorcerer seems strong with the changes so far
>mana refillable in town
>resistance penetration skill
>FREE staff recharges that don't damage the capacity
>weapon swaps make charged staffs easier to use

I don't think I've ever ran around this long with the starting charged bolt staff, it transitions into WMD-tier pretty fast when it's not burned out by the time your charged bolt has decent levels.
>>
File: Necromancer.jpg (149KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
Necromancer.jpg
149KB, 1032x774px
>>2901407
What's your name senpai? Just made a necro but I'm still level one.
>>
>>2901856
Make a game I will join
>>
tell me your names faggots on west ill add you and we can play some dee two
>>
>the Diablo fight in HD Mod
"I might have gone too far in some places"
- Steven Spielberg
>>
>>2902646
Name is Keeks
>>
what's the best way to farm Adria in multiplayer? going in and out of the Catacombs?

farming that bountiful staff of apoc is breaking my balls.
>>
>fags hating on ultimative
try gitting gud
>>
>>2904129
is this d1 or d2
>>
File: 1451798644062.jpg (28KB, 461x576px) Image search: [Google]
1451798644062.jpg
28KB, 461x576px
>faggot brother took both d2 and lod
>felt nostalgic so i torrented it
>"There are compatible problems" & "Mount Play Disc" appears

Gosh Darn it to hell. I hate windows 8 and I hate this world
>>
File: Gaem.png (1MB, 1018x767px) Image search: [Google]
Gaem.png
1MB, 1018x767px
Got a game runnin faggots.
US West, have only talked to Akara.
>>
>>2904718
why did you leave faggot......
>>
>>2904695
For what it's worth, you can still find it at places like Walmart for around $15-20; Blizzard also still sells it digitally for $20. Just buy it and register your keys to a Bnet account to get it again if needed.
>>
>>2904863
Aren't there problems downgrading to an older version with the digital release? Just in case anon wants to use mods that don't work with 1.13d.
>>
>>2904865
Possibly. I still have my Battle Chest, so I usually install with the discs -- which start off at 1.09 or something, I think -- just out of habit.

I haven't tried using D2SE, but it might work with the fully-patched digital download.
>>
I'm not sure if I approve permanent elixirs and shrines being removed in HDmod, it was a unique feature amoung diablolikes.

>>2904504
>farming Adria in multi
Yeah, RIP
>>
>>2904679
D2 lod send me link to dl D1 if you want
>>
>>2904695
You must be completely awful at computers if you can't make it run on w8.
>>
>>2904545
I started playing median in 2008, played every version of it since then because there isn't much else to do with d2 after getting burnt out on vanilla but the complaints people here have are valid
>>
I never liked Median, it makes the game even more of a spammy clusterfuck where everything happens at insane speeds and all the numbers are dialed up to eleven billion.

Also the thing with the permanently missable timed quests is total goddamn bullshit to my ears.
>>
Does bnet or any private servers have any active pvp(at least on weekends)? Did any of you play on the d2pk server years ago? I miss that specific brand of autism.
>>
>>2904884
HD gets me mad every time because they lock the HD feature behind all their stupid alterations.

Just release the HD portion already and let me play vanilla at 1080p, fuck.
>>
>>2897260
wow, always thought how the atmosphere is most awesome in d2..
>>
>>2905478
I'm more upset about some of the alterations being good and some of them being really shit.

Towards the end of the game the bosses go fucking nuclear and spam shit everywhere, and I bet you can't even get all the cool spells for yourself either. It's almost a Path of Shit level shitfest at times instead of the more deliberate pace of D1, with bosses summoning more guys and shooting homing projectiles and firing off huge rings of spinning blades that are undodgeable.
The final floor being under a time limit is REALLY annoying.
There seems to be a lot more trashloot and inflated item power levels.
It's easier to refill mana than in the vanilla game and the melee and bow dudes have extra active skills, but that comes at the cost of inflated monster strenght.
Necromancer scales off vitality, for what purpose.
Mana shield isn't a spell anyone can learn.
And of course removing the permanent stat ups and the shrines that give you spell levels is fucking gay, that was basically an unique feature across the whole genre.

On the other hand there's more spells and quests and stuff. (Although I bet you can't get the coolest stuff like Diablo's firestorm, meteor rain or the ring of scythes some bosses use for yourself if I have to guess because that would be too fun.)
There's no shrines that fuck your character in the ass permanently like that shit that gives you holy bolt levels, so I don't have to tab out to autistically check the shrine list every time. (Unfortunately they didn't remove the shrine that maps the whole level because that's really fucking confusing sometimes.)

It makes some of the same mistakes of The Hell or Median in D2, although to a lesser extent, in that it dials everything up too much.
>>
>>2905521
I wish someone would make a mod with as much new content as median/ultimative but instead of a mountain dew zergfest have smaller but more buffed up mobs and boss fights with more atmosphere, there is a lot of fucking cool stuff in that mod but its ruined by its implementation and by laz/marco having huge egos from their fanboys sucking their cocks over every decision they make
>>
>>2905159
im on d2 lod uswest as well feel free to add me my name is WorldKeeper
>>
>>2905545
It's more of a flaw that they make everything into
>30000% increased armor
>+100 all stats
>[giant list of affixes]
>requires 600 strenght to wield

And balance the game around dbz numbers.
>>
>>2905664
I didn't think any of that was an issue, I don't care what kind of numbers its balanced around, I just hate how twitchy it all is
>>
>>2904865
I've never had problems like that. Mine is a digital download and I'm running on 1.12. I'm pretty sure if you connect to bnet, it will update to the latest version, but if I recall correctly there is a mod that let's you run on any patch you want. D2SE, I think?

Simply put, yes it is hard to downgrade, but the digital download doesn't start you at 1.13 unless you connect to bnet. And d2se might circumvent it entirely.
>>
>>2905910
The big mclargehuge numbers are what makes it twitchy, both the players and everything else is doing crazy dps and moving at ridiculous speeds, and everything that doesn't have atleast as insane defenses and life leech and stuff will just blow up. I don't even know what game I'm supposed to blame for the trend of number inflation. It existed already before Chris "Activating my kaioken in the evil den" Wilson made Path of Endgame where everyone has to be attacking and casting 20 times per second and people with max resists and 10k hp die in 0.5s to random burst damage.

It can probably be traced back to the LoD synergy patch and the introduction of Uber Quests. Everything got moar numbers, and character builds became a lot more tighter and constrained because you had to use so many points in synergies and Hell became harder. And then the concept of "endgame" was introduced, you had to farm even more perfect runeword gear and use even more specific superoptimized builds like smiter lifeleech-tanking while attacking at warp speed to beat all the content. As a result, now everything is expected to have 1-2 extra zeroes, to have super spammy bosses and to have everything happen super fast and have even ranged characters taking god fuckton of unavoidable manfight damage. For example, you can see examples of the last point in PoE with all the super mobile enemies, and in D1 HD Mod with bosses that have teleport attacks and giving the knights charge.

The twitchiness and the overblown clusterfuck speeds in any Diabloclone can be faulted to the numbers too big. Compare something like unmodded Diablo 1 or vanilla Diablo 2 before synergies, when the numbers aren't insane, to something like PoE where an endgame character's attack time goes down to like 0.05 seconds or some shit.
>>
>>2881038
Read guides! summon Necro needs + Skills thats all, a really easy class. Guides help a lot.
>>2890330
Put a point in static it lowers health by % let it finish your act 2 merc.
>>2890356
It has a delay and is so not affected by faster cast.
It cant block and deals not enough dmg.
All around firesorc is hard in pvm because you face many many immunes.
>>2890572
Max all.
Time expands on revive skill by higher level.
Look for synergys, bone armor is something u can max if you got pts left
Curses only 1 pt
Summon resist 1 pt
If anyone is on europe west he can message me any time my accname is realgeizterb.
I can give free, we can do hellfire, rushes or whatever!
Play this game for about 10 yrs +
>>
>ultimative is too hard
cry more, bitch nigger
>>
>>2905294
You should ask in d2jsp.com
Pvp is still a thing, as the community is really small, they often met in private games.
Also much low level pvp, everythings about perf items.
I dont know about private realms.
>>
>>2906205
Back to /v/
>>
How do I play this one Windows 7? Im getting weird rainbow colors and weird graphics, despite setting compatability to windows xp sp 3
>>
>>2906269
programs/diablo2.exe" -w

Try in window mode add this above in shortcut.

Or

Its because of ur graphic card and displaying 2d, not sure how to fix if thats the problem.

Or use d2 glidewrapper
Its a program to fix graphicissues on d2
>>
>>2906269
It should work properly on w7.
>>
>>2906185
I'm pretty sure revive doesn't get increased time when you level it, and people usually put only 1 point or a couple max in it or something, because it's pretty much mathemathically impossible to sustain a lot of them.
Also Bone Armor gets bigger increases from leveling Bone Wall than leveling the actual skill itself.

I might be remembering wrong because I haven't played in a couple of years, but I think that was how it was.
>>
>>2906272
Ill try this. Thank you for the quick reply too
>>
>>2906278
180 seconds
Sorry ur damn right my bad.
But 3 minutes should be enough its really useful.
If you revive uldars u can also uber, because they got crushing blow.
Or souls for duels and bug dmg.
Iron Golem of an insight for meditation aura (stays til it dies wether u leave game or not)
>>
>>2906295
you should revive council members because they use hydra and heal units
>>
>>2906356
I will create a necro when im back home
>>
>>2890336
Why do people choose Frozen Orb over Blizzard? Isn't Blizzard better?
>>
>>2906295
>Iron Golem of an insight for meditation aura (stays til it dies wether u leave game or not)
Or until the game decides to randomly kill it. Happens from time to time for no apparent reason, also with other golems and skeletons.
>>
>>2907017
Because Blizzard needs synergies, and you can't afford the points for them if you want to use a second element. There's a good reason why people always recommend Meteorb Sorc and Skelemancer as good builds, those are like the only ones that stand a chance to solo Hell without godly gear. Anything else you could do either gets fucked over by immunities or doesn't have the damage output. There's also the hybrid lightning/cold amazon, but that's boring as fuck because you can't afford to level lightning strike, and the Gunslinger Zon build that lets you level it needs a good bow which is not a good thing if you don't want to farm Baal 5eva for a buriza minimum.

Welcome to the post-synergy patch poorly thought out shit party, where you can do nothing you want and the vast majority of skills are trash.
>>
>>2907046
>here's a good reason why people always recommend Meteorb Sorc and Skelemancer as good builds, those are like the only ones that stand a chance to solo Hell without godly gear.

Far from it. Every class has such a character.
>Amazon: pure Lightning Javazon can do it with crap items by relying on merc and maybe a point in Jab or something; you can also make a Lightning java/Cold bow hybrid
>Paladin: Holy Shock and Holy Freeze Zealots work superbly
>Barbarian: Berserker, low AC isn't even a problem, you rely on crowd control to not get killed, and you can make due with shit items like Twitchthroe and Bonesnap for the entirety of the game; Singer should also work
>Druid: Fireclaws Werebear if you craft enough Crushing Blow, Wind Druid is also viable enough
>Assassin: Trapsin and kicksin both work splendidly
>Sorceress: Meteorb is obvious, but there's stuff like Blizzballer and FO/CL, or even some more ambitious sorcs that use Firewall, but that's trickier
>Necromancer: you only need to generate corpses for Corpse Explosion chain reaction, this can be accomplished with Bone Spear too, but is trickier

In general, any build that doesn't have to rely on item damage to do damage (for Holy Shockdins, you only need Increased Attack Speed) will do just fine. Of course, ranged characters and characters that don't need Attack Rating are way easier.
>>
>>2907017
This >>2907046 sums it up nicely. 20 points in frozen orb and 1 in cold mastery and you're doing decent damage in hell with minimal gear. I never see anyone recommend making them anymore but I've been really enjoying a chain lightning / frozen orb build this ladder, even with infinity I still keep orb so I can help my merc when something has too high a resistance for conviction to break their immunity.

Plus I just have more fun spraying orbs everywhere like a spastic than casting blizzard / meteor in one spot.
>>
Oh hey, you CAN get meteor storm for yourself in HD Mod. Too bad they didn't fix Inferno and Flash to actually do damage, especially since you'll get your shit fucked up in melee range about 10x faster than in vanilla Diablo 1.
>>
>>2907081
>Amazon
If your merc isn't stacked and/or overleveled, he's going to get shat on by packs of LIs on Hell if you can't help him. Jab isn't that great either, unless you have some kind of a god pike in swap. And I did mention the lightning/cold hybrid, but my problem with that is that you have to skip one of the funniest skills in the game to make it work.
>Paladin
Paladin is strong, but you'll still need a high damage weapon to do physical damage against the guys who are immune to your element.
>Barbarian
Singer is really strong against packs, but you won't have good times ahead against bosses and The Ancients. Berserker still needs a good weapon and it's all single target damage though.
>Druid
Wind Druid is atleast somewhat viable, but I haven't played much druids though.
>Assassin
Somehow I forgot assassin, phoenix strike actually kind of works, and the lightning trap kicker hybrid is decent too.
>Sorceress
Blizzballer is way worse than Meteorb, and with FO/CL your damage output tanks hard when you run into a single tough enemy that's CI. Additionally Fire/Cold sorcs are techically 2.5 element sorcs, because you can still static field FI+CI dual immunes.
>Necromancer
Poison necros are a huge pain in the ass until you get your poison nova into decent condition and there are a LOT of poison immune or atleast highly resistant dudes, bone necros don't exactly do amazing damage without good gear and I think the greater mummy wave at the Throne is magic immune.
>>
>>2907046
>synergies are bad
Are there people who seriously think this?
>>
I haven't played Diablo 2 in years, anything I should grab for it in this day and age?
>>
>>2907389
>look at all of these abilities
>good
>now pick one and use all of your skillpoints on it, except the one point wonders which as a massive surprise are good because they aren't relying on synergies
>this will clearly have no impact on build diversity
>inflated damage numbers and enemy hitpoints surely won't have any negative effects on the game
They could've done balancing work to make useless skills worth putting points in. Instead they fucked up the whole game and just made different skills useless.

Or they could've just added respecs. Like they did later. Funny how one of the original justifications for the synergy system was made completely moot by the addition of respecs long after synergies were added.

Just look at skeleton necro before and after synergies. Fixing his shit had absolutely nothing to do with synergies and could've been done without them and skeleton mages were still dogshit, and on top of that revives have relatively worse damage output because of all the inflated enemy healths. And then he has an awkward amount of free points that can't properly be used for anything else than buffing up your bone armor or being a fishymancer, because you can't take any of the bone or poison skills without synergies. And iron maiden doesn't do anything in PvE, again because of the inflated monster healths, and same goes for thorns auras or anything that makes monsters attack eachother.

I'm sure someone will jump on this and go "but there's tons of viable builds". That may be true for the people who have infinite runewords and hammerdin bots falling out of their asses, you can do literally anything with godtier items which is a crazy outlier case and definitely not the norm.
>>
>>2907478
>look at all of these abilities
>good
>now pick one and use all of your skillpoints on it, except the one point wonders which as a massive surprise are good
But this is literally how it worked pre 1.10 too.
>>
>>2907498
Except maxing out a single ability went from 20-40 points to 60-80 points in most cases, without increases to the available skillpoints. You can't tell me that doesn't have any effect in character building.

And add to that the things that got stranded on the station when the number train left, there were so many things left in the game that had no further balancing done to adjust to the massive increases to enemy hitpoints.
>>
>3570k, gtx670, 8gb of RAM
>game still lags when a lot of enemies come on screen and lots of shit is flying

Fucking why
>>
>>2907519
Set CPU affinity to 1 core and run it through the glide wrapper. It doesn't work well on newer operating systems otherwise.
>>
>>2893995
file name kek
>>
File: 20160108_210601.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160108_210601.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2899661
>playing the game the way it is meant to be played
yes i have done this
last time my friend made whirldwind druid and I was a warcry barb, i actually made a "lawbringer" in an ethereal legend sword and put it on an act 5 merc its the only reason we were able to complete the game
>>
>>2907660
is that a fucking quill rat?
>>
File: f5bd0562f4eb1da5.png (1MB, 817x1068px) Image search: [Google]
f5bd0562f4eb1da5.png
1MB, 817x1068px
>>2907519

You can change the graphic type the game uses by doing the video test. Either directx or OpenGL try that Anon..
>>
Anyone playing US-East hardcore ladder?
Just got to level 64 on my sorc, kinda scared to head in to hell.
>>
Many years ago i got into diablo 2 because of a friend. I spent years playing it, had a few maxed out characters, and had such godly items i had traded, found, and were given to me by friends. Then one day i logged in to find out my account had been hacked, all my characters stripped of gear and everything.

I threw diablo in the trash and quit playing after that.
>>
>>2908095
Thanks for the blog.
>>
>>2908095
GG how does it feel to suck at the game
>>
>>2908304
How does being hacked and losing everything mean i suck at the game? Quit being a roody
>>
>>2908464
Your own fault you got hacked.
>>
File: 16579.jpg (299KB, 453x640px) Image search: [Google]
16579.jpg
299KB, 453x640px
>>2908095
>manuscripts do not burn

You do realize you were supposed to let it go one day? All of it! It's life man.

I build Enigmas and then delete characters. Detach yourself from materialism and enjoy life.
>>
>>2904695

when bootlegging CD games, try getting MDF/MDS CD images, they are made on the software Alcohol 120% and contain information about the physical "transmetadata" that safedisc/securom or whatever it was called used, that cant be replicated by CD burners, but can be emulated.

i remember even generating such images from friends discs, so i could join bnet with his serials when he was not playing.

also Daemontools 3 (3.4? iirc) was freeware and adfree and still works, alcohol52% or magicdisc will also emulate md/mdf
>>
is there a link to a multiplayer-working version of D2 and LoD? I have the battlechest with the bradygames strategy guide (bless their drop table) but I cant be bothered to drive a kilometre to pick it up from sstorage
>>
>>2909029
D2 doesn't use any kind of disk copy protection. I ripped my D2 CD's without any problem, and Blizzard removed the CD check with patch 1.12. Just copy all mpq files from all CD's to your D2 installation folder.
>>
so anyone wanna play some lod on west?
>>
Apocalypse: best spell of bestest spell in D1?
>>
>>2909041
Too bad you can learn it, except for Hellfire.
>>
File: apoc.jpg (45KB, 640x128px) Image search: [Google]
apoc.jpg
45KB, 640x128px
>>2909045
It was nerfed on HF, too. Eh, it's not too bad considering you can get it on staves.

A perfect Bountiful roll has 36 charges, duplicate it for a total of 216.

Considering it nukes everything in 1~3 hits, you'll be going through 1 staff per level.
>>
>>2909056
>hacked archangel's staff of the apocalypse with 200 charges
>>
>>2909037
>D2 doesn't use any kind of disk copy protection
>removed the CD check with patch 1.12
i assume the recent "vault" bundle came with dvds since cdrom is stupid

so u mean after 1.12 they still sold the game in Cdrom for a while with minimum version 1.12 ?

one more reason to torrent an old mdf/mds so u can have the 1.07 version or whatever was my friends cd, sometimes its tricky to mix mod + cracks

>D2 doesn't use any kind of disk copy protection
i gather that different cdrom anti-piracy terms are often used as equivalent, im not fully versed in these terms, but you obviously werent using this as a synonym to cd-check

so im guessing you are referring to some techniques that used intentional logical and/or physical defects on cdroms that would cause a home cd burner to fail when reading the disc to a full image BIN/RAW/something but didnt cause trouble when navigating the filesystem (or maybe there was a file that couldnt be 100% read and thats how they made the cd check and anti-copy link but i digress)

i was just referring the cd-check side of some anti-piracy technique, that even if you had a burner+firmware capable of fully reading the disc, or even if you could make copy with some generic burner + nero, you simply couldn't burn a disc that would pass the cd-check without any extra software loader. Ur burner wasn't logically

humm quick search shows my copy of diablo 2 probably used SecuROM 4.x and apparenly modern drives can clone a disc
>>
>add extra element to the game
>now the monsters are just quadruple immune instead of triple immune
>let player learn apocalypse
>make it do fire damage instead of physical
To what end
>>
File: fug.jpg (124KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
124KB, 640x480px
so close and yet so far.
>>
>>2908464
one does not simply hack into ur acc quietly frozen inside blizzard servers, the hacking happens via ur end

>>2908095
besides
just, install Plugy mod with multi page chest, and play only single/tcp with friends
>>
Do you guys play D1 with others online/lan?

We've tried to make it work with Hamachi, but with no results. Is there a fan made patch to fix this?
>>
File: tcath4.jpg (17KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
tcath4.jpg
17KB, 500x346px
bemp
>>
>>2911112
doesnt D1 battle.net still work?

If not, use hamachi and also find IPX tunnel for diablo (you just drop it in the same folder)
>>
US west game is celled vr ans pw is tuesday
>>
>>2912036
>called
>>
>tfw playing high level sorc in D1
Now this is podracing
>>
>>2911912
battle.net does work still, thankfully. it's the only way to play nightmare or hell in single.

>>2912275
I'm doing an Apoc-only sorc thanks to this thread. it's really fun, going to start hell-cath now.

it's been a breeze except for those fucking faggot spitting terrors stunlocking me to death.
>>
File: waifu after waifu.png (286KB, 500x533px) Image search: [Google]
waifu after waifu.png
286KB, 500x533px
I dont hax D1 so apoc isn't really viable. The best way to level the sorc, clvl 40 so far, seems to be to do lazarus runs. If any of the hell floors 13, 14, 15 are chain lightning bait, clear the level. Otherwise move on down and kill laz and start ng.

There are some allegations around of people using stone curse and baranars but I think that method sounds absurd
>>
>>2913135
I should add that maybe if I found a decent plentiful apoc staff then the apoc method might be more attractive. But it seems like you would want a bunch of them and then have to pay for charges.
>>
>>2913135
I read a D1 sorc guide while looking up other stuff, that guy's suggested strat for triple immunes was stone curse + king's sword of haste or civerb's cudgel. That's quite a madman strat for the final floors because succubi can spawn in huge numbers, but I guess there's not much else if you don't have an apoc staff with lots of charges.
>>
I miss Diablo II. Sure, it was buggy, furstrating, boring and tedious.

But the sheer amount of curses the necromancer had was so awesome you could make monsters really pathetic. Simply, put, there was a curse for each situation.

Compared to that, Diablo III is funnier, but it lacks curse.
Damn I love blinding enemy archers and mages, and confusing masses of melee warriors. Not retarded cooldown, just mana.
>>
>>2907545
Ha, I have a similar problem with Unreal, thanks for the help.

How do I set the CPU affinity to 1?
>>
>>2913710
Right click the process in task manager, set affinity, uncheck all but Core 0.
>>
>>2913726
You're a lifesaver, a saint, and also a gentleman of noble birth.
>>
>>2913708
>cast decripefy and clay golem on Baal
>he literally can't do anything anymore
>>
>>2913742
Damn I want to reinstall it.
>>
>>2907478
>>I'm sure someone will jump on this and go "but there's tons of viable builds". That may be true for the people who have infinite runewords and hammerdin bots falling out of their asses, you can do literally anything with godtier items which is a crazy outlier case and definitely not the norm.

This man speaks the truth.
>>
>>2907478
At least synergies make the game a little more forgiving.
First time I played that game, I put all my points in Bone Spear and I got utterly fucked when monsters starting having too much health for it.
>>
>>2913742
>Join random public 6+ player games as a lowbie necro
>Fuck quests, level
>Hit 24 before Duriel
>Endless praise from party members when you use Decrepify
>>
>>2913771
It bothers me how all recent Diablo-like all have cooldowns on everything.
>cooldown on health potion in Van Hellsing
>cooldown on skills in all the others
Just removes the mana.
>>
>>2913765
Not really, you still get turbofucked later anyway if you skill the wrong stuff. What they should've done to balance a lot of the skills would've been changing the scaling, like the earlier the skill is in the tree, the bigger gaps it would have between the levels you are allowed to level it but the levels would have bigger effects the lower tier the skill is. For example, a level 30 skill could only be leveled every other level, a level 24 skill only every third/fourth, etc.

That way they could've made even the earlier skills scale higher and be viable, but prevented them from being too strong early.
>>
>>2913862
That still would've required some meta knowledge to not fuck everything up.
Man, fuck that, I'm reinstalling it.
>>
>>2913135
you don't need to hack to make Apoc viable in D1. if you're playing Hellfire just fill your inventory with mana potions, otherwise farm Adria for Bountiful Staves of Apoc. you'll probably want to dupe the one, though.

I'm clvl 33 at the caves and the most I've ever needed to clear a floor was 3 staves, but that's because there were 2 uniques.
>>
>>2913865
>That still would've required some meta knowledge to not fuck everything up.
Yeah, but it would've been less easy to totally fuck it than both of the systems they actually used.

The problem before synergies was that the skills were completely horribly balanced, if that could've been fixed it would've been fine. And it wasn't even "x and y skills break the game" type of imbalance, it was "x, y, z, a, b, c, d, e, f ang g are useless and/or don't do enough damage and you'll brick your character" which is so much worse.
>>
>>2913908
Like the spear mastery for the amazon?
>>
>>2913915
Are you talking about Fend, which had a gamebreaking bug since release day to present date? And it was never fixed despite being widely known for years and years? Classic Blizzard.
>>
>>2913927
I don't know, I only finished Diablo 2 with my necromancers, and in offline mode, so I don't know much about them bugs. But I heard the Amazon was fucked up and that going spear was ludicrously insane.
>>
>>2913936
That's because the physical spear skills were
>jab, single target, does decent damage with very good pikes
>impale, single target, eats durability like the fist of the north star
>fend, stops working but locks you into the animation anyway if you flinch or any of your evasion passives activates during it

The reason spear amazon was absolute madman was because either Fend, your only aoe ability, literally DIDN'T WORK, or you had to not level any of the dodge passives, which also made you unable to level Valkyrie. The elemental melee poking skills were actually good but not for 2h spears, because only attackspeed mattered for them.
>>
Getting the D2 itch.
I wanna play my lightning sorc. All that damage.

Sure, lightning immune might give you trouble, but if your merc can't handle it, it's probably fine to just teleport halfway across the zone and forget about it.
>>
GODDAMN MOTHER FUCKING SHIT IM SO DONE WITH THIS MOD

FUCK OFF YOU AIDSFAGGOT STOP TELEPORTING TEN TIMES PER SECOND AND WASTING MY FUCKING TIMELIMIT

FUCKING STUNLOCKING HASTED IMMUNE TO EVERYTHING KNIGHT HIDING IN THE CORNER AND KILLING ME WITH 10% OF THE NECROMANCER'S HP LEFT

SIXTY NIGGERS DIABLO 1 ISN'T MEANT FOR THIS RETARDED PATH OF SHIT TWITCHFEST GAMEPLAY FUCK OFF
>>
>>2914198
You alright, champ?

But really, what mod?
>>
>>2914214
D1 HD. the HD patch is locked behind all these retarded modifications that ruin the vanilla experience.
>>
>>2914232
Some of the changes and additions would be good, but they find a way to fuck up five things for every good thing.
>>
File: IMG_0377.jpg (444KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0377.jpg
444KB, 2592x1456px
I played through and beat the PSX version of Diablo a while back. Going through it with my girlfriend now. Holy shit those load times.
>>
I didn't actually realize this until recently, and it's only a minor thing but you know when you put a gem in armor and it changes colour? That works for crafted items too
>>
>>2913782
>It bothers me how all recent Diablo-like all have cooldowns on everything.
I know. The mana cost on skills WAS the deterrent to spamming abilities (unless you had the mana/kill or pool to support it).

Granted, Blizzard did add cooldowns to certain skills eventually, but, even then, you had a decent enough arsenal where you could swap to a second or third spell in the meantime... all 3 seconds of it.
>>
>>2914549
I was under the impression that cool downs were added to resource intensive skills to reduce lag?

Am I wrong?
>>
>>2914283
What Sony TV model is that anon? It looks beautiful.
>>
>>2914549
>I know. The mana cost on skills WAS the deterrent to spamming abilities (unless you had the mana/kill or pool to support it).

and than the game degenerates into simply finding the most powerful spell dumping everything into boosting it's damage output and spending the rest of points into passive or buff abilities.

If fireball had no cooldown, meteor had a 20 second cooldown, and fire walk a 5 second cooldown you could balance their damage around the cooldown and you get to use all 3.

Instead firewalk is pointless because fireball is more convient, fireball stops mattering the moment you get enough mana to spam meteor.
>>
>>2914865
Diablo isn't a competitive game. Fun matters more than balance.

Look at the shit they pulled with D3 and how badly it tanked. People don't care even now that the AH is gone and you can breeze through the endgame because the damage is already done.
>>
>>2914549
Cooldowns in D2 were such a shitty mechanic
>play fire druid
>all of my spells go on cooldown when I cast anything
>>
>>2914885
>Diablo isn't a competitive game
And what the fuck does having interesting skills have to do with balance?

>Fun matters more than balance.
So using less abilities, with less choices about what to use is more fun? In d2 you stop getting new skills to play with at level 30 and are stuck spamming the same ability over and over again. In d3 every level you at least get a new rune to play with and if you get bored of a certain method you can change your ability.

Which is more fun? Using nothing but whirlwind and a few buffs on a rotation for the entire game or using whirlwind+ several other attacks until you are sick of whirl-winding than switching to something else?
>>
>>2914935
you're not being forced to use whirlwind exclusively, that's the point. buff other skills if people move straight to it then, don't nerf whirlwind or add a cooldown that only detracts from the fun.

that's typical Blizz reasoning, let's make everything shit so the game feels like a chore.
>>
is the Freeablo project going anywhere?
>>
>>2914961
>you're not being forced to use whirlwind exclusively

Well no you arn't but there isn't much of a fucking reason to use bash is there? It's just there until you level up and get better ability that instantly replaces it. Even if you put 20 points into bash what would be the point?

>let's make everything shit so the game feels like a chore
That's what they did with d2 in the later loops of the game. You simply stop getting new skills to play with at levle 30. Enjoy spamming the same fucking ability for the rest of the game.

All the shit you are complaining about was fixed in

>don't nerf things and make them suck
I agree and that's why d2 sucks for balance. Want to make a fire trap user...well have fun with every enemy being a health sponge since the lighting trap has way a damage output of 4-8 times as much depending how many targets corpse explosion hits.

Remember when multi-shot was nerfed to the point of being fucking usless past normal difficulty? Remember when whirlwind was nerfed because it was 'too good' and than they just made the assassin rune word that gave it whirl-wind and she was actually better at than the old barbarian?

Bash is a skill in d3 but it doesn't fucking suck, it actually scales into end game, maybe not as well as the other skills but at least you can use it if you want.

> let's make everything shit so the game feels like a chore
Remember how before they added level respect in d2 if you wanted to play a frozen orb sorc you had stick with shitty ice bolt until level 30? You couldn't get glacial spike because it had no fucking synergy bonus, you had to kill things with ice bolt until you got your orb at level 30, the early acts were pretty much the definition of a chore

I don't get it. Have you actually played d3, it might have some problems but literally everything you complain about was handled a million times better in d3 than d2.
>>
>>2915060
I wasn't talking about either specifically, though. I was just saying cooldown is a terrible solution to the spamming problem, which isn't even a problem to begin with.

I also don't see what's wrong with replacing bash with whirlwind, you're supposed to level and replace older, weaker skill with newer, stronger skills just as much as you can't use a fucking leather armor throughout the whole game.

and D3 fixing anything is arguable, not to mention it broke more things than it fixed anyhow.
>>
>cooldowns suck xd
legit autism
>>
>>2915106
>I was just saying cooldown is a terrible solution to the spamming proble

Well the problem isn't spamming it's a lack of any real depth. Having 1 ability is shallow

>I also don't see what's wrong with replacing bash with whirlwind, you're supposed to level and replace older, weaker skill with newer, stronger skills just as much as you can't use a fucking leather armor throughout the whole game.

If you were getting a boat load of new skills every level this would be fine. Think about DnD rpgs. A wizard gets like 5 new spells every character level so you actually need to use your head to pick the right one for the right situation. The fighter classes doesn't get his skills replaced he learns to augment his pre-existing ones (sort of like PoE where you can keep throwing on support effects onto 1 skill to make it better and better. The fireball starts as a single attack, than you make it split into 3 fireballs, than you can buff the burn etc).

d2 is much more shallow in it's usage of skills since you usally end up spamming 1-2 skills for the whole game (and occasionally refreshing buffs). It's a fairly linear progression down the tree and once you hit levle 30 you stop getting new skills completely. Skill growth rarely goes beyond simple +damage and +hit chance for all 20 points.

In contrast d3 has you augementing skills with no runes right up until the last level and poe has you slowly develop your core skills with more and more support gems.

Although d2 is a very dated so this sort of gap in complexity is to be expected.
>>
>>2915129
Well they sure suck the way D2 did them, every skill with a cooldown goes on cooldown when you use a cd skill. Also putting a cd on immolation arrow was literally worse than hitler, and fire druid was basically unplayable because of the combined effects of everything causing cooldown + extremely badly thought out synergy dependencies.
>>
>>2915106
I'll also add in this.

In d3, as well as virtually all games with cooldowns. You have basic abilities which have no cooldown (like the stuff in d2) but than you also have unusual, situational, or super moves that have a cooldown.

So let's take a d3 monk. It has 5 different left click attacks which cost no cooldown, each can be augemnted by 6 different runes that change how they work for a total of 30 possible left clicks with no cooldown. Than you have the same set up on your right click, 4 abilities that have no cooldown but cost energy and 5 different runes to augmement them for a total of 20 possible right clicks.

Than you have several real cool abilities that would break the game if they were not on cooldown (invulnerability for 3 seconds, 1 shot all the enemies on the screen, etc) which you also have to make choices about.

So you have a combination of no mana abilities, mana abilities, and cooldowns. You can also customize the character to your liking, if you really want you can have zero cooldown abilities and just get a bunch mana eating stuff or no cost stuff.

RPGS have had huge evolution since d2, although it's still a decent game.
>>
>>2915139
>sort of like PoE where you can keep throwing on support effects onto 1 skill to make it better and better
More like you have to keep throwing on a checklist of mandatory support gems, or your character will get worse and worse along your progress through the game. Mandatory support gems that will take up even more slots in PoE's fucked up skill/item abomination system, so you're rightclicking with a single skill all game long even harder because you have no room to equip more skills.
>>
Is playing a physical damage character on hardcore, up to hell, solo viable?

It seems like you are so depdant on getting extremly rare drops that it would take either extreme luck or a tedious amount of farming to do it.

Magical type damage scales off skills in contrast.
>>
>>2915184
>on a checklist of mandatory support gems
If you want to have the 'max dps' build in any rpg than there is manditory check list. If you want to experiment than PoE is quite open, there's also a lot of gems which do not raise damage but give great utility, such as blinding the enemy.

And even if you want to do a cookie cutter build, you'd still have more freedom than d2. Want to be a Chain lightin Sorc? Well enjoy putting 80+ points in the skill plus it's synergy for the entire fucking game. Maybe if you are feeling really creative you can put more than 1 point in warmth!

>so you're rightclicking with a single skill all game long even harder because you have no room to equip more skills.
If you want more slots you have to pay for it. With your limited currency (whether you craft it yourself or buy them from other players) you can choose to focus on raw stats or more links. If you truely want to maximize your links get a Tabula Rasa, a chest armor that supports the maximum allowed slots but has no base stats at all. Personally I budget myself so I can always afford a 5 link even if it means giving up a lot of other opportunities.

Also you only make 1 ability spammer in PoE if you want to. You can turn skills into procs, load up on debuffs, get spell totems, or load up on Vaal Gems. I made my character with so many different abilities I actually ran out of hot-keys for them. Or you can make a character does nothing but flicker strike at 20 attacks per second!

Since PoE allows for so much creativity you can really fuck up your character if you mismanage them though, as you might have.
>>
>>2915191
I always felt hardcore by design required more grinding for survival, and yeah physical characters are fine you just need to get one point or so into elemental damage (Zealer = Vengeance, Bear/Wolf = Fire Claws, Barb = Berserk, etc.)
>>
>>2915129
Epic repartee, kid.
>>
>Stay awhile and listen!

I certainly do, almost every time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8
>>
>>2914549
Yeah. Compared to that, in Diablo 3, it's literally useless to have more than 6 skills. I have a couple of character level max, and yet I'm sure there are skills I never used or even tried because changing a skill in the middle of a fight is impossible.
>>
>>2915223
>If you want to have the 'max dps' build in any rpg than there is manditory check list.
Except in PoE having the max dps is basically mandatory. The enemies do so much damage, for every second you haven't killed the enemies yet, you have chances to take huge damage.

For example, if you use spells you NEED the appropriate resistance penetration gem or you'll be doing literally nothing. And because every support gem that does anything remotely interesting places a multiplicative damage penalty on the skill and has dumb limitations, experimenting will just fuck you over unless it's exactly the type of skill that will get huge benefits from chain or something. Most of the time you're always just putting on a list of plain dps boosters like faster attacks/casting, increased melee damage, slower projectiles, etc.

And itemization in PoE is disgustingly bad, unless you're doing some rich man hammerdin botter -tier gimmic build, because you need as much +life and as much resists on all gear as possible. And then you have to fiddle with sockets, links and socket colors on top of that. And the socket color mechanics further discourage experimenting with different support gems.

Field too long, fuck you 4chan
>>
>>2916226
cont.

Character building in PoE is basically the exact opposite it's supposed to be in these games. In every other game you're making your character stronger, in PoE you're trying to make your character not shit, to patch up all the huge glaring fucking holes in your character the game will run a train through and up your asshole, and to desperately keep up with the enemy progression, using the same skills from beginning to endgame with just more dps boosters, auras and CoDT attached. It's just like "oh shit I need more mana sustain so I don't have to gulp" "oh shit I need more auras/passive defensive skills, time to reserve even more skillgem slots for boring shit" "oh shit I need to get more stats from somewhere to meet all the requirements" "oh shit I need some way to not blow up on ranged passive iron maiden" "oh shit I'm a ranged character but I need just as much defenses as melee because the enemies have mobility and ranged burst damage out of the ass and all the bosses past act2 just spam the entire screen full of shit 24/7"
>>
I wonder what Blizzard is going to pull for "remastered" version. Nowadays nobody plays but bots and zealots, they must do some serious shit to bring back player, otherwise why bother with such ancient game?
>>
>>2916352
>I wonder what Blizzard is going to pull for "remastered" version.
Why do you think they are interested in doing something like this? They've all but given up on D2. Their main focus is on that pile of dogshit that is D3.
>>
>>2916391
>They've all but given up on D2
They gave up on it a long time ago, they never bothered fixing it.
>>
>>2894321
u meant ur bot did this
>>
>>2916418
They've given up since release day
>Oh hey inferno and arctic blast are bugged and do only half the damage they should
>Should we fix it?
>Nah too hard muh game engine
>Should we just double the damage to compensate, then?
>Nah changing numbers too hard hurr durr
>>
>>2914853
That giant fucking behemoth almost took me out while moving it into my girlfriends basement. I had to try and move it down the first step on a dolly with one arm while poking through the door. Pulled a groin muscle and shit hasn't been right since. Bastards 200lbs plus. After that first step it wasn't that bad but God damn.

Anyway I'm at my house so I can't get the model number. It's a 1995 Trinitron 32 inch. Eventually I'll be buying some S video cables and upgrading all my retro shit to S Video. But God damn official S video cables are pricey as fuck.
>>
>>2915540
Those first chords...
>>
>>2916391
Well, they did say they're hiring for maintaining their old games and bringing them up-to-date.

Why would they do that after twenty years and with a dead fanbase? What will they get with Battle.net app for D2?

I assume (and hope) there will be some patching as well.
>>
>>2916352
>otherwise why bother with such ancient game?

D1 battle.net servers are still up.
>>
>>2916979
I wonder how many people are still playing D1 on bnet. Has to be atleast some, since the game doesn't even use cdkeys or anything so even pirates can bnet.
>>
so, anyone here have any experience with D1 bards?

I'm trying to figure if the self damage caused by a Warrior's X of Peril + King's X could be outset by the Undead Crown or even a of Blood suffix on the King's weapon.

the only guide I've found recommends the Civerb's Cudgel but the ability to hit multiple enemies might come in handy in hell-hell.
>>
>>2917034
there's always someone on according to tristr.am, about a dozen at times, and that's just a community website.
>>
>>2913905
I'm interested.

Do you need to use +skill stuff with apocalypse to make it good? Like, I have a thinking cap and Naj plate i could use, but they aren't nearly as solid as royal circlet and full plate (blessed/harmony).
>>
>>2917169
no, Apoc scales off clvl. slvls do nothing but decrease the mana cost in Hellfire.

if you're casting it from staves you can basically equip the heaviest AC armor you can find (since you don't even need to worry about mana anymore) and nuke everything.

beat hell-hell yesterday. floors 15 and 16 only required 3 staves each. mine only has 30 casts, too.
>>
File: recognizers.jpg (170KB, 1432x649px) Image search: [Google]
recognizers.jpg
170KB, 1432x649px
>>2890572
Here is the summoner Nec build in full in response to much earlier queries. It maxes out at a pretty low level.

20 raise skeleton
20 mastery
1 in all other summon skills
1 in all curses
20 corpse explosion
1 bone armor
1-20 bone wall or prison (flex)
1-20 skeleton magi (flex)

Max out CE in the 45-65 level range. The huge radius is fun.
- With end gear (nig + infinity + etc) you just Telestomp, Amp, Pop, Pop. And the entire room dies. Seriously fucked.

I incline towards maxing the bone armor synergies rather than using skeleton mages. Mages increase damage by a very small amount and the poison casters prevent monster heal (nice for ubers). The bone armor synergies add more to armor than the skill itself, and since they increase the durability of the character, I think they win.

You can opt to put some points in summon resist, and even the mages, temporarily. Then reset skills once fully equipped.
>>
> no, Apoc scales off clvl. slvls do nothing but decrease the mana cost in Hellfire.

k, that is awesome then. I just checked Jarulf's guide and the same scale seems to apply for vanilla. I think I will be visiting Adria for the first time in years.
>>
Starting a new char on us west d2 lod, anyone?
>>
>>2917221
Skelemancer really is strong.

And don't forget, you can buy very good wands just from a shop on NM/Hell. That makes him even better and even less reliant on good drops.
>>
>>2916736
Could you list the exact model please?
>>
File: laughin elves.jpg (115KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
laughin elves.jpg
115KB, 300x269px
>>2916965
>I assume (and hope) there will be some patching as well.
>>
What is the best Median XL server ? Are there any with more than 5 ppl playing at all ?
>>
File: diablos.png (971KB, 1927x646px) Image search: [Google]
diablos.png
971KB, 1927x646px
Diablo 2 was an insult to the series
>>
File: 1446025628955.png (29KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1446025628955.png
29KB, 500x275px
>>2918432
>>
>>2918432
The only people who ever thought D2 was good are the underage casual who never played the first game.
>>
>>2918432

How someone can preffer Dildo 3 over D2 while still liking the original Diablo?
>>
>>2918532
It's bait.
>>
>>2918547
I was genuinely interested for the answer though.
>>
>>2918643
Dunno, I personally played D2 and D3.
D3 is damn awesome in many places and is actually quite polished (not to mention the runes system is quite smart), but I hate the cooldown abuse and the fact that you can't change spells quickly.
>>
>>2918432
Hi, I'm free, free to confront the little man who banished me, Diablooo! Hi everyone, and I'm here to reward you, with these Aerosmith tickets.

By the way, I'm gonna have to kill you. I'll be right back with time and weather together.
>>
>normal staff of apoc drops
>it's 12 charges
Based

I thought the staffs with the biggest spells only had something like 6 max charges without one of the suffixes.
>>
>>2917241
whats your account name man ill add you and we can play whenever
>>
>>2918859
Apoc has 8~12 charges, you rolled a perfect one.

you'll probably want to keep farming Adria for a bountiful or even plentiful one as they triple/duplicate the base casts.
>>
I've never played D1, I'm thinking I'm going to have to give it a try. Is the expansion recommended, or no?

And I've heard HD mod blows dick, is there anything else to spice up the game (after I've played through it a few times, of course)?
>>
Diablo II is NOT retro.
>>
>>2919308
The expansion can be safely skipped, as it was made by another studio.
>>
>>2919395
I don't really care if it was made by another studio, I only care if it's good.

I'll give it a shot anyway, but not until after playing the base game.
>>
>>2919308
Hellfire is pretty bad, you can skip it.

Manually download the latest patch from Blizzard's website, you probably can't connect to bnet to autopatch, because the old versions create multiplayer characters into some windows folder and any modern OS probably won't let you do that.
You'll probably need the registry fix for colors on 64-bit systems, google for it.

I don't know of a lot of mods for D1, but the HD Mod and The Hell are both not good in my opinion.
>>
>>2919461
I probably wouldn't have even thought to connect to bnet in the first place, I never really enjoy multiplayer in these games. Thanks for the advice.

I might give the mods a shot at some point anyway, though, even if they're bad. I mean, hell, I enjoy median even if it's kind of garbage. The sheer absurdity of it is worth a playthrough every once in a while.
>>
>>2919308
>>2919428
>>2919517
Ignore people telling you to skip Hellfire.

Although it does suck, the expansion adds a couple important features to the game: selectable difficulty in single (Blizz made it so nightmare and hell are only accessible in multi; it can be circumvented, but still) and melee classes that are effective without resorting to magic

I'd actually start with Hellfire if I were you since it implements itself seamlessly with vanilla and most of the contents of the expansion can be skipped by ignoring the NPC by the cows (farmer/nut).

There's basically no reason not to install Hellfire unless you're looking for a very specific feature in the original.
>>
>>2919428
I gnore retards suggesting you to play Hellfire. The game is a fucking mess, and was never made seriously.
>>
>>2919767
>I gnore
>retard

No one should play Hellfire. You should definitely install it for the added features, though.

I'm sure there's a mod somewhere to remove Lester and the hive tileset from Tristram if it gets your so pissy.
>>
I think I'll play vanilla first, then try hellfire, then try some mod.

If nothing else, I'll be able to appreciate what people like and don't like about each of them, and I'll be able to form my own opinions.

That's a good thing
>>
>>2919791
Fine, but keep in mind you'll literally be playing the same game with an optional NPC on the side.
>>
>>2919784
>if it gets your so pissy

Muphry's Law in effect.
>>
>>2919919
Fucking abort button does nothing.
>>
>>2919938
It does if you're attaching an image to your post, thus widening the window from 0.00001 seconds to like, 1 second.
>>
>>2880832
>Stay a while and listen!
I always listened to you. You just never had interesting things to say. That part about the Horadrim Cube? I heard it too often.
>>
>tfw my barbarian is finally able to solo worldstone keep in hell

its a glorious feeling brothers!
>>
So, what are some good builds for the necromancers?
If it even viable to bet on skeletons, golems and revives?
>>
Does Hellfire add a required intelligence stat requirement to wear amulets and rings? I remember downloading something for Diablo 1 to do that, maybe another mod, and it had that ass backwards requirements.
>>
>>2920523
Is your warrior to dumb to figure where the ring goes?
>>
>>2915129
Cool downs DO suck though. Diablo 2 was fun before cool downs. I could fill a room with fire walls. Now an enemy just walks past my fire wall and it is now fairly ineffective.

In Diablo 1 I remember the bone chamber or something, had a room with a bunch of skeletons and I'd fill the room with fire walls and all I could hear is carnage.

Diablo is primarily a PvE experience and taking away some of the fun like that is silly.
>>
>>2920527
Apparently.
>>
>>2920530
>In Diablo 1 I remember the bone chamber or something, had a room with a bunch of skeletons and I'd fill the room with fire walls and all I could hear is carnage.

Oh shit that crunchy crispy sound was orgasmic
>>
>>2917221
>>2917265

Is it the ultimate best-but-boring build?
>>
>>2920530
I think a reason for the cooldowns is also that it was being used to dupe shit with Bone Wall and cage by lagging the entire b.net server.
>>
>>2920523
>Does Hellfire add a required intelligence stat requirement to wear amulets and rings? I remember downloading something for Diablo 1 to do that, maybe another mod, and it had that ass backwards requirements.
That's "The Hell", a mod. There's also other dumb shit and crazy number inflation in the style of "robe that requires 400 magic to wear"

>>2920554
It would be more fun if Blizzard wasn't retarded and let revives that arent Urdars do any damage, and didn't have them constantly expire. Although when you max your corpse explosion, blowing up whole screens of enemies never gets old.

>>2920530
Fire Wall is so fun in 1 compared to 2, you can just stack that shit or light the whole room on fire.

>>2920561
I don't think bonewall/prison even has a cooldown. Blizzard just hates fun, that's all.
>>
>>2920496
Yes, with the 1.13 patch, focusing on skeletons actually become a pretty mean build. Focus on skeleton mastery rather than just skeletons, don't put too many points into anything else, just make your way through to the iron golem with as little as possible.
>>
anyone Median XL here? or does it not okay for /vr/?
>>
File: 1332099991798s.jpg (3KB, 126x114px) Image search: [Google]
1332099991798s.jpg
3KB, 126x114px
>>2920728
>the iron golem
>>
>>2920762
synergies
>>
>>2920762
Not him and an iron golem isn't that bad if you feed it with the right item. A Doom-iron golem is actually the best summon you can get.
>>
How the fuck do you get good claws while leveling? I constantly seem to be doing shit damage.
>>
Serious Question ----

How does everyone manage a Trapsin in hell with so many lightning immunes? It seems that Death Sentry often can't find a enough corpses to do the job.
>>
File: i.gif (289KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
i.gif
289KB, 500x467px
>playing Diablo on the PS1
>Four loading screens before you start the game
>have to do it all over again to reroll for Griswold's items
>>
>>2920773
>feeding iron golem anything but junk
Absolute madman

>>2920859
No idea, I played hybrid kicker instead of pure trapper because fuck immunes.
>>
>>2920859
Firebomb
If you don't have 20 points in it you're fucking up.
Almost all lightning traps synergy with it, it's damage grows rather fast and it does a 1 yeard AOE splash like the Sorc's fireball.
>>
>>2920874
>playing Diablo on the PS1
for what fucking reason
>>
>>2921027

Meant to say that it's the PS1 version on my PSP. Only way to play Diablo on the go.
>>
Happy Saturday bros-

Can I convince any of you nerds to help me out with a NM ancients + Baal and Hell rush for my Hellforge? I'm on USE ladder.
>>
Anyone want to start Fresh char on Median Xl ultimative ? I played like 5 month ago and I really want to replay it right now . I need to download Diablo II and TOD before so it may take some time but i'll definitely be ready in the next 2 hours . English is not my native language and I don't speak it very well so i'll mostly stay silent and listen .
>>
>>2918532
Probably because diablo 2 was garbage
>>
File: 578789.jpg (118KB, 1095x821px) Image search: [Google]
578789.jpg
118KB, 1095x821px
>>2921212
It is arguably the best game ever made.
>>
>>2920993

On it ---

I'm thinking ---
20 in Lightning Sentry + Lightning Tree
20 Firebomb
20 Death Sentry

Then ...

Fade
Burst of Speed
Mind Blast
Claw Block

Nothing else. Thoughts?
>>
>>2921027
Because it's a neat port. Try it.
>>
>>2921343
So a funny thing about assassins, their trap placement (and throwing firebombs) is not based on Faster Cast Speed, but your current weapon/attack speed.

So say you make a spirit runeword with a sword. You will throw firebombs faster if you make it with a Phase Blade then a Broad Sword. Might even be handy to have some gloves that give you 20% faster attack.

Its not a huge deal, but it is useful knowledge to know, since you may get more damage out of throwing more firebombs per second then having an extra +skills point.

Otherwise I usually roll with;
Fade 1 - 20 (Every point in Fade has a invisible buff of 1% to physical damage reduction, worth putting 20 points in in hardcore, otherwise just do 1 to 5 for the resistance)
20 Firebomb
20 Lightning Sentry
20 Death Sentry
Remaining in the Charged Bolt sentry and Lightning WebWhatever

Burst of Speed and Mind Blast are good one point wonders.
Also worth tossing 1-10 points in to Shadow Master. Thats up to your preference.
>>
>>2921429
On that note, since Burst of Speed boosts weapon speed, it does boost placing traps and using Firebombs.
So keep that in mind whether you want to do more damage (Burst of Speed) or have more defense (Fade).

I only play hardcore anymore so I only use Fade with at least 10 points in it, but burst is totally valid for softcore.
>>
>>2921167
sorry bro i would but i play on west
>>
>>2921206
>Median
hey I'll be playing on TSW realm some time today if you're still around.
>>
why are the barb and the bard so much better than the warrior and the rogue in D1?

I can actually survive hell-hell without needing to use spells.
>>
>>2921640
because they weren't intended to actually be implemented
>>
>>2921648
>not intended to actually be implemented
>turn out better than the real thing

wew
>>
>>2921678
Balance is a son of a bitch.
>>
>>2921725
I wouldn't exactly blame it on balance.

both the warrior and the rogue rely on their main stat but also require investment in dex and str for to hit and AC. vit, too. let's not forget magic to survive in hell-hell. the sorc on the other hand really only needs magic. some investment in str at worst.

the barb and the bard can match the sorc in terms of damage thanks to the vit bonus of the former and the ability to dual wield of the latter. they get crowd control too thanks to their passive AoE. stats don't need to be as widespread and they only really need teleport as much as the sorc needs a full plate.

if anything, they're /more/ balanced than the warrior and the rogue.
>>
>>2921786
I thought Rogue gets bonus damage from dex with bows.
>>
>>2921853
their damage output is even lower than that of a warrior and warriors can't compare to a sorc.
>>
>>2921429
I had a build at level 75 previously, and the Shadow Master has 1 point, but never really did my any good. Is it worthwhile with more points?
>>
>>2921908
It will die really easily when under level 10 in hell, but can add some nice extra DPS since it does have the same level traps as you do, along with being an extra target for mobs in stead of you.

Often I'll toss 5 points in and let +skills do the rest.

Again, up to preference.
>>
>>2921916
I didn't realize it had the same level traps as me. I thought it was based on the skill itself.
>>
>>2922041
It is but although its the same traps its not necessarily double the DPS since it will not always lay down traps, or the traps your want, or not just spam Mind Blast.

Its a bit spiky in it's usefulness to be honest, but still worth it IMO.
>>
File: 1450807326221.jpg (2MB, 1500x2635px) Image search: [Google]
1450807326221.jpg
2MB, 1500x2635px
Can anyone recommend me some good diablo videos with like analysis of 1/2's gameplay or lore or overall what made them so good?

For some reason my youtube searching abilities suck today.
>>
>>2922124
Completely unrelated to diablo, but I live on Lake Champlain. Glad to see Champ getting the recognition she deserves!
>>
>>2922124
It's just a simple story about the rise and corruption of good, then the defeat of evil with more of the same. It's probably the voice acting that makes it for me.
>>
>>2921167
I can do that for you, add SleepingVillage and get back to me here.
>>
>>2922538
Figured as much. Well thanks anyway, I'll try youtube searching again today.
>>
>level 32 sorcerer
>haven't found or been sold a single book of teleport yet
Pls
>>
>>2921916

So, this build assumes you can't do 100% of the synergies for Lightning Sentry. Which traps do you skimp on?
>>
File: 1444998771932.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1444998771932.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>2923594
Skimp on Charged Bolt Sentry since Lightning Web can still be good to spam when you're not placing traps down.
>>
>>2923604
>lightning web
>nextdelay intensifies
>>
>>2923313
just farm Adria. they're easy to come by starting at level 22, I think.
>>
I should learn to quit when I'm still ahead, I'll give HD Mod an another try. I've almost beat NM so surely it will be fine and I can't just leave it at that.

Inb4 I die from brain hemorrage fighting the bosses on the last floor while not having enough quickkeys to bind all my shit because you have to rotate cooldowns and golem having too much cooldown and no spell doing physical damage and stone curse being useless and deathknights having horned demon charge except it goes 3x faster than the charge in vanilla D1 and random uniques spawning on top of the bosses and having a time limit to kill hordes of enemies that all have different resistance holes and fighting immune/immune/immune/90% dudes and
>>
>>2924147
dude, it's a mod. you can't take it any more serious than you would Hellfire's hive. just knowing they thought a fucking timer would be a good idea invalidates the whole thing.

then again, I'm farming Wirt for days for a silver dagger of peril because they only roll at clvl 5.
>>
>>2924147
>quadruple immune lightning enchanted necromancer
>it's not even one of the bosses and just some faggot who spawned randomly
Nevermind, I give up
>>
>have a computer that candle run d3 on the highest settings fine
>play diablo 2 offline
>rubber banding and terrible lag, almost die to performance issues once or twice.

Anyone else have this problem? Is d2 just getting outdated?
>>
>>2922124
perdon me but WUT?

you can't find your own words to explain why you like diablo, so you want borrow someone else's opinion?

sounds like you simply got skinner-boxed, and you want an youtuber to tell you what your opinion should be.

if you want to get all the lore and history, without replaying and listening to all the gossip from the NPC's and cutscenes, read the diablo wiki, much more complete and even faster than narrated youtube videos
>>
>>2925215
What graphics settings are you using? DirectDraw? OpenGL? Glide?
>>
>>2925215
search
glide wrapper sven
>>
Why doesn't anybody want to play Median XL?
>>
>>2925412
Because it's shit.
>>
>>2925384
Default I guess. I can't run the diablo 2 video test program properly.

>>2922124
What made diablo 2 and 1's lore is that they didn't explain everything so there was mystery. Take heaven, the angels. We know there are angels, Tyreal is one and other characters mention them. But we never actually see what heaven is like or how other angels even look. We sort of know what they like and don't like but we don't know what their ultimate plan is. We know Tyreal is a high ranking angel but we don't know who his boss is or exactly what his authority is.

The world stone is super importaint, it's guarded so well not even the angels can get inside, and Baal can only get inside by using an artifact to make it so he doesn't have to fight the ancients.

Who are the ancients? Well they must be at least as strong as Baa lif he is afraid of them, they give you some clues about what they are be but don't give you any of the details.

What is the world stone? The game doesn't tell you but it has something to do with keeping the realms seperate. You don't know where it came from, who built, how it works. And the biggest mystery of all what happens when it's destroyed? My friends and I talked for YEARS about what would happen at the end of d2.

Than we get to d3.
What's heaven? A bunch of statues and clean floors. What are the angels like? All of them look exactly like the one angel you've already seen and they are pretty incompetent. What's their ultimate plan? They don't plan anything, they just suck at life until PC's fix everything. Who are the ancients? Generic super-humans. Literally everything is explained in exposition with no subtlety. Any mystery left over from the last game was explained away. You're left in a boring with less enchantment than a filler saga of naruto.
>>
>>2925382
>you can't find your own words to explain why you like diablo, so you want borrow someone else's opinion?
>sounds like you simply got skinner-boxed, and you want an youtuber to tell you what your opinion should be.
No, I just like to watch youtube videos of my favorite games sometimes as background noise while I eat dinner sometimes.

Sorry I asked.
>>
>>2925634
Nah you just want to see some faggot e-celeb like Jontron or whatever tell you why Diablo is shit and old because you've never played it before and need to form an excuse to not play it.

Go back to /v/ you underage newfag cancer.
>>
File: 1449611400183.png (137KB, 466x492px) Image search: [Google]
1449611400183.png
137KB, 466x492px
>>2925640
Wut?
>>
>>2920728
>iron golem
Why not fire golem?
>>
File: 558974.jpg (491KB, 640x832px) Image search: [Google]
558974.jpg
491KB, 640x832px
>>2925447
just compare the facts that diablo utters one badass one-liner in D2 and it makes you shit your pants, while diabla D3 rants on and on like a bitch (well, it is a woman host), and it comes out as so cringeworthy & wimpy you onslaught the skip button.

one fucking line, most probably thought on a morning commute to blizzard north HQ in a ghetto bus by an intern, versus twenty thousand lines of tryhard faggot metzen frazetta/tolkien ripoff jerkoff saga paid twenty million dollars compiled through 12 years of driving porsche to irvine, coked out of his mind.

what a fucking joke. it's pathetic. games back then were cool because they were games. now they're desperately want to be bigger than life.

and this is a trivial piece of problem for that pile of shit that is D3.
>>
>>2925691
nice blog rant
>>
>>2925668
Both are shit compared to clay golem. It's just so good and the other golems are so bad.

Well, iron golem is good if your stash is full of unlimited duped top tier runewords so you can just throw away a beast axes or some shit.
>>
>>2925714
What about fire golems?
>doesn't do any wicked shit like blood golem
>doesn't need an item
>AoE damage when it dies
>>
Tried again and beat HD Mod on nightmare, this time no quadruple immunes spawned so I shit fucked everything in record time and cheesed Diablo to death so he didn't even stand a chance.

I think the sorcerer is somehow even stronger than in the unmodded game, except you know, when you run into enemies that are impossible for you to kill. Either you're blowing up everything nonstop with broken ass AoE or getting 100% rekt, 10/10 balance. I don't even know how you're supposed to be able to do this as a warrior or something, I haven't tried. I mean there's bosses that attack in melee like a machinegun or cast huge novas that shotgun in close range, random uniques that explode into three different retaliation attacks every time you damage them and wizards that teleport and spam shit even more than the ones in vanilla D1. I guess the manfight classes are just absurdly strong then?
>>
>>2926296
Fire golems are pretty mediocre. Like you listed, it doesn't need an item and deals AoE damage when it dies (though, that's a drawback, the golem being killed and whatnot).

However, the clay will win out in the end due to its slowing effect. Stack it with some cold damage and Decrepify and the target will hardly be able to move, let alone attack.
>>
>>2926525
That's interesting in a 1vs1, but not against hordes.
>>
>>2926590
The aoe damage from fire golem is really anemic and skelemancer doesn't exactly have problems against big hordes. All you need is for your skellingtons to kill something and then everything starts exploding. There's also many curses that can contain the enemies damage output as long as they aren't all champions or something.
>>
>>2926601
I might really reinstall Diablo II at this rate.
How's revive by the way?
>>
>>2926693
>How's revive by the way?
Pretty awful. The revives will get stuck and wander off all over the place which causes them to get deleted unless you have enigma and can spam teleport all the time, and they have a time limit which is really annoying, and their damage doesn't keep up with monster hp.

The only thing they're good for is some very momentary meatshields and killing bosses with urdars.
>>
>>2925691
I remember hearing an interview about the development of the portal games. For those that do not know in the portal games the bad guy taunts your character pretty much non-stop and all of the insults make the bad guy seem incompetent and unaware.

Early on in development they experimented with the bad guy being more malicious in her taunting but play testers said their feelings were hurt so that was scrapped in favor of bad guy that uses passive aggressive nagging.

That's pretty much sums about the state of gaming. The did the same with diablo as you pointed out.

Older games used to try to make the enemies seem intimidating. In Golden Axe: Deather Adder's revenge if an enemy hits you with a particularly strong attack you get knocked down. While knocked down there is a random chance all the enemies will point and laugh at you. In Phatansy Star 1 if you get a game over telling you that you lacked true courage and the bad guy has won because of your failure.

There's the saying that older games were harder because players had thicker skin. Monsters could be scarey and intimidating, now players feel bad if they ever don't win and that needs to be reflected in the lore and graphics.
>>
>>2926991
>and killing bosses with urdars
how so?

because revive only keeps non-special attributes and udars have the greatest base-attribs?
>>
>>2926991
Oh. That's disappointing.
>>
>>2927578
Urdars have crushing blow, and cb doesn't care about how shittily balanced revive's dps to enemy health ratio is.
>>
>>2926601
Are skeletons any good? I remember putting a lot of points in them, but they still got outdamaged in the long run.
>>
>>2927996
The mages suck ass other than for slowing and preventing regen, but the warriors are probably one of the best skills in the game. It doesn't kill as fast as a geared up lightning sorc or something, but when you've got maxed skeleton warriors+mastery you can solo Hell with a vendor-bought wand, because it's a very reliable skill only very few enemies can be randomly immune to.
>>
>start up D2 for the first time in years
>tell myself this time I will make a necromancer with a few really strong pets
>end up making a zoomancer again
>>
>>2927996
>>2928039
They scale with difficulty, so they stay good even in Hell difficulty
>>
>>2927078
And then a game like Dark Souls appears and sells millions.
I think the problem it's the will to appeal the widest market everytime, but the players who enjoy challenges are stil there.
>>
>>2928039
Yeah, but maxing them out means you need to be at least level 40, and you still need the corpses.
>>
didnt skeletons or mageskels get super nerfed at some major patch 1.10 some 10y ago ?

or was it in LOD, they nerfed so that with masteries you would have the same shit, while you could accomplish a similar army with less points in LOT ??
>>
>>2928047
If you're going PvM, I have found Bone Spear + Dim Vision to be a pretty fun and powerful build. You could try that. 1 point in Clay Golem and Decrep for bosses as usual.
>>
>>2929141
Actually, skeleton warriors is like the only skill that didn't get fucked in the ass by the introduction of synergies and was buffed instead. Skeletons used to require the skill and skeleton mastery, and after synergies they still require the skill itself and skeleton mastery.

I have vague memories of the vanilla D2 skeleton skills giving you +1 skeleton on every level so you had a huge army of dozens, but they scaled badly and fell off. They changed it so you don't roll around with a screen-filling horde of minions, but they buffed them so they actually work through the entire game.

I can't remember if the mages were always bad or if they got nerfed in the skillocaust.
>>
>>2929427
>They changed it so you don't roll around with a screen-filling horde of minions
All interest dropped. Having an army of minion is why I play as the necromancer to begin with.
>>
>>2930102
play necro in Median XL.
>>
>>2930106
this desu
>>
>>2930106
Already tried it. I don't like how they buffed Diablo's ring of fire and made it unavoidable. That thing murders summons.
>>
>>2930236
just use blink to get past it and your summons will be tele'd with you :)
>>
>>2930102
You'll still have a bigger army than necromancers from almost any other game if you max warriors and mages, put a point in revive and have some +skills.
>>
Gonna start a lightning aura Paladin.
>>
>>2930584
Are you looking for advice or what? Just so you know, "Auradins" are probably the strongest build possible without modding, but that's because they take advantage of runewords that God couldn't afford. A straight up Paladin using only a single fire or lightning aura... never really heard of that before. Are you only trying to complete Normal and just ignoring NM and Hell?
>>
>>2930584
What this guy said >>2930792

If you look at Diablo 2 making a build is relativily simple.

The first thing you do is find an ability and see how it's base damage looks and how you can scale it. All your potentiality will come from these two factors.

In the case of auras lightning is the best aura because it has the most base damage by a very large amount. Than you look at how it scales, you have one 4% synergy which is weak and one 12% synergy which is good. Well that will make your damage ok up until nightmare.

But how else will you scale it? The only other thing you can do is get more lighitng hits per second with attack speed which is a not something you can really stack without very specif runewords ore uniques. There is also the elemental resist lowering runeword but you can't get any of the runes without botting.

So most likely an auradin will have painfully slow clear in hell difficulty. Also consider that lighting aura sucks for AOE as the aura damage itself will too little to matter in hell.

The next part of judging a build is to see after you have spent your item slots and skill points to get offense how easily you can stack up the defenses.

As for defenses, well elemental melee sucks in diablo 2 because it cannot benefit from life-leech, this means it will be far more fragile. D2 is kind of a balancing fuck up, elemental melee guys get lower damage than their physical counter part while having worst survability and are forced to relay on a very narrow table of hard to get gear. It's like being a mage but with no range, worst damage, weaker aoe. Life leech is supposed to be the melee defense that makes up for them having to face tank a bunch of hits. And it also happens that nearly all of the % damage stats do not work for elemental damage.
>>
>>2930925
Can I just kill monsters with whatever spell look good or do I need to prepare a build before I start the game?
>>
>>2930980
Depends what you want. You could clear normal mode with anything you want, nightmare mode can be beaten with most builds but you will struggle with a bad build. Hell mode pretty much requires you already know everything about the game and requires advanced planning.

D2 is kind of unintuative with it's building and a lot of things can only be learned by experienced. The 3 difficulty loop does allow you to go in blind and have fun if you just only care about the first 2 loops.
>>
>>2930980
A little of both. Most builds will take you through Normal mode, regardless of what you choose except for ones where you intentionally handicap yourself like using nothing but the Sorc's Warmth skill.

Nightmare and Hell modes have more enemies with immunities, meaning you'll need some alternate way to kill them, such as a mercenary or backup skill.
>>
>>2931000
To add to this it's not that you CAN'T beat the higher difficulties with unoptimized builds it simply makes the game unfun to play. Higher difficulties really inflate the enemy HP pool and if you didn't choose a good damage skill you will be fighting health sponges, the game also decides to set your base elemental resist to negative numbers, so not understanding how to be tanky slows combat down as you are forced to drink potions after every encounter.

Bad gear choices can be fixed by simply getting new gear from monsters but bad skill/stat point choices are something where you only get 2-3 chances to reset them.
>>
The thing you have to remember is that D2 is not a well balanced game when it comes to skill choices.

Late nightmare and all of hell will be extremely painful or straight up impossible if you don't have a very good build. The problem is that you'll usually need to max out multiple skills to make a single skill do enough damage to actually kill the monsters, and since pretty much everything that synergizes with eachother does the same damage type and all monsters have atleast one immunity, sometimes multiple, on the later difficulties builds that do only one element will get you get rekt if you're playing solo. And no, fire druid's physical damage on his spells is so pathetic that it doesn't count as having a second damage type.

>>2931014
>To add to this it's not that you CAN'T beat the higher difficulties with unoptimized builds
You pretty much literally can't, though. Don't forget they have regeneration too on higher difficulties.
>>
>>2931069
>Don't forget they have regeneration too on higher difficulties

A mercenary can pretty much carry you through almost all of hell if you find him good gear with life leech. If you get their resistances up they can even tank the bosses for you, and spikes in damage can be compensated by potioning them. In solo mode this is sometimes necessary to deal with immunites. Although I don't think anyone would enjoy playing this way permanently. Better to reroll if you've made a build where your merc needs to baby sit you through Act 1 Hell.
>>
>>2931069
There's way too many magic immune monsters for sorcs, for instance. And the mummy wave before Bhaal is nothing but magic immune.
>>
>>2930980

Generally speaking you want to take as little as possible of the earlier skills. Fireball is pretty great on Normal, but it drops off quite badly, and you're fucked if you put 20 skill points into it for Hell mode.
>>
>>2931117
>Generally speaking you want to take as little as possible of the earlier skills.
Static field
And certain passive skills for amazon/assasin.
Also necro's skellies
>>
>>2930102

You could still have 5 skells, 5 mages, 5 revived, and a golem, as well as a merc.
>>
>>2931126

You didn't need high ranks in Static Field, though. Plus you'd get skill up items getting you the most useful earlier ranks.

But yeah, point, there's good earlier skills. But taking a lot of firebolt, molten boulder or teeth isn't going to be nearly as effective as the later tier equivalent spells like Meteor, Volcano, or Bone Spear.
>>
>>2931095
It's fine if your merc has decent gear and it's only a 1on1faggot, like your build can do two elements and some unique is immune to both. Although you might still be up shit creek if the unique is an extra strong extra fast minotaur or something.

Having the merc soloing whole packs without being heavily overleveled or twinked is just pure madness.
>>
>>2931108
Magic Immune doesn't affect sorcs. "Magic" in d2 is any non-physical type of damage which is not fire,ice,lightning, or poisen: stuff like the necromancer's bone or the barbarian berserk.

D2 has a lot of unintuative crap like this which makes it so you pretty much need to look up guides in order to play on hell mode. For instance, the natural reaction when reading cold resistance is to think that it will allow you to beat immunities by simplying putting their resistance below 100. But all ice immune enemies have resistance far in excess of what the ability reduces by, and resistance reduction has a secret penalty when reducing the stats of high resist enemies. This is not documented anywhere in the game or it's instruction book and it would be impossible to figure out without 3rd party crap. Yet it's essential to playing an ice sorc on hell.

d2 really makes you appreciate the advancement in UI and info-display that Poe and D3 brought over.
>>
Can an elemental druid be effective at all?
>>
>>2931137
>Having the merc soloing whole packs without being heavily overleveled or twinked is just pure madness

The first time I went into hell I didn't know about immunities. I had a fire sorceress with no way to kill fire immunes and I needed to have my merc solo entire rooms of enemies I couldn't touch. It was incredibly tedious, against iron skin enemies I would literally have to sit there for 5 minutes staring at the screen and watching my merc chip away at the hp bar. When I got to Baal and he summoned his fire immune minions of destruction my merc's retarded ai prevented him from every landing a hit on them. He would walk forward to get in attack range and than get hit, knocking him back. He would loop it over and over.

I went around grinding to try to find a way to kill them and got a staff that had like 1-1,000 lighting damage on hit. But with my 5% hit chance the minions out-regenerated my damage.

So I was left with no way to kill the minions of destruction. It was off-line so I couldn't just ask a random paladdin to kill them for me. So essentially I got 99.9% through the game but couldn't complete it.

Whoever says d2 is the greatest ARPG clearly hasn't played much of it.
>>
>>2931152

Pigs fucking ass it doesn't affect sorcs, I was doing almost literally no damage to those fuckers. Worse than stone skin + physical immune.
>>
>>2931134
>>2931117
Fireball is actually good in some builds, with some synergy and fire mastery it can do a LOT of damage. Meteorb sorc uses fireball a lot for example.

>>2931127
More like 7-9 of both skelly types with maxed skeletons and anything from "a few" to "too many" revives with one hard point, depending on how much +skills you have from gear.

>>2931126
Static field and a lot of the assassin and amazon passives work as one point wonders for a lot of builds, they're really good but you only need one or a couple of hard points.

>>2931108
The mummy wave in particular is extremely bad, because the enemies are very hard or maybe impossible to pull out of the throne room and skip, and the big cheese has a poison aura that does ten gorillion damage per second and they'll just gank your merc pretty easily if you can't help.
>>
>>2931192
>Fireball
I made a few fire sorc builds. Even with fire mastery, by the time you're say, halfway through Nightmare, you're really lagging behind other builds. I was running into the sacks of HP problem pretty badly.
>mummy wave
Yeah, thankfully at the time I was doing a full playthrough with a friend playing a Barb, so it was pretty manageable, but forget doing Bhaal runs.
>>
>>2931181
Well that's just how hell mode is. Everything is a health-sponge and has minimum of 50% resist to everything. The numbers were inflated to extend the 'end-game' of online mode.

The odds of a level 70+ monster actually dropping an item rolled with level 70 mods is almost zero and that's not even taking into affect that not all mods will be relevant for your class or that it will be rolled on a base item you can even wear (and you can forget about ever seeing a high rune). They did it this way to make the 'end game' grind+trade longer, although it completly fucked over off-line players and than the whole end-game economy was fucked over by the fact that the only people who can participate are botters.

It's mostly +skill items and charms. At around level 60 most classes simply stop scaling up their damage, they got most of their synergies (or at least the ones with a good value) and the new items aren't rolling significantly higher stats. In contrast enemies continue to scale up.
>>
>>2931152
It affects bone necros, I don't even know how you're supposed to do it as one. I've never played a bone necro all the way through all difficulties so I wouldn't know.
>But all ice immune enemies have resistance far in excess of what the ability reduces by, and resistance reduction has a secret penalty when reducing the stats of high resist enemies.
It's actually worse than that. If the enemy is immune, anything that isn't conviction aura or lower resist curse does NOTHING.

>>2931178
>So I was left with no way to kill the minions of destruction.
Anon.. I don't know how to tell you this but if you pull them all out of the throne room, lose them in the corridors and go back in into the empty throne room the game will think it's a cleared wave. You can skip the council members and venom lords like that too
>>
>>2931210

Yeah, but with say, Frozen Orb and Blizzard, I was finding the fights moving at a fairly reasonable pace, rather than the 'running around in circles slowly bleeding down guys'. There's degrees of hell mode dickbaggery. Chain Lightning wasn't particularly impressive, but against anything that wasn't Cold Immune you could make pretty decent movement against.

>hell mode design
Yeah, that was pretty noticeable by the end.
>>
2 isn't retro. Please go to /v/ to discuss 2, keep this thread to discussion of 1 only.
>bawww bawwww reported mods butbutbutbut waaaaaa complain bitch moan yadda yadda banned
Mods, if you're going to banish me for stating that Diablo 2 isn't retro just like you do every single time that I state RCT2 isn't, then just stop being mods, please. If you can't enforce the rules of the board you mod, you don't belong.
>>
>>2931227
And if you think just a simple report would have been the thing to do, it's ignored. Trust me, I've tried. These threads still exist.

Love how we have TWO other gaming discussion boards but still allow discussion that should go one of those here when it's clearly against the rules.
>>
>>2931232
>>2931227

Meta discussions go on /q/ :^)
>>
>>2931226
This may sound blashemous but I think the three loop thing is just terrible design anyway. Making you repeat the exact same level but upping a few stats is 70s arcade level design. All it does is spread the interesting armor (uniques) thinly.

The whole point of a difficulty setting is you get a choice, withe the triple loop system there is no choice. Normal mode is too easy for seasoned players even on /players 8 (espcially since it doesn't even boost monster damage) and hell mode isn't even a well designed part of the experience in off-line mode. Immunities were designed around the idea of the game being played in a group and the monster-stat boost becomes exponentially easier to deal with when you have allies that can double your defenses or halve the enemies resistance.

The game would be better if they just squished the numbers of the higher level stuff, had 1 loop and gave you a choice of several difficulties start the start of the game.
>>
>>2931260
The loop system is fine, it's natural for these games to have a long journey with the character getting stronger over time. The problem is if it's done badly.

D2 is an example where they just go crazy with the numbers and item grinding. The combination of immunities, the general tankiness of the enemies and synergy mechanics also fuck everything up. In D1 a ring with a max roll +all stats and nothing else is quite a good item, in D2 it's trashloot that wasn't even worth the effort of picking up to sell because it doesn't have +hp and multiple high resistance rolls. D1 also had elixirs, shrines and spellbooks that continued incrementing your character between levelups and gear upgrades that got less and less frequent the longer you went on.
>>
>>2931487
I think the problem started when they took the demand for 'end game' to be a greater focus seriously.

Diablo 1 is basically designed to be played once and than for you to start a new character once you save the world. The power creep on gear is low so that if you get unusually lucky or unlucky rolls it will not fuck up the difficulty curve. In d1 stat interactive is almost exclusively additive rather than multiplicative in this regard stats can be good in of themself rather than it's value being based soley on how much it multiplies base damage (hence rolls like +fire damage end up being worthless on a barbarian since his entire tree is based around mulitplying physical weapon damage, and stats that do not scale such as health regen are worthless past act 3 normal).

The demand for 'end game' basically means people demand gear checks. Essentially competative shit-sockers ruin games like these, they blitz through the game's content and rather than making a new character or taking a break want the progression to continue for hundreds of hours. So we get a pseudo-loot tread mill where you need to grind for 200 hours and trade high runes to make the final loops bearable. The game can still be beaten if you know how to milk your skill tree for as much raw damage and survability as you can and know the easy ways to buff up on stats (ancient's pledge, etc) but it's going to involve a lot of hick-ups and tedium.

So essentially the final monster stats are not balanced around gear that a player can expect to find on his within reasonable time, it's based around gear you would get if you were grinding and doing lots of trading. You could grind and trade in diablo 1 but the monster stats were not designed around it, they were designed around fresh characters that use whatever they found on the first loop and understood the stat system.
>>
>>2931562
Yeah, pretty much. The gearchecking and "muh endgame" just got even worse and more out of hand in later games like PoE.
>>
>>2931674
Poe is the best game in the genre and it's not a gear check. You can power through the game with cheese gear if you want but it's not required.

There was a user named Outzone that beat all 3 loops using only magic items, rares ore uniques solo. He picked an incredibly mediocre spell but min-maxed the crap out of it using common support gems. He used the crafting system to basically put a life+resist item in every non-weapon slot. He had end-game health and over-capped resistances with virtually no grinding. I'll also add he did it 5-10 levels LOWER than most people do.

He used a crap lot of utility skills and elixirs that didn't scale off anything. Like his entire hot bar minus 1 spell was situational defensive abilities and he juggled them perfectly. It didn't matter that he basically had zero armor because he rationed his armor potion and molten shell so well. (basically abilities that give you god-like armor for a very short amount of time).
>>
>>2931767
Yeah, but it's free. Which means there's a catch with it. Probably a XP cap per day or something obnoxious like that.
>>
>>2932215
...Wow, way to show that you've never played it.
There is no catch. No XP caps. Gives a liberal amount of extra storage for free. Only thing you pay for is extra storage if you want to have a bunch of alts and cosmetics. Thats it.
>>
>>2932232
Some guy actually proved mathematically that the stash tab system is in practice pay2win. But it's very secretly p2w, which is really silly and may mean it's unintended.

>>2932215
>Yeah, but it's free. Which means there's a catch with it.
The catch is that the way the game is designed, you either hate it despite liking the genre, or think it's the best thing in the history of videogames for some reason I honestly can't understand.
>>
>>2931260

Yeah, nothing like finally switching off players 8 when you're on Nightmare. It's like you just threw off your weighted training clothing.
>>
>HD mod
>sunless sea on hell difficulty
>all the boners are immune to everything by default
>atleast holy bolt works right
>except when it's an extra fast lightning enchanted monster with unpredictable movement and slowing ranged attacks
>can't make golem distract it because they have life leech and it's lightning enchanted
>the only way is stone curse and holy bolt
>except stone curse gives 75% multiplicative damage resistance and holy bolt is already a page 1 spell
>holy bolt, kite, stone curse 5eva
>start zoning out because I've been here long enough that the world topside has probably invented jets and nukes already at this point
>hit by a stream of charged bolts and die with capped lightning res
>when you leave a floor everything on it is healed to full
JUST
>>
Guys, enable super sampling on the glide wrapper, seriously. I thought it sounded stupid, but holy shit my pixels are so CRISP. Shit looks amazing.
>>
File: 2d4f302cb7[1].jpg (452KB, 1366x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2d4f302cb7[1].jpg
452KB, 1366x1000px
>>2932903
Sampling off, as per usual.
>>
File: ebcb57acd0[1].jpg (533KB, 1365x999px) Image search: [Google]
ebcb57acd0[1].jpg
533KB, 1365x999px
>>2932931
As you can see in comparison, that is blurred to fuck. I should have set it to 640x480 so it was even more obvious. It looks even better in full-screen (I had to take these in windowed mode)

Do yourselves the favor and enjoy the pixels as they were meant to be.
>>
>>2931192
>More like 7-9 of both skelly types with maxed skeletons and anything from "a few" to "too many" revives with one hard point, depending on how much +skills you have from gear.
With +10 or so in +skills you have 12 or 13 skeletons of each type. Since the Necro has his army, he doesn't need much armor, so you can choose equipment for its +skills.
>>
>>2932941
Damnit I've played D2 way too much and become disillusioned to everything in it, but this is still making me want to reinstall and make a skelemancer again. Corpse explosion and skeleton warrior truely are the best video game abilities of all time.
>>
>>2932942
Corpse Explosion sucks mana like there's no tomorrow. Give your Act 2 merc a polearm with the Insight rune word. It's fairly cheap and gives you +500-600% mana recharge (once your merc decides to turn on his aura, that is). Then you can spam CE all over the place. Don't even need to put points in Energy.
>>
>>2932895
>all the boners are immune to everything by default
Have you tried to attack them with the One Cup Of Two Girls? That should kill any Boner.
>>
>>2932935
CRT filters for D2 when?
>>
>>2932895
Sounds like how i beat that part. That or use the one black staff with like +200 magic spell damage and a lot of mf in combo with bone spirit.
>>
So if a werewolf builds up feral rage charges and than uses something like fury which feral rage bonuses apply to the fury attack?
>>
>>2933004
I'd actually try it
>>
So, besides Median XL, any good mod for Diablo 2?
>>
>>2930980
okok, these guys are scaring you before you even started, any rpg will have a fan made book bigger than the manual itself on how to play most efficiently.

but you CAN finish nomal difficulty

is there a point in playing closed bnet?
i say just try all shits, when you beat normal diablo (or if you cant), just reset the skill assignements with Plugy or some char editor, and plan the build for nightmare, but JUAST PLAY THE GAME for starters, its crazy good and easy

perhaps do a: press enter and type /PLAYERS4
then enter

will harden monsters & quantity, but still easy, you can turn it off when it starts getting too tough
>>
>>2935428
about bnet, i meant "fuck it and play single trying all skills", while still only wasting 1 per skill ofc
>>
>>2930980
lol you're so fucking bad the game already kicked ur ass b4 you even started faggot. u can't even finish normal solo, LMAO.

btw give me ur name on bnet so I can blow you the fuck out you pussy ass faggot. ur so scared lmao
>>
>>2935436
That anon is fucking new to the game and talking about playing single player and learning the ropes you stupid troglodyte.

Shithead elitist faggots like you are the reason I fucking hate battle.net and haven't touched it in years.

It's good to know it's community is still literally retarded stoners with massive chips on their shoulders.

Drink bleach, seriously.
>>
>>2935448
suck my dick and qq moar care bear faggot.

bet you don't even play ladder, lmao u so bad
>>
>>2935448
>knew to a game
>rather than figure shit out for yourself better ask 4chan how to play the video game myself
>OH MY GO! Why aren't you hand-holding. Why are you making fun of him? It's not like the google is filled with strategy guides!
>>
>>2935452
Thanks for proving my point that a 15 year old community is still stagnated with teenagers called xXx420dARkGoKuxXx.

>>2935467
I never said any of that. I just said that this faggot here is threatening him and being a shithead for literally zero reason, while everyone else is helping out and giving hints.
>>
>>2935472
Hmm that is a problem. Maybe we can report him to the moderates for online harassment. Cyber bullying is this generation's holocaust.
>>
>>2935476
Or just call him a retard and move on?
>>
>>2935480
That would require maturity, so NEVAR!
>>
>>2935472
lmao fuck u faggot care bear, yeah what's ur name on bnet? ur just scared to get btfo so bad
>>
File: 1453309399439.png (70KB, 162x248px) Image search: [Google]
1453309399439.png
70KB, 162x248px
>>2935485
>>
>>2935487
yea nice star wars pic u fucking nerd lmao. ur so mad and scared qq fucking faggot
>>
File: get a load of this cuck.jpg (29KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this cuck.jpg
29KB, 500x333px
>>2935491
>star wars
>>
whoa whats happening here

>>2935485
>simple infinigrind rpg
>not even permanent universe and hard-to-create characters
>non jokingly taunting someone to a duel
srsly faggot?

i guess you're even more lame than the other anon that asked for spreadsheets before even starting the game
>>
>>2935493
so what I don't know ur fucking nerd movie shit, faggot lmao, all I now is that u fucking suck so bad that u scared 2 go on bnet lmao
>>
>>2935491
>pretending to mix up an ubiquitous char with some action film reference

>>2935493
falling for so obvious bait
>>
>>2935497
hi there fellow nerd, we appreciate the attempt at humor, but hum.. too inane

amp it up anon
>>
>>2935497
Not sure if you're genuinely retarded or underage. Either way you missed your stop >>>/v/ is what you want friendo.
>>
So the only way to change single player difficulty in D1 is either start a new character on nightmare/hell in Hellfire or use the trick where you go on battle.net, quit, then start a single player game?

There's really no mod or something to change the difficulty?
>>
>>2935969
I think you can just start a LAN game and set the options.
>>
>>2935980
Does this use your single player character or do you have to start one?

I'd check, but I won't be at my PC until Monday, when I can download a copy of D1.
>>
>>2936023
LAN uses the character files on your PC. The only difference is that other people can connect to it, although if you really don't want that you can put a password on.
>>
>>2935310
it's fun but challenging.
>>
>>2936028
>>2936023
both LAN and Battle.net for Diablo 1 uses the local files.
>>
>>2936205
I'm probably retarded here, but does that mean then you CAN use the same character both online and offline?
>>
>>2936323
Yes
>>
>>2935310
PlugY if you're sticking to single player. Makes it WAY easier to mule items if you're keeping it quasi-vanilla.

>>2934605
Yep.

>>2935448
Please don't feed the troll, just ignore it.
>>
>>2936546
PlugY isn't really a mod more like a tool/addon. PlugY is included with Median XL and countless other mods because of that tool functionality.
>>
>>2880832
>No Set quests or dugeons
>No Runes
>No Augmenting
>No Kanai Cube
>No legendary Gems
>No sets
>No Unique affixes
>No Rifts
>No legenday potions
>No end game content
>No spell modifacations
>No Rift Guardiens
>No leaderboards
>No complex class builds
>No Paragon
>No scaling Difficulty
>No Torments
>No upgrading Gems
>No Adventure mode
>No good story
>No crafting
>No Hellfire Amulet
>No Talents
>No unique stats on gear
>No Enchanting
>No Transmog
>No multiple viable builds
>No set bonuses
>No Intelligence stat
>No Armor stat
>No unique class resource's
>No Treasure Goblins
>No Vault
>No Shrines
>No Nemisis
>No cooldown Reduction
>No tough bosses
>No Infernal Machine's
>No Bounties
>No Key Guardies
>No Greater Rifts
>No Ancient Legendary's
>No seasons
>No Events
>No Pets
>No titles
>No % Damage
>No Immunity or Resist system
>No Witch Doctor
>No Bonus Zones
>No Achievments
>No cursed chests
>No Massicar Bonus
>No kill chains
>No leaderboard
>No Blood Shards
>No Best runs
>No Arcane Damage/resist
>No Holy damage/resist
>No crit chance
>No crit severity
>No unique gear
>No portrait unlocks
>No map complexity
>No Virtical maps
>No Difficult gameplay
>No Elite Monsters
>No Unique Monsters
>No Butcher
>No Health globes
>No thoughtfull use of potions
>No good combat
>>
>>2937397
>no cooldown on everything
>not using weapons to attack
>mana that's actually useful
>different kind of potions
>a cow level
Thread posts: 530
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.