[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pdg/ - Pokémon Duel General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 54

File: Screenshot_20170423-082142.jpg (481KB, 933x983px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170423-082142.jpg
481KB, 933x983px
Dabbin' Turtles edition

The Grass Gym is underway! Main prize is (once again) Magikarp/Gyarados.

>Discord chat
https://discord.gg/VYtmAcs
>Figure Lists (Click the figure to see the movesets)
http://serebii.net/duel/figures.shtml
>Plates Listing
http://serebii.net/duel/plates.shtml
>Quest Rewards
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/amanomurakumo/20170129
>Japanese Pokemon Duel twitter
https://twitter.com/pokemoncomaster

Store Links:
>iOS
itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokemon-duel/id1078819328
>Android
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.pokemon.pokemoncomaster&hl=en
>APK File
www.apkmirror.com/apk/the-pokemon-company/pokemon-duel/

>FAQs
http://pastebin.com/U26QTvSY

Previous thread >>32360674
>>
File: 1460416714843.png (78KB, 291x343px) Image search: [Google]
1460416714843.png
78KB, 291x343px
>tfw can't get 4 wins in a row at the gym
>>
File: i-know-that-feel.jpg (16KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
i-know-that-feel.jpg
16KB, 500x461px
>>32385909
Iktf bro

I wish the devs would just introduce a seperate ladder where Deoxys is banned and ban Deoxys from all future Gyms. All of these half measures are clearly not working seeing as high ranked featured duels are still all Deoxys.
>>
>>32385909
I stopped trying for streaks sometime during the last gym. I never got very far, and getting to 3 only gives you an ingot for your troubles. Now every time I reach two I just take the figures
>>
File: 1463259616670.png (65KB, 337x520px) Image search: [Google]
1463259616670.png
65KB, 337x520px
>Reshiram, 4th Wigglytuff, and a Cube R from a Rainbow Booster
At least something nice happened today
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-23-00-07-12.png (201KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-23-00-07-12.png
201KB, 720x1280px
>>32385926
>>32385927
Nevermind haha
>>
>>32385979
nice anon. i have 3 aids orange boxes I wish i could delete but I've pulled a Reshiram and a Raikou from the gym which is cool
>>
>>32386006
I got the fat juicy 4 streak and it gave me all Cs. It's not worth it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170423-130901.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170423-130901.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>32386073
>Matchmaker puts me against a 8 win streak vs my 1
>Tries to rush
>Fails

He deserved it desu
>>
>>32385890
That's not even close to a dab.
>>
File: #e8rwygyu8.png (140KB, 1298x1204px) Image search: [Google]
#e8rwygyu8.png
140KB, 1298x1204px
>>32386006
haha xD
>>
>"I hope I don't get another Grovyle from this booster."
>get another grovyle

GIVE ME A FUCKING SCEPTILE OR VIRIZION ALREADY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32386826
>mad about free Clv
shaking my head to be honest familia
>>
Finally got my angry tree from the last booster pack award
>>
>>32386888
you need 3 for a chain anyway
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-23-10-22-14.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-23-10-22-14.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Might be time for a break yeah
>>
>>32386896
>Rainbow shine from gym booster
>Another tree
There is no reason for two right? I should feed one to the other?
>>
>>32387018
I'm sorry anon
>>
>>32387018
jesus wat a bad luck
>>32387030
right now it isnt worth, but maybe its worth in the future if they add more figures for a ghost plate deck. In my opinion you should wait for the next booster update, and if it still isnt worth, just fuse them
>>
Which move to expand for deo-n and deo-s? Does teleport allow you to move through the opponent?
>>
>>32387448
A look into the mind of the average Deoxys user.
>>
Are the bonus quests ALL League wins now? I haven't seen anything else in 2 weeks.
>>
>>32386401
I've seen so many high streakers with low rank and shit strategies, I wouldn't be surprised if they're redditors who use the bugbot "strategy"
>>
>>32387551
I just got use 4 materials in fusion, so no.
Before you call me a lucky faggot, I got UC ingots.
>>
>>32387551
Does tanking really work?

Seriously considering doing it desu, I don't care about my ranking and just want the Gyarados
>>
>>32387617
>use 4 materials in fusion
>1 uc blue as a reward
t-thanks
>>
>dabs
literally seclude yourselves from the rest of society in some far off land and never contact us again
>>
File: 1491784062817.jpg (59KB, 336x409px) Image search: [Google]
1491784062817.jpg
59KB, 336x409px
>>32387674
>>
>>32387617
>>32387630
Better than having to risk your rank dropping for just a cube though.
>>
Does Clv have an upper limit or can some turbowhale theoretically keep pumping his dupe Deoxys until 200 Power Psycho Boost?
>>
>>32387709
You can only chain level to 10. The most damage Deoxys will be able to do without a plate is 140
>>
>>32387713
Thank god
10 is still ridiculous though.
>>
File: sqrt.gif (312KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
sqrt.gif
312KB, 500x379px
>my entry points blocked
>get my goal surrounded
>its gg
>move my only figure instead of forfeiting
>he doesnt hop on my goal ftw
>he moves figure off bench to attack my only figure on field
>dude is fucking around
>cocky fuck wants a wait win
>begin to DC spam him for like 30 mins until i cant rejoin game
>no shame
>no regrats
>not even mad

I hope that I didn't register as a win on his end. Maybe he'll try and not be an asshole next time and just win.
>>
File: 1472603092254.png (284KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472603092254.png
284KB, 800x800px
>>32385926
You're not all that wrong about Deoxys for the most part, but he does have a decent amount of counters like Mew Metagross (sort of), and Dimensional Slip is a load of shit leaving you open to figures like Zapdos.

Broken, cheap, pieces of shit like Reuniclus, on the other hand...
>>
>On the field, this Pokémon can pass through other Pokémon. Attach a Forest Mischief marker to any Psychic-type Pokémon that battles this Pokémon. (While that marker is attached, that Pokémon is not subject to Energy effects.)
Other Pokemon getting this when
>>
File: 1380822986094.png (19KB, 512x323px) Image search: [Google]
1380822986094.png
19KB, 512x323px
how kill reuniclus?
>>
>>32388529
my nigga

Also think Reuni is more broken than Deoxys. Deoxys is 'better' and wins more matchups, but from a design standpoint Reuniclus is worse because:

>It doesn't actually have a hard counter. There are things that stop its respins but it doesn't have something like Mew which beats the main 3 Deoxys forms or Dark Energy which destroys the strat entirely. The pokemon with the best chance to outdamage Reuni's entire wheel, Deoxys-A, gets taken out of the game after confusion, and even trying to suicide it can waste you turns.

>It harshens the effect of variance on the game. Deo teams can only actually 'attack' with Deo-A, which always has the chance of slipping. If you manage to set up and hold your own for a few turns, you can generally beat Deo decks if you have the proper tools to counter it. Reuniclus, however can bulldoze its way to the goal with no punishment whatsoever.
>>
>>32388529
>Mew
>counters Deoxys
>can only KO if you spin gold twice vs. purple
>will only survive if you spin gold or blue twice vs. white
>implying your opponent will ever miss
Deoxys doesn't have a counter. It has things that attempt to check it.
>>32388555
Having the ability to pass through other things is a mistake. Remove soar/infiltrator/step work/forest mischief.
>>
>>32388585
I meant more the blocking energy than moving through things
>>
>>32388577
whoops meant to format that post differently, didn't mean to write the entire thing in greentext

>>32388572
Tropical energy or Metagross. Dark energy can help stall and set up too. Good figures to fight it with are Deoxys-A, Zapdos and (under tropical energy), Gyarados, Moltres, Sceptile, Virizion. C Lv's are quite important against them though.
>>
>>32388555
Fun fact: if you use this on a Deoxys-A, it becomes immune to Tropical Energy.
>>
File: NANI.gif (743KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
NANI.gif
743KB, 320x240px
>>32388601
>>
>>32388592
Yeah for sure. The rest of the ability is fucking great but it didn't need that tacked on. Especially being released for a gym where it gets 3mp. It's like Shuppet but good. I know that's how they get the money but damn.
>>
>>32388601
Another fun fact. The devs introduced break energy as a means of """""counterplay"""" to Cosmo Energy.

Then they introduced stronger counters to Cosmo Energy and Reuniclus in the form of Energy Plates...which can be broken by Break Energy

These devs are something else
>>
>>32388616
The devs honestly fixed the game with the grass patch.

People think Deoxys/Reuniclus ruined the game, but people who say that don't remember when birds ruined the game, or when Yveltal ruined the game, or when Manaphy ruined the game, etc.

There's always going to be one deck that's just better. That's how competitive games work. Deoxys had the issue of not really having a viable counter, but after Metagross, Break, and Dark, Ghost, and Tropical Energy on top of rebalancing other mechanics like Poison, Deoxys/Reuniclus are still strong but aren't Tier 0 anymore. There's meta diversity.

The game is in a very good state.
>>
File: 1470768914085.jpg (87KB, 811x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470768914085.jpg
87KB, 811x720px
>>32388661
>Yveltal with three Weavile and two Greninja

Don't remind me
>>
>>32388661
>or when Yveltal ruined the game, or when Manaphy ruined the game
tbf those came out before international release
>>
File: Nice try, Deoxys.png (356KB, 1418x863px) Image search: [Google]
Nice try, Deoxys.png
356KB, 1418x863px
>>32388661
>fixed the game
>by not fixing the problem
They slapped a bandaid on it at best and the "fix" basically only gets obtained by the p2w players even though the problem plagues everyone playing the game.
>There's always going to be one deck that's just better. That's how competitive games work.
That's called imbalance. That's how badly designed or maintained competitive games work. Given that the game can receive updates at any time, there is no excuse for this kind of nonsense ruining the game.
>still strong but aren't tier 0 anymore. There's meta diversity.
>9/10 of the top ranked teams in league right now are salad cancer featuring bird(s)
>10th is Deoxys
>top ranked team in grass gym is 3 jelly 3 grass
>rest of the top 10 is salad cancer
So MAYBE those teams aren't tier zero any more but you've ruined the meta in a new and exciting way in an attempt to save the meta. It's still terribly unbalanced.
>>
>>32388764
>They slapped a bandaid on it at best and the "fix" basically only gets obtained by the p2w players even though the problem plagues everyone playing the game.
>So MAYBE those teams aren't tier zero any more but you've ruined the meta in a new and exciting way in an attempt to save the meta. It's still terribly unbalanced.
People seem to think that the solution to a Tier 0 deck is to make it literally unplayable.
Having Deoxys/Reuniclus still be viable is a GOOD thing, because now it alongside several other decks are in the upper tiers, giving the meta diversity and options. You can argue that it's not enough (which I don't agree with), but no one can deny that it's a huge step in the right direction and that balancing attention should focus on the other figures in the game at this point.

The point of balance patches is to make sure the meta has as much diversity in the upper tiers as this style of game can support. It's not supposed to be a rotating door where one deck dominates for a month before promptly being totally discarded. THAT'S bad game design, and the grass update fortunately provided the former.

>That's called imbalance. That's how badly designed or maintained competitive games work. Given that the game can receive updates at any time, there is no excuse for this kind of nonsense ruining the game.
Can you name a single game that gives players several hundred options and manages to make even half of them competitively viable?
This happens all the time in this sort of competitive game. Card games, fighting games, mobas, the list goes on. It's not bad game design, it's the reason why good RTSs only have 1-3 playable races.
>>
>>32388764
they fucked my deoxys solution with tropical energy. i hate the cards healing powers just when my paralysis deck was killing it
>>
>>32388908
Help?
>>
>>32388911
haha yes
>>
>>32388795
No one is saying Deoxys and Reuniclus need to be completely neutered. Pepople are saying that those two teams invalidate all but one other deck, which was just released to counter it. That is not a sign of a healthy meta and there are no "several other decks" in the upper tiers. You either run grass with its special energy and abilities created to beat the psychic types or you lose to psychic types. I agree that this is a step in the right direction but you're vastly overestimating the effect it has on the rest of the meta.
>The point of balance patches is to make sure the meta has as much diversity in the upper tiers as this style of game can support. It's not supposed to be a rotating door where one deck dominates for a month before promptly being totally discarded.
You do this by tweaking the things currently dominating as the game develops rather than leaving one dominating force alone and introducing a second one to counter that but will also dominate everything else in the game.
>Can you name a single game that gives players several hundred options and manages to make even half of them competitively viable?
I cannot name that game and that still doesn't excuse blatant imbalance. If you have the option to adjust your game as it grows but choose to leave it in a state of complete imbalance then you're an incompetent dev and the players should not ccept that. It happens all the time though as you pointed out.
>>
>>32388911
i guess that is my only complaint. it is making me switch my deck comp up and i'm still 3.3k but gyarados and sceptile can fuck me up
>>
>>32388661
All of those had counterplay that far outsizes the counterplay available against Reun and Deoxys

Literally their only "sins" were being above the damage curve and having status, they were not getting 3 respins, getting ridiculous early game pressure, or switching between figures for optimal matchups each battle
>>
>>32386907
3 is fucking nothing, and if you have clv2 or higher you can win against a reuniclus hyper beam

>>32388661
>People think Deoxys/Reuniclus ruined the game, but people who say that don't remember when birds ruined the game, or when Yveltal ruined the game, or when Manaphy ruined the game, etc.
The birds were really strong, but they only were unfair when the flying gym gave them that overpowered status, outside of it they still were top tier but ''fair'', as there were already solutions for them and they could fuck themselves by rolling their miss/50/roost.
as for the other two i don't really know since i wasn't there when they were just released but water decks and dark decks were never that bad to me.

>Deoxys had the issue of not really having a viable counter, but after Metagross, Break, and Dark, Ghost, and Tropical Energy on top of rebalancing other mechanics like Poison, Deoxys/Reuniclus are still strong but aren't Tier 0 anymore. There's meta diversity.
having to dedicate 2 patchs and make modification to old figures just to counter a set of figures is really sad.
>>
I just think the board layout itself is a crock of shit and opens itself up to a lot of ways to cheese wins with, to be desu.
>>
>>32388661

>fixing the game with a POSSIBLE deterrent

that's not how fixing works

for example, I think it'd be easier to fix the thing by getting rid of the Cosmo plate, first, because it get rids of special conditions you might have sacrificed a figure to inflict, then cause the free switching game is too strong, you can always go for a stronger attack or an instant KO move to get rid of DeoA (if it doesn't fuck off by himself, which is his own integrated balancer) but if it switches to DeoD it doesn't matter, you get countered or your effect doesn't apply, which would be fine on DeoD by himself as a wall/goalie or a super slow pusher, while DeoS is perfect the way it is, really weak but it has a small chance of winning a game by itself with a lucky spin if given the chance to run straight to the goal after a dodge or the right counter/miss

they are fine by themselves, making them work together was too much

then there's Reuniclus who has

-no need to evolve
-2MP
-a good size STRONG attack
-a weak attack that EASILY becomes strong and STRONGER
-a pretty safe 3* purple
-multiple chances to get the result you want
-not having a dodge pretty much is a pro instead of a con because of all of this
-the only way to lose a Reuni in a direct battle (outside Deos or Reunis, or obviously the newest direct counter figures) is to have the shittiest luck 3 TIMES IN A ROW
>>
>>32389236
What would be a better balanced board
>>
>>32389312
I have to keep ramming fug into reuniclus when I face them, which is a pain in the ass with only 1MP
>>
>just got a mew from a Purple box

it really is the color that has given me the most EX
>>
>>32387448
You have to think about what you use them for. Deo-N is a small-pokemon killer, such as Mew or Vibrava. I leveled Psycho Boost for the 90. But yes, you can Teleport through enemies, though it's like a hurdle jump (1 space behind). Leveling Teleport makes you weaker vs Mew so not good imo. For Deo-S, I suggest either Gold or Dodge. Gold is better if you're caught having to fight opposing Deo-A or Deo-D, but Dodge is better vs Dark Energy.
>>
>>32387448
Easy way to answer this question
>Use the figure at Level 1
>Every time you spin with it, record which attack would have been the most beneficial
>After 10 games, compare the numbers
>>
>>32385890
Does anyone know what a dab actually is? Because Blastoise is just making a generic imma fuk you up bitch pose.
>>
I have 4000 material what should I get?
>>
>>32389528
Do you have Zapdos
>>
>>32389528
Deoxys A. Only costs 3000 to boot
>>
>>32389414

>first game using it is against a Cosmofag
>thanks to Mew I can put the right pressure from turn 1 and end up winning

damn this thing is really good to push that deck back, he tried to counter Mew with his DeoS (without plates) and it just got shat on by psychic luckily
>>
>>32389541
dont have him, he looks good though
>>32389554
I was leaning towards this
>>
Sleep is fucking god tier in this gym, everyone is rushing, so a mon will often be stranded if you manage to sleep it, and it's like taking them out of the game
>>
>tfw you're about to win and you get a call

man this game should give people a warning about it and be like "the opponent is on a call, do you want to be a sportsman and wait for him or just take the win?"
>>
>>32389695
just don't answer lol
>>
>>32389615

that's what tropical energy curing effect is for, so be careful not to leave sleeping pokemon unguarded or they'll wake up in your goddamn back when you're not looking
>>
>>32389714
Well obviously you've got to check their plates
>>
>>32389312
Let's not forget the incredible synergy Reuni have with Max Revive and with Ho-Oh. Killing 1 Reuni is a challenge but the fact that it can come right back is fucking nuts.
>>
File: China used Knock Off.png (825KB, 746x663px) Image search: [Google]
China used Knock Off.png
825KB, 746x663px
i don't know why bother with this game
>>
>>32389874

you sure it's not current nintendo amiibo quality?

and that Weavile looks PISSED
>>
>>32389874
Munchlax and Swellow don't look that bad tbqh
>>
>Playing big boy Reun player in gym with crazy C Lvs, Virizion, the works
>Rayquaza has gotten break energy off so I'm probably fucked, luck not really going my way either
>He pins me but Heatran gets some clutch spins after a few tries and I'm able to free my entry after killing Phantump then Virizion
>Back to 4 v 4 and I'm thinking of how I can win and penetrate his defenses
>Opp randomly decides to attack my Phantump on his entry with Reuniclus whilst leaving the goal exposed
>Phantump rolls Confuse Ray and I walk on the goal

???????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>32387448
deo-N its 90, Deo-S, the one you prefer, 40 for killing mews and shiet or gold for purples. If you already leveled the 90 in deo-n to check mews, i would level the gold one in deo-s
>>
Is there any way to fix the "bottom panel faded out" bug? It's been preventing me from playing the game for a few hours now.
>>
>>32390614

it's the notifications (news or dailies) not showing up properly

restart your phone, otherwise it'll eventually go by itself no matter what you do, it took me several hours last time
>>
>>32390614
Had this problem the other day. I cleared the cached from the title screen then went to system->apps->pokemon duel cand clear the cache there. Started working after that. Your results may vary.
>>
>>32390614
The best way to fix that is to delete cache at the tittle screen, it will ask you to download some data again it's not downloading the whole game again, just some few data, it will take a few minutes, but after that you will be able to play right away instead of wasting hours waiting.
also keep your transfer code in hand just in case, i've done it twice and never had a problem, but just in case.
>>
>won a game against a dumb Chesnaught user
>First one ever
>next game
>double Chesnaught/double Ho-Oh/double Torterra
>u wot
>KO one of the Chesnaughts with Grovyle
>hop it 2 spaces from goal, plenty of stuff he could have used to attack me and prevent this
>or move the other Ho-Oh onto the goal
>moves a Ho-Oh to nowhere instead
I think I found a new bot or something.
Me: 2, Chesnaught users everywhere 90 or so
>>
Is Blastoise still competitively relevant? I just pulled one from a Rainbow booster.
>>
> rainbow box
> 24 hours later
> ready to get my 1st ex
> wigglytuff
>>
File: 1476451908553.png (9KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1476451908553.png
9KB, 256x256px
>both my entry points are blocked
>Use Chestnaut to push a figure off one of them.
>Now to get him off my...
>Reconnecting. Please wait
>Wait patiently so I don't lose my 4 -win streak
>The timer is still going despite connection issues
>I end up timing out.
>The fucking error pop-up is still in my screen.

Officially the worst gym!
>>
File: 1492046800989.jpg (122KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1492046800989.jpg
122KB, 572x303px
>Running Cosmo Memergy core with Venusaur and ShuppetSwap faggotry.
>Opponent uses Hurdle Jump on his Chesnaught to block my entry point after denying him a Spiky Shield with Deo-A's dodge.
>Block my goal with Deo-S.
>Get a Forefeit Win.

The fuck? He could just played as normal, all of his Pokemon were runners.
>>
>>32390980
you need to ask yourself these 2 questions to know if it's worth using it
>Can i use it with tropical/dark energy?
>Can it survive/counter deoxis?
>Can i use it in the gym?
if the answer to any of those is yes, then it might be useful.
>>
>>32391721
People would rather not waste time and go on to a match that might actually be fun
>>
>>32391721
what was his deck?, did he had tropical energy?, do you really think he had a chance at killing your deoxis A?
>>
>>32391728

Fair point, but it's still not high-tier in this gym.

And I just pulled a Trevenant out of a 2-streak win, that makes for 2 EXs I've pulled from this gym (the other being Ho-Oh).
>>
>>32391745
not him, but everyone knows that deoxis decks are some annoying bullshit pretty much anywhere
>>
>>32391739

He didn't have Tropical Energy, but he did have two Cheasnaughts and a Grovyle+Sceptile combo.
>>
>>32391745
>it's still not high-tier in this gym
Nigga what? Tropical + bird is S tier and Deoxys is A+ tier. Everything else is shit.
>>
>>32391759
grovyle into sceptile or grovyle and sceptile?, grovyle only does 120, so it gets fucked by Deo A, and while chesnaught might be able to push a Deo A out of his path, it can't kill and eventually it will get a bad roll and die.
>>
>get 30 win
>want second flying dragon
>team jobs at every point
Well this sucks.
>>
>>32391841

Grovyle into Sceptile, he wasn't that weak.

And my team isn't a proper Deoxys team by all counts, I'm missing a few things.

>Deoxys-A
>Deoxys-S
>Deoxys-D
>Venusaur (thinking about swapping it out for Torterra due to the latter's Cornerstone)
>Ho-Oh
>Shuppet
>>
>>32390670
>>32390785
>>32390799
I cleared the cache and restarted the system, it worked. Thanks.
>>
>>32391211
>opponents has connection issues for 2 minutes
>timer doesn't even budge
>have connection issues for half a minute myself
>timer down to 2 minutes
I swear it happens every single time

I also like how it takes 1 second for my opponent to move his figure while waiting for the soar/infiltrator/etc flare up animation to stop takes at least 2 of mine
>>
>>32391863
>And my team isn't a proper Deoxys team by all counts, I'm missing a few things.
you're only missing an extra Deo S, other than that, what you have is good enough as to piss off your opponent by making it risky to attack your Deos
>>
>>32391884
>you're only missing an extra Deo S.

My friend who's better at the game than I am said the same.

Thank goodness I have enough for one from the Material Shop.
>>
>>32391919
You disgust me but whatever, just keep in mind that every patch that has come out on the last month or so has included some counter to deoxys, so you better have a plan B if you're seeing that it's not worth anymore to play with a deo deck
>>
>Failed to get Gyarados the first time
>Going to fail again ebcause of little time and increased energy costs
I think I'm just going to uninstall and forget
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-23-23-52-06.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-23-23-52-06.png
1MB, 720x1280px
>go vs some fag with 300 more points
>rush his ass with Greninja
Pshh...nothin personnel...kid

Also what's with the people with 7~ win streaks but less than 1400 points at the gym?
>>
File: IMG_0601.png (535KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0601.png
535KB, 750x1334px
Well got to the first Gyara, felt kinda bad because I just feed him to one of the bigger older 3 I have. But hey he helped that one become CLv2 so that's cool
>>
>>32392323
Nice
This will be my first Gyarados if I manage to get to 25 wins, really want one since Articuno jobs too often for my tastes
>>
It's a shame the Deo/Reun blunder had such a negative impact on the game, cause most, if not all of the R/EX figures they introduced since then are strong and fun, but not overpowered
>>
File: Screenshot_20170424-185329.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170424-185329.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
So I have two questions:

One, what ex should I buy?

Part of me says I need to follow the meta and get my Zapdos, but the other half thinks a manaphy would let me make more fun decks. Alternatively everyone is saying that sceptile and verizion are great, but after this gym and their mother reduction will they still be considered amazing? Or something else entirely?

Second, what do I use the cube on? I assume Zapdos if I get that, but otherwise what?
>>
Considering we got the fire and grass gym, I assume the next will be water with electric being the damage buff, prepare for that magikarp rush.
>>
Guys, I just found Palkia and Virizion, are they any good league wise?
>>
>>32392522
No, yes
>>
>>32392106
>Also what's with the people with 7~ win streaks but less than 1400 points at the gym?
lost a lot of times but continued the streak/picked up from the last victory in exchange of 10 gems
>>
>Ho-oh
>Heatran
>Zapdos
>Genesect
>Whimsicott
>Shuppet

Which figures should I change guys?
>>
>Have opponent's entry points
>They only have a virizion on goal and a deo-a in the top right center corner
>deo-a just bullies its way to my goal and destroys anything I put in its way

So glad the game is fixed and balanced guys
>>
File: IMG_0785.png (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0785.png
1MB, 1536x2048px
Welp, I might be done with this Gym...
>>
>>32392471
Deoxys-A is still the single strongest standalone figure IMHO, but Sceptile/Virizion are also good picks. Use your EX Cube on one of those (power up Psycho Boost, Leaf Blade or Sacred Sword respectivy)

I wouldnt bother with crafting a Zapdos nowadays desu, for one better EX figures exist these days, and two, chances are you'll pull one from a booster eventually.
>>
>>32392480
Can't wait for Swampert.
>>
>>32392602
Genesect sucks, I'd get rid of it unless you don't have anything better.

The rest is decent, more or less. Run Tropical Enegy if you don't already.
>>
>>32392028
Nah man, just spam 10 gems for bugbot wins at least. You have two days still.

>>32392471
Either Zapdos or Deoxys A make sense. You can make a good Dark Energy deck, and either of those figures fit the deck. Honestly I think it's a toss up between them. Use the cube on either one that you craft (maxing the size and power of Thunder Crash if you go Zapdos).

If you are comfy where you are, feel free to try Manaphy or grass dudes, but Zapdos and DeoA are tried and true excellent pieces for winning games, period.

>>32392602
Genesect for sure

>>32392655
Congrats dude. I'm at 43 but definitely stopping at 50. Mega-shuppet is causing PTSD
>>
>>32392690

I'm >>32391863 (with Venusaur swapped out for a second Deoxys-S), so I may have contributed to your PTSD.
>>
>>32392686
What about Virizion instead of Genesect?
>>
>>32392718
Virizion is great, use it

You already have Whimsicott and Shuppet as your MP3 runners anyway, though I'd probably change the latter for something else (Mew or Greninja would be great). There are too many evolving shitters taking advantage of poor old Shups nowadays.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 185x268px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 185x268px
>it's the enemy Rhyperior Bulldozes his way to your goal from half across the board episode
>>
>>32392724
Yea, I know man, but I don't have Mew nor Greninja unfortunately, but I'm planning on getting them with the material
>>
>>32389414
My last 3 ex add yellow fucking cubes
>>
>>32387018
>he didn't just use AI for the last 30 seconds

Nothing matters, desu
>>
File: IMG_1333.png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1333.png
602KB, 963x720px
>get matched with some dude with all 4 Deoxys forms
>he doesn't have Cosmo Energy
>and is also running a Metagross
>AND they forfeit as soon as the match starts
>>
File: beetle baily talks some shit.jpg (10KB, 188x261px) Image search: [Google]
beetle baily talks some shit.jpg
10KB, 188x261px
>get my 3-win streak
>mudkip, plusle, common ingot

truly a random booster! XD
>>
>>32392780
If you don't have a greninja, you are missing out on lots of really cool heartache when it jobs to the most typical shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-24-12-24-22.png (557KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-24-12-24-22.png
557KB, 1080x1920px

I've recently swapped out Infernape for Grovyle to see how that works

I finally have 4000 material, so i can get whatever i want

But what?
>>
>>32393559
Was it a room match?
>>
>>32393687
I would probably get Zapdos to replace Fug, then add a Petitlil in place of Vib if Deo concerns you.
>>
>>32393687
>>32393749
If you do decide to cut Fug, turn that goal block into a tropical energy and a scoop up. Scoop is a very versitile plate.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170424-122341.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170424-122341.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>blow 6 boosters after getting Gyarados
>fused away the Goliath aND Haunter it gave me already
Try and top my bad luck. You will never defeat me.
>>
>>32393749
Even if i don't have its evo?
>>
>>32393826
I've gotten one ex out of the gym and it was Palkia.
>>
>>32393836
It's a decent mon without Liligant. Free full restore off the bench and a good chance to sleep things besides being able to threaten big attackers. Synergies with Leafeon and Grovyle as well. I think it's worth running without but if you get lucky enough to get one the idea of a 40 pow petal dance Lilly is pretty sweet.
>>
>>32393692
Nope, a regular League match
>>
>>32393871
Trying for a successive win daily maybe.
>>
>>32393836
>>32393864
Phantump would work as an anti-cosmo energy option as well if you prefer the mobility. Both Phantump and Petitlil have their merits. Probably worth testing both to see which you personally prefer.
>>
>>32393840
I haven't gotten any from any gym. Started halfway through the dragon gym to be fair though.
>>
>>32393826
woah Gardevoir is in this game? lucky
>>
Finally got Gyarados. I'm tempted to keep going just for a few more Gym boosters, trophy, and the 20 gems.
>>
>>32392655
>tfw I got 2 gyarados the first time they came out but no magikarp
>>
File: 1452654147654.jpg (40KB, 600x759px) Image search: [Google]
1452654147654.jpg
40KB, 600x759px
>First time seeing myself on featured
>It's a loss where I played badly and lost 30 points

I don't even know what happened in that game desu. I think I just started to run out of time and played recklessly at the end. Wish I had a better connection or they extended the timer to 7-8 minutes.
>>
Post next Gym predictions

I'm betting Rock Gym w/ Steel buff with Terrakion and Cobalion becoming available in the next set of quads
>>
>>32395139
Predicting the same. Maybe Aerodactyl or Scizor as a 3rd EX, and Diancie as the gym reward if they're still doing those.
>>
>>32395164
>Aerodactyl
>Scizor
These will be R at most
>>
>>32395258
>Lucario, Snorlax, Rhyperior, and Aggron can be EXs
>Scizor can't
>>
>>32395284

if Weavile can't then Scizor can't
>>
>>32395333
What does this have to do with anything?

We've seen Trevenant, Lucario, Magmortar, Electivire, Aggron, Rhyperior, Gardevoir, Snorlax all feature as EXs despite not being legendaries, starters, or pseudo legendaries. It's anyone's guess what they could/could not choose to feature as EXs.
>>
>>32395366

if Tyrfuin'anitar can't then Scizor can't
>>
>>32395377

then again, Aggron did, I bet Exploud will too

god damn
>>
File: checked.jpg (42KB, 602x481px) Image search: [Google]
checked.jpg
42KB, 602x481px
>>32395333
>>32395366
>>32395377
>>
>>32393768
On Tropical Energy, I'm just wondering what the special conditions refer to
>>
File: IMG_0787.png (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0787.png
1MB, 1536x2048px
Cancer/10? Cancer/10.

>>32395480

It refers to shit like Poison, Paralysis, Burn, Sleep, and Poison. Other status effects like Noxious and Relaxed are also affected.
>>
>Rainbow glow
>Aggron

I forgot it was an EX, I literally never fought any.
>>
>>32395139
Water with electric because muh patterns.
>>
>>32395508
So its useful even when you're not fighting that specific cancer
Nice
Thanks
>>
>>32395587
>muh patterns
>when there's been exactly 0 (zero) cases of repeat gyms
>>
Show I even try to go past 25 victories at the gym?
>>
>>32396304
No, just uninstall.
>>
>>32396304
don't you want to fuse another magikarp? :^)
>>
>magikarp surrounded
>evolve it
>gyrados surrounded

hell yeah, love this gimmick
>>
>Weavilebot shows up instead of bugbot
>Lose to it while I was trying to win
>>
I'm close to my first Gyarados, should I bother using my 130 gems to get the second?
>>
File: 1488321992234.png (124KB, 407x344px) Image search: [Google]
1488321992234.png
124KB, 407x344px
>>32396531
>losing to any bot

>>32396672
no
>>
Why is that you still can not cancel using a plate
>>
>>32396679
>Every single figurine on the field frozen
Luck always beats skill
>>
Why does the AI still make objectively dumb decisions
>>
>>32395626

The status removal is the icing on the cake, the real treat is the respin denial.

If you want status removal without using up a Plate, run Petilil.
>>
>>32397204
Force close the app
>>
Is evolving Grovyle worth it, or would I just be better off using Sceptile?
>>
>>32397511
Use both.
>>
>>32397511
its not worth it, use sceptile alone. You need the kill presure on deoxys A from the start, and the +10 damage doesnt really help against anything. The only way i see grovile usefull is in a deck to combo with trevenant.
>>
Nerfs are here, praise Jesus
>>
DEOXYS AND REUNICLUS ARE GETTING NERFED. CHECK THE NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT.
>>
File: 1388633591713.jpg (194KB, 424x567px) Image search: [Google]
1388633591713.jpg
194KB, 424x567px
>Dialga, Palkia, Empoleon, Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza buffs
>Deoxys, Cosmo Energy, and Reuniclus BTFO
>>
File: Screenshot_20170425-165255.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170425-165255.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Where were you when they fixed Deo A?
>>
>>32397690
>the ability to pressure other Sceptile, Rhyperior, Zapdos, Yveltal, Zygarde, Blastoise, Palkia, Ho-Oh, Reshiram, and Brain Linked Reuniclus if you only get one Leaf Blade spin is not worth it
Sure you lose the ability to take Mew out, but that's what Grovyle is for
>>
File: 156 - dy4Hcgh.jpg (36KB, 419x424px) Image search: [Google]
156 - dy4Hcgh.jpg
36KB, 419x424px
>Deo A nerf
>Cosmo Energy Nerf
>Reuniclus Nerf

That you based devs
>>
Is this game fixed now?
>>
>>32397921
We can't be sure until after the update, but it could be
>>
>[EX] Dialga
-Changed the additional effect of Roar of Time
-Changed Roar of Time 110 to Roar of Time 130
-Changed Dragon Claw 60 to Dragon Claw 70
-Increased the wheel piece size of Dragon Claw
-Decreased the wheel piece size of Miss
We've strengthened the damage values of [EX] DIalga's Attacks and changed the additional effect of Roar of Time to:"Return the battle opponent to their start-of-the-duel state (excluding evolution)."
If figures such as [EX] Reshiram and [EX] Zekrom sustain the effects of this attack
, they would have to recount for Wait 9 from that point, and things like the effects of the Overdrive plate, special conditions, and markers would be negated.
Other things that can be reset by Roar of Time include effects of the Attacks Dark Mist, Fairy Mist, Techno Charge, and Cotton Guard, as well as the type added by the Ability Forest Mystery.

>[EX] Palkia
-Changed the additional effect of Spacial Rend
-Changed Spacial Rend 100 to Spacial Rend 120
-Changed Dragon Claw 60 to Dragon Claw 70
We've strengthened the damage of values of its Attacks and changed the additional effects of Spacial Rend to: "If the battle is a tie, the battle opponent is excluded from the duel."
While the damage value for Spacial Rend to result in a tie is 120, a battling style that utilizes changes in damage values through things like special conditions and plates is also possible.
>>
>[EX} Deoxys- Attack Forme
-Changed the effects of Time Slip
-Changed the stars for Time slip (2->3)
>[EX} Deoxys- Attack Forme is a figure specializing in Attack power, and it has extremely high capabilities when you combine its Reflective Laser Ability with the effects of the plate Cosmo Energy. However, particularly in decks using multiple [EX] Deoxys, duels tend to last longer than desired, with many cases of neither player being able to achieve a breakthrough.
To address this circumstance, we have increased the stars for the Time SLip Attack to reduce the frequency of ties, and added "this Pokemon gains Wait 3" to the effect so that duels do not get unnecessarily drawn out.

>[R] Cosmo Energy
-The area subject to the effect has been changed from "field or bench" to "field"
We've changed the scope of the Deoxys subject to being switched with the Cosmo Energy plate from "on the field or bench" to "on the field."
A range of countermeasures have emerged against decks using Cosmo Energy. However, particularly against decks using multiple copies of [EX} Deoxys- Speed Forme, we have observed a deviation in win rate based on whether a player goes first or second (despite there being some effective countermeasures such as the Long Throw Plate, [EX] Torterra, and [EX] Empoleon.
Now, using the adjustment to [EX} Deoxys- Attack Forme as an opportunity, we've made it necessary to be crafty in the timing of when to use the Cosmo Energy plate, in hopes that each player will be able to enjoy fairer duels.
>>
> [EX] Empoleon
-Changed Metal CLaw 40 to Ice Beam 70 and increased its wheel piece size
-Changed Hydro Pump 70 to Hydro Pump 90
-Changed one Miss location to Dodge
As a figure for high-level players, [EX] Empoleon, in addition to being able to oppose entry blockades with its Diving Entry Ability, enables a battling style that tries to lure the opponent into blockading to try to get a surround. However, in terms of its battling abiliuty, it was in a spot where it was tough for it to cope with high-firepower Pokemon.
Now we have strengthened [EX] Empoleon by increasing the damage value of Hydro Pump and adding the new Attack, Ice Beam, which can leave the opponent frozen if [EX] Empoleon is knocked out.
>>
>[EX] Rayquaza, [EX] Groudon
-Added the Primal Rage Ability
We have added a new Ability to [EX] Rayquaza, [EX] Groudon, and [EX] Kyogre, Primal Rage, which says: "If the opponent has Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza on the field, this Pokemon gets MP +1 and does +20 damage."
While these three figures are each highly capable, they have the capability to overwhelm other figures when their Ability is active.
When either player's Pokemon with the Primal Rage Ability have all left the field, then the capabilities of the remaining figures with Primal Rage return to normal. With this change, whether to defeat the opponent's Pokemon and have one's figure with figure with Primal Rage return to normal, or whether to utilize the active Ability to favorably progress in the duel, depends on the strategy of the player in question.

>[EX] Kyogre
-Added the Primal Rage Ability
-Changed Water Pulse to Break Energy and decreased its wheel piece size
-Added to the wheel piece size of Tidal Wave
-Changed Hydro Pump 120 to Hydro Pump 130 and decreased its wheel piece size
-Added Dodge
[EX] Kyogre is a figure that was offered as an event reward in the past. At present, it does not drop from Time Boosters and cannot be obtained in Material Exchange. However, we have strengthened its capabilities before it has a chance to once again appear as an event reward.
Its more likely that the Primal Rage Ability wil activate, along with the Break Energy Attack, as both players use [EX] Rayquaza, [EX] Groudon, and [EX] Kyogre.
>>
>[R] Reuniclus
-Changed the effect of the Psychic Net Ability
In addition to its highly damaging and excellent special condition-inducing Attacks, due to the effect of [R] Reuniclus' Ability, the influence of chance could be minimized in battles by including multiple copies of it in your deck. Thus, while it was an optimal figure for players still inexperienced in duels who were looking to master winning strategies, there was a serious issue in that respins were complicating each battle, leading the long, drawn-out duels.
Now, by changing the activation of the Psychic Net Ability to happen only during Attacks from [R] Reuniclus's side, we've lessed the merits of defensive strategies, and by changing it so that Reuniclus on the bench do not count toward the number of respins, we've tried to make duels more enjoyable for both players.

[UC] Duosion, [UC] Solosis
-Changed the effects of the Dual Brains Ability
The Dual Brains Ability, which both [UC] Duosion and [UC] Solosis both have, has an effect that enhances damage if there is an adjacent Duosion or Solosis, but Reuniclus did not previously count toward activating the Ability.
Now, by changing the effect of the Ability to include Reuniclus in the condition that activates the Ability, we hope players will be able to enjoy even more variations of evolutions decks.
>>
> [R] Shiftry
-Changed Razor Wind 60 to Razor Wind 70
-Changed Pound 40 to Pound 50
We have further increased [R] Shiftry's damage values to make it easier to utilize its Cut Off Ability.

>[UC] Nuzleaf
-Changed Feint Attack 30 to Feint Attack 40
We've slightly increased this damage value to increase its likelihood of evolving into [R] Shiftry without being defeated by another figure.

>[UC] Psyduck
-Changed Scratch 30 to Water Pulse 60
-Increased the wheel piece size of Disable
We've strengthened its damage values to increase the value of its Migraine Ability, which can force the opponent to respin a Purple Attack.

>[UC] Kabuto
-Changed Scratch 30 to Mud Shot 40 and decreased its wheel piece size
-Added Aqua Jet
-Increased the wheel piece size of Protect
-Decreased the piece wheel size of Miss
While maintinaing [UC] Kabuto's characteristic of being suited for defense, we've added an attack to further strengthen that characteristic in order to strengthen Kabuto.

>[R] Flame Energy
-Added a Wait effect that triggers when its used
We've added an effect that inflicts Wait 3 on all of the opponent's burned Pokemon when you use Flame Energy. This is an effect similar to the Tropical Energy plate-induced effect that removes special conditions.
The number of turns the opponent's Pokemon must wait does down when your turn ends after you use the plate, so, practically speaking, the wait effect lasts two turns. However, you may be able to aim for a "wait win" by inflicting the burned condition on multiple Pokemon.
We forsee [R] Flame Energy being utilized as a trump card in Fire-type decks.
>>
Is getting my 3rd Gyarados worth spending gems on? Im at 45 wins

Also, do we have a count down link?
>>
>>32398139
Yes, since buff trends point to an upcoming water gym
>>
>wait 3 on deo-a
>can't rush with deo-s
I use both of these in my team and I'm so fucking happy.
Duel is saved.
>>
File: 1383830953256.png (552KB, 612x604px) Image search: [Google]
1383830953256.png
552KB, 612x604px
>All of these Deoxys nerfs come just as I buy my second Deo-S.

Should've bought a Deo-A with my Material instead...

But we'll have to see if this really effects Deoxys when it hits. I personally think that it will still be top tier, the only thing that will have to change is the amount of Deo-A's you'll have to run and some Plate changes (ones that can swap a Pokemon with one in the bench will see use due to Time Slip's effects).
>>
File: water.jpg (243KB, 1327x1000px) Image search: [Google]
water.jpg
243KB, 1327x1000px
>>32397940
While the Deoxys/Reuniclus news is obviously the most important, does anyone else see a problem with the other changes?

130 is now considered an acceptable amount of damage for 2MP Pokemon instead of it just being a Deoxys-A gimmick.
We now have Dialga and Groudon now also hit for 130.
We now have Rayquaza with 2MP and a 140(!) gold.
Kyogre can hit for fucking 150 plus another 20 for each fucking Manaphy.
Manaphy also boosts Palkia to 140.
All these figures don't have Dimensional Slip and instead have VERY GOOD other attacks like Fly, Breaks, Dialga's new shit, and fucking pic related's god damn Purple.

Things honestly look pretty fucked right now. Deoxys/Reuniclus were strong, but their wheels were still manageable overall once you got rid of the respinning through Metagross or Tropical. The new Grass Pokemon had non-creeped ways of dealing with them. Sceptile could only hit for 140 off a lucky spin, for example, and Grass Knot is an extremely balanced move. But this is just an insane push. Can't wait to see what Kabutops and Golduck do to the game.
>>
>pulled Dialga two days ago from a freebie
>man this seems kinda shit
>buffed

I kinda want to try it now.
>>
>>32398283
You're assuming both players will be running anything with Primal Rage, so it is in a sense still a gimmick. Plus, they actively need each other's Primal Rage figures on the field to actually take effect, which the devs point out coyishly
It's essentially the same problem with Keldeo, a figure that's dependent on what your opponent has will not be worth the slot in the long run.
Mew can block Fug and Kyogre pretty effectively, depending on how big they make Tidal Wave for Kyogre and how many Manaphy are paired with it.
Groudon, Dialga, and Palkia are Purple bait
>>
>>32398332
Sorry, I misread it and thought Primal Rage triggered off your own Pokemon.
Unlike Keldeo, though, Kyogre and Rayquaza are still solid figures in their own right.
But even despite that, these numbers are still high even before Manaphy. This patch can easily be described as creep.

>Mew can block Fug and Kyogre pretty effectively
>Groudon, Dialga, and Palkia are Purple bait
Deoxys had the same problems after Metagross was on the field but it still got nerfed
Sure, there was Cosmo Energy, but plenty of decks just ran Deoxys-A as an attacker anyways.
>>
File: 1473286508599.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1473286508599.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
>Wake up
>Deoxys and Reuniclus nerfed

Most buffs aren't that great but wtf i love duels now
>>
File: Screenshot_20170425-203837.png (974KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170425-203837.png
974KB, 1440x2560px
Tfw you won't have a manaphy for the next gym

The empire on buffs seem pretty mediocre compared to the others
>>
>had really luck and pull a lot of deoxys from league boosters and gym in the last week
>with the grass counters they arent that good but still ok
>nerf hits
Holy shit, i thought i had luck but it only lasted one week, at least i didnt use money to get them
>>
This dude was pretty obnoxious to fight
>>
>>32398426
Deoxys-A as an attacker in a non-Cosmo deck is still good.
>52% 130 attack with no drawbacks
>Can still force respins and fewer people will be running Metagross/Tropical
And Deoxys-S is untouched despite being one of, if not THE best runners in the game even without Cosmo Energy.
>>
>>32398434
Now that Cosmo energy works only on the field Deoxys-S can't rush and switch into Deoxys A when attacked at least.
>>
>>32398440
>even without Cosmo Energy
It's a great figure, especially when you run multiple. It threatens home on turn 1, can take the entry points pretty much for free, can move from the bench to your home in one turn, etc.
>>
>>32397869
I'd already quit and uninstalled because they took so long to do it that I assumed they werent going to

but 'm-muh gacha law forbids it!' shitters B T F O
>>
>>32398430
How this deck works?

I use weezings and tentacools and I like it.
>>
Has anyone every trying walking past the goal? Do your figure stop moving and make you win or do you just walk through it?
>>
>>32398555
you just keep going over and it doesnt count as a win
>>
Really don't know about primal rage but I'll keep an open mind

Glad to see Deoxys and Reun nerfed though. Will probably have to get rid of the Deo-A in my dark energy deck but I'd rather have the meta be healthy than one of my teammates to be strong

Also
>The absolute state of Giratina
>>
>>32398567
what is the reuniclus nerf?
>>
>>32398574
Psychic Net lite nerf
>>
>>32398283
Primal rage is a very gimmicky ability and honestly 1mp Groudon and Kyogre are pretty lame even with the buffs, Rayquaza is a more consistent figure due to a 120 big gold and fly, but primal rage also affects the opponent, so it balances things out anyway.

Dialga and Palkia still suffer from their super shitty ability which is way worse than Reshiram and Zekrom's, so their new raw power while good isn't broken.

Also none of them have reflective laser, the true cancer of Deoxys A since every single time it would job it'd make you spin again and save himself.
>>
Who should I use my EX cube on?

Mew
Sceptile
Moltres

?
>>
File: 1490840672050.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1490840672050.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>32397869
BASED
A
S
E
D

Leddit whales on fucking suicide watch
>>
>>32398648
Zapdos
>>
>Have a good grass gym team and manage to get most rewards
>This is the only time EX cubes aren't avaible

Thanks
>>
>>32398698
don't have it
>>
>>32398007
Kyogres description pretty much confirms the next Gym will be Water
>>
>Flygon is gone in the next booster update
Fuck me, my Vibrava would appreciate one
>>
Reminder that there's already been a Water gym and the next gym will be Ghost/Dark because the devs know how much you love super Shuppet
>>
>>32398716
>Implying it won't be a carnival
>>
>>32398758
If Dark is paired with Ghost, that will leave Bug out in the lurch. Bugbot deserves better. We need Dark/Bug gym
>>
Finally made it to masters, just in time for the game to be saved
>>
>>32398716
or they throw Gyarados at you in a Grass gym
>>
>>32397974
Finally, no more annoying Deo S rushes hiding behind a Cosmo plate
>>
>>32397869
Classes.
>>
> be me
> running 2c's, 2 uc's and a r against a 4 ex team
> get lucky
> i have his entries covered and he has a chesnaught on his goal.
> move my r pikachu up to close in one side
> getting feels
> completely forget about his hurdle jump.
> next move will surround his chesnaught
> his crobat hurdles my kabuto and ends game.

Can i borrow some rope?
>>
>>32398648
mew is a fantastic rusher, power up the cat
>>
>>32398057

INCOMING GOLDUCK EX
>>
>>32399153
golduck R maybe
>>
you know what the best thing about these nerfs is?

I can finally try new shit!
>>
File: FOOT LONG DONG.png (25KB, 130x170px) Image search: [Google]
FOOT LONG DONG.png
25KB, 130x170px
>Water gym
>mfw I have 2 Gyarados from the gym, 3 Greninja, 3 Manaphy, Blastoise, and an Empoleon
And if it's opposition Electric, then we'll also have 120 dmg Zapdos, which should be hilarious.
>>
>>32399141
Should I power up Hypersonic or Psychic?
>>
>>32399208
hypersonic
>>
who /nevergottouseafulldeoxysdeck/ here?
>>
>>32398503
There is no such thing as "gacha law" , it's a stupid reddit myth people love to parrot for some reason

Probably to justify their own poor spending habits or something
>>
>>32399229
Then what's with previous nerfs being indirect?
>>
>>32399259
They don't like nerfing figs that people may have spent money on, such as Deoxys, so they tried nerfing it indirectly. Didn't take, so here we are.
>>
So how do you guys think this is going to afect the game in the long term. Will whales still spend all that money knowing the figures can be nerfed if they are too good.
>>
>>32399274
>spending money
for what reasons
>>
how many battles do i need to lose before BugBot™ appears?
>>
>>32399384
>>
File: duellawsuit.png (480KB, 780x508px) Image search: [Google]
duellawsuit.png
480KB, 780x508px
>>32397869
Fuck this shit. They can't get away with nerfing Deo players like this and not compensating us. I spent my entire college fund getting a team of 6 deoxys so I could join the N-Clan and top the leaderboards and now this shit? Nah, fuck that, let's see how Nintendo likes getting sued. Just sent this in to Japan's federal court. Gonna hire OJ's lawyer too. No way they're getting away with this.
>>
>>32399259
Because they wanted people to keep spending gems in hopes of rolling the over powered figures. It's gambling 101.

Once all the whales got what they wanted and gem sales started to drop (because why keep buying when you already have the best deck in the game) it was time for them to roll out the nerfs and introduce new figures at the same time.
>>
>>32399286
>Will whales still spend all that money
Of course

If you're willing to spend that much money on a shitty children figure board game chances are you're addicted and wont drop the game so easily despite the empty threats
>>
>>32399434
>section 69
even the captcha had 69
>>
HOLY CRAP, who here scared the next figures are going to be even more broken than the deos?
>>
Honestly i'm pretty pissed off. I crafted 3 Reuniclus and leveled them up to Lvl5 and Clvl1 and now I have to start from 0 now because I only kept my Deo+Reun deck and crafted everything to XP or gold
>>
>>32399493

Golduck Ex? more like GODuck EX
>>
>>32399496
You should take this opportunity to kill yourself
>>
>>32399496
>crafting 3 reuni
>yfw crafted one and the game proceeded to give me 4 in boosters
it also gave me deoxys-a
i think that was foreshadowing of the nerf
>>
>>32399496
>crafting Reuniclus
>making a Deo+Reun deck
>not expecting a solid nerf when they've been indirectly nerfing it for a while and it hasn't stuck
Well there's your problem.
>>
File: 1475690672007.jpg (142KB, 394x504px) Image search: [Google]
1475690672007.jpg
142KB, 394x504px
>>32399204
>120 dmg Zapdos

oh shit
>>
>Win 4 League Matches in a row
Guess I'm not beating this special mission. Shit's nearly impossible
>>
>>32399744
Its possible if you put your mind to it and have some luck
>>
>>32399744
Read it again, you only have to win 4 period. The mission for in a row is 3
>>
>>32399750
Fat Fingered, meant 3.
>>
>>32399493
Sceptile is already the pat on the back for whales, whey do you think they make an archetype to "counter" Deoxys and Reuniclus and only then nerf them? Because they wanted whales to buy them so they won't be mad when the older toy gets broken.
>>
Damn they were 10, 25 and 20 gems respectively.
>>
>Opponent can't do anything to prevent you to get the goal expect to attack and KO you with a +30 magikarp

Luckily Grovyle didn't job
>>
>>32398758
I'm willing to bet that since they already used fighting, ghost will be paired with normal, so the remaining gyms will be
ghost/normal or normal/ghost
dark/bug
rock/steel
>mfw Aron in the rock/steel gym with 3mp big bite
>>
>>32399999
quints confirm
>>
I think i'm moist
>>
Am I to understand that the gym ends tonight at midnight?
>>
>>32400170
If you're on CST, I believe so.
>>
>>32398567
Giratina will get a buff when ghost gym happens
>>
>Stuck sub-2000 in yellow tier for days
>Suddenly win ten games in a row and get to masters
>Didn't change team or plates
What happened
>>
>>32400269
people are abandoning new teams becuause buffs and nerfs
>>
>>32400280
This happened yesterday before the news post went up though. I just don't get it. Maybe I was just on an unlucky streak before and my luck swung back around
>>
>>32400295
>>32400269
No idea too, I just had like 10 wins in a row, I literally never lost all day in league.
Meanwhile for the past two days I was pretty terrible.
>>
>be F2P
>get a third reuniclus from boosters the moment the nerfs were announced
YOU WERE TOO FUCKING LATE RNGESUS
FUCKING WHY
THE SUFFERING NEVER ENDS

on a side note i wonder how many whales left after the announcement
>>
>>32400503
Reuniclus is still good to some extent, you just can't rush like a fucking cunt against Mew anymore since you need to set all them up first.
They're still great defensive pieces.
>>
File: 1490196898091.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490196898091.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>gym match
>duel going pretty smoothly in my favor
>suddenly lose sceptile due to misplay
>me and the opponent keep flip floping for a couple dozen of turns without accomplishing much
>20 seconds left on clock, he has the time advantage
>fuck it, smash that AI button
>the madman actually pulls it through with 2 seconds to spare
I had the smuggest fucking grin
>>
>>32400553
>Can't respin when attacked
How are they any good defensively anymore? I thought that was the point of the nerf, to stop people playing turtling with it.
>>
>>32400577
Oh wow, I only thought they made the respins field only. Then rest in rip Reuniclus.
>>
File: wuuuuuuuut.gif (680KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
wuuuuuuuut.gif
680KB, 245x180px
>tfw Gothitelle switches places with your goalie for the win.

Im loving this.
>>
>>32399286
It's bad for business if they don't buy anything besides Deos, the nerf was inevitable
>>
>>32400553
>>32400589
100/120/3* i assume still is salvageable
>>
File: IMG_1623.png (246KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1623.png
246KB, 600x455px
>tfw you still beat deo scrubs even before the nerfs
>>
So now that we all have gyarados which attack are you guys expanding? Would love to hear some thoughts.
>>
>>32401153
The miss
>>
>>32399496
I crafted 2 reun to go with one i opened and theyre all LV 5 and CLv 1 and I still welcome the nerfs

Was boring when you win and when you lose you feel like shit because it was 100% luck that you didnt roll hyperbeam/confuse ray when you needed to, and the mirror match was cancer.
The deck was already pretty bad with the Tropical plates anyway, i didnt lose to a single reun deck in the grass gym
>>
>>32400577
>>32400589
They did both, hes dead
"Now, by changing the activation of the '''Psychic Net Ability to happen only during Attacks from [R] Reuniclus's side''', we've lessed the merits of defensive strategies, and by changing it so that '''Reuniclus on the bench do not count toward the number of respins''', we've tried to make duels more enjoyable for both players."
>>
>>32401153
Hyper Beam. Storm makes you Mew bait
>>
>>32401441
Gyarados is already mew bait since you cant actually knock it out unless mew jobs
>>
>last Gym Booster before I quit the Gym
>orange glow
>Luxray
>check it out in case the next Gym is Water
>that fucking wheel
What a piece of trash, holy shit
>>
>>32401475
Yes but increasing Storm makes it more likely for Mew to knock you out rather than just causing a stalemate.
>>
>>32401403
With two Reun defenders you still have a Rare figure that will spin over 100 a majority of the time, a 3 star purple, 20 to 15% miss. And you get re-spin on the offensive for after you lock down the board.

Even with nerfs it's a top rare figure and better than most EXs, but you actually gotta play them with strategy in mind instead of turning on the AI tickets.
>>
>>32401403
They were stupidly broken before, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. I never really had a problem with Deo-A.
>>
I just fought a guy with two Greninja who kept jobbing over and over against phantump, they got killed a bunch of time. This is why I don't use my frogjobber.
>>
I'm thinking of making a water deck based on the Palkia buff. What should I level up for Manaphy? I'm kind of hesitant on increasing its purple because of Mews
>>
>>32401855
Who the fuck is Palkia going to be tying at 140
>>
>>32401887

if it gets poisoned or burned it becomes a bigger threat to more common stuff, like if it had guts but scarier
>>
>>32401491
>>32401855
Can someone explain this Mew meme to me? Is it our version of "dies to removal"?
>>
>>32402100
Mew is the single best runner in the game. Hyper Sonic makes it immune to 100+ and kills purple attackers. Any fig without a <100 move is Mew bait, because it can't beat Hyper Sonic. That's not saying it's a bad figure, but it is something to be considered - if Mew can stonewall this figure, then you don't want to make it more likely to outright lose.
>>
>draw Palkia from booster 2 days ago
>garbage figure gets turned to xp
>wake up to palkia buff

are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>32402128
I know full well about Mew, I'm trying to say you're a fucking retard for thinking a single 3MP Pokemon that's rarely - if ever - run in multiples is going to magically unsheath its Hyper Sonic and teleport behind your Manaphy across the board every duel without question or problem.

Every time any figure with even the tiniest sliver of purple is ever even remotely mentioned, the words "Mew Bait" pop up. You think you'd fucking learn after two decades of dies to removal.
>>
>>32402164
Box slots cost a single gem each. EX Pokemon give as much XP as a rare metal. I can't think of any possible reason why you'd turn literally any EX into XP. Congrats on learning a lesson on something that was obvious to everyone else.
>>
>>32402167
We're talking in reference to Gyarados, a figure with a purple and a 110 attack. Of course we're going to reference Mew.

Also, Mew has 3 MP and is run in nearly every deck for the sheer power of a gold attack that ties 100-dmg attacks. Planning around it is smart.
>>
File: brorogan.png (26KB, 124x109px) Image search: [Google]
brorogan.png
26KB, 124x109px
>>32402164
gitgud
>>
>>32402186
Mew is one (1) figure. You're allowed to run a full six figures in a team. The game board is big enough to support four separate lanes. Mew is a 3MP figure that's generally one of the first to hit the board.

Now, putting all this information together, can you think of how you can avoid engaging a Mew with any given figure? Or do you think there's a plate that just automatically picks up Mew and moves it to the opposite side of the board to specifically fuck up your Gyarados?
>>
File: 1491005046291.jpg (227KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1491005046291.jpg
227KB, 600x450px
>>32402164
>not keeping one of each figure
>>
>>32402164

100% your fault for getting rid of an EX
>>
>raikou in game
>fire gym passes without entei
>all these water buffs
S-suicune is coming, r-right?
>>
>On the climb to 3k/top 1200
>Every match I get is a 2600 player trying to rush me and get early game cheese

Wow I'm really enjoying Pokemon Cardiac Arrest Duel
>>
>>32402225
I'm not the person you're arguing with, but did you consider that the other 5 members of your team would also have attacks that are over 100 damage?
Some of the best figures in the game have 100+ damage attacks (Zapdos, Ho-oh, Deo A, Reun, Moltres, Heatran, Yvetal, Verizon, Reshiram, Zekrom, Rhyperior, Trevanent, Metagross, etc)
These are currently meta and if you're figures arent able to stand up to them your team will be bad, and if they are below 100 they probably rely on thier purple, and will therefore lose to Mew.

Im not saying Mew is OP, but its easily the best runner
>>
How do I deal with runners? They're so risky to attack and it's annoying. I do know Zapdos and Mew are counters, but I don't have Zapdos and Mew either jobs to death or lands an undesirable segment.
>>
>>32402934
What's your team?
>>
>>32402934
what are you talking about
neither of them are counters to any runners
>>
>>32403001
Zekrom, Reshiram, Magikarp/Gyarados, Lucario, Grovyle, (either Mew, Shuppet, Magmortar, Glaceon, or Leafeon)

>>32403057
Then what are?
>>
>>32402934
Vibrava
>>
>>32403105
>Then what are?

theres no 'counters every runner' figure
you literally just block them off with your zapdos or whatever
you're not meant to be attacking into them until its safe, not 'countering' them
>>
Should I buy a Manaphy for the (rumored) next gym?
>>
>>32403253
How about you just hold your horses until it's confirmed so you don't do something stupid
>>
>>32403253
There's no reason to buy anything before whatever is coming is confirmed. Mat shop never removes figures.
>>
>>32403253
Dont make me kiss you nicca
>>
>>32403253
>Spending mats on figures for 2 week long gyms
>>
File: IMG_0609.png (309KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0609.png
309KB, 750x1334px
So how long has the trophies for rank been like this? I took a hiatus so my only gym was the flying gym.

I had to work my ass off against triple burb combo decks for a bronze trophy in the top 1000. I feel you'd have to try to lose to not get the silver trophy
>>
>>32403328
Since post Fighting gym, when the devs realized the playerbase was too big for that to work
>>
>>32403342
>>32403328
And because of upped energy costs.
>>
>>32403342
Huh to bad I didn't pop in for a single battle and a free trophy. Also the user base is actually pretty damn impressive in size, caught me off a guard a little to see
>>
>>32402934
Invest in a Zapdos, it's a seriously good figure if you level Thunder Crash and CL it to a suitable amount.
If you can't, try Vibrava. Grovyle and Mew seem to be the only things worth using right now, especially Sceptile.
>>
When exactly is the update dropping? Like how many hours until maintenance
>>
File: Deo Nerfs.png (39KB, 900x828px) Image search: [Google]
Deo Nerfs.png
39KB, 900x828px
Have some shitty OC to use as an OP image

Shoutouts to anyone who gets what this parodies
>>
>>32403747
Less than an hour until maintenance starts.
>>
File: whales btfo.png (698KB, 480x697px) Image search: [Google]
whales btfo.png
698KB, 480x697px
>>
New thread
>>32403781
New thread
>>32403781
New thread
>>32403781
New thread
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.