[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pmdg/ - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13

File: 1499744709214.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499744709214.png
1MB, 1024x768px
World Exploration Edition

Old thread: >>33153747

PSMD and Gates download: http://pastebin.com/kh7GcnYm

Check the guides at >>>/vg/hbg if you don't know how to install the game. You won't lose any online features or anything doing so, don't worry. You'll be able to do everything that you'd normally be able to and much more!

MD Exploration Pack, which contains a DS emulator and roms, Wiiware roms, and custom portraits: https://mega.nz/#F!gFlVkSLI!tXbyoO5rwfUYnb9jf7yVsQ

/vp/'s Mystery Dungeon guides: http://pastebin.com/Dbq61R5u

PSMD Wondermail codes: http://www.cpokemon.com/2015/11/24/todas-las-contrasenas-wonder-mail-

REMINDER: If you need a rescue, post your region. Due to a few things that make no sense, rescues are region locked. It's shitty, but be sure to mention if you're European or American.

TotT: What PMD region did you like the best?
>>
>>33230771
>What PMD region did you like the best?
Mist has the best map but the dungeons (in GtI at least) are kinda bad, even if they have some of the best music.
>>
>>33230944
you say that because of the long corridors?
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (67KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
67KB, 320x240px
>>33231275
>these sorts of floors
>>
>>33231275
The randomization is extremely bad and repetitive, the dungeons themselves only have a few themes. I'm not even talking about lacking special, unusual themes, it lacks really basic stuff like underwater dungeons for example.
>>
File: dog1.jpg (76KB, 640x606px) Image search: [Google]
dog1.jpg
76KB, 640x606px
>>33231327
>it lacks really basic stuff like underwater dungeons for example.
i wouldn't call underwater dungeons something basic but i get your point
>>
File: toto.png (84KB, 171x357px) Image search: [Google]
toto.png
84KB, 171x357px
I read about a glitch on TV Tropes that seems useful. It says this:

"In the the expansion set to the second game, Explorers of Sky, a few Joke Items are added that are spelled wrong and meant to be confused with other items. Also added to the game is a "recycling" (item-crafting) feature where you can submit a specified number of arbitrary items and receive a prize ticket for some other awesome items. Thing is, if you submit any joke items to be traded for a prize ticket, they will not be removed from your inventory if they are selected in a certain pattern, allowing for (almost) free, infinite attempts at the prize booth."

I don't have a file with the Cafe open, so I haven't tested it. Has anyone tried this? I'm afraid my Google power level isn't high enough to find anything else about this.
>>
>>33231941
>TVTropes
i like the site, considering I've been on it for years now and sinked hours into it, but sometimes they confuse games. they claimed something that is true only for super to work for other games
>>
>>33232094
Super doesn't have item recycling or lookalike items, though. Or are you referring to something else?
>>
>>33231941
I don't know what the certain pattern is, but when I tried it they were consumed.
If it's legit, I think it might have something to do with the fact that when you organize your items the game does something to mix the lookalikes with the regular items.
>>
Right, in order to tide myself over for the next PMD, can anyone recommend me some fanfiction? Preferably, little to no romance.
>>
>>33232231
I have written-
>Preferably, little to no romance.
Nothing
>>
>>33232206
>doesn't have item recycling
>what is Recycle
Fairly sure that in Super it can now recycle plain seeds, or at least that's what I've heard.
>>
>>33232513
Recycling like at the Cafe, not like the move. It can only recycle Plain Seeds in Super, where lookalikes don't exist, so that interaction would be impossible anyway.
>>
>>33232231
define 'little to no romance'
>>
>>33232231
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanficRecs/PokemonMysteryDungeon

>Silver Resistance
If I am bored I go and catch up on this. The pacing is slow, but it's a good story so far.

>Pokemon: The Unknown Continuum
I actually finished this one. I thought it was fine. The protagonist was divisive, but he was interesting and actually had some originality compared to other PMD protagonists. The story is Explorers, but with minor alterations to the plot. If you hate romance as much as the author does and want a story that doesn't feel like a video game (absence of mystery dungeons, moves are more freeform), this might be for you.

>Pokemon: Overthrown
This fic is unfinished and will probably not get finished, but I've read all that there is. It's pretty gritty and dark, but it's not grimdark or super edgy.

Comics

>Vicotry Fire
Decent art and writing so far. Catching up on that.

>Tales of Elysium
Good art. Probably doesn't count as a Mystery Dungeon comic due to the fact that there are no humans (as we know so far) and there are no mystery dungeons.

>xofks12
She makes a more lighthearted comic of Rescue Team. It's good fun.
>>
>>33233057
I tried the first few chapters of Silver Resistance a few months back, but it didn't grab me. Feels technically good from what I seen, but there was nothing that really drew me in. Kind of like House of Cards and Game of Thrones, it didn't have any real emotional impact. Might get better later on, but I think it was at 700k words and rising, which would be a massive commitment.

Story being Explorers in The Unknown Continuum sounds like a big black mark against it, but everything else actually sounds appealing (more original protagonist, zero romance and non video game feel), and given Overthrown seems to be a dead fic from what you said, I think I'll check out The Unknown Continuum.
>>
>>33232231
Power Trip is always my top recommendation. The tone is light - closer to the games than most stories. It presents on interesting take on pokemon society by blurring the line between feral and civilized. Complete at 270k words.

Rebirth is a dark and edgy take on PMD but avoids grimdark territory. It follows a trio barely scraping by making a living doing missions related to a larger war taking place around them. Features a pretty unique team-dynamic and shows promise for some really interesting world building. In-progress ~150k words.

Aura of Storms is a story that prides itself on breaking its own status quo. In that sense it does some really interesting things, but it's pretty slow tough to get into. Fairly dark, in-progress at 250k words.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10483318/1/Pok%C3%A9mon-Mystery-Dungeon-Power-Trip
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11225832/1/Pok%C3%A9mon-Mystery-Dungeon-Rebirth
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10242900/1/Pok%C3%A9mon-Mystery-Dungeon-Aura-of-Storms
>>
File: 1472494336540.png (41KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
1472494336540.png
41KB, 224x224px
>tfw you try getting some of the wii spinoffs to work on a hacked wii and it doesn't work
>>
>>33233572
maybe you need to use the regionfree cia? i'm not sure
>>
>>33233607
it's not even that, USBLoader won't work properly. Some shit about no cIOS there. Spent like 3 hours getting help for it last night
>>
>>33230771

Pokémon Mystery dungeon world map needs to be bigger than that.
>>
>>33233708
Well, do you have cIOS installed? I recommend Multi-Mod Manager to switch between IOSs.
>>
>>33233799
I dunno what to do with any of that shit. One of them wouldn't work, the other one froze the wii, all that shit. USBLoader used to see my usb drive, i saw the game, but clicking Start kicked me to homebrew
>>
>>33233057
>>33233214
The Unknown Continuum is an interesting one so far. It's like the writer didn't even bother trying to get the PMD tone, or was even actively avoiding it, instead going for this rather dry and bitter tone, while still having some fun with it. That alongside Floyd react in ways that I assume other PMD fanfic protags don't makes the Explorers story feel different enough to warrant its existence.

>>33233540
>It presents on interesting take on pokemon society by blurring the line between feral and civilized
You've sold me on this. I'll give it a look after The Unknown Continuum.
>>
>>33233930
If you don't know what to do, just get MMM. It lets you see which IOS you're using, install IOSs, and swap between them. It has an easy option to install IOS36 and patch it to IOS236(which is probably the cIOS that USBLoader wants).

If it can't see your USB, it might be in the wrong slot. The bottom slot(the one closer to the edge) is probably the one it's looking at.

If you can't get it to work after using MMM, you can try CFG USB Loader instead. You'll still need a cIOS, but maybe it will be easier to work with.
>>
>>33234160
Switched to 236, didn't change anything and still says there's no cIOS
>>
>>33234333
nevermind, fixed it. Had to go into a wad manager and install IOS222 through that. Didn't even have that in mind.
>>
>>33233540
>>33233057
How do you guys managed to read all that shit? Do I have ADD or am I not setting my environment up correctly? I think it's the internet that makes me go on a tangent looking up something related only to go and do something else.
>>
(Who the fuck cares blog ahead)
So today i played a little more of blue rescue team, made it to bronze and so far, it's pretty fun, here's some silly things i've seen
>when they introduce Alakazam's team, Lombre says their pokedex descriptions
>man i miss super's move selector
>Oh hey, look, i can link moves!
>go to dungeon
>water gun no longer is a distance move
>''this sucks''
>found a shit ton load of gravelerocks
>2 shot eveything with them
>''this is nice''
>Recruit zigzagoon
>it is lvl 5, while i'm at lvl 10
>''well, this is gonna suck''
>5 floors later
>It's lvl 15, i'm at lvl 11
>Zigzagoon found an item
>''wut, oh right, pick up''
>Zigzagoon found orange goomi
>Zigzagoon found white goomi
>Zigzagoon found another orange goomi
>wtf i love >igzagoon now
>some Geodude is coming right at us
>Zigzagoon stoned it to death
>''you can use items too!?''
>friendshit with partner ended, now zigzagoon is my best friend.jpeg
>''since i got so many goomis i guess i'll eat one''
>''i will get the white one since the orange probably won't be good on a water type''
>accidentally skip a floor that had a mission on it
>''fuck, what was even the mission i had for that floor?''
>find and get me 1 white goomi
>''Shit.''

maybe if i find anything else interesting tomorrow i'll post more.
>>
>>33235155
I wonder that myself all the time, but if I had to guess it's the latter. Try using a new window/closing everything else to focus on what you need to do. I've found out that reading is easier for me on my 3ds even though it's not really a good choice (just like any portable device), and it's probably because I just can't do anything else at the same time.
>>
>>33235238
reading that was fun, do post if you have anything
>>
File: Eevee.full.825252.jpg (204KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Eevee.full.825252.jpg
204KB, 800x1200px
>>33235155
>>33236029
Getting invested in a book isn't really any different than getting invested in a game or movie. It takes a little time to get engrossed in it, but once you do time and text can go pretty fast. If you're trying to "multi-task" or not focusing on reading you'll never become engaged enough to start retaining or appreciating what you're reading.
>>
I have never played a mystery dungeon before and i like to start with this one, how good is it?
Never played a MD before either
>>
>>33236114
>how good is it?
Yes. It's good. It also has a lot of problems like the way the menu controls.
If you can, play the DS version (Blue Rescue Team) instead, it's better because it has more buttons.
Ignore the skyfags btw starting with BRT is the best thing you could do.
>>
>>33236130
I agree with this anon, start with Blue. That way you can appreciate the new features and improvements added on with each game.
>>
File: froakie and chespin.png (190KB, 500x542px) Image search: [Google]
froakie and chespin.png
190KB, 500x542px
When do you guys thing we'll get the next PMD game? I'm interested to see how Ultra Beasts get incorporated.

And will it be Switch exclusive? I really hope it's for 3DS. Both would be fine, though. Rockruff is almost definitely gonna be a Starter choice, I think.
>>
>>33237922
next year
switch exclusive

>I really hope it's for 3DS.
me too.
>>
>>33236130

Yeah, blue is better since you have a map that isn't in your face compared to red.

Also once you're done with red, you can go to Sky since it's a upgrade from Darkness/Time
>>
File: dfe5fd32ee6494173febf9ab83934463.jpg (683KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dfe5fd32ee6494173febf9ab83934463.jpg
683KB, 1024x768px
>>33237922
I'm doubtful it'll be on the 3DS, we already had 2 releases of this series on that console, and the success of the Switch is fucking astounding so far. The 3DS is also doing pretty damn good still, but the Switch seems like a better choice for the long run. Spike Chunsoft is listed as a developer for the Switch, so there's even more hope there.
But 2018 is a good bet, I'm more interested if the power of the Switch will change some of the core gameplay.
>>
>>33238490
It'll probabl be later than just next year given there's not even a Gen 8 game out yet.
>>
>>33238652
What are you on about? We're in gen 7 right now.
>>
Apparently there's an MMO Mystery Dungeon game called Pokemon Mystery Universe. Has anyone here played it and is it any good? Or just garbage like PokeMMO?
>>
File: photo6075368537867790299.jpg (206KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo6075368537867790299.jpg
206KB, 1280x960px
>PSMD
>mc be mudkip
>just got to lively town 2 or 3 missions ago
>some solid FE mons between level 30-55 in the list

What's the setback of ditching the two protags for missions in this game? Iirc in previous games the story kinda forces you press on with the protags as a requirement, that above the consistent IQ boosts and level bonus for recruitment and the feeling of recruiting mons with based protag. But this?

Also, which mons were in your story mode to-go team?
>>
>>33239253
>What's the setback of ditching the two protags for missions in this game?
You just miss some exp, nothing else.
Though, everyone else that isn't your characters, can go on breaks.

>Also, which mons were in your story mode to-go team?
i remember picking victini a lot, since i needed something to cover more types.
But yeah, just pick shit for coverage, unless the mission is to defeat something really strong, if so then take a pseudo.
>>
File: cantwait.png (132KB, 956x636px) Image search: [Google]
cantwait.png
132KB, 956x636px
>>33236130
ill probably go search for a used copy of BRT next week, i really feel like playing MD games so i start playing RRT in the meantime
>>
File: meta.png (38KB, 353x105px) Image search: [Google]
meta.png
38KB, 353x105px
>>33238986
PMU's gameplay is kind of a clusterfuck. It's turn-based(I think?) and grid-based, but the turns are so fast that you can't be tactical the way you can in PMD. So, the strategy is to just spam attacks.
If you're looking for a game like PMD, PMU is not that. But, if you're willing to suffer, it's playable, I guess.
I didn't get very far into the game, and I've heard that it's improved a lot since I played it last, but it just seems like a miserable experience. I'm not an MMO guy, so maybe I just don't understand the appeal.
>>
>>
>>33238986
I played it through about 2011-2015 and...it's really kind of boring, honestly. And I don't think it's changed at all since then to change that. To add onto what >>33239952 said, it's not turn based. Given its MMO nature, the formula's changed so player actions take X amount of time to perform (I'm not sure on numbers at all but it's pretty short). Computers, meanwhile, have a longer 'cooldown' between their actions, just about a second and a half I think.

It's certainly playable, sure, but I quickly got bored with the actual gameplay and just used it as a chatroom after a while.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.