[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nzg/ Nuzlocke General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 70

File: DFvBRIQV0AEnwPI.jpg (91KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DFvBRIQV0AEnwPI.jpg
91KB, 1200x675px
Previous thread
>>33295412

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Links to official games
https://pastebin.com/7z6UNHyB
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
>Emulator info
https://pastebin.com/qRSUUHF7
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/QeWVEgEc
>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
>Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>>
File: 0ERCMYB.jpg (80KB, 940x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0ERCMYB.jpg
80KB, 940x1200px
first for hot girls
>>
>everyone is overleveled in X
>only gym leaders and meme encounters such as the furfrou duo are dangerous

Man, I hope someone kicks my fucking ass already
>>
Alright here we go again, this time going ezmode with mudkip
>>
File: 5. RUBY - 2.1.png (54KB, 1425x826px) Image search: [Google]
5. RUBY - 2.1.png
54KB, 1425x826px
>>33332376
ah fuck forget image
>>
>>33332378
What went wrong with your first run?
>>
File: 5. RUBY - 2.2.png (93KB, 1425x959px) Image search: [Google]
5. RUBY - 2.2.png
93KB, 1425x959px
>>33333286
wattson went wrong. Thought my firechicken could take him but apparently you need at least a ground type to stand a chance.

Progress so far - going to see what my catch will be in granite cave. Hopefully Tuxedo can take on the gym like last time without incidents
>>
File: Template.png (149KB, 947x600px) Image search: [Google]
Template.png
149KB, 947x600px
let's do this boys
>>
>>33333909
Good luck my friend! Is this challenge mode or standard?
>>
File: Polished Crystal_1503162232188.png (2KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
Polished Crystal_1503162232188.png
2KB, 160x144px
>selfdestruct shellder
Why
>>
>>33332246
>not playing with a level cap

if you're bored, you have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>33333990
standard, but i might try the electionlocke thing that >>33302508 has been doing

commies give you free pokecenter usage, but with a tight level limit + no shops

capitalists give you the freedom to buy items and overlevel (next gym's highest pokemon + 3) but pokecenters charge 600 per use (cost of a great ball) and there's a tax on the items (200 flat)
>>
>>33334420
first digit of this post picks starter (1-3 snivy, 4-6 tepig, 7-9 oshawott)

second digit picks party (odds = capitalist, evens = commies)
>>
>>33334527
Sure, but the first digit is not really that random. Not for another few years at least.
>>
>>33334567
i mean the 2 digits at the end of the post

also, oshawott is nice but not being able to buy potions or balls isn't
>>
File: 5. RUBY - 2.3.png (119KB, 1634x959px) Image search: [Google]
5. RUBY - 2.3.png
119KB, 1634x959px
>>33333639
Last one for now (i think). Tuxedo cleared out brawly with a close call - i think i was a bit too underlevelled. Then came May, who was pretty tough as well, but i have pretty good protection against her grovyle so i managed. Next up is Wattson where i died last time , so i'll take some precautions though i think realistically Sideburns can take him right now. I'll wait though, and get everyone in their 20's (and i'll make sure to get a shedinja as well)
>>
Still haven't even had to use Items in battle. I'm sure I'll appreciate having that rule later on, very likely even against Elesa, but other than that first Cheren fight this hasn't been too tough. Burgh down, off I go to the Desert Resort.

Now, my team does have two Pokémon that evolve by stone, and if I recall, I can get both of their stones before the next gym. So, allow me to explain my plans for them real quick:

Thorn the Petilil is close, and I will be evolving her at 28. This will give her both Aromatherapy and Quiver Dance. My planned moveset for her is Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, and Aromatherapy, giving her some great sweeping set-up potential and making her a bit of a mini cleric. Since I'm allowing items, though, I may consider replacing Aromatherapy with Dream Eater later on.

Fang the Growlithe has a bit farther to go. Specifically, 39, where she learns Crunch. Using two Heart Scales to give her a couple of moves after evolution, I plan on her rocking Flamethrower, Crunch, Extreme Speed, and Thunder Fang.
>>
>>33335141
I love your drawings anon

keep that fatstack alive
>>
>>33335692
Thanks anon, they're fun to make.

Need someone to name my Oddish
>>
>>33335776
Mr. Lady
>>
>>33335786
It's going to be a very confused little oddish for sure
>>
>>33335677
That's a pretty solid team. Looking forward to seeing how that ends up
>>
>first encounter in the ranch is a Riolu
>it's a capitalist
>>
>>33335677

This looks pretty damn good. The Desert Resort is bound to help with the type redundancies too. While the team will end up pretty generic for early on, it's going to put in work.
>>
>a fucking gible in route 13
OH BABY
>>
>>33332101
I'm not really doing a nuzlocke but i just started a Sun run and don't know if i should do anything different with it, anyone got any ideas?
>>
>>33336211
Create a new team every time you set foot on a new island
>>
File: IMG_4050.jpg (79KB, 624x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4050.jpg
79KB, 624x552px
At the Elite Four. Victory Road was horrible to me. Grinding is complete. Wish me luck, comrades.
>>
>>33336569
How does your nuzlocke work again?
>>
File: 1498340242291.gif (2MB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1498340242291.gif
2MB, 500x321px
I'm feeling pretty shit right now, Guzma just fucking outplayed me
>Try and bait his Golisopod's first Impression with Slowbro and switch to Crobat
>he used swords dance instead
>okay now I'm worried
>Crobat's wing attack doesn't take Golisopod down to half
>"w-well he'll just try and use Swords Dance again right?"
>naw son he says fuck it and uses Razor Shell OHKOing Crobat
Thank god he missed afterwords otherwise my team would have been seriously fucked.
>>
>>33336585
When I catch a Pokemon, I flip a coin. Heads, they vote capitalist, tails, they vote communist. Capitalists and Communists can only switch between Pokemon of the same party. After each gym except for the last, the Pokemon in your team determine what rules you use for the next section of the game.l (dead Pokemon don't vote). If there isn't a majority, flip a coin and that will determine what rules you use.

Under Communist rule, you have free healthcare (Pokemon Centers and the EXP share can be turned on in Gen 6 and onwards, but there's a strict level limit and you cannot buy anything. Under Capitalist rule, you can grind as much as you want and you can buy items, but there's a tax of $600 per Pokemon Center heal (not your mother or other healers) and of $200 whenever you buy items.

After the eighth gym and before the first gym, neither party is in control - basic Nuzlocke rules with a level limit.
>>
What game should I nuzlocke? I have access to all the main games but am indecisive as fuck.

>>33336651
Golisopod's First Impression is terrifying, it knocked out my Muk from full
>>
>>33336772
What games have you run recently?
>>
>>33336815
Let's see -- I've done Red, Moon, Voltwhite, Alphasapphire, and Leafgreen recently
>>
Starting an X Nuzlocke because I'm pretty bored. Which starter should I pick?
>>
File: team.jpg (537KB, 1548x1008px) Image search: [Google]
team.jpg
537KB, 1548x1008px
At Humilau, and Watt's been worked up to full team member and sofar he's been pretty amazing, god I'm going to miss klinklang with coverage moves after this game's done.

Thankfully no losses since Drayden, though Zinzolin did have himself a perma-hail team with a full blown stallrein which I should be expecting at this point.

also speaking about weather, sofar I've seen a full blown sand team, a full blown hail team and a full blown sun team, but rain's been conspicuously absent.
I've got a bad feeling I know what Marlon's strategy is going to be...
>>
>>33337208
You've probably already picked but I'm suggesting chespin
>>
>>33337301
This is the cleanest Nuzlocke sheet I've ever seen. Besides that, best of luck!
>>33337313
Hadn't picked yet, was waiting for anyone. Chespin it is!
>>
>>33337208
the gay frog and name it Sapo
>>
about to play Pokemon Platinum. Which starter should I pick?
>>
>>33337384
Turtwig named Oak
>>
>>33337384
you could always try to play on a randomizer with a randomized 2 stage starter if you want some variation
>>
Wikstrom went down to Venusaur's Earthquake and Conkeldurr's Superpower

Malva went down to Lanturn's mere existence

Drasna went down to Lanturn's Ice Beam

Siebold went down to Lanturn and Gothitelle's Thunderbolts

Diantha got shat on by a fucking ant. Iron Head -> she heals, I use Hone Claws -> Iron Head -> Iron Head -> Iron Head -> Iron Head -> X-Scissor (doesn't do enough) -> Phantom Force'd -> Crunch -> Outspeed Gardevoir at two levels below and Iron Head for the win.
And thus ends the story of Generic the Voter.
Goddamn, that was an anticlimactic final battle.
>>
>>33337761
grats man

also, stealing your idea
>>
File: Pokemon X Nuzlocke Part 1.png (505KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon X Nuzlocke Part 1.png
505KB, 960x540px
Started with Chespin. Was a female so I named her Maple.
First encounter with Poke Balls was Ziggal the Zigzagoon, also female.
Silk was a Caterpie I encountered in Santalune.
Bounce was on Route 3, hasn't been in battle at all.
Bubbles was just captured on Route 22.

Actually had some trouble against the Rising Star just before the grass on Route 22. Litleo's Ember hurt a lot since I didn't have any resist.

Going to train everyone up to Level 10 before I head into the gym. 100% doing a Butterfree vs Vivillon battle.
>>
bumping just to bitch about B2's earlygame

>designated shitmon route
>only way to grind is to grind on lv. 4-6 mons that offer jack shit in terms of experience
>even if you grab a Riolu, Force Palm is at level 15 (it's at level 11 in BW) just to fuck with you
>>
>>33338501
B2/W2's early game is so shit. Thankfully it expands after the first gym, but before that it's almost entirely shitmons.
>>
File: sherkgeslk.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
sherkgeslk.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>started a Bloody Platinum Nuzlocke
>saw all that BP offered
>looksinteresting.mp3
>start the ish and pick totodile
>you're my boy blue
>eventually obtain willow the tailow, jel the tentacool, ken the torchic
>make it to oreburgh
>everyone is within 5 levels of evo
>except jel, cuz that dude takes forever
>go to route north of oreburgh
>A WILD LARVITAR APPEARS
>shitmypants.png
>name him Sweep, because he killed Ken, Blue, and Willow
>catch a geodude i name rocky
>teach sweep rock smash
>itstime.jpg
>challenge roark
>roasting him because sweep
>aerodactyl
>thunder fang, ice fang, fire fang
>lose the run. pic related, mfw
>TAKE 2
>Hank the Charmander
>propain
>Ethan the Pidgey
>ethanhawk.joke
>Digger the Sandshrew
>Granita the Geodude
>haven't gone to the route above Oreburgh yet. Nor have i been to the mining caves
how fucked am i?
>>
>>33339407
If I were you, I'd start prepping the graves.
>>
>>33339415
honestly i wouldn't be in this situation if Hank and Ethan didn't crit my encounters. lost a Krabby and Poochyena to that.
>>
File: Template_B2_Politics_Mode_1.png (175KB, 947x779px) Image search: [Google]
Template_B2_Politics_Mode_1.png
175KB, 947x779px
thank fuck i have capitalism up for Roxie

also, i decided on a name scheme, have names of currencies be the names for Capitalists and have names of tools for Commies

Team:
Marx (Oshawott, Communist, Lv. 10)
Washington (Sewaddle, Capitalist, Lv. 10)
Rothschild (Riolu, Capitalist, Lv. 12)
>>
File: Pokemon X Nuzlocke Part 2.png (524KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon X Nuzlocke Part 2.png
524KB, 960x540px
>>33338269
Gym went really well. Everyone got at least one level except for Azurill because Azurill is kind of shit. Doesn't even have Huge Power.
Butterfree vs Vivillon did, in fact, happen, and it was glorious. Confusion spam pretty easily beat it.
Going to move on to Lumiose and I guess catch something on Route 4, as well as pick a Kanto starter. Probably Charmander, since I have Azurill that will evolve into a Water-type and I have Mable as a Grass-type.
>>33339735
Good luck, I like the naming theme!
>>
>>33339735
Good luck!

One of the big things I had troubles with in Y was when my best counter for an upcoming gym or challenging fight either only had one supporting teammate or had to solo it. A trend I noticed was that Capitalism goes good after Communism, and Communism goes good after Capitalism. Because you don't buy any items in Communism, you have a bunch of money stored up for items and healing, and said items can then be used when you go back to Communism. If you keep the same team around a bunch, you'll likely stay as the same party for a while, dwindling your money as a Capitalist and dwindling your items as a Communist.
>>
>>33339933
yeah, i have a ton of money now but not being able to buy anything for Cheren sucked

and i had that same trouble with the "only one teammate" part, nearly lost Sewaddle to a +1 Lillipup because i couldn't switch into anything else and Patrat was dead
>>
>>33332101
how much do people in these threads agree with the difficulty curve?
Soul Silver was a bit too annoying for me, I wanted to do something with Fairy typing but X and Y (no exp share) seems too grindy from the description and with exp share seems too easy. Moon was way too easy.

I don't have BW2 or Platinum. I'd like something other than FRLG.
>>
>>33339735
What determines whether a new catch is Cap or Com?
>>
>>33340230
coin flip, heads is cap tails is com
>>
>read Holo Caster as Holocauster

Shit
>>
What's the best place to level grind for the Elite Four in ORAS?
>>
>>33340649
going all over the place for trainer rematches
>>
When's the earliest Dusk Stone in SacredGold/StormSilver?
>>
File: Part 8, Runway Runaway.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Part 8, Runway Runaway.png
2MB, 1280x720px
A few new catches, Elesa down, and we're moving right along. Next gym's pretty much right around the corner, and quite frankly I don't see why Thorn shouldn't sweep it comfortably with some Quiver Dance setup.
>>
>guts
>brave

I have faith in Tuxedo
>>
>>33340375
What, you thought it was a coincidence that the guy who leads Team Flare and wants to burn down everyone who doesn't fit his personal ideal of beauty made something called the Holo Caster?
>>
>>33341615
Unfortunately i lost Sideburns to a magnemite (i know, i suck), and as it turns out, no amount of grinding can get a team through Wattson without ground, fire, or fighting type moves. So i tanked again. Really though, how bullshit is that? The only ground type up until that point is a low-chance geodude and mudkip, and if you didn't pick him you're royally fucked. I'll try again, but I'm starting to get really fed up with the lack of variety in this gen's pokemon encounters.
>>
HERE WE FUCKING GO

ORIGINAL POKEMON RED NUZLOCKE

AND MY BULBASAUR ALMOST FUCKING DIED TO LV4 PIDGEY AND FIRST ENCOUNTER GARY!
>>
File: nuzlcoke heartgold.png (449KB, 1046x708px) Image search: [Google]
nuzlcoke heartgold.png
449KB, 1046x708px
My first nuzlocke ever. Killed off my Hoothoot at an early level because I was still used to my reckless play style. I actually released him instead of putting it on DEAD box, so I can't remember the nickname or level.

Nibbles is the slave.

Haven't had problems so far or close calls. T45 cleans house with everything that isn't grass or water. I'm just skeptical about Spiderbro... how far can a bug go? (Yes, my knowledge has limits the farther I go into the generations)
>>
>>33342529
Keep Spiderbro alive, he's my favorite.
>>
are people serious when they recommend marriland nuzlockes here

i tried to watch the emerald one and god he's unfunny and loud as fuck
>>
File: black2-0.png (141KB, 1278x341px) Image search: [Google]
black2-0.png
141KB, 1278x341px
HERE WE GO
>>
>>33343311
that's a really nice looking template
>>
File: marlon1.png (10KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
marlon1.png
10KB, 256x384px
Challenging Marlon
Worst fears confirmed
Potential massacre incoming
>>
>>33343967
How do you get Gengar? I have a Gastly sitting out because I thought he'll only get to Haunter.
>>
>>33343991
Blazeblack2 has this thing called covenant ore: using one of them causes a trade-evolution to evolve

you can get every single pokemon ingame in these hacks, use whatever you want.
Heck I think I got my first covenant ore before the 4th gym, and you can buy all evolution items in the shopping mall eventually so go nuts

also status of the fight: focus sash carracosta down (thank fuck I suspected sturdy and switched out chlorine) and LO starmie with thunder down (samaritan is a god damn trooper)
>>
File: Template_B2_Politics_Mode_2.png (179KB, 947x779px) Image search: [Google]
Template_B2_Politics_Mode_2.png
179KB, 947x779px
>communism up for burgh

fuuuuuck

Team:
Marx (Oshawott, Communist, Lv. 16)
Hammer (Growlithe, Communist, Lv. 16)
Washington (Sewaddle, Capitalist. Lv. 16)
Rothschild (Riolu, Capitalist, Lv. 16)
>>
File: marlon2.png (14KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
marlon2.png
14KB, 256x384px
so yeh, course he has kingdra

that said at +3 quiver dance so lets hope a hurricane ohko's
>>
>>33344157
hurricane did not in fact ko, just get very near
and kingdra decided to dragon dance

and then hurt himself in confusion, thank fuck for that 30%, I'd have been looking at a full team sweep otherwise
>>
>lost my dunsparce as soon as i got it

why even live
>>
these threads about really about talking about nuzlockes are they? seems they exist only for people to yell at a crowd about their personal adventures. like a public journal no one reads, but every author assumes is being read.
>>
>>33342529
spiderbro is based, don't lose
>>
>>33344513
i read every post even though i don't reply to them
>>
>>33343251
i mean i tried a wedlocke after watching his heart gold wedlocke, shit was fun to do
>>
>>33344513
there's only so much you can talk about small updates and too many people doing nuzlockes at once for people to always get comments. thread is fine as it is. sometimes you just need a place to vent your frustration anyway after a bullshit crit takes out your bro
>>
came up with my own challenge. gonna start it soon with Black 2
War is Hell
Rules:
restricted to 3 healing items between towns. no items in battle
1k per 5 levels to deploy drafted mons
no switching deployed with drafted, death is the only release
team wipe is not a game over, having no money to deploy mons or having no drafted mons is a game over in the event of a wipe
exp share and lucky egg can only be used if a drafted mon desperately needs it, other than that i cannot use it
set battle
nicknames must follow militaristic trend, meaning can't get a nickname like john, but more like Egg Roll or something
due to the concern of having money for deployment, resources will be stretched thin due to having to take into consideration the fact that any mon can die at any time
all other rules are just for artistic/writing purposes, like how crits give scars and their personalities could be based off their war experience, as well as the fact that any survivors that fought get shiny medals at the end.
will update soon
>>
>>33344130
If you bought balls and potions before Roxie, you should be fine to take down Burgh with your Commie team - Dewott'll be nice for Dwebble and Growlithe for literally everything else. You also have three new encounters for Route 4, Castelia Sewers, and Castelia City (the center where you can catch Eevee and stuff).
>>
File: War is Hell Black 2 .png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
War is Hell Black 2 .png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>33344771
that took a while mostly because i decided to just use shit i had lying around to BS my own template. looks like crap but it works
time to get rekt
>>
>>33335141
What are you going to do when Nincada evolves -
keep one (which?) or both?
>>
>>33347262
>>33341998

I kept both. But everyone died in the end.
>>
>>33347282
Oops, didn't spot that one. Never even considered that people might have trouble with Wattson but then I've never reached him without a Marshtomp Seriously now how the fuck did you lose it to a Magnemite? Did you switch in with <20HP?
>>
>>33347403
nah i was at 30 hp and used mud shot and for some reason i completely forgot that he got confused the turn before (animations were switched off) so he, of course, hit himself under 20 hp and magnemite finished him off. And none of my other pokes had any effective moves against Wattson, so the run ended shortly after. Dumbest way i have ever ended a run.
>>
>>33347441
Welp, RNG's a bitch
>>
File: Pokemon X Nuzlocke Part 3.png (554KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon X Nuzlocke Part 3.png
554KB, 960x540px
>>33339759
Not much happened since the gym.
Caught a __male Combee, aka Honeycomb.
Picked Alain the Charmander.
Caught Panni the Pancham. She took Bounce/Bunnelby's spot.
Caught Espurr on Route 7, can't remember what I named her.
Maple and Alain both evolved, everyone's pretty evenly leveled so far.
Panni crit killed the Snorlax, so I guess no encounter for Route 7 which kind of sucks. Was going to replace Ziggal with it.
>>
File: War is Hell Black 2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
War is Hell Black 2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>33346915
made it to floccesy ranch, down 1 potion, got 2 left to use, unless i count this as the next town, which i don't think it would count. anyway, got me some new team mates. now to grind to level 7 because i know my rival is waiting up ahead
>>
>>33347464
very much so. I'll try to do it again, but i'll only start posting new progress images once i get past wattson.
>>
what the fuck could a lvl15 miltank use that would one hit kill an onix 10 lvls higher?

what the flying fuck

i was grinding in fast forward and just saw my onix lying dead
>>
>>33347600
i know that feel
i'll grind in fast forward, look away for like 3 seconds, turn around to see that my mon got shrekt
>>
>>33347600
Bide, senpai
>>
War is Hell Black 2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>33347509
first gym complete, Seamstress carried us thanks to bug bite.
feeling good about this so far
>>
War is Hell Black 2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>33348248
last update tonight. fucking patrats and their bide.
>>
>>33348779
NO ANON WHY
I was rooting for Kitty..

F
>>
File: ThetaEmeraldEXNuzlocke.png (340KB, 768x525px) Image search: [Google]
ThetaEmeraldEXNuzlocke.png
340KB, 768x525px
Made it to the Pokemon League. Unfortunately, Victory Road took Byte, my Porygon-Z, away from me. I honestly sat in silence with my head in my hands, contemplating whether I should continue or not.

I got my shit together. I'm doing this for Byte. As you can see by my party, Badger is a little overleveled. But that's okay, since I plan to restructure the entire team anyways. If you guys have any suggestions, I'll be playing tomorrow since I'm done for today.

I'll probably use Altaria, and probably won't use Manaphy.
>>
File: black2-1.png (231KB, 1279x501px) Image search: [Google]
black2-1.png
231KB, 1279x501px
meaningless update, praying for magnemite bc I'm a wimp
>>
>>33349455
wait wheres your Designated Shitmon (the rt. 19 catch)
>>
>>33349473
i critted it, sadly. RIP potential Patrat
>>
>>33332101
Wait is nicoblog actually safe to use?
>>
>>33349527
Should be. Worst thing would be if an adfly link tried to download something on you, and I haven't had that happen.
>>
>>33349527
yes
>>
>>33349590
>>33349671
Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. Which link is safer though? Like among the options of Zippyshare and others.
>>
>>33349455
I like your template! Very clean
>>
>>33349764
I usually just click anything with 'Cloud' or 'Media'

I've downloaded from Zippyshare though and it's safe
>>
>>33349802
Thank you so much, Ill finally be able play DS ROMs again.
>>
>>33342051
Ivysaur
Pidgey
Rattata
Beedrill
Zubat

How fucked am I for Misty? Her Starmie scares me.
>>
File: finish.png (412KB, 1296x1040px) Image search: [Google]
finish.png
412KB, 1296x1040px
I just completed my first nuzlocke and I'm here to blog about it.
>>
>>33350461
and here's the (damn underleveled) team I took into the Elite Four. All of them were alive through Draco, but Gyarados, Electrode and Exploud died during the fight with Steven.

>forgot that Skarmory had Sturdy
>suddenly scared of how this fight would end because the second layer of spikes put Wobuffet into range of dying from one Giga Impact
>Steven somehow decided to use Bullet Punch instead
This AI, man.
>>
File: start.png (995KB, 1296x1040px) Image search: [Google]
start.png
995KB, 1296x1040px
>>33350488
forgot pic, whoops
>>
>>33350223
you got the ol' Ivycunt with ya, just give it the ol' right there fred.
>>
Sacking off Diamond. I just did loads of grinding, got two badges and then the game crashed. Moving onto something else now.

Options: Black, Black 2, X, Alpha Sapphire, Sun.

If I do X, AS or Sun I'll wonderlocke it
>>
File: welp2.png (218KB, 1002x788px) Image search: [Google]
welp2.png
218KB, 1002x788px
Fanfic Romhack anon here with Template update. this game sure loves random 15+ level spikes. Caught waifumon, then lost waifumon immediately to a random crit while training. Longdog ate a crit pursuit from a wild scyther while traveling north. birb has been the unexpected MVP while Hackmon is in the box.
>>
File: okuwamon.png (12KB, 646x390px) Image search: [Google]
okuwamon.png
12KB, 646x390px
>>33351011
Minor update: my Bug Monster has transformed into an unspeakable mass of i don't know what the fuck. Neat.
>>
>>33351286
what in the heavens fuck did you feed it?
>>
File: okuwamon.png (13KB, 648x392px) Image search: [Google]
okuwamon.png
13KB, 648x392px
>>33351483
The blood of the weak.

Also I just found this... creature.
>>
Starting a blaze black 2 wedlocke, pick my naming theme
>>
>>33352632
fetishes
>>
>>33351634
What the fuck are you playing
>>
>>33352640
Done
>>
>>33352653
keep us updated, this should be fun
>>
>>33352647
A fanfic romhack. I intend to Nuzlocke as many as I can find over this year and the next. The cringier the better.
>>
File: plz no h8 i kno it aint gud.png (289KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
plz no h8 i kno it aint gud.png
289KB, 1552x1015px
>>33352676
so begins my journey of autism and not being very good at pokemon.

Oh, and I suck at using templates and images and computers in general... Wish me luck!
>>
>>33352741
Holy shit, so update.

Game clearly stated that there was an area up north of the current town meant for post game, complete with several signs telling you to fuck off. On top of that when I went to look there was immediately a patch of grass and not a trainer in sight. So naturally like a complete fucking goon I decided to risk my entire run on capturing one of these freaks early-on. Not only did I manage it, but I managed it without losses thanks to a combination of birb mud slapping his shit and it's insistence on only using flame wheel when any other move in it's arsenal would have OHKO'd my mons.
>>
>>33352863
Holy shit, Saberleomon brings back some memories. What level are your other mons at?
>>
>>33352782
First male encounter was a starly. Enter, Groping
>>
>>33352875
This is current team comp.
Capturing Richter was completely different. I was expecting losses so I used an army of C, D, and Z teamers ranging from lv. 18-27 to eat sacrifice bunts if I have to heal while birb does her thing. I would have been incredibly fucked if it had happened to be an elec or ice mon that decided to show, but it was a risk I was willing to take.
>>
>>33352943
So it turns out the origin of Mega Evolution is that the villainous Darugis von Donutsteel shattered the omnistone, and the fragments allow pokemon to temporarily digivolve. Fascinating.
>>
Beat the next Gym. Lost Reptar though thanks to a crit water pulse from my fat fuck piece of shit friend Zeke who decided to ambush me almost immediately afterwards like a cunt.

Caught a Kirlia though, so I can repent for losing a waifumon earlier this run.
>>
>>33352890
Well Cheren just buttfucked me.
Set up to work ups then just swept with minccinos echoed voice :(.
Should I restart, kill myself or try a different game.
Leave game suggestions if I should try a new one.
>>
>>33353208
Final update before I take a break for a while.

Richter bitchslapped my rival, Asshole, and suddenly started evolving. much to my shock and terror he's become... HE'S BECOME...!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woNw5Dyqhzo
>>
>>33352863
>Drangleic route
Wtf its dark souls too
>>
>>33353286
either kys or try Storm Silver
>>
File: 1502743132854.png (761KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1502743132854.png
761KB, 1280x1280px
>>33353808
Ok and now to start stormsilver. Hopefully won't get shitmoned to death like just then
>>
>welp, just caught a capitalist Rattata and Grimer, nothing can go wrong
>commie Darumaka from Route 4
>commie Roggenrola from Relic Passage

>tfw there's a strong possibility of me going into Elesa ground-type-less and itemless

fuck me
>>
Man, HeartGold is kicking my butt, what gives

Two attempts, two failures before even reaching clair. Thought the apricorn pokeballs would alleviate not buying items but only being able to get one a day is shit. Wiped to Jasmine once and to Chuck, FUCKING CHUCK, i never wiped to chuck before.
>>
File: black2-2.png (292KB, 1277x590px) Image search: [Google]
black2-2.png
292KB, 1277x590px
>lost my starter to a Patrat using Bide because I wasn't paying attention

I'm a fucking idiot
>>
>Don't like playing on emulators
>Want to do a Pearl run because it brings me so much nostalgia due to me being a sinnohfetus
>Alright Piplup let's do this!

>Within 5 seconds into my first battle I want to kill myself because of the delay between choosing a move, attacking, watching the hp drop

How did 10 year old me do this
>>
>>33355167
played pearl and diamond on my cellphone for the autism quest (with no FF) and wiped three times between them (two after volkner)

i think most of my soul died with the runs. i'm an empty, hollow shell now. i hate gen IV so much
>>
>>33355174
I really should play Platinum but it's not the game I grew up with. It's stupid but seeing the white background for the pokemon HP and name instead of the grey background of Platinum along with the D/P character sprites and world just makes me nostalgic. Platinum is the superior game in every way and it would be so much less painful but I'm a slave to Pearl
>>
File: 4-mankey.png.cf.png (92KB, 406x400px) Image search: [Google]
4-mankey.png.cf.png
92KB, 406x400px
>>33332101
>fighting Hala
>send out Brionne, use Disarming Voice
>does a crit, but doesn't kill it
>Mankey's Anger Point activated!
>fuck
>outspeeds and annihilates my entire team in one shot
>no reserves left in the PC
Well, fuck.
>>
File: ExpGraphLv100.png (51KB, 1110x810px) Image search: [Google]
ExpGraphLv100.png
51KB, 1110x810px
>tfw entire team is in the slow leveling group
>>
War is Hell Black 2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>33348779
babs fell to growlithe, this complex is nasty to me. still need a couple more levels before going after the 2nd badge.
>>
>Scyther as my first encounter in the bug contest in HG
Oh man I love it when you actually get something cool. Anyone else have any lucky captures as of late?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170821-185637.png (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170821-185637.png
154KB, 1280x720px
Holy fucking shit lads, graveler is coming in clutch for my run of pokemon crystal. He just destroyed Whitney's Miltank as a geodude, evolved to graveler after he beat her, hadn't trained him since because he was over leveled for where I was in the game, I fucking train all the rest of my team to a respectable level for the next gym, and we're struggling like fuck against that nigga's fucking gengar. How nobody died to hypnosis dream eater spam is beyond me, but I switch into my graveler and hypnosis fucking misses, from there I got a magnitude 9 which killed gengar in one fucking hit, and then that haunter was a fucking joke afterwards

My current team right now after that gym
Oscar the growlithe
Dorknight the raticate
Norbit the graveler
Big Bird the fearow
Doodoo the bayleef
Shoopuff the slowpoke
>>
>>33356238
Bug catching contest in my first time playing crystal I caught a shiny caterpie. He evolved into a shiny butterfree and helped me destroy the elite four. He was my first shiny and i loved him dammit.
>>
>everytime whitney's miltank used Stomp, it flinched my pokemon

I'm not fucking kidding, EVERY TIME

Like, more than 10 times. STRAIGHT. And she got three crits.
I'm fucking speechless. Never seen bullshit like this before. And now my HootHoot is dead and i'm screwed of a birb (can you catch Murkrow anywhere in heartgold?)

Dammit i was counting on Noctowl to beat ghost dude. Now i'm fucked.
>>
File: nuz2.jpg (400KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
nuz2.jpg
400KB, 1366x768px
Nothing too noteworthy has happened yet.
>tfw Togepi metronomes judgement
>>
>>33356347
>Tfw did a nuzlocke run before of soul silver
>Walked into Whitney's gym with a geodude expecting to run train on her bitch ass
>tfw that clefairy used metronome and hit me with waterfall
>tfw the rest of my team died shortly after.
I'm glad I started another game and got my geodude's revenge
>>
>>33356382
never had trouble with her until now. even setup reflect during clefairy to be extra careful. but couldn't get a goddamn turn because everytime my mons flinched and miltank was faster than my entire team

and then when i finally get glare with my dunspace... bitch had a lum berry
>>
>>33356406
I hadn't really had too much trouble either. Stomp had never made me flinch, and I always got a pretty good magnitude on her. That one fucking time I was unprepared for her clefairy to fucking hit me with waterfall.
>>
War is Hell Black 2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>33356180
Roadhog evolved, was able to handle the gym, now i gotta go through "mandatory time sink" before i can continue my quest
>>
>mfw the flip ended up being in favor of Commies again
>mfw I have to go into Elesa groundless and itemless

it's over isn't it

Team:
Washington (Swadloon, Cap, Lv. 20)
Rothschild (Riolu, Cap, Lv. 20)
Peso (Raticate, Cap, Lv. 20)
Marx (Dewott, Com, Lv. 21)
Hammer (Growlithe, Com, Lv. 21)
>>
>>33356469
at least theres one upside, the Obligatory Friendship Evolution Mon isn't a stubborn POS and evolved early
>>
>>33356593
Although, tbf, I never mind having a lvl23 crobat
>>
>>33356469
From your party, it looks like you have majority Capitalists? What happened?
>>
>>33356996
I count box mons as voters too, so it came up 4-4 and the commies won the coin flip
>>
>>33357191
well, that'd make it much harder much faster. wish you luck on your pre-elesa encounters.
>>
FUCK DRAGON RAGE
>>
File: sasasasas.png (733KB, 1262x834px) Image search: [Google]
sasasasas.png
733KB, 1262x834px
Playing a Y wonderlocke vs my sister, we are both about to face Wulfric, I'm a little bit ahead

In the left my team, her team in the right
>>
Not getting a lot of time to play this week. Did manage to squeak out a badge, though.

Went about as expected against clay. Lead with Thorn the Lilligant, and put Krokorok to sleep with Sleep Powder. Set up 6 Quiver Dances, re-applying Sleep Powder as needed, then end it by spamming Giga Drain. Onix's Sturdy did make it a little bit slower, but no more difficult. I'm excited to see that level 42 level cap more than anything, though, since Fang the Growlithe will be getting evolved at 39.

Only thing that's got me worried is that half of my box is backup Grass types. There are some decent generic backup options in there, for sure, but nothing that can take that Fire or Flying spot. I'm just going to have to keep being careful.
>>
Diglett or Sandshrew?

Diglett is pretty fast
Sandshrew is pretty bulky

>tfw Meowth ends up being a disappointment for only being good in Speed
>>
HeartGold's Safari Zone. What are you rules for this place?
>>
>>33358592
Catch as many as you want.

Even the original comic had Ruby throw balls at every Pokemon he saw in the Safari.

After your Safari tour, pick the one you want and release the rest/put them in your Graveyard box.
>>
Starting a Sun wonderlocke and oh my god! I hate the beginning of this game. Can't walk 4 foot without being forced to stop.
I can't even remember how long I have to wait for Festival Plaza
>>
>tfw end up letting geodude and onix get killed

No more anti-flying for me, now.
>>
>>33358725
How
>>
>>33358787
being retarded + crits

All my dead pokemon were killed in normal encounters.
>>
>>33358658
Starting my Alolan Journey (after a lot of Nintendo Account issues) with the following
A. Vulpix
A. Rattata
Lillipup

The way I'm doing this is going by Serebii's area anchor. Route 1 has three anchors, so that's 3 encounters. I am also playing this semi blind. So this'll be fun
>>
So I'm gonna run Fire Red Evolution again, starting tonight
Been being lazy and don't feel like picking up teams I lost any commitment to

First reply picks my starter of the base gen 1 trio
>>
>>33358947
squirtle
>>
Is Ultra Violet a good hack?
>>
>>33359517
Never played it, but it sounds fun from the description, if it has no bugs
>>
Doing a leafgreen nuzlocke and this is my progress so far
>first viridian forest encounter is luckily a pikachu
>vince faints as I attempt to capture it
>>
>>33357722
did she get a shiny conkeldurr? nice
>>
>>33361003
>no dupe clause
Why do you want to suffer?
>>
>>33358905
Worst thing about Wonderlockes are all the shit natures. And a lot of them a breeding rejects too
>>
>>33362175
Following from this, got a lightning rod Cubone. Not an awful nature, however a thick club would have been nice. Guess I'll just have to their grind to get one when I get to the volcano
>>
>>33362131
Dupe clause is for tremendous pussies
>>
>>33362175
Breeding rejects are much stronger than most wild Pokemon though. I got breedject Japanese Gible in my second trade, it demolished the whole region.
>>
>>33362375
>"tremendous pussies"
>no variety
>just overleveling your starter
>using your dupe teammates as fodder walls
Why?
>>
>>33362395
>overleveling your starter
Why do you feel compelled to keep proving how shit you are?
>>
File: Okuwamons.png (69KB, 414x171px) Image search: [Google]
Okuwamons.png
69KB, 414x171px
>>33351286
Late but holy fuck that spriting job is atrocious. From the positions of the attempted wings & right-hand claw I'd say it's probably supposed to be Okuwamon X, but it's still entirely unrecognisable - I can't see a face in there AT ALL, even though I know where it's supposed to be on X
>>
>>33362413
I projected first, fuckface.

Want to pick a fight outside school, you piece of shit?
>>
>>33362413
>>33362443
now now children, recess is in 10 minutes, settle it then
>>
>>33362375
>tremendous pussies
>having only one chance to not fail at raising a mon means you're a pussy
>having more than one chance at getting that raticate means you're a man
why do you do things backwards?
>>
>>33362477
>getting to the point where certain rutes only have one or two legal encounters because every other one has already been caught
>even calling it a random encounter at that point
> basically having the choice between every Pokémon possible near the end of the game
>>
Actual defence of dupes clause:
One of the things that makes a Nuzlocke run compelling is how it forces you to use mons that you may not have used before, or at least wouldn't normally choose. If you don't have dupes clause on, chances are you're going to be using the more common mons which - even if you haven't already used in other runs - you will more than likely run into both later in the game & in other 'lockes. Having dupes clause on makes you more likely to be able to use something different
>>
>>33362522
People don't use common mons in regular play, they use strong mons. Nobody uses Gumshoos just because it's everywhere. You're defeating the purpose of random encounters and sub-optimal teams because now you're going to have a wide roster anyway.
>>
>>33362522
However, dupes clause makes it that less exciting when you encounter a non-common poke on a route. Also, you can artificially skew your chances to meet strong pokemon by catching all the common pokes first, and then going to the route that has a special one.
>>
>>33362131
I don't really care desu. Even without it I'm pretty sure my team will have variety by the end of the nuzlocke
>>
>>33362580
But dupes clause doesn't affect whether or not you'll catch a common mon. You could argue that later on in the game you'd be more likely to use strong mons that you already have over a new common mon but that's not really any different from if you play without it.
>You're defeating the purpose of sub-optimal teams
Okay I must admit I'm coming at this from a fun>challenge angle, but I feel like I usually end up with a 'sub-optimal' team in some way regardless of how many Poochyenas I have

>>33362586
>dupes clause makes it that less exciting when you encounter a non-common poke on a route
Fair point, although I usually end up a bit excited anyway if it's not guaranteed because I'm easily immersed. The only time I've had my mon decided 'artificially' is when I've gone for a particular gift mon at a location. Realise that it's something that people can do, but manipulating the odds like that never even crosses my mind
>>
I run dupes clause with a three strike rule. On the third strike, if it's not a dupe, I have to try and capture that mon. Gives me chances to use varied stuff without cheesing the system too much to try and scum for non-dupes. It's a win win.

Then again, some games like Kanto or DP are horrible without dupes. Have fun getting Bidoof four times in a row and then later in the game missing the one opportunity for something actually interesting. When I ran Pearl, I did it dupesless, and got so desperate I actually got my other DS out and did the Underground so I could get Spiritomb, because god damn did I get jack shit.
>>
Pokémon Sun is a nightmare with all the fucking cutscenes. I don't give a shit about photo shoots! Just let me get my Hau'oli City encounter!
>>
>>33362762
Was worth the wait, got a nice little litten!!
>>
>Lisa only reached level 12
Well, at least I have juri
>>
>>33363166
You actually bought the magikarp?
>>
Dupes clause is a copout for people who can't deal with getting bad rolls in a run that's all about working with what you got. The most basic rules of nuzlocke are capture the first thing you find and death is permanent. That's it, and you can't even follow that. Don't know why you even bother with the run.
>>
>>33363293
>le dupe is bad
>the faggot proves he buys the goodmons >>33363166 or manipulates rng
>>
>>33363193
Yep, it's literally in every body of water anyway so might as well get one early
>>
>>33363320
Yeah, he manipulates it within the confines of the rules. He doesn't make up a bunch of extra leeway that makes RNG faggotry even easier. You have literally no excuse. You just can't handle the mode.
>>
>>33363358s
>he manipulates
I won the argument lmao
>>
>>33363376
>him being a faggot justifies my much bigger faggotry
Dupescucks are this delusional
>>
>>33363320
Wtf are you trying to bring me into your stupid little argument for? fyi, I wasn't the one who said dupes was for pussies. I'm doing a vanilla nuzlocke because I want to. Why do you even care how I play the game? Grow up
>>
>>33363397
I still won, buddy
>>
File: goats.jpg (257KB, 482x636px) Image search: [Google]
goats.jpg
257KB, 482x636px
how about you guys just agree to disagree. some people play with dupes because they don't want to have 4 rattatas
some play without it so they can try their luck and see if they can get less than 4 rattatas.
it's all about how they want to be challenged by the game.
>>
>>33363720
NO. THEY'RE WRONG & THEY'RE ALL UNDERAGE AUTISTIC FAGGOTS
>>
I play with dupes clause because my luck is so bad I always get the early route normal type as my first encounter on every early route. Every. Time.
>>
File: Pokemon X Nuzlocke Part 4.png (564KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon X Nuzlocke Part 4.png
564KB, 960x540px
>>33347472
Haven't been able to play until now, so barely any progression.
Caught Buddha the Meditite in Connecting Cave, it has replaced Panni the Pancham.
Also captured a Zangoose (can't remember the name) on Route 8 and Sandbag the Hippopotas on Route 9.
Really considering adding Sandbag to my team, but not sure what i'd replace. Thoughts?
>>
File: e-locke-tion.png (5KB, 624x552px) Image search: [Google]
e-locke-tion.png
5KB, 624x552px
Gonna try out an electionlocke on Diamond.

Post digits determine my starter
1-3: Turtwig
4-6: Chimchar
7-9: Piplup
0: I choose
>>
>>33348842
WOW I'm stupid. I never got the Mega Armlet. That is why Mega Evolution wasn't working.

Still doesn't explain how I could mega evolve randomly though..
>>
>>33363870
Replace Shitzagoon.
>>
>>33364375
Zigzagoon is great
>>
>>33364375
>not respecting that early game Linoone Headbutt

you're a disgrace.
>>
Just some cool catches, changed my team around just a bit. I'm actually really tempted to replace Syringe the Crobat with my new Axew, Battle Axe. But, I like having that Fly on me at all times, and it's not like Syringe is falling behind or anything. I dunno, I think I'm fine for the time being. Got rid of the duplicate Water type, didn't throw off my Physical to Special attacker ratio.
>>
>>33364633
If you haven't used it before definitely give Axew a whirl at some point - perhaps train it up for Drayden?

Was wondering how you got both a Ferroseed & a Nosepass until I looked it up & was reminded that Clay Tunnel exists. Haven't gone through there since my very first W2 run

Nearly there Fang bro
>>
>>33364684
My plan for Drayden, actually, was going to be Thorn, Fang, and Battle Axe combo. Use Thorn to put Druddigon to sleep, then Flash away its accuracy. Switch in and out Fang for some intimidates. Then, swap to Battle Axe, set up 3 DDs, and sweep.

As for Nosepass, he's actually my Hidden Grotto encounter. I don't think I can access Clay Tunnel yet. And I, as well, am super excited to get Fang to evolution level.
>>
>>33364375
Fuck you, Ziggal is my favorite.
>>33364461
>>33364503
These anons have the right idea. I'll just keep my team the way it is. If someone dies maybe then I'll sub in Sandbag.
>>
Good news: I managed to snag a Capitalist Trapinch off the desert resort

Bad news: I'm still horridly underleveled and i'm going in against Elesa itemless
>>
>>33365594
How are you enjoying the variant so far? Seems like a lot to keep track of, but I like it in concept. If I manage to beat White 2, I'll have beaten every pair of games in a Locke, and I'm eyeballing potential candidates for retreads through regions, such as this Politicslocke or a Wedlocke.
>>
>>33362890
Trading off the makuhita. I got a Rowlett in return! I haven't used one before, so let's give him a go.

Current team
A.Vulpix lv 12
A.Rattata lv12
Cubone lv 19
Lillipup lv 15
Litten lv 12
Rowlett Lv 1
>>
>>33366972
Trading off my Hau'oli Cemetary encounter. It was a gastly, and I got a drilbur in return. Which honestly; I might put in my team. It's adamant with Mold Breaker.
>>
Playing my first ever Nuzlocke (ORAS) and FUCK Winona.

>Skarmory crit Steel Wings my Gardevoir
>Gardevoir had Charge Beam and Draining Kiss for Altaria
>Had to PP stall Altaria by tanking Dragonbreaths and baiting out Earthquakes by switching between Marshtomp and Tropius

Feels dirty but fuck it, I had to do it. I'd have been fucked if I was doing a no healing items run.
>>
>when you give Meowth a chance and he dies to a random crit

Fuck this game.

>when your team consists of "le speedy physical attackers" and zero bulky tanks or specialists

FUCK THIS GAME.
>>
File: RIP.png (720KB, 1920x972px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
720KB, 1920x972px
Just got fpw by Flannery in Expert Emerald, what game now
>>
is black worth doing a nuzlocke and should I have a theme for nicknames
>>
>>33367456
get the ar code for challenge mode and it is the hardest official title to nuzlocke, so yea. just go with whatever nicknames you feel like, if you want to theme them then it's up to you.
>>
>>33367456
themes make it fun
some examples i've used are
fruits for females. veggies for males
actors and actresses
fictional male and female names
and my most recent run is military-esque nicknames.
>>
>>33366374
It's pretty fun, but it can get hard when you're locked into the same party for 2+ gyms because then your money (as a capitalist) or items (as a commie) are going to run out
>>
>>33367462
>get the ar code for challenge mode
how do i do that? never played BW and BW2 but when i do i definitely want challenge mode
>>
File: 5. RUBY - 3.1.png (140KB, 1634x959px) Image search: [Google]
5. RUBY - 3.1.png
140KB, 1634x959px
3rd try going strong. Got past Wattson without incidents so now i can start the regular updates again. The team this time around is pretty good, though Mohawk is of course carrying pretty hard. Redbump isn't too shabby though. But as far as flying types go, I'll probably replace her when i find something better. I hope A N G R Y stays with me through the end though since breloom is one of my favorite pokes. Zap n crap just learned her first electric move so i'll probably be depending on her against the thousands of wingulls and tentacools i'm expecting to face. I have no idea what happens next though, gen 3 is so far back in my memory. Don't be surprised if i tank for the 3rd time.
>>
>>33367415
I just leveled a Nidorino instead of a Nidorina, I hope I don't regret it.
>>
>>33369059
no kills? nice

I hated Eletrike at the time, do you like it?
>>
>>33369449
a bitch to get her to lv 20 but right now she's actually not that bad. Just caught a Swablu though, so he's replacing beautifly immediately.
>>
>>33369059
why do you only ever have 5 Pokémon on your team? You have some solid options in the box, even if they have bad natures.
>>
>>33369752
Which are you thinking about? No reason to have 2 normal types on a team. And no reason to have a geodude when Mohawk is better in every single situation. And illumise has a horrible learnset - absolutely zero STAB moves. I always try to keep a full team, but only if they serve a practical purpose.
>>
>>33369780
Illumise is more of a supportive role. It can actually be very handy for stalling strats. Not the best choice, I agree, but could be handy. And though I love Linoone, Exploud could potentially be better late-game. As for Geodude, a Graveler would make a much better dedicated Physical wall than a Swampert, and could be helpful to have trained up and ready for Winona. Even ignoring all of those, filling in that last slot with another Zigzagoon could help you get more items from Pickup, if either of them have it.
>>
File: 369_338.jpg (136KB, 540x580px) Image search: [Google]
369_338.jpg
136KB, 540x580px
>>33369897
oh, my team has always been filled up with up to 3 zigzagoons that gives me crazy pickups. I'm only counting "team members" as the ones that i actually use in battles. And I guess that every pokémon in my box has some potential, but in the end they all have horrible natures which is mostly why i don't bother, especially since my team is pretty diverse as it is. Oh and i just caught a frickin solrock that will fill the empty space beautifully.
>>
>>33367028
WELP Drilbur died. Apparently it's impossible to hit a cutiefly with Fury Swipes, and I didn't see it hit with any accuracy dropping moves.
>>
>>33369950
your album is pretty cool btw
>>
File: e-locke-tion.png (39KB, 624x552px) Image search: [Google]
e-locke-tion.png
39KB, 624x552px
man, I forgot how boring sinnoh is in terms of speed and pokemon variety
>>
>>33370562
You literally just started
>>
>>33370562
play platinum instead, it's faster and has more mons
>>
>tfw milktank sweeps your whole team

THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT, FUCKING RETARDED INVENCIBLE MOVESET FUCK
>>
I greatly underestimated Skyla, but thankfully not to any tragic degree. Wire did come out of his fight with that Swanna with only 4 HP remaining, though. Lesson learned for future Challenge Mode runs. I believe that the next thing that happens is a whole bunch of Plasma plot, broken up after a bit by the next gym. I will be training up Battle Axe the Axew in preparation for said gym. In fact, now that Fang is evolved and has Thunder Fang, I'm tempted to actually drop Wire from the team completely in favor of Battle Axe.
>>
>>33371065
how do you have Nosepass, Ferroseed and Boldore all on the same team when Nosepass and Ferro can only be found in chargestone cave
>>
>>33371110
Hidden Grotto is its own location. Nosepass was my Hidden Grotto encounter. Ferroseed was Chargestone Cave. Boldore was Guidance Chamber.
>>
>>33371138
>Hidden Grotto is its own location
you've been doing it wrong
>>
>>33371153
I enter a Hidden Grotto, and select "save." It says I'm in Hidden Grotto. I just checked my Nosepass, and its "met" location says Hidden Grotto.

It's the same reason that I only allow myself one Pokémon in Pinwheel Forest, not counting inside and outside separately. The same reason that when I do Sun and Moon, I count all three distinct areas of Route 1 as a single encounter, because they are all still Route 1. Save Location and Met Location are law, that's my interpretation.
>>
>>33371171
fair enough, although i don't use grottos personally (don't like a catch you got? enter a grotto and go wild)
>>
>>33371065
Ayyy Fang's finally there
>I believe that the next thing that happens is a whole bunch of Plasma plot
Nope, first you've got a whole bunch of routes with no contribution to the main plot +1 rival fight

>>33371171
So you only have one hidden grotto encounter in the game? Interesting. How come you decided to go for that one? Lower chance of an Audino?
>>
Nuzlocke is a sign of autism
>>
>>33371240
Originally, I was going to take the Skill Link Mincinno. Then my Route 4 encounter was a Mincinno, so there went that plan. So, I just kept checking in on Hidden Grottos, and took the first new Pokémon I saw.

And yes, Fang is such a machine now. Team's really coming together, better than in most Nuzlockes I've done. A little good luck's been going a long way for me.
>>
>>33371273
Out of interest did you actually train Fang properly or just stick an Exp Share on it & leave it at the back of the party? Whenever I've tried training a Growlithe it ends up becoming so weak & frail that by mid-to-late 20s it ends up going in the daycare until I can quickly get it to lv43/5
>>
>>33371323
Trained her properly. Eviolite + Intimidate = Great Audino Killer. By the time she got Flame Burst, she was even able to hold her own in trainer battles.
>>
>>33371349
Nice. Clearly I need to stop sticking eviolite on other things or just stop sucking definitely the second one
>>
File: Template_B2_Politics_Mode_4.png (190KB, 947x779px) Image search: [Google]
Template_B2_Politics_Mode_4.png
190KB, 947x779px
MOTHERFUCKING COMMIES LET ME USE ITEMS

Team:
Riyal (Trapinch, Cap, Lv. 28)
Rothschild (Lucario, Cap, Lv. 27)
Peso (Raticate, Cap, Lv. 26)
Marx (Dewott, Com, Lv. 27)
Hammer (Growlithe, Com, Lv. 26)
>>
>>33371399
>watchog used Confuse Ray!
>Peso hurt itself in its confusion!
>Peso fainted!

gommunism :DD
>>
>>33371399
>>33371455
But if Peso is in capitalists then why are you complaining about the communist group? Maybe it's just late but I'm very confused
>>
>>33371482
I now have a commie majority and am guaranteed to keep said majority due to there being only 1 encounter between Elesa and Clay (route 6)

and with the commies, I can't buy items which sucks
>>
>>33371491
Oh okay, yeah that sucks man. I had absolutely no idea how electionlockes worked. Thanks for the spoonfeed. So worst case scenario (besides a wipe) is that catches are distributed evenly from now on & so half of them will completely go to waste?

Also in BW2 you can get all the way up into Chargestone Cave before facing Clay. Plus the Zorua if you're allowing giftmons
>>
>>33371491
i cant buy items regardless since the first game. learn how to deal with it
>>
Keep trying to start up a Storm Silver run but I keep getting frozen games on the first battle. I've done just about everything I can think of.

If anyone wants to drop a download link to a patched ROM I'd greatly appreciate it, and maybe we consider adding it to the OP
>>
This nuzgen seems the most hostile I've seen in a very long time
>>
File: 5. RUBY - 3.2.png (153KB, 1761x959px) Image search: [Google]
5. RUBY - 3.2.png
153KB, 1761x959px
>>33369059
2 evolutions: Azza and A n g r y. Mt. Chimney was a breeze with Mohawk as expected, but I'm starting to get a bit underlevelled, so for now I'm just grinding until all the dudes are in their late 20's so i can battle Flannery and Norman back to back. I'm thinking A N G R Y can take him on with a bit more training (Already loving this guy). I was lucky enough to get a Solo the Solrock and White Afro the Swablu as my rt.114 and Meteor Falls encounters. White afro replaces Beautifly, and with that i think my team is going to be these guys forever unless something disastrous happens.

>>33370368
thanks man
>>
>>33371533
Yeah normally it's pretty comfy in here but tbf it was just that one thing about dupes, which there's often a minor argument about anyway

Meanwhile the Sage thread has been a complete hugbox aside from one Cloverposter who barely even tried & didn't even get a response. Board's having a funny day or so I guess
>>
And now i waste all my pokeballs on a spinarak which refuses to be caught. Super.

Beating the entire game with just pokemon till god knows when i'll find another pokeball
>>
>>33371604
>beating an entire Nuzlocke with just Pokémon

woah. Good luck, my man.
>>
>>33371573
Well that empty deadbox is certainly showing improvement from before still can't believe you lost a Marshtomp to a fuggin Magnemite.
Will never let you forget it

Used a Swablu for the first time ever in a recent Cuck attempt - far stronger & survivable than expected, & evolved much earlier than expected too. Solrock's cool but couldn't figure out a good way to use the thing

Guess I'll have a flick through that imgur before bed then
>>
>>33371650
Solrock can beastmode through most of the game although you're gonna have to be careful around Norman (most of his mons have some sort of Ghost moves which killed my run)
>>
>catch a Ducklett on the bridge
>capitalist, thank god
>go into Route 6
>Tranquill
>eh fine, no catch is a bad catch
>GOMMUNISM :DD
>>
>>33371719
The Pidove line is the line that taught me that there is, in fact, such thing as a bad catch. They're the only Pokémon that my opinion of has decreased since I've started Nuzlocking.
>>
>>33371774
Eh, Pidove hasn't turned out bad for me in a previous White 'locke

now Swablu on the other hand
>>
>>33371955
why you be hatin on cloudbird
>>
>>33372080
because it dies to a light breeze and is about as strong as one
>>
So, in my quest to defeat a game from each gen, I'm left with Gen IV, V, and VII.

So, Platinum, Black, Black 2, or Moon?
>>
>>33373003
share my pain, do Platinum

for additional masochism pick Piplup
>>
>>33373138
Jokes on you, I like Piplup.

Lgtss
>>
>>33371528
https://mega.nz/#!BJNGHZpD!C4txKI0IGMDaPwfsPig4A70sphmLof9nO37FOjBmT48
Should work fine.
>>
>Modest Frillish
>followed immediately by a Calm Staryu

I don't think that my Samurott is much longer for my main party.
>>
>>33373559
Time to start preparing for that endgame long haul. I feel like my team's pretty set in stone at this point, barring deaths obviously. Just beat my rival, and now I'm just going to train everyone up to 46 real quick before moving on.

Changed the layout slightly. Let's see how having all of my Pokémon to-scale size-wise works out.
>>
Gen 1 Nuzlocke is such a disappointment

My starter never diesv and I don't use any healing items during battle
>>
I've never played FireRed/LeafGreen
Are they good nuzlocke games? Any rule recommendations?
>>
>>33374260
The OP's pastebin links have a lot of info on generations to nuzlocke and other rules.
>>
>>33374260
they are the best games to start

most of the modern features except for physical-special split
story/characters/pokemon familiar enough to keep the focus on playing the game
easy enough for starters, but still punishing if you goof around
vs seeker is a godsend
>>
Growlithe died but at least i have an even number of caps/coms now
>>
File: Rip Bruno.png (2KB, 79x87px) Image search: [Google]
Rip Bruno.png
2KB, 79x87px
Platinum Nuz'er from the other day. Last time I beat Cynthia with no deaths and now I'm doing post game.

Back here to tell you ya boy got fucked in Stark Mountain. Sad reacts for our muscular boy.
>>
Golduck or Wailord
I'm on Emerald
>>
>>33375046
Golduck
>>
File: Union Cave.png (75KB, 506x314px) Image search: [Google]
Union Cave.png
75KB, 506x314px
>>33373550
thanks to this anon I'm up and running

Just beat Falkner without any loses due to overleveling. I was trying to feel out the difficulty of the game and went in safe, but I'm enjoying the challenge so far. The game itself is also pretty well made, although the amount of Pokemon available on each route does feel overwhelming.

Here's the team heading into Union Cave, with a Bellsprout, Gastly, and Jigglypuff in the PC.
>>
File: 5. RUBY - 3.3.png (175KB, 1761x1007px) Image search: [Google]
5. RUBY - 3.3.png
175KB, 1761x1007px
>>33371573
whelp, Mohawk the marshtomp got downed by Norman's slaking's focus punch critical hit. Too bad, but not impossible to recover from - Juicer the numel will take his place once he's levelled for a bit.
>>
>>33348842
>boxing a Heracross
why tho
>>
Done with my Safari run and caught these assholes:

Paras
Rhyhorn
Nidoran Female
Exeggcute
Venomoth

Which one is the best? I'll send the others into the graveyard.
>>
>>33375539
>giving yourself a granted capture for safari zone
>capturing several pokemon to pick and choose even

Disgusting. disgusting disgusting disgusting oh god i think i'm gonna puke disgusting
>>
>>33375544
>throw pokeball to nidorino
>runs away
Why even go to the Safari Zone, you fucking retard lmao
>>
>>33375566
>i want every pokemon and i hate restrictions!

why even nuzlocke then you fucking retard lmao
>>
>>33375566
it's a self-imposed challenge, it's not supposed to be easy. either you catch the pokemon you first see or you don't.

if you wanna do it your way then fine, but expect people to think you're a goon if you post here about it
>>
>>33375437

Not a regular in this general but I had tough ruck with Camerupt in an Emerald locke. You should try grinding somebody else.
>>
>>33375590
I need a counter to electric and in 3 out of my last 4 nuzlocke runs i've used graveler so i thought i'd mix it up this time.
>>
>tfw you have to start the run all over again and end up having to use a Pidgey

Fuck.
>>
>>33348842
Wtf this game has all those pokemon? Is it literally just emerald with more pokemon or is there other different stuff as well? And is it finished? I'd love to play it. Oh and is it difficult?
>>
>wiped to heartgold again

what the flying fuck

the pokemon avaliable for me just dont work for chuck i guess
>>
>>33375728
what did you kill Whitney's Milktank with?
>>
dunsparce yawned it, sandshrew rock smashed it to death

but i can't just get pass chuck's hypnosis hack. im even picking the gay dino as a starter to see if i can counter it but the fucking thing always dies minutes before i get to cianwood
>>
>>33375833
>>33375833
New thread
>>
>>33373138
do Platinum if you want a long journey and some high levels
do Bloody Platinum if you wanna really feel some pain
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.