[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nuz/ Nuzlockes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 64

File: nuzlockeseedot.png (134KB, 530x432px) Image search: [Google]
nuzlockeseedot.png
134KB, 530x432px
Surprising lack of a thread edition.

Discuss nuzlocke, post teams, discuss alt rules, brag about aces.

List of notable ROM Hacks: http://pastebin.com/ua7u6gZz
Getting started on your own hack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/eC8Kp5sx
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/QeWVEgEc

> Outdated pastebin I found subedition
>>
File: 20170618_124100.jpg (566KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_124100.jpg
566KB, 2896x2896px
progress
- currently at silph co
>>
>>32802154
I've started an X/Y nuzlocke

Im not doing super-training, pokeamie, or accepting any gift Pokemon beyond the two starters (theyre speshul from the professor and I have to actually raise them). Id love to be able to pet and bond with my partners but its too fucking OP. XP share is off of course.

So far a Bunnelby (Bonnie) has died, a Panpour (Rasta), a Farfetch'd (Mama), and a Burmy (Mia). All of them killed by a single Dunsparce with rollout.

My current team is Charmander (Charlie, female), Quilladin (Chester), Furfrou (Fraulein), and Floette (Polly). Currently at the Battle Institution/Daycare, wish me luck everyone.
>>
>>32802219
Going to do a silver/gold Nuzlocke after this
>>
>>32802207
pokemonlaughing.jpeg
>>
>>32802154
Sure hope this thread doesn't get to page 10
>>
>>32802154
Was it wrong to give up on my Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke because it was boring and nobody died yet? First time playing the remake, by the way.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-17-22-44-33.png (404KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-17-22-44-33.png
404KB, 1280x720px
Beat a vanilla Emerald last night. Meme theme.
The only member who died at elite 4 was Gyarados.
R.I.P. titsorgtfo the taillow, 0.5xApress the shroomish, afro ninja the nincada, wewuzkangz the camerupt, DYEL? the machamp, polandball the voltorb,420blazeit the gloom, soon the banette, gordon the girafarig, it'satrap the vibrava, sanic the lileep, and mega milk the lairon

special mentions to blockatiel the swablu, zone-tan the tentacruel, ken-sama the hariyama, badgers the linoone, I'mashaark the sharpedo, baaaaaaaww the loudred, and centipedes the dustox
>>
>>32803531
I wouldn't worry about it. ORAS was really easy.
>>
>>32803623
Yeah, honestly Nuzlocking any game since they took out death by poison in the Overworld almost feels like cheating. They just keep getting easier and easier.
>>
>>32803570
>vanilla Emerald
>machamp
You trade in a Nuzlocke?
>>
>>32803655
my nuzlocke, my rules
it died in the gym right after evolving anyway
>>
File: image-1.png (24KB, 591x441px) Image search: [Google]
image-1.png
24KB, 591x441px
Randomizer nuzlockes sure are something.

So far my single biggest killer is Dragon dance scizor from a fisherman, though it was mostly because I was dumb and forgot my jumpluff had fire coverage before I lost three mons.

In the pic related I also lost three mons, switched in one as a sacrificial lamb to be able to get in my mon with ice coverage in safely, and it did well until it died to Latias's zen headbutt. Then I sacrificed my Togepi with sand stream so that it would whittle the opponent down while I healed and prayed.
>>
Currently doing a randomized White2 Nuzlocke. Types, base stats, abilities, TMs, and movesets are all randomized, as well as pokemon and items found in the wild. Must catch first pokemon found on the route, except if it's a pokemon I've already caught, in which case I get another encounter until it's a new pokemon.

Casualties (may they RIP in pieces):
My starter was a Poison/Ghost Archeops with Speed Boost named Aesther. Gone to a Masquerain with 108 base attack and a crit Night Slash followed by Pursuit when switching out.
Lost my Flying-type Seismatoad, Todd, to two Ice-type Gastrodon using Icicle Crash with the inability to escape.
Also recently lost my Ground-type Jumpluff, Hoppa, one-shotted by a Water/Flying Bellossom with Bubble and 177 special attack.

Currently have active in-team:
Flying/Steel Rampardos w/ Shadow Tag
Rock Jirachi w/ Sturdy
Water Tyrannitar w/ Magnet Pull
Dark/Electric Cinccino w/ Frisk
Grass/Ghost Unown w/ Volt Absorb
Ground/Dragon Eelektross w/Sand Veil
>>
Welp just lost my platinum run to those double battling ace trainers on steel island.

They fucking got rid of the lucario instantly and then bullied me with their 2 v 1 tactics...
>>
File: Defeat.png (8KB, 256x195px) Image search: [Google]
Defeat.png
8KB, 256x195px
>>32803893
Forgot my image.

So what do I do now guys?

Also what's your attitude towards safari zones? Do you get to only catch the 1st pokemon you meet there? Do you get to catch 1 pokemon per area in the safari zone?

What's your opinion on selfdestruct? If you're in a battle with something that can use it and it uses it do you count the loss?
>>
File: Emerald_Badge_6.png (847KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Emerald_Badge_6.png
847KB, 1552x1015px
>>32792117
Badge 6 get! Winona is arguably the toughest gym in this gen because of coverage. As such, I had to employ some new faces. Ice Dewie and Weather Ball carried the day, but Jacqueline and THICC made brief appearances. Debating who to shuffle out for Roo to return...If I should even bring her back.
>>
failed my last attempt at unova, rollan for game
0-4 White 2
5-9 Black 2
first response chooses starter
>>
>>32804393
I'd give you a starter but honestly I hate all the gen5 starters. Instead I'll just let the roll decide.

If post ends in:
1-3 grass
4-6 fire
7-9 water

Meanwhile I just started a X nuzlocke. Called myself BlazingBlaze and no joke here are the pokemon I caught till now :
Fennekin
Fletchling
simisear
Litlleo

Is this uncanny or what!!
>>
>>32804393
wotter, as decided by>>>/vg/180124903
>>
>>32804532
Meant Pansear.
>>
Explain the appeal of this shit to me. To me it just seems like you'd need to grind autistically to get anywhere, which that time would probably be better spent in Disgaea or something.

And if you really wanted to do something autistic in pokemon, wouldn't shiny hunting be more "productive"
>>
>>32804547
It's just a way to kill time.

Makes you appreciate some mons you'd ignore otherwise. And more satisfaction after beating a hard encounter
>>
>>32802219
the game gets a lot easier once you're past reflection cave.
>>
File: team2.jpg (54KB, 515x310px) Image search: [Google]
team2.jpg
54KB, 515x310px
platinum run, currently at distortion world

I've somehow ended up with a team where my special wall is the fastest teammember

here's hoping cyrus doesn't go to badly
>>
>>32804649
most of the sinnoh dex is slow, so dont worry about it
>>
>>32804649
He has a crobat right? Those can be pretty fast.
>>
>>32803910
I do one per unique area for the safari zones due to the unique properties of the safari zones so I give it an exception. But I also do that for certain areas that have multiple parts, as long as the levels change. Like for example, I will count Mt. Coronet 1st floor and 2nd as different areas due to the level difference, but I won't count 2nd and 3rd and beyond as differen areas due to the different levels and that yopu can't access the 2nd Floor of Mt. Coronet until much later into the game. I will also count Dark Cave (Violet) and Dark Cave (Blackthorn) as separate areas due to the same reasons as above, but wont count the outer and inner areas of Pinwheel Forest as separate
>>
File: BS locke.png (200KB, 700x1130px) Image search: [Google]
BS locke.png
200KB, 700x1130px
After losing two of my guys against Lysandre's Mienshao after he turned on his machine of death, I've been grinding up the B-team just in case consisting of:
Snorlax, Sliggoo, Beartic, Sigilyph, Floette and Gloom.

Beartic and Florgess will be added to my team when they're on-par with the rest of the A-team to compensate for a few of my weaknesses.
>>
>>32804687
not really worried about crobat
yes that thing is fast but it's nothing magnezone can't handle (at this point half my solutions to problem mons' is "throw magnezone at it", seriously powerful beast)
what I'm worried about is the gyarados given my physical wall is weak to water so I'm hoping p-z is faster
>>
>>32804742
Can't Magnezone just destroy Gyarados?
>>
>>32804747
it carries earthquake, learned that the hard way on a previous nuzlocke
>>
>>32804756
Too bad Sturdy is still shite.
>>
>>32804756
Ah. Well fuck I didn't expect that. I lost my platinum nuzlocke early on at steel island vs that double battle with the ace trainers. The fedora dude with the lucario let his lucario die early and I got gamed on 2v1 style.
>>
>>32804761
I have a focus sash if necessary but I'd prefer not to let it come to that given he's far more useful in taking out other teammembers of his
>>
File: hardassE4.png (191KB, 1322x1020px) Image search: [Google]
hardassE4.png
191KB, 1322x1020px
Help me pick my last 3 members to take on the E4 with please
>>
>>32803570
but voltorb is Indonesia ball
>>
>>32805322
Tough. I'd go with Argenta and Erik for sure, then Alana. Yesenia would be a close 4th.
>>
>>32805494
it was two levels until evolving...I tend to get overzealous when training weak ones
>>
So my autism paid off and after a few hours, I have a Feebass in Emerald. But since this game's battery is dead, I have no way to evolve it. So I'm going to trade it to another game that has a ton of pokeblocks, feed it as much as I can, and hope that is enough.

Is trading to evolve frowned upon? There's no Prism Scale this gen, I'm kind of fucked otherwise.
>>
>>32806472
If you somehow got a Feebas in a nuzlocke you deserve to evolve it, desu.
>>
>>32805322
Titties fucks Hydreigon hard, go with that one for sure.
>>
File: 324-Torkoal.png (50KB, 292x300px) Image search: [Google]
324-Torkoal.png
50KB, 292x300px
>>32806491
>already got Ice Beam from Abandoned Ship
Oh baby I can't wait. Probably the coolest monster I've ever gotten in a Nuzlocke.

Also, pic related is a champ and basically saved the whole run. I thought Norman was going to be my bane thanks to no Fighting types, but I just Cursed up and went nuts with Rock Smash and Strength. Can't believe what a handy tank this guy is.
>>
>>32806500
I have Muncher to outspeed and fuck over hydreigon, who has a better attacking stat and STAB move. also my galvantula is -speed so it's risky.
I decided I definitely need Alana for seismitoad and Argenta who walls half of Caitlin's team and can outspeed and fuck over Chandelure. I think Erik is a safe bet for Eelektross and all of Marshall's pokemon which have rock-type moves
>>
Just got the Super Rod in OR. Time to add two catches to fill dupes clause holes so I can get a Sharpedo and Staryu.
>>
>most of team dies and now face a few hours of grinding if i want to continue

i don't know if it's worth it
>>
>>32806978
what game and are you emulating?
>>
File: IMG_0394.png (127KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0394.png
127KB, 1334x750px
>>32807001

kanto black, a hack of fire red
>>
File: Platinum Nuzlocke Shiny Budew.jpg (184KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum Nuzlocke Shiny Budew.jpg
184KB, 1136x852px
Platinum Nuzlocke, training for Gardenia. Bumped into this little gal while working on my Adamant, Pure Power Meditite.
>>
>>32807159
And here's the team as they stand. Getting my last 2 Pokémon up to 22 before I go in. I expect my Golbat to sweep pretty comfortably.

>Any Pokémon that faints must be released
>Catch only the first Pokémon on each route
>Dupes Clause for the whole evolutionary line, 5 attempts
>No items in battle
>"Set" Battle Style
>No Legendary Pokémon
>Shinies may be caught, but not used
>Level Cap, Currently 22
>>
>>32802219
My first XY nuzlocke finished when facing that fucking sword dance corpish. 1HKO the whole team.
>>
>>32807197
XY have some bullshit random trainer battles that can end runs if you aren't ready. The Dragon Rage Gible before the second gym, the double Furfou battle, etc.
>>
>>32808280

Fighting types are scary as fuck in XY. Almost all of them have either a Rock, Dark, or Poison attack ready for the things that are supposed to beat them. And you get to deal with really heavy hitters early too, like Sawk and Hawlucha.
>>
>>32808300
There are so many fighting types after Lysandre.

And my team almost always consists of mons that are weak to them almist always in X/Y. It's ridiculous
>>
Update
>>
Considering a Sun Nuzlocke. Should I go pure Nuzlocke or Wonderlocke? I'm already anticipating this to be hard because of Z-Moves. Any tips?
>>
>>32810009
Wonderlocke would be very interesting imo
>>
>>32810053
That's what I'm leaning towards. Never done one before. In theory it can give you a ton of cool unusual Pokemon but in practice it'll probably be Yungooses and a lot of level 1 Masuda rejects
>>
reminder that randomized nuzlockes are the hardest (and therefore funnest)
>>
>>32810009
Wonderlocke, go for it.
>>
>>32810121
Masuda rejects should be really good since they'll have somewhat viable stats but yes you can just as easily receive bad pokemon too. But I think a wonderlocke would be more fun especially now that game's been out for months and all pokemon are available
>>
>>32810223
>>32810202
>>32810053

Yep, that's what I'm going to do. I'm shit at coming up with nicknames anyway. thanks
>>
>>32810121
Anon, just use a "not two of the same mon" clause. Many people use it already for regular nuzlockes, I think Wonderlocke definitely needs it.
>>
File: SS Rando-Nuzlocke team.png (73KB, 442x298px) Image search: [Google]
SS Rando-Nuzlocke team.png
73KB, 442x298px
Currently doing a SS Rando-Nuzlocke. Have had pretty good encounters bar the ones I've killed, only 2 deaths right now, being Biscuit the Glameow and Mozzarella the Gengar.
>>
What's the hardest possible randomizer settings for a nuzlocke?

I'm thinking a randomize wild counters only BW2 challenge mode run
>>
>>32811247
Randomize starter Pokemon (basic Pokemon with two evolutions)
Randomize Trainer's Pokemon to Type-Themed, rival carries starter throughout game, try to use Pokemon with similar strength, don't use legendaries.
Randomize wild Pokemon to area 1-1 mapping, similar strength, time-based encounters, don't use legendaries.
Optionally randomize static and trade-based Pokemon however you want. Also enable the changed impossible evolutions and shuffle/randomize field items if that's your style.

Above is reasonable and difficult without going overboard but the other "hardest" (read: just bullshit) setting would be to randomize fucking everything
>>
>>32811247
>BW2 nuzlocke without the obligatory patrat and purrloin

already off to a good start
>>
>>32811359
problem with that is randomized teams are more than likely going to be inferior to BW2's challenge mode teams due to many of them having tm/move-tutor/breeding coverage moves
>>
>>32811381
Does it not auto-adjust to challenge mode? If that's the case then the list would be good for games already difficult like Platinum then. And you could still use those settings but choose to not randomize teams.
>>
shit, what is the policy on super over leveled Pokemon in Wonderlockes? Starting with a level 47 Pelipper. I can't even use it lol
>>
>>32802219

Just got a 3DS after all these years, first thing I did was buy all three games for Nuzlocke purposes. Just got past the 2nd gym with no loses despite a few close calls, even managed to beat the Poodle Double Battle clean. But I was cocky, arrogant even, and my Meinfoo (Primrose) and Pidgeotto (Lucius) paid the price.

Clearing out Route 11, I came across the last battle before the cave, a double with a Machoke and a Mr. Mime. The Mime opened with Light Screen while the Machoke dealt a big hit, so I dismissed the former to focus on finishing the fighting type. My next attack would kill the Machoke, so I swapped my hurt guy to the mon who would most benefit from the exp without thinking. That was Primrose... but he never even saw Machoke's attack because Mr. Mime 1HKO'd him with Psybeam. One of my favorite captures, the guy who single-handedly pulled me through the Rock gym, dead because I just didn't think.

Mere minutes later, I found a sky battle trainer. Still in a bit of shock from Primrose, I challenged them to get my Pidgeotto some EXP, only to find that their first team member was a god damn Emolga, and they had two more backing it up while I had no other flyers. I fought hard to keep him alive, blew 8 potions and 5 sodas tanking Acrobatics and Sparks, getting in a couple of modest hits, but in the end the outcome was inevitable.

Two huge fuckups getting my team killed in as many battles. I took Y for granted because of how easy the early game was and how many years it had been since I sat down and played a Pokemon game totally blind. I'll have to be more careful going forward.
>>
File: ooo.png (6KB, 256x154px) Image search: [Google]
ooo.png
6KB, 256x154px
First Pplatinum run. I just beated the steel gym right now im planning the definitive team for the rest of the game. Im kinda worried for the fire e4 primeape and magmortar armed with electric type moves, but the gallade and hippowdon should take good care of them. I think im lacking a good dragon killer too IMO due to the fact that im relying only on the hippowdon icefangs to take care of them. Lastly im planning to swap the luxray for a jolteon (but this will cost me bite wich is my only counter to psychic&co) and the torterra for something else (prehaps an umbreon). What are you thinking about the team boys?
>>
>>32803998

My first every Nuzlocke run ended with a wipe on Winona because of that fucking Altaria. Dragondance, Earthquake, Aerial Ace and Dragon Breath is an absolutely brutal combination.
>>
>>32802154
guys i have a question, what is better to play my first nuzlocke Platinum Enhanced or flawless platinum? if any of you guys can gave me tips too i apreciate it
>>
>>32811965
A game you know really well.
>>
>>32811965
Try the original platinum desu, I know nothing about the games you mentioned
>>
I got BTFO in my second attempt of a leafgreen nuzlocke. Sabrina and her alakazam wiped my team out.

I felt so confident going into that battle and now I'm debating if I should try again.
>>
>>32804728
Update!

The B-tran is almost up to snuff with the rest, a level or two to go

Too bad it doesn't rain anywhere. Can't evolve Goopster the Sliggoo
>>
>>32813316
You should, and you should also try Fake Out
>>
>>32813341
what's a good midgame grinding spot in leafgreen? everything around saffron city seems to give shit EXP
>>
>>32813351
VS. Seeker?
>>
>>32811886
Pls respond.
>>
>start wonderlock
>Pokemon Global Link Server maintence until Midnight
guess i'll die

Fuck it, regular Nuzlocke.
>>
Playing Emerald 386
Pretty bad luck with mons tbqh, mostly getting the usual hoennmons. Team so far:
>lvl 37 Sceptile
>lvl 37 Ursaring
>lvl 36 Altaria
>lvl 36 Golduck
>lvl 36 Nidoqueen
>lvl 29 Trapinch
Box:
>lvl 26 Vulpix
>lvl 17 Oddish
Dead:
>lvl 16 Paras
>lvl 31 Donphan

I'm past Winnona right now. Should probably replace Trapinch with Vulpix to deal with ice types, because as soon as i need to fight one, I'm fucked.
>>
File: Platinum Nuzlocke Pre Fantina.jpg (213KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum Nuzlocke Pre Fantina.jpg
213KB, 1136x852px
Grinding everyone to 26 for Fantina. Planning on evolving the Eevee into an Umbreon, but not until it learns Bite, so it unfortunately won't be ready for the gym.

Since the last badge, I've had my first two deaths: Hopper the Kricketune and Hiro the Adamant, Pure Power Meditite fucking exploding Geodude.

In the box:
Jack-Jack (Togepi)
Hei Hei (Staravia)
Hercules (Machop)
Roz (Shellos)
Alice (Beautifly)
Evangeline (Burmy)
Grumpy (Geodude)
Belle (Bronzor)
Minnie (Bidoof)
Jessie (Ponyta)
Flynn (Budew)
Ichabod (Rotom)
Aurora (Shiny Budew, not letting myself use)
>>
Once I finish completing my Nat Dex (just need to beat SS to be able to trasnfer gen 3-4 mons) planning on doing a nuzlocke run

What is a good first game for a nuzlocke run? Thinking of B2W2 on hardmode since its my favorite or Emerald since it is also my favorite via nostalgia and my first mainline pokemon game.
>>
>>32815708
Why not just use the shiny clause?
>>
>>32815708
shame that eevee is female, otherwise teaching it captivate would be a good way to stop that mismagius dead in it's tracks

sure it's a tm move but it's a very shitty tm so it's not like you're wasting say, your EQ tm
>>
>>32802154
Would you guys be supportive of a Nuzlocke discord? These threads can get pretty ded sometimes.
>>
What's your favourite Nuzlocke Comics?
>>
I did a HeartGold Nuzlocke a few weeks ago and lost it. I'm doing another one as redemption. I have a weird naming scheme going on which seems to work because I just completed the Rocket Radio Tower takeover and I have had ZERO deaths so far. My team is as follows: Typhlosion (The Father), Ariados (The Face), Golem (The Table), Ampharos (The Cleric), Ambipom (The Mascot), and Poliwrath (The Tender).
>>
>>32815635
And a fucking genocide happened in Magma Hideout because of selfdestruct
>>
File: Untitled.png (21KB, 718x157px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
21KB, 718x157px
>>32816618
forgot pic
>>
>>32811360
If he uses similar strength (which he should) then it calculates random Pokemon off of the BST of the original so he's still getting shitmons. I swear I've seen a Wurmple there before.
>>
File: d4537.png (52KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
d4537.png
52KB, 500x427px
>larvitar for my starter
>rival gets weedle
>>
File: 32-001.jpg (863KB, 2450x2000px) Image search: [Google]
32-001.jpg
863KB, 2450x2000px
Oh, nice, a nuzlocke thread.

Time to get back to business.
>>
If I wanted to do a nuzlocke of each gen, in order, should I pick Red, Blue, or Yellow to start? I'm going to make trade evos possible, and make Pikachu be evolvable if I pick yellow.
>>
>>32817305
Red and then follow up with FireRed down the line
>>
>>32817305
third versions always my man
>>
>>32816622
learned a long time ago that you never use anything against a geodude that isn't rock, steel or ghost
well that or damp/sturdy
>>
>>32817726
I didn't have any of these types. RIP half of my team.
>>
>>32817236
Holy autism Batman

I admire the dedication. I've been just 1 game from each gen, not the whole Gambit. Good luck to you
>>
>>32817844
i will never finish but god knows i will try
still have to add USM to the list too. good lord.

anyways ive just captured a nincada in my game! never used it before. how do you guys handle it? keep shedinja and ninjask or gotta pick one or the other?
>>
reminder that if you're using an emulator would you so kindly record the journey for us and upload it to mixtape.moe or something
>>
>got an abra
>nature: hasty

god fucking dammit

>>32818464
how would that even work? i'm using an emulator
>>
>>32818504
if you're using desmume it has a built in recording thingy, not sure about the others
>>
>>32818513
You can use a screen recorder, but why not put it on like YouTube or something?
>>
>Lost my black 2 randomizer challenge mode in the second trainer battle to a Budew
JUST
>>
well guess i dont have to ponder about keeping ninjask or shedinja anymore, nincada died

never knew that zigzagoon before slateport had surf. huh. cheating bastard kid, its going to take forever before i can surf, how your shitty zigzagoon knows it?
>>
>>32818862
On the beach? Yeah Emerald pulls some shenanigans sometimes. Wait til you get to Winona's Altaria
>>
So if i'm playing rom hack of platinum, and i get a manaphy egg, is it usable or should i not use it as a LEGEND?
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 240x160px
>>32818911
>tfw i accidentally overleveled and oneshot her altaria with mine altaria
That's the easiest this gym has ever been for me.

Had to temporarily kick out the Ursaring because apparently i had no pokemon capable of diving. I literally only won with Tate and Liza thanks to RNGsus letting me setup Amnesia on Torkal.
>>
>>32818927
Decide yourself, it's your rules you play by.
>>
>>32818949
I just used Hail/Weather Ball with Castform. 1 level lower and 2 shot it with no problem. 100 power / 4x effective is a bitch no matter what you're facing.
>>
>>32818965
If it hatches somewhere i haven't caught anything i'll use it. If not, then into the box it goes.
>>
>>32818927
>using legendaries
>using manaphy of all legendaries

well i guess if ya want to be a faggot might as well go all the way
>>
>>32819123
I'll use it if i wipe everything and just steam roll game obv. That makes me feel less faggy
>>
>>32819025
If you received it in a town/ route/ cave etc where you haven't caught anything else then yes, otherwise no.
>>
File: Untitled.png (8KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8KB, 240x160px
Do i teach earthquake to Nidoqueen of Flygon?
Nidoqueen is very useful so far with Surf and Shock Wave while Flygon is shit so i think Flygon, but he can just keep being useless with eq as well.
>>
For my starter in BW what should I chose? Oshawot or Snivy? I fucking despise tepig's evolution line so that is out of question.

And chanduler is my favorite poke in this gen so just incase I capture it I will use it.
>>
>>32819237
if your flygon is shit, I say its not worth it. Maybe its all the fire emblem games I have been playing but you give stat boosters/TMS to make pokes/units more useful in that area rather then make them better in a weaker area.
>>
File: Untitled.png (4KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4KB, 240x160px
>>32819237
>my heart when
Sadly my Altaria is dead now
>>
i'm worried about wattson, i remember him being tough for kid me

is a lvl23 marshtomp enough to beat it?
>>
>>32819507
Yeah. Just spam mudshot and watch him crumble. Ground typing means you're immune to his bullshit attacks so the worst you'll see is sonicboom.
>>
What is good about nuzlocke? Never done one, is it better than vanilla game?
>>
>>32819972
yes if you like grinding
>>
>>32819972
Guess it depends on your definition of better. It's a different challenge, and adds a unique layer of strategy to the game that wasn't there before. It's not hard to catch all the strongest Pokemon and steamroll a gym. But when you're limited on the number of Pokemon you get in a single run, it can be tough. Plus you learn to appreciate and grow attached to Pokemon you didn't use or care about before.
>>
File: 20170620_181130.jpg (507KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170620_181130.jpg
507KB, 2896x2896px
Update
>>
>>32819972
for me its all about giving new life to games i love. the pokemon games are among my favourites, but after you beat then a few times, there's just no incentive to do it again - you know everything, you pick the same-ish team, use the same strategies, etcetera. nuzlocke (and randomized-challenge runs) keep it fresh, brings whole new things to the game using the mechanics i already liked, so its always enjoyable to me

i can't bring myself to play the games without nuzlocking anymore. it's just... not fun. new games, i play them normally first (like SM), but second and subsequent playthroughs are all nuzlockes-challenges
>>
>>32820119
What game? Weird to have all gen1 pokes and a lose ludicolo there
>>
>>32820140
It's sea green, a romhack of fr/lg. it has pokemon from the first 3 gens only and is slightly harder but not insanely difficult
>>
File: BS locke.png (209KB, 700x1130px) Image search: [Google]
BS locke.png
209KB, 700x1130px
This is my team for storming Team Flare's base AFTER the first battle with Lysandre. Everybody is level 52 (Hypercrisis etc.)

How fucked am I?
>>
>>32819304
Oshawott. There is nothing Serperior does that can't be done better by Lilligant or Sawsbuck
>>
>>32820435
In nuzlocke, can you do in game trading? Since Black does not have petil so you need to trade for it. And what about tradebacks to evolve kadabara and etc?
>>
>>32816035
I use a pretty extreme ruleset. I've slowly been taking away rules that have just ended up not being fun, though. I used to not allow myself to switch Pokémon in and out of my boxes unless someone died, used to have a final level cap of the champion's strongest -2, used to not allow gift or interractible Pokémon at all, and used to not allow myself to trade evolve anyone until 15 levels have passed since their last evolution or since their capture. I still use some standard harder stuff, like a level cap (just not as strict for the Elite 4), no items, and SET battle style. One of those rules I use is that shinies are just trophies and don't count as my encounter. I may remove that rule as I do more lockes, but for the time being, that's one that I established beforehand, so Aurora is permaboxed until the end of the run.

>>32816396
I was pretty hyped to have gotten a female Eevee, just because they're rarer. Now I see how unlucky I really was. I've gotta say, I am actually extremely nervous about Fantina. Crobat, Luxio, and Grotle all know Bite, but I'm not sure if that'll be enough.
>>
God fucking dammit i can never get a Trapinch to last, fuckers attract all bad luck in the world

Lost count of how many crit/magnitude 10 they received already during all these games

i just want a fucking flygon pls
>>
>>32820421
Survived it.

Pokey killed Mienshao
Grunt killed Pyroar, although it took 2 flinches.
Fléb killed Honchkrow
And Chaz took care of M-Gyarados with Spiky shield, rocky helmet and seed bomb
>>
>>32820494
I operate under the rule that trading and gifts = encounter for the area. So like in G/S/C if I trade for the female Machop in Goldenrod City, that counts as my Goldenrod encounter. That means I can't pick up the Eevee from there later. And if there was surfable/fishable water in the city I wouldn't be able to surf/fish for a pokemon there as well.
Some people count gifts or trades as completely separate from the encounter rule, and some people don't use them at all. It's really a preference thing.
I think tradebacks are fine and I edit ROMs when I nuzlocke on an emulator to remove trade evolutions. The only thing that I think isn't okay is if your trade involves an item that you got from an outside game. So if you need to trade with a metal coat to evolve you should have found a way to obtain that metal coat in your game before you trade evolve it, even if you have a metal coat in the other game.
>>
>>32820550
be careful with Crobat because Fantina's mismagius has Psybeam.
>>
>>32820797
I had completely forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder, anon! I'll probably use Crobat against the first two, then, and switch out once Mismagius enters the scene.
>>
>>32820809
switch from Crobat into Psyduck to take the psybeam, then Psyduck to Grotle for the Magical Leaf. careful of confuse ray
fantina is definitely one of the hardest gym leaders in plat. hope you don't lose that gabite!
>>
>>32820851
worth a shot. I'll give Grotle and Luxio some berries to deal with the confusion.
>>
>>32820788
makes sense. its kinda lame being unable to use an alakasm. Never liked the whole needed to trade Pokemon evolution, not becuase I dont have any friends that play pokemon but its just kinda weird.
>>
File: Platinum Nuzlocke 3rd Badge Get.jpg (194KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum Nuzlocke 3rd Badge Get.jpg
194KB, 1136x852px
>>32815708
>>32820851
>>32820863

Not ideal, but it could have been a lot worse. Fantina has been defeated. I think I'll add Rotom to my team to replace the fallen soldier.
>>
>>32821044
RIP Luxio. I'm sorry if it was Intimidate, I had a triple intimidate comp with staraptor+luxray+DD gyarados and it absolutely DESTROYED a lot of bosses.
>>
>>32820909
Oh and the routes you are forced to go throw w/o pokeballs, can you go back there and catch a pokemon when you get pokeballs or is that breaking the rules?
>>
>>32821064
She was, in fact, Intimidate.

It's a bit of a mixed bag. She was excellent, but at the same time I've been looking for an excuse to add Rotom to my team since, besides Psyduck, they were all physical attackers. Her death made the decision for me.
>>
>>32821113
when I first started nuzlocking I counted them as missed catches but then I decided that was dumb so I wait until I have pokeball access to start counting catches. again, it's up to interpretation.
>>
>>32821128
stock up on great balls, it's a LOW catch rate and you don't seem to have any paralysis or sleep. at least you have Gabite to wall.
>>
>>32821152
well good news, I've already caught Rotom
>>
>>32821166
nice,
>meanwhile marrep did not show up
>had to settle for ekans
>killed an unknown in ruins of alp
I am sad
>>
>>32821489
>managed to kill normans slaking
>only linoone remains
>uses belly drum
>"nice he's dead"
>survives fighting attack with one pixel of hp
>norman hyper potion it
>manages to one shot every pokemon on my team because its faster, even faster than a fucking hasty kadabra

fuck
just....fuck
>>
>>32821602
Norman is consistently the hardest part of Hoenn games. Sorry for your loss, anon. What are you going to do now? Rebuild with your box? Count it as a loss and restart? Take a break?
>>
>>32821713
count as a loss and restart
i tried 'cheating' once back in red? blue? don't even remember, but i couldn't go on, i'm doing this for the challenge, there's no glory in pretending the wipe never happened

maybe i'll get a fucking fighter this time, who knows.

all the effort from my poor dustox to kill slaking, down the drain, like tears in the rain....
>>
reposting my nuzlocke regional project

>kanto
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNktw556oTYBGpCfVEjBBZI1J
>johto
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkvVA9BKhGfHCMLpVADsjJR5
>sinnoh
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkvL-8k6GWrfgd76WKmT3nKL
>unova
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkukMmYHBT7r_ERWhIehCfKa
>unova 2
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkuDfo9M-k1xehHZNMxgV8bF
>kalos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNksDm2rEb8NIw_B8oSK22XLQ
>hoenn
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkvj7hsoiMEREZVz_O9qbt38
>alola
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXISwFN_zNkudyAJjqe_tChQfaCV1w1wP

cant wait for ultra sun and moon to continue
>>
>>32821602
That fucking sucks, I still wish gamefreak would make a mode that removes the ability to use items mid fight.
>>
So then this hatched. I named him accordingly. About to box him and finish Oreburgh.
>>
>>32822058
oreburgh down but it was a fucking bloodbath. That was awful.
>>
File: nzlck.png (170KB, 1101x823px) Image search: [Google]
nzlck.png
170KB, 1101x823px
Doing a pretty all around vanilla run thru Y. Just got back to Lumiose for the first time and started mugging lost people in alleys to gear up for Clemont. I figure Benedict Cubonebatch will handle most of it, and I'm paranoid of losing Darner like the last couple things I tried to get caught up with my core team.

Notable losses have been Pedanius, who was doing fucking great by most accounts until I had him fight Grant: Tyrunt was in the red and kept getting him to flinch with Bite and I kept trying to squeeze in that one hit I needed like an idiot.

I was pretty excited to use Caravela, but I was playing in bed and sorta slipped into cruise-control as I nodded off. I woke up to find myself in an empty Sea Spirit Den with both Caravela and Gozaburo dead.

Thurston was already getting on my nerves because I guess I didn't turn my 3DS upside down properly, or at the right time or something and I missed his evolution at 30. I was running thru all the routes I'd been to to grind him from 30 to 31 when he got cornered by a Wobbuffet in Reflection Cave.
>>
>>32822194
>losing your starter
shit sucks

How many of you guys play allowing items in mid battle?
>>
>>32822789
The dude who started it, used items mid battle so I do as well
>>
>>32810009
Its hard because the pokemon variety is shit tier.
>>
>>32821113
The rules start as soon as you have pokemon balls.
>>
>>32820788

This is how I play it too. I pretty much never use ingame trades though.
>>
>>32822789
>How many of you guys play allowing items in mid battle?
I do, but only because i play with "no buying items" rule too so i basically just hoard the five or six potions the game gives you till E4

Gives a sense of strategy to items too: do you lose that B-tier pokemon dangerously close to death and keep your hyper potion for later or you waste it to save its life and reap the consequences later when you lose the game because you couldnt heal before steven?
>>
File: TMP01.png (1MB, 1380x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TMP01.png
1MB, 1380x1200px
Thread ded, i'm dumping some templates
>>
File: TMP02.png (2MB, 1580x1070px) Image search: [Google]
TMP02.png
2MB, 1580x1070px
>>32824382
>>
File: TMP03.png (512KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TMP03.png
512KB, 1600x1200px
>>32824398
>>
File: TMP04.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TMP04.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>32824411
>>
File: TMP05.png (414KB, 2100x1715px) Image search: [Google]
TMP05.png
414KB, 2100x1715px
>>32824419
>>
File: TMP06.png (3MB, 1580x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TMP06.png
3MB, 1580x1200px
>>32824431
>>
File: TMP07.png (1008KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TMP07.png
1008KB, 1600x1200px
>>32824435
and i'm out

wake up already fuggers
>>
File: Untitled.png (41KB, 725x327px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
41KB, 725x327px
And finally i have beaten hall of fame.
>Tfw Wallace Toxiced my Guts Facade Ursaring
What next game should i nuzlocke? I'd like some ROM hack, any recommendations?
>>
>>32824587
red plus plus
>>
File: 101Electrode.png (113KB, 346x350px) Image search: [Google]
101Electrode.png
113KB, 346x350px
If you don't reply to this post your most beloved pokemon is going to get a selfdestruct to the face
>>
>>32825190
Gotcha covered senpai.
>>
>>32824442
Good templates m8, thanks
>>
File: Platinum Nuzlocke Rebuilt.jpg (187KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum Nuzlocke Rebuilt.jpg
187KB, 1136x852px
Losing my Luxio was a bit of a gut punch, but I think I've managed to rebuild the team nicely. After failing my encounters on Routes 109 and 110, both to dupes clause limits, I managed to catch myself a Scyther on Route 115. Backtrack to Mt. Coronet, teach Scyther Thief, steal two Metal Coats from wild Bronzor, and here we are.

Next stop is the Solaceon Ruins, then the ghosty tower, then off to Maylene.
>>
File: 250px-051Dugtrio.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-051Dugtrio.png
51KB, 250x250px
>>32825511
sup dog
>>
Sun Wonderlocke is so far the luckiest wonderlocke I've ever done. Got a Riolu for my starter right away and I just got a level 1 Turtonator. Going to teach Riolu Brick Break and just steam roll this first trial.
>>
>>32826018
damn, I might wonderlocke x after my current nuzlocke
>>
Im on a voltwhite 2 randomized nuzlocke whats a, good nickname for Mudkip
>>
>>32826073
kum
he he he
get it
its cum

comedy geld
>>
>>32826073
Gilligan
>>
>>32826073
Tom Green
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-21-14-45-14.png (407KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-21-14-45-14.png
407KB, 720x1280px
>>32826073
I dont know what happened but my game bugs when I pick the starter so I switched to HG
Who is better ryhorn with levitate or elekid with magic bounce?
Also name them
>>
>>32826731
Ryhorn. Name him Rocksteady.
>>
>>32826018

Update. Wonderlockes are straight up cheating. Just got a level 1 Trevenant.

Amazing.
>>
>>32826731
The fucking Ryhorn all the way
>>
>>32826731
>rhyhorn with levitate

why are you even asking you fool
>>
>>32826798
>Wonderlockes are straight up cheating
more breaking news at eleven

i don't even know why people pretend wonderlockes are challenging. the chances are heavily skewered into receiving something amazing instead of six 99 magikarps.
>>
>>32827018
Yeah I'm probably going to drop this and do a regular Nuzlocke. This game is already won at this point.
>>
Thinking of starting a nuzlocke of Fire Red soon, not sure if it's worth revisiting
>>
I'm about to start a black nuz, which starter should i get? First reply chooses for me
>>
>>32827363
fire
>>
>>32827363
smugleaf
>>
>>32827368
fire it is
>>
Never done a nuzlocke, just a question: when it comes to "only catch the first pokemon you encounter in a route/area, do you generally just catch every first pokemon you see and box them? Or do you get the amount of pokes you want, and then if one dies, you have to get to a new area to replace it?

What about multi-leve areas? For instance, somewhere like Mt. Moon?
>>
>>32827382
Mt. Moon is only one area to me, and all similar areas multilevel areas would just count as one. And I always catch them and fill up my box for later. There's a chance your whole team could get swept and if you don't have anything in the box, run is over. So yeah, catch everything you can.
>>
>>32827382
Okay so basically the way I do it is catch something everywhere to make sure I have backups, one time I ran into the fighting dojo in Saffron and came out with only my level 20 Ghastly and a Hitmonlee to show for it, my entire team being wiped completely. I had no backups so it became a trek just to survive.
Also, any area that is multi-level comes down to the first pokemon in the whole area, different floors do not count as different areas, if you want something from a lower floor, get a repel or get ready to succ that sweet zubat nightmare dicc
>>
Starting HeartGold now. Standard Nuzlocke. I have still never ever finished a Nuzlocke.

No bullshitting around, I'm getting Cyndaquil. No other starter has a chance.
>>
>>32827418
Even though Cyndaquil is one of my fav pokes ever, Totodile is objectively the best starter, if only cause it gimps your rival with Chikorita
>>
>>32827437
True, it's just nice to have a guaranteed counter for Bugsy's Scyther. Geodude is also nice for that but not guaranteed.
>>
>>32827467

It's basically guaranteed, Johto Geodude is a cliche.
>>
File: 009 EMERALD-170621-173702.png (56KB, 606x404px) Image search: [Google]
009 EMERALD-170621-173702.png
56KB, 606x404px
fugg guys
wat do
i have no shiny clauses
>>
>>32827531
kill it
>>
>>32827418
HeartGold and SoulSilver are extremely tough lockes. Every gym leader has something insane to deal with, the Kimono Girls and the Legendary battles can easily end dozens of hours of work, and the sheer amount of slow grinding you'll have to do can be really exhausting.

Good luck, anon, but don't expect an easy time.
>>
>>32827531
just catch it you retard, who cares about clauses
>>
>>32827531
catch it, but keep it as a trophy. I also don't play with a shiny clause, but I run into so many shinies while Locking.
>>
>>32827538
Yeah I know, I've failed it before. Just need to be careful, not take any risks. Grinding is so hard in HG because the Pokemon are low level for the entire game.
>>
>>32827531
Just catch it shinies are the exception
>>
>>32802207
You're back, nice. V glad to see -3- hasn't died.

>>32803705
>randomizing this poorly

>>32803752
>this much randomization
>living this one
>Pic related
I wish you a lot of luck. Did one with randomized PP and Power and swore it off real fast.

>>32803998
>Wionna
>hardest
Bruh, just wait for Tate&Lisa. Since you can't just focus down one side from the start like other doubles, you either leave set up mons or coverage hitters on the field. I always expect a loss at each gym, but T&L has the bad habit of taking 2 or 3 from me.

>>32804547
Literally what >>32804563 says. It just makes the game a bit harder, forces you to use weird mons, and treat them a bit better. Puts items into use, too.

>>32804649
If I could choose any Pokemon to be my favorite, it would be Porygon. I've only had one once in a Nuzlocke, but it carried like beast.

>>32805322
Argenta, Alaina, Yesena

>>32809157
STILL WORKING THROUGH THE THREAD WHERE IS -3-

>>32826731
Ryhorn named Sydd
>>
File: tumblr_oqtxsdb4xw1r2g7mto1_400.gif (241KB, 372x297px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqtxsdb4xw1r2g7mto1_400.gif
241KB, 372x297px
>>32827659
>forgot pic
>>
>>32827659
Tate and Lisa are bad, for sure. My strategy going in is gonna either be use Castform and Pelliper and just weatherball / surf spam or pray to the gods I get a Sharpedo
>>
>>32828099
Solrock has Rock Slide so be careful with Pelipper
>>
Just finished the Radio Tower in my SoulSilver run, does this ever get a lot harder at later points? Feels like I'm breezing through things a lot better without any deaths save for the battle against Bugsy and Morty.
>>
>>32828118
Soul Silver is the first game I ever beat in Nuzlocke. The difficulty comes from it's length, since you have to get 16 badges. It's just a longer game so there's more room for wonky shit to happen.
>>
>>32816399
wouldn't hurt. it's always a shame when i wake up looking for the thread and its dead
>>
File: Screenshot_20170621-171837.jpg (48KB, 365x123px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170621-171837.jpg
48KB, 365x123px
>>32828099
These three died to T&L. You need more than just surf to win.
>>
Nuzlocke discord.

https://discord.gg/zbrvr
>>
>>32828263
Last time i faced them only my mightyena survived somehow.

Fuck tate and lisa and not in a sexual way (but also in a sexual way)
>>
>>32828285
Yeah, fuck Tate and Lisa
in that order
>>
>>32828263
Yeah, I know they're a pair of professional motherfuckers, but honestly if I can get a Sharpedo by fishing in town with a super rod, it'll null their psychic abilities. Couple that with my Pelliper who knows Surf/Icebeam (for Xatu), Castform and a potential ice type from the cave up north and I think I'll be ok. Not underestimating, but I think I have a decent strategy.

>>32828105
Duly noted.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170621-173110.jpg (362KB, 1011x978px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170621-173110.jpg
362KB, 1011x978px
>>32828327
No, not rock slide. Just be careful. Remember, you have to beat 3 Pokemon before they're down to 1. They act like 1 trainer, not 2 separate ones.

Pic is movesets
>>
>>32828350
Huh, you're right. I woulda sworn they had either Rock Slide or EQ. My bad i guess.
>>
>>32828377
They're all set up Pokemon. They're an intelligently set up team. This is basically mono-type Showdown.
>>
>>32827481
Fuck me, no Geodude. I knew it.
>>
>>32811901
You should do the Abandoned Ship before her, you get Ice Beam.
>>
The only proper play to Nuzlocke a game with the broken EXP Share is with the Rotation Clause.

In which you're forced to use EVERY Pokemon you catch and must constantly keep them around the same level. It leads to some pretty bleak situations.
>>
File: 34-001.jpg (1MB, 2222x1667px) Image search: [Google]
34-001.jpg
1MB, 2222x1667px
Here we go again.....
I hate my dad, only 90s kids will understand

Man, never expected emerald to give me so much trouble. specially not after breezing thru sapphire & ruby. i knew emerald was harder to nuzlocke, but not like this
>>
>>32828942
I'm terrified of Emerald. And Platinum.
>>
What's your opinions on evolutions like trade evolutions or things like Magnezone in HGSS?
>>
>>32829528
Nothing really, just count it as a first encounter in whichever city or route you traded it at
>>
>>32829528
I do single player evolutions only. No Gengars allowed.
>>
Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee?
>>
Why are youtube nuzlockers so lucky? or are they cheating?

Lost count of how many 1/2hp survives i've seen today.

>>32830088
before gen 4 - lee
after gen 4 - chan
>>
File: IMG_1603.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1603.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>32827382
This is me. Started a nuzlocke of black 2. Guess which one of these I'm probably going to box or use as heal fodder.
>>
File: 20170621_222718.jpg (613KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170621_222718.jpg
613KB, 2896x2896px
>>32827659
I'm afraid -3- fainted and therefore he was released. It was a tragic loss but the journey continues!
Update
>>
>lost my Sentret

I'm low key okay with this, trying to keep his level up with everyone else was a little tiring. Plus I have a Rattata

Anyone else kind of okay with losing some of the early mons like that?
>>
Holy shit, I just got swept by Falkner. I can't believe this.
>>
>>32830299
Yeah sometimes I'm like "whatever, slot open" if it wasn't working out.

Rough break on Falkner though, did he just accuracy hax you?
>>
Starting a Crystal Nuzlocke tomorrow. dubs picks my starter.
>>
>>32831255
Voila, choose yourself
>>
>>32830299
whenever i lose the obligatory starting poochyena in gen III i just shrug and move on because i know i'll be finding another (stronger) down the line
>>
anyone ever did a 0 exp run here?
>>
>>32830717
That and he spammed Roost until I ran out of attacking moves. I've never seen him spam Roost like that. Every single move he used it. And he got a number of cheeky crits. As soon as cyndaquil was down it was a chain reaction of death.
>>
I lost to Brock once

Shamefur dispray?
>>
>wingull leaves brawly's makuhita with 1hp twice and let him heal it after several bulk ups
>only started and makuhita survive

God dammit this 3DS is cursed
Doing next run on a PSP or something
>>
Is Chimchar the best starter for a Platinum run? Seems like he would be good for a lot of the early bosses but damn I'm scared of that Cranidos. I would have to one shot it.
>>
File: 35-001.jpg (1MB, 2222x1667px) Image search: [Google]
35-001.jpg
1MB, 2222x1667px
save me from this emerald hell
>>
>>32833562
Eh it depends on your play style.

Do you like gambling on killing something before it kills you? Then Chimchar is your boy.

Do you prefer Pokemon that can tank hits that are neutral against them and last? Then Turtwig is yours as well.

Piplup is for people who'd rather wait for an investment because Empoleon becomes the hardest to kill of the 3 starters thanks to Steel, and can still attack pretty fast.
>>
>>32833607
Sounds like Turtwig is my boy then, thanks
>>
File: 20170622_102536.jpg (595KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170622_102536.jpg
595KB, 2896x2896px
Update
>>
>>32833724
Just remember, he'll crumble like a faggot if you let him get hit by an ice move and Trainers in Platinum tend to have good movepools
>>
>>32833835
>not using feebas
>>
Anyone still have Cuckold Emerald?
>>
>>32833599
lol good lord how did you get swept so fast? What happened? May?
>>
File: Platinum Nuzlocke 5th Badge Get.jpg (190KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum Nuzlocke 5th Badge Get.jpg
190KB, 1136x852px
Maylene and Crasher Wake have both been felled. Wake's Floatzel gave me quite a fright, switching my Torterra in on a Crunch and taking an Ice Fang, leaving him at 6 HP. Overgrow Mega Drain to the rescue, though.

I keep hearing how ungodly difficult Platinum is, but personally, I'm having an easier time with this so far than I've ever had with HG/SS, B/W, or even Alpha/Omega. I'm sure I'll be eating those words soon, though.
>>
>>32834794
I don't know about everyone else, but I find that late game Platinum is where the problems start to stack up unless you've had some serious preparation beforehand or just some really good luck in what you've been getting.
>>
>>32834794
For me, Black and White always get me. The early game in that is so brutal. 2nd-5th gym later all have some serious bullshit
>>
>>32835353
>Retaliate Watchog
>Rock Blast Dwebble
>Everything about Elesa
>That fucking Excadrill

Then it all ends with not one, but two champion-tier fights. My god.
>>
>>32834779
may fight on the way to mauville, had a makuhita - poochyena - mudkip 1st evolution and then crits happened and everyone died

this is the new team
>>
I want to wonderlocke Y but it's the best game for breeding and i don't want to lose my shiny charm.

What do /nuz/ ?
>>
>>32835945
wonderlockes aren't fun anyway. It's only the wonder trading itself that's fun. Do something else.
>>
>>32835945
Buy or emulate x or just nuzlocke a different game
>>
preparing for the platinum league and I've got 2 options for my last slot
adamant rampardos or brave weavile
rampardos has been with me the longest but I'm not entirely sure how useful he'll be in the league given his patent combo of slow and fragile while, even with a -speed nature, weavile will still reliably outspeed a good deal of 'mons
>>
>just beat Brock in SoulSilver and on my way to Blue
>been running Gloom on my team since Ilex Forest with no chance to get a Leaf Stone
>can finally get a Leaf Stone since one is in Viridian Forest
>that one bitch in the Route before Goldenrod calls me up and tells me she has something
>it's a fucking Leaf Stone
They're doing this shit on purpose.
>>
>>32836569
couldn't you have just gone with the sun stone for bellossom

yeh I know it's worse than vileplume but it's better than gloom
>>
>>32836569
I learned pretty quickly to only give my number to NPC's who give out stones.
>>
>>32835945
Just back up your save with homebrew.

>>32836566
Weavile beats Cynthia's entire team by itself, provided you teach it swords dance, ice punch and brick break. You can set up on the Spiritomb once it runs out of silver wind PP.
>>
just got an Adamant Huge Power Marill outside petalburg, should i keep it even if i have mudkip?

was thinking about doing some mean rollout setups
>>
First response chooses starter for a moon nuz
Second response chooses what I call it
>>
>>32837418
Bwark
>>
Anyone ever get a shiny as their route pokemon?

Got a shiny Cutiefly as my route 3 during my blind Moon Nuzlocke on release day

It was the only survivor of Kukuimania running wild on me and won me the run.
>>
>>32837418
Popplio
>>
>>32837418
"Messenger"
>>
>>32837463
>>32837459
close enough, thanks anons
>>
Dupes clause. Do you use it?

I've never been one to use it but I'm going to use it for this Platinum run I think.
>>
File: Yellow Nuzlocke.png (2MB, 1384x1204px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow Nuzlocke.png
2MB, 1384x1204px
Just beat Brock thanks to my double double kickers.

How do you guys normally come up with your nicknames? Do you just come up with a random name or does it depend on the 'Mon?Usually I'm playing while watching or listening to something so I base it off that, but what do you guys do?
>>
>>32837849
It will definitely help introduce you to pokemon you might not have used before, go for it
>>
File: Capture.jpg (25KB, 411x323px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
25KB, 411x323px
>>32837869
I sweat over finding the perfect nickname for about 45 minutes and end up choosing something psuedo-random. I'm trying to get better about that. Name them something in 20 seconds or less. Anything, doesn't matter. I just named my Wurmple from route 204 "Hippie"

Because I was reminded of this guy from that old commercial
>>
If my pokemon uses Metronome and happens to use selfdestruct does that mean its dead?
>>
>>32837869

Sometimes a name pops into my head immediately, like in my last game when I caught two birds in a row and I knew immediately I wanted their names to be Lucius and Celia. There was no particular reason to it, it was just a gut instinct that that's what their names should be. Other times I look for something along the lines of a thematic name scheme, or just go for a joke name.

I also tend to think of my Nuzlocke runs in terms of a story playing out, and certain pokemon that my brain decides are particular crucial to the narrative I'm building up I often give names that are significant to that story.
>>
>>32838018
Yep, sorry chum.
>>
>>32838018
It fainted so yea. Sorry about the loss though if that just happened
>>
>>32838032
>>32838044
Damn. RIP TJ the Togepi lvs 3-10
>>
File: Platinum Nuzlocke Byron Downed.jpg (127KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum Nuzlocke Byron Downed.jpg
127KB, 1136x852px
>>32834794
Byron has been taken out. Easiest gym fight in this run so far. I believe this is the point where the Team Galactic plot starts to pick up, yes?

Still only have the three deaths: Hopper the Kricketune, Hiro the Meditite, and Nala the Luxio. A total of 21 Pokémon sitting in the box for backup. I'm pleasantly surprised with how well this run is going so far.

A reminder of my rules:
>Standard Nuzlocke Rules
>Dupes clause with 5 attempts
>Gym leader-based Level Limit
>"Set" Battle Style
>No Items in battle
>Shinies may be caught, but not used
>No Legendaries
>>
Bout to do a Sun nuzlocke, had a question for anons who have:

Since routes now have several parts with different encounters in different patches of grass on the same named route, do you consider those different captures areas? In older games, those would have been broken into different routes, so I'm a little fuzzy on the orthodoxy.

Further, how "hard" is gen 7 to nuzlocke with the standard no Amie, no EXP share, set rules? I found X to be a decent, well-paced challenge where you occasionally run into shit-wreckers, but otherwise don't have to grind too hard to keep pace.

Haven't done a run with Litten, any good in nuzlocke?
>>
About to do a Sun nuzlocke, had a question for anons who have:

Since routes now have several parts with different encounters in different patches of grass on the same named route, do you consider those different captures areas? In older games, those would have been broken into different routes, so I'm a little fuzzy on the orthodoxy.

Further, how "hard" is gen 7 to nuzlocke with the standard no Amie, no EXP share, set rules? I found X to be a decent, well-paced challenge where you occasionally run into shit-wreckers, but otherwise don't have to grind too hard to keep pace.

Haven't done a run with Litten, any good in nuzlocke?
>>
>>32838193
>>32838217
Oops, it said the first didn't go through.

Another question: is Yungoos or Raticate a better option?
>>
>>32838193
I don't consider those separate grass patches new areas, no. I treat "areas" as entire routes (grass, water, trees, sand, breakable rocks, gifts, eggs, etc), caves (individual floors are not), buildings or other structures are areas (again, all floors), you know the drill. If you give every new grass patch a chance you'll have a box full in no time.

I've never tries a gen 7 Nuzlocke though, so up to you. I believe you get plenty of pokemon with a ton of type diversity, but with no amie and no exp share it might be hard. Watch out for cheeky Z-Moves and trial double battles. And be extra careful during that bullshit mandatory battle royale tutorial. I always lose.

and I Raticate has a 4x weakness to fighting now so it might be less appealing for a Nuzlocke. But STAB bite is always nice early on
>>
>>32838193
Nah, first encounter of the new route/area should be it. Not every little individual spot should count as another encounter
>>
>>32838264
>>32838279
How do you feel about S.O.S. battles? As long as it's the same initial first encounter, you can still catch anything that pops up?
>>
>>32838384
Mmmmmmmm

You might be able to get away with that by using dupes clause after having already caught the pokemon in an earlier route, but I don't know lol

My gut says not allowed, though. But it's your challenge.
>>
>wasted all my pokemons trying (and failing) to capture a sableye
>kadabra died to a crit during brawly
>only three mons in hand, one is underleveled, the other is a mightyena

well this run is going to end up well!
>>
File: l_88.jpg (11KB, 424x179px) Image search: [Google]
l_88.jpg
11KB, 424x179px
Gonna stream a masochist run of voltwhite2:

- challenge mode
- no healing in battle
- set mode

I'm fully expecting to die within an hour and start Clover or SacredGold though

jollynuzcrew.com for chat
>>
>>32802154
Starting an Emerald Nuzlocke, though I will be resetting for a female Torchic

Wish me luck y'all

Dubs are what has decided my fate so I cannot change my course
>>
File: Current Position.png (503KB, 1543x870px) Image search: [Google]
Current Position.png
503KB, 1543x870px
Forgive the low quality image/template. I'm not good at photo editing, so this was done in Paint.
>>
>>32838580
Got an blank template?
>>
>>32838622
yes. several.
>>
>>32838823
>>32838622
There's a bunch earlier in the thread
>>
File: torrie.png (338KB, 1366x847px) Image search: [Google]
torrie.png
338KB, 1366x847px
>>32838525
Say hello to Torrie everyone
>>
About to start a Gold Nuzlocke. Wish me luck, lads.
>>
File: machop.jpg (171KB, 959x959px) Image search: [Google]
machop.jpg
171KB, 959x959px
Platinum run. I have been blessed with a Machop. If I can get him to around the same level as Roark's Cranidos, am I pretty much good? That 125 attack is a nightmare

>>32838974
Good luck anon, try not to fall too far behind level-wise. Hope you can safely get through that Miltank.

>>32838921
She'll grow up strong
>>
>>32838921
Ran into a Wurmple as my first catch, killed it with a crit
Off to route 103!

Do any of you come with logical reasons as to why your PC is following Nuzlocke rules?
>>
>>32838974
Good luck anon
>>32839186
Thanks
>>
File: Will.png (282KB, 1025x576px) Image search: [Google]
Will.png
282KB, 1025x576px
>>32838921
>>32839238

First addition to the team, Will the Wingull
>>
if you had to pick three fuckers to fight a fiery gym between marshtomp, numel, mightyena, poochyena, marill, machop and manetric, who would you pick?

>>32838974
>About to start a Gold Nuzlocke. Wish me luck, lads.
good luck senpai
watch out for exploding assholes
for some reason gen II had most of my selfdestruct/explosion casualties

>>32839238
>Do any of you come with logical reasons as to why your PC is following Nuzlocke rules?
autism

dunno, maybe he's just an edgelord trying to prove a point
>>
>>32839288
Nice dubs

I pretend that as far as only using the first mon you catch for each route, this was a government mandated rule for trainers to avoid the over-catching of Pokemon and to protect the rarer species
If I feel like it I'll catch every Pokemon for the Pokedex because Im autistic, but I will not use these illegitimate Pokemon
Something something special exception is researches (which included in) something something

Concerning releasing them upon fainting, I like to think its because my player feels hes failed that Pokemon and that hes not a good enough trainer for it, or something
>>
>>32839321
>>32839238

I don't have a head canon while playing a Nuzlocke but if I were to make a comic or something out of it I'd want to avoid death because yeesh that shit can get overdramatic really fast lol

I'd probably do something like a special Pokemon League challenge tier format where the same tech used to zap your 7th Pokemon to the PC box is also used on fainted Pokemon to zap them into a box and disqualify them from being used for the remainder of the League challenge.

I always enjoyed the idea of the Pokemon League being some sort of endurance challenge every trainer signs up for and goes through. I've always wanted to make some fanfic webcomics (like Nuzlocke comics and Mokepon and stuff) but I can't stay focused enough
>>
>>32839397
I started making a hand-drawn comic once and got a few pages in before my interest dropped
I admire the dedication of webcomic nuzlockers
>>
>>32839428
>>32839428
Let's keep it going! New thread
>>
File: chan.png (219KB, 1020x574px) Image search: [Google]
chan.png
219KB, 1020x574px
>>32839286
Welcome to the team, Chan
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.