[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 37

File: pic_related.png (235KB, 437x441px) Image search: [Google]
pic_related.png
235KB, 437x441px
Discord: https://discord.gg/HfWa4Dg
IRC: irc.rizon.net #romhacking

Rom hacking
>Notable romhacks: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Making a romhack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP
>Gen 4-6 hack tools: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Disassemblies: https://github.com/pret/pokered https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal https://github.com/pret/pokeruby

RMXP/Essentials
>Engine: http://pastebin.com/G5PdvaGD
>Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Essentials_Wiki
>Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
>WIP Gen 5 tiles: http://imgur.com/a/CiudS

Places to share fangames:
>http://www.pokecommunity.com/
>http://reliccastle.com/forums/
>>
File: check yourself.jpg (19KB, 300x294px) Image search: [Google]
check yourself.jpg
19KB, 300x294px
Now those are some trips
>>
File: IMG_20170303_110857.jpg (57KB, 1080x1079px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170303_110857.jpg
57KB, 1080x1079px
https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/silph-co

Finished!
>>
____ ______ ___
>>
>>31966459
I'll have a shiny Riolu with 30 IVs in attack
>>
Is this a BoBo reference?
>>
>>31968319

it is actually a JoJoJo-Jo Jo-JoJo reference
>>
>>31966000
Holy shit I havent watched this shit since like 2010
>>
Hi everybody!

Sorry I've been absent. I was put in the hospital for a long time. A virus is inside my heart. I'm recovering, and hopefully I can get back to work on Indigo soon.

Hope everyone is doing well.
>>
BINBIN MACHO DE
>>
This thread doesn't seem very related to hacking or Essentials. Though, it's not like I have anything to show to change that.
>>
>>31970641
Dang, sorry to hear that.
Hope you get well soon.
>>
>>31971158
How would a massive city like Castelia and Lumiose work in pre 3D essentials?
I'm the UK guy and I'm doing Whitecrown aka London. I'm centering it on Trafalgar Square and spreading out from there.
I want to have pretty much everything London has to offer, but how would it work?
>>
>>31970883
>>31970641
>>31971158
Rate my idea
In my project, there is but one fishing rod-the Super rod.
I'm introducing a new class of items called Bait that you attach to your rod to catch specific types or A specific pokemon.
So, without using bait, the rod works like Old Rod. But when you buy baits like the Large Bait, you can catch Gyarados and other strong pokemon. Or you can buy or find a bait that Seadra loves and use it to attract only Seadra or Horsea. I think its funner and more immersive than traditional fishing.
>>
>>31971928
It's pretty interesting.
Could really make fishing interesting
>>
>>31971578
You'd have to think outside the box with that one. There's ways of getting a feel of different viewpoints and perspective, but there's no go-to way of doing so. I suggest looking at Gameboy advance era games that played with depth and parallax to create the illusion of 3D
>>
File: this is why flash is good.png (578KB, 1116x1100px) Image search: [Google]
this is why flash is good.png
578KB, 1116x1100px
So rate my hack idea:

Evil group shows up in small village. Just like, 3 dudes and a bitch and the boss. No gruntlings, just 5 capable trainers. The boss is planning on using the Regis to terraform the Earth as a form of terrorism. You encounter him 3 individual times where he demonstrates the Regis' abilities to fuck shit up (Regirock is kinda obvious, Steel will probably just destroy shit, not create it, and Ice will freeze an entire water route). At the third encounter he decides he's tired of running and you finally battle him. Some where along the lines you battle his minions. SO ANYWAY he goes away for awhile unless you're some faggot that literally can't beat him how are you so bad at Pokemon and comes back as you try to enter the 8th gym and fucks shit up via Jirachi (not sure how to incorporate that yet). Suggestions?
>>
Spice work on Gaia
>>
Bumo
>>
Guys, I have a problem with Pokemon Light platinum on VBA 1.8.0
I put the flash to 128k and shit and I still get the white screen. Any ideas how to fix that? Tried both patching a rom and the prepatched.
>>
>>31971928
Really nice idea.
I might try to copy it for my game.
>>
File: PERSPECTIVE.png (809KB, 2248x3264px) Image search: [Google]
PERSPECTIVE.png
809KB, 2248x3264px
>>31971578
There's always Perspective mode in essentials, which makes it look something like this.
It's subtle, but it can look nice. Combined with Parallax you might be able to achieve something similar to Castelia.
Problem is that it's bugged and makes it disregard tiles priority, but some fangames have apparently managed to fix it,
>>
File: perpective-tileprioritypng.png (365KB, 2278x1557px) Image search: [Google]
perpective-tileprioritypng.png
365KB, 2278x1557px
>>31974765
>Problem is that it's bugged and makes it disregard tiles priority, but some fangames have apparently managed to fix it,

Funnily enough, I think I just randomly fixed this while messing with it.
I changed line 356 in Tilemap_perspective from
sprite.z = (i * 32)
to
sprite.z = (i * 128)

Seems to have fixed it, but I have no idea why. It will probably cause some unwanted side effects, as it always does, but it's a step in the right direction. Can someone more familiar with the tilemap script explain what I just did?
>>
>>31974658
You'd better give me credit. My name is Mr.Ass. They called me Mr.Ass.
>>
>>31975527
Good afternoon, Mr.Ass.
>>
File: desert_pod_area.jpg (125KB, 530x318px) Image search: [Google]
desert_pod_area.jpg
125KB, 530x318px
>>31974905
I like it even though the left building is all fucked up.
So, I guess having a perspective like pic related is out of the question?
The power plant would be Windsor Castle as seen from the long walk.
>>31975590
Howdy doody
>>
File: windsor-462963.jpg (53KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
windsor-462963.jpg
53KB, 590x350px
>>31975791
Like this.
>>
>>31975791
Yeah, you can mess with the angles a bit, but it would probably look weird unless you really know what you're doing.

That's actually what I was trying to do when I accidentally fixed the tiles priority glitch, but the script is pretty hard to follow. It's kind of hard to figure out what does what.

Something like in your pic would be easier to fake using parralax probably.
>>
>>31971928
Make bait cheap, obviously. I'm not keen on single species-exclusive items in general, but that's just my opinion.

You could also place bait in floating traps - this would be the water equivalent of Honey on trees.
>>
>>31976985
Wayyyy ahead of ya haus
Baits are sold at stores, but they can also be scavenged on shores, ponds, etc.
Small baits and Medium Baits are found almosy ubiquitously, but it's best to buy them. You can buy them in bulk for low prices. Hell, you can even get sponsored by the store and he'll send you weekly supplies of bait. You can only scavenge a few baits around areas near water.
>Small Bait attracts weaker pokemon as Old Rod would such as Magikarp, Feebas , and Tentacool
>Medium Bait attracts mid level pokemon around 16-25 as Good Rod would like Basculin, Magikarp, Horsea, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, etc.
>Large Bait attracts strong pokemon as Super Rod would such as Gyarados, Wailord, etc.
Specific baits are sold or found that attract only a specific species of pokemon.
Bait Boxes are sold as well. They come in Small and Large. They have to be filled with bait.They are used for catching pokemon on the seafloor/lake bed.
Small boxes catch Corphish, Staryu, Krabby, etc.
Large boxes catch Kingler, Crawdaunt, Mareanie, etc.
Bait boxes are set like Honey as you said.
They are checked the next day.
>>
>>31978587
Shit this sounds nice as fuck. We should have this in the official games.
>>
File: IMG_20170131_142536.jpg (69KB, 637x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170131_142536.jpg
69KB, 637x480px
Triple/Rotation battles?
>>
Bumping with my updated Pokecall plans.
>The Pokeflute was reinvented to call wild pokemon to accomplish different tasks.
>HMs are removed.
>Instead, with the Pokecall, you learn different songs that play a melody which attracts a wild pokemon that'll perform HM functions.
>You first get the Pokecall from a lazy farm worker named Piper (Pied Piper reference) who then teaches you the Work Song.
>When you first learn a song, you must complete a little repetition mini game where you have to correctly match the notes like the Clefairy mini game is Pokemon Stadium. (Yeah, I'm old af.)
>The Sky Song, Water Song, and the Work Song are the three songs available.
>Playing the Sky Song calls a Flying pokemon to Fly
>The Water Song can only call a water Pokemon to use Surf until you learn more verses to use Whirpool and Waterfall
>The Work song calls a pokemon to use Cut at first, but learning more verses allow Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, and Defog. It is the longest song.
>Lol sometimes when you use the Pokecall a pokemon would be annoyed by it and attack you instead.
>Play the beautiful Sky Song
>Expecting a Pidgeot to come Fly you around
>A big ass very pissed off Fearow attacks you
>Use Water Song
>Gyarados appears and Hyper Beams you
It'd make for cool encounters. Alrighty, I'm goingto sleep.
>>
>>31981659
Nice, I was doing something just like this
>>
File: DexArtFromGen4.png (428KB, 800x660px) Image search: [Google]
DexArtFromGen4.png
428KB, 800x660px
This probably won't have much impact on my own project, but I'm still curious. What's /vp/'s ideal dex size for fangames?

https://strawpoll.com/r3r2819
>>
>>31981659
I like it, but the Pokémon attacking you instead when you call it would get annoying really fast.

Maybe it could be of you missed a note or something.
>>
File: des.png (77KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
des.png
77KB, 800x1000px
Check out this hot Amaryllis meme
>>
What is there was a fangame with only triple or rotation battles, kinda like XD/Colosseum and Doubles?
>>
>>31981659
Maybe Defog should be a verse for the Sky Song?
>>
>>31984588
>XD
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>31985348
Get out
>>
>>31983458
Damn that Lemur dude looks great

Does it have good stats?
>>
>>31981659
>>31984804
Soaring would be cool too if you want to add that.
>>
Newfag here, I'm thinking about starting a romhack but I'm not sure what base to start with. I'm thinking either FireRed or a Gen V game.
Also debating if I want to make a game from scratch or just tweak the existing game.
Any help/thoughts/recommendations for tools?
>>
>>31987177
Gen 3 (FireRed and Emerald specifically) are the easiest games to work with. Gen 4 and 5 are very hard to work with by comparison due to most of the hacking scene being uninterested in those generations.
>>
>>31987354
I guess I'll start with FireRed and if I get experienced enough I'll work on B/W or B2/W2.
I want to expand the dex to include pokemon added after Gen 1 but are tied to Kanto lines (Crobat, Slowking, etc.).
Also obligatory increased levels & harder gym teams for the challenge.
>>
>>31989263
Is Gen v phenomenon in base Essentials? Rippling water, Flying shadow, rustling grass??
>>
>>31989362
Nah, you have to pull it from klien's essentials bw
>>
>>31989378
Would I have to use his incomplete base?
>>
>>31984804
Good idea.
>>31983313
That only happens like 25% of the time. Usually the pokemon that are annoyed by the music are very strong. Beedril, Ursaring, Snorlax, etc.
Also, once you learn a song, you don't have to manually play it again.
>Approach smashable rock
>This rock looks breakable.
>"Do you want to use Pokecall?"
>Select Work Song
>*Ocarina of time intensifies*
>Action screen showing Machop
>Rock gets smashed
Or 25% chance of
>Approach smashable rock
>This rock looks breakable.
>"Do you want to use Pokecall?"
>Select Work Song
>*Ocarina of time intensifies*
>Ursaring is angered by the music
>*Wild battle theme intensifies*
Also, just how much coding would this take?
>>
>>31990413
Or just figure out how to make it compatible with the stock version
>>
>>31990582
But if you can't do it how can I?
>>
>>31990843
I have. But the way I did so isn't compatible with stock Essentials.
It's totally possible. You only have to edit some of the code, not a lot of writing.
>>
Super bump
>>
>>31985900
50/65/50/44/44/75 (328)
75/107/65/65/60/112 (495)
>>
>>31971928
But what if you use berries as bait for more fun?
>>
>>31966449
Ugh I might edit some of the drums because they're really loud
>>
h
>>
>>31993534
Sounds less fun t bh
>>
>>31998369
>>31993534
I thought about using berries, but I wanted to keep things new and fresh with a whole new type of item. Baits.
>>
File: Silph Logo.png (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Silph Logo.png
36KB, 1280x720px
>>31966449
>>31994784
Updated this
Better drum levels and added vibraphone for a more elevator feel :^)
>>
>>31999991
Maximum Bossa Nova.
Also, seems like we're the only two in this thread.
>>
>>32002630
Yeah
RIP thread.
>>
>>32002630
I'm here, I'm just not posting since I have nothing to say.
>>
>>31981659
I really dislike this idea.

Basically, it's because it decouples all overworld actions from your Pokémon. HMs weren't only a way to require a balance between battle-worthiness and utility in the overworld; they were also to let you use your Pokémon to overcome obstacles that aren't battles. Cutting down trees with a Scyther promotes a bond between the player and their Pokémon, and makes the game feel less like a generic walk-around-the-world RPG with a Pokémon battle sim thrown in.

I also like HMs because they encourage smarter play, as you need to trade a move that's useful in battle with a move you need to progress. Less blatantly, you also need something of a variety of Pokémon, which between them can actually learn all the HMs you want.

If you turn HMs into items (especially a single item that can do everything, as you want), you lose all that. Pokémon become all but worthless outside of battle, and the player does all the exploring him/herself without any aid from their Pokémon. The bond is not deepened. Summoning some random Pokémon to do the task you could have done with YOUR OWN Pokémon is not the same thing at all. I don't care about random Pokémon. There's an infinite number of them. I do care about MY Pokémon, because I can see their uniquenesses, because I helped them to grow, and because I'll lose my progress if they're all knocked out.

Your specific idea is less convenient than typical HM items, and thus worse, because part of the time you get attacked by a wild Pokémon instead of doing what it is you wanted to do. It's like being confused, and no one likes being confused. MAYBE you can try to mask this inadequacy by making the Pokémon desirable (e.g. strong, rare) or even exclusive, but it won't fool me. These wild battles are in no way "cool" to me.

Not to mention that the Work song, when fully upgraded, sounds like it'll take ages to play. In other words, it'll waste my time. That's not something I want to happen.
>>
>>32003418
First of all, I can already tell I'm not reading this fucking thesis. :^)
So, after jumping to the bottom.....
The new verses are more like upgrades to the original riff-a pretty short riff. And the entire point is removing the need to carry HMs. I think most people would favor a flute riff to be forced to carry a fucking Bibarel.
In other words, this isn't for you.
>>
>>32003459
>>32003540
There's really no need to be so dismissive. I'm not him, but he gave perfectly valid reasons as to why HMs actually have storytelling merit. All you did was tell him he was wrong without giving a valid argument (and no Bibarel is not a valid argument). Personally I'd say the best option would be to simply make new HM moves that don't suck, but your flute thing sounds like a fine idea too though I honestly agree with >>32003418 but that's really just subjective/opinions.
>>
>>32003708
>I'm not him
Why do people post this? How would I know if you were or weren't. This just makes me think (You) are him.
>but your flute thing sounds like a fine idea too though I honestly agree with >>32003418 # but that's really just subjective/opinions.
You sound torn, buddy. At first you said you dislike it, but now you say it's a fine idea.
Also, I have nothing to say to people like (You) the other guy (also you) who still can't wrap your head around people not liking HMs. HMs are gone. Period.
>Personally I'd say the best option would be to simply make new HM moves that don't suck
No, see you're trying to adapt to living with a fucking monkey in your room. Just put the fucker out. Cut the Gordian Knot goddammit.

Simply put, you and anyone else who responds with anything along the lines of keeping HMs are just baiting. This shit ain't knew. Hell, Max is doing something similar to this. You like HMs? Fine. Like em, but don't try to shit on anybody wanting to get rid of em as Sun and Moon fucking did.
>but he gave perfectly valid reasons as to why HMs actually have storytelling merit
He and (You) don't have a damn argument. Not even a valid criticism.
Or is this the typical 4chan complaint?
>I don't like it so it sucks.
If I sound pissy it's because I really hoped you'd have some constructive criticism for me so I can maybe improve upon the Pokecall. But all you have to say is
>>
File: survive_tropic_thunder.gif (2MB, 500x236px) Image search: [Google]
survive_tropic_thunder.gif
2MB, 500x236px
>>31970641
>>
File: tumblr_ml2l83ymIQ1qkdez7o1_250.gif (66KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ml2l83ymIQ1qkdez7o1_250.gif
66KB, 250x250px
i'm interested in getting somebody to sprite my designs. does anybody know good sprite artists? i've hit up a few people on deviant art but they haven't responded.
>>
>>32004772
Curious about your designs
>>
>>32004782
i've got about 53 pokemon designs at this point. i haven't been posting them anywhere online though.

this is one of the first ones i designed. i've posted it here before so i don't mind posting it now. pretty much all the rest of my designs i wanna keep secret until i'm done with the project.

i naturally have a western drawing style but as i've progressed on the project i've gotten better at imitating the way pokemon are drawn. i've done some sprite work in the past (when working on sage) but i'm pretty bad at it, especially from scratch.
>>
File: 1488921990073.png (13KB, 261x131px) Image search: [Google]
1488921990073.png
13KB, 261x131px
Guys im trying to come up with a romhack using ballio and friends as starters. Basically a romhack with a bunch of fake leaked pokemon. Any other mons to use?
>>
>>32006228
Reeee I had that idea first Reeee
>>
>>32006261
Well have any other fake leaked mons i can use?
>>
>>32006228
sadfish
>>
>>32006228
the cute watermelon slice
the sleepy ferret
the long dark type sea slug
the cactus owl
>>
>>32006277
you can use this koala
>>
>>32006228
The lil snowman who holds his own head is good
>>
>>32006394
the watermelon slice is from another pokemon fangame, so it wouldn't really be cool to use it.
>>
>>32006420
I think anything from artleaka is ideal for this romhack.
>>
>>32006228
Somnignon or kys
>>
>>31990533
>Also, just how much coding would this take?
Bumping with this question
>>
How can I play Umbra Moon wtih the no-outlines mod? both use a "0004000000175E00.bin" file
>>
>>32006277
You should make a separate thread about it I'm sure anons would love to find them for you big guy
>>
Bump for never gonna figure out how to plan routes.
>>
File: 30.png (68KB, 374x449px) Image search: [Google]
30.png
68KB, 374x449px
https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/battle-alola-trainer-gbc-8-bit-wip
New WIP. None of SM's soundtrack has converted to GBC that easily, I've noticed. Can't wait until I'm able to take a break from all the Gen 6 and 7 songs and port some sequenced music from Gen 3-5 again instead of having to do things by ear.
>>
>>31966000
Want to get back into romhacking afer years of doing nothing with it, got some ideas for a region design and for some characters, but i just dont know if i can create a hack all by myself

anyway, what would be the best game to hack? gen3 is still the best choice isnt it?
>>
File: horseshit garbage.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
horseshit garbage.png
6KB, 240x160px
Someone please help me with this. I really want to solve it before continuing.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 960x720px
>>32009322
Good stuff
>>
>>32010614
Maybe you shouldnt put grass next to those rock tiles it looks like dogshit
>>
>>31968787
Bobobo is better
>>
>>32003459
>>32003846
Wow, what a response. I can see where you get your name from.

I posted the original post, which you didn't address at all. It's true that it was based on MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION, but it contained some useful information. You're being a little too defensive about a comment that is someone's opinion. You could have politely stated that you accept that some people will disagree with you but you've decided on this path regardless. You may have even tried to explain why you think your All-Purpose Flute is a good idea. Or you could not bother to read a few paragraphs, and instead claim that there was nothing worthwhile in them and insult the author and throw accusations of baiting. One of these is not a mature option.

Here's some (more) constructive criticism for you: scrap the random wild Pokémon attacking you sometimes, and instead convert that idea into a Sweet Scent Song. This removes the random failure of the tasks you wanted to do with the Work Song (I explained why this was a bad thing), and keeps the wild encounters.

Is there any particular reason why the Work Song can do a multitude of HM things, while the Sky/Water Song only do the one HM thing each? There's functionally no difference between a multi-tool Work Song and having separate songs for each HM function, so I'm curious why you chose your approach.
>>
>>32012960
This conversation was over yesterday, guyyyyyy.
>>
>>32014018
Another person here, but your shit attitude means I'll probably get another stupid response, but the idea just sounds tedious.
Remember playing the wind waker every damn time you wanted to shift the wind? It was tedious and was frustrating. Combine that with accessing the bag and going to key items or whatever with essentials laggy and its even that worse.
Now imagine you randomly got some pokemon encounter instead, you'd have to go back, do the bullshit again and theres another chance you could get fucked by RNG.
You might be able to hotkey it to a key or something but I'm not too sure how Essentials code works.
Imagine every time you stopped surfing to get item on a shore you had to re-do all that stuff as well.
It's a fucking awful idea mate. Pokeride you press two buttons and your going.
Any other game you face the water and press a twice. Boom.
Take some criticism mate
>>
>>32014718
Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate
Yes, you can hotkey it. One button. Choose song. Another button. Done. Read the thread.
No, as I said before the song-a short riff plays automatically. Read the thread.
There are three riffs that allow you to accomplish every HM task. Three fucking short riffs. READ THE FUCKING THREAD.
The chance of an encounter due to the Pokecall is very low. And, yet, the reward is high as rare and strong pokemon appear to you. Read the thread.
Multiple people have said they like the idea and not even just in this thread. Max likes it. Read the thread. Your attacks are not very effective.
It's not criticism, jackass. It's your opinion. An opinion that's not at all completely shared with other people. You feel so strongly about this. LOL Don't call it criticism just because you don't like it, fucko. If even one person besides me likes it, then guess what, Fucko? It's going in.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET OFF MY DICK ALREADY.
G'day......mate.
>>
>>32014718
>Now imagine you randomly got some pokemon encounter instead, you'd have to go back, do the bullshit again and theres another chance you could get fucked by RNG.
>Imagine every time you stopped surfing to get item on a shore you had to re-do all that stuff as well.
You have no idea what you're talking about. How do you know how it works? How do you know it doesn't work like that? I haven't even got that deep into it.
What are you basing your bitching on?
I only gave the initial concept. Where are you getting your information?
>Take some criticism mate
Lol fuck off
>>
File: 1466388093200.png (484KB, 574x516px) Image search: [Google]
1466388093200.png
484KB, 574x516px
SHIT GUYS
MAX LIKES IT
hold on let me turn on a trip too boom look at me my opinion now is more important.
also i wasn't kidding when I said I wasn't the other guy, I'm not. Breaking news: more than one person doesn't like your idea.
absolutely nowhere in the original post does it indicate it does it for you except 'first' hidden in one line.nor in the argument wine fest you posted.
If i want to find a rare pokemon, i'll go to a bit of rustling grass or a grotto or whatever mechanic the game has, not play the surf song 400 times to get an angry lapras.
tldr its shit
attempt two at post because trips are gay
>>
Lol Aside from the retards who come here to bitch and moan that someone DARES contribute anything other than shitposting to /heg/, where is everybody else? These threads are not usually this dead.
>>
>>32015025
The fact that its just a proof of concept makes my opinion 10x as valuable.
List me in the credits of your game as Todd Howard because when you correct all the flaws that me and that other guy pointed out you'll actually have half of a decent idea. You're trying to fling shit at me for not understanding stuff you didn't explain. You got a textbook for this garbage? because you're reminding me of my uni teachers not explaning shit in class.
Now fuck off MATE

>>32015035
Meant to reply to
>>32014938
>>
>>32015096
>>32015035
LOL It's so cute that you think you're making a point. Again, don't like it? Fine.
Why do you feel so strongly about it? I don't like pineapples on my pizza but I'm not gonna screech at my brother like a fucking monkey going on and on and ON AND ON AND ON AND ON about why I don't like mixing the salty deliciousness of pizza with the sweet, tartness of pineapple. I just let him do his thing and I go on. Get a fucking clue.
You don't like it? Good. I don't care. Stop replying then. Cause it's starting to sound like you're jealous.
Oh yeah, and I mentioned Max because unlike people like you, he actually knows what the fuck he's talking about. He actually posts and contributes instead of lurking and ragging on anything other than shitposting. I value his opinions more than yours, mister "I failed out of university because my professor can't teach. I'm not a dumbass. My professor is."
>>
>>32015232
The other guy here (the guy who likes your flute idea but prefers HMs)
>Stop replying then. Cause it's starting to sound like you're jealous.
Start following your own advice. Whenever anyone takes the time to give you constructive criticism, you just lash out at them with childish insults. If you aren't going to listen, just don't say anything at all. Also, I'd like to point out that a lot of these "critics" are just trying to help you by telling you how not to screw up. You should show a little respect even if you won't take any advice.
>>
>>32015035
I really like your post :^)
>>
So I'm playing a White Rom atm. How could I add the liberty pass to my key items???
>>
>>32015697
PokeGen
http://archive.pokedit.com/download/pokegen.php
>>
>>32015510
Okay. Final reply to my awesome, super amazing, super creative idea. :^)
Could you, kind stranger, bullet point the constructive criticisms? I'm not even baiting. Reply with a list of constructive criticisms for my idea.
>>
File: 1478805313104.png (618KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
1478805313104.png
618KB, 1024x743px
I third the two anons saying HMs are good and Gen 7's Pokéride is lame. If needed I could put a tripcode on so my opinion can be important too.
>>
>>32015884
What are you working on, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>32015744
Okay here goes.
>the chance of getting attacked by wild pokemon would make many players feel too uncomfortable to use the flute at all
>not using your own mons (ala HMs) makes the bond between the player and pokemon feel less meaningful
That's all, but they're both pretty decent points. Perhaps you could try incorporating the player's party into the flute mechanic somehow (though it really doesn't matter to me if you leave it like it is).
>>
>>32015710
Ok but how would I go about using this to put the Liberty Pass in my rom?
>>
>>32015957
>not using your own mons (ala HMs) makes the bond between the player and pokemon feel less meaningful
I mean, you don't use your own pokemon in Gen.7.
>the chance of getting attacked by wild pokemon would make many players feel too uncomfortable to use the flute at all
This seems to be the common criticism of the Pokecall, but the encounter rate is very low. Maybe I'll lower it from 25% to 20%.
Anyways yeah. I'm done talking about this.
>>32015930
>>32015884
He's not working on anything.
>>
>>32015930
Music for Polished Crystal and Pokémon Orange. >>32009322
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (39KB, 830x680px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
39KB, 830x680px
>>32016089
I don't like the encounters after using HMs either.
Imagine you're bike haveling a chance at attacking you every time you rode it?
>>
>>32015988
Start the game, save, and use PokeGen to edit the save file (probably .sav).
There's an option that lets you add pokemon to your bag.
>>
>>32016162
*There's an option that lets you add items to your bag.
>>
Summarize your Evil team in one sentence.
>Team Xeno
>Team Xeno wants to send all black people and Dark type pokemon back to where they came from.
>>
>>32017341
Team Cross wants to create a paradise by purging the world of evil.
>>
>>32017341
Team Rocket is back, again, except only kind of.
>>
File: omaster.png (331KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
omaster.png
331KB, 500x348px
Okay I know this sounds weird but is there anyway to run volt white / blaze black using a 3ds and copy of white?
>>
File: 76561198024972074.jpg (8KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
76561198024972074.jpg
8KB, 184x184px
>>32017341
The Blue Ribbon is a fragment of an old evil team that I never specify unless you go out of your way to look/notice hints because I'm afraid of making the story seem like cringy fanfiction; they're interested in getting revenge for their loss 3 or so years ago in a gameboy romhack that i've never gone out of my way to release aside from a postgame easter egg .ips file link you can find.

it's a mess
>>
>>32018185
That's technically one sentence but I'm going to have to mark you off for running on.
>>
>>32018097
Sell the copy of white and use the money to buy a flashcart. Otherwise, no, there's no DS equivalent of hans or saltySD, at least not as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>32018185
Lol this long ass sentence.
>>
Lol bump
>>
RIP all assimilance of a thread
>>
Is it edgy if my ET kidnaps your family and holds them in the dungeon as bait to lure you out?
>>
>>32003418
>>32012960
If it matters, I made these two posts. Oh, and >>31976985

>>32014018
I don't respond immediately because I work for a living. The beauty of /vp/ is that threads STAY AROUND for a while, and you can still respond to them. Which I did. Maybe that's too taxing for you and your attention span.

I'm not even going to respond to all the crap you've been saying. You obviously don't want input or civilised conversation.
>>
>>32023121
*yawns* Still?
>>
>>31976985
>>32023121
See? I actually responded to that. You actually improved my bait box concept so thank you.
As for the Pokecall, I saw that your response seemed to be that you liked HMs. That you preferred to keep HMs in which is exactly opposite of the point of the Pokecall.
If you read the thread, you'd know that most criticism of the Pokecall is that there is a small possibility of a wild pokemon attacking you instead of coming to perform the desired job. I have taken that criticism into account. One thing I do not take seriously is childish attacks on someone's idea. It's not constructive. If you don't like it, say so and offer constructive criticisms. Simply telling me it sucks because you prefer HMs is not helpful.
Also, fuck your mother.
>>
How do you go about designing a good region? What are some things that can make or break a region in a game for you?
>>
>>32024079
There's plenty of ways to make a region good, but here's some key pointers:
>If it's based on a real place, keep your scope small so you can include more obscure details (e.g. do a small part of a country instead of a whole country).
>Always include a coastline.
>Have your climate be consistent. Snow routes and deserts do not belong in the same region.
>Keep culture consistent if your region references any real world culture. Blending too many different cultures causes your region to lack its own identity.
>Don't have too many dead end routes (this was Sinnoh's main problem).
>Don't make it a straight line like BW1 Unova.
>A little bit of backtracking is fine, but don't go overboard with it until after the player gets Fly.
>>
File: Lugia-267x300.png (80KB, 267x300px) Image search: [Google]
Lugia-267x300.png
80KB, 267x300px
I asked around about how to acquire a Lugia with HA and was given this QR code and told to go to this thread. Would anyone be willing to help me out and trade one to me?
>>
>>32024079
Region should be varied and integral to the story in some way. A good region is challenging, but fair to traverse and has several things to explore off-trail.
>>
File: 1484034329882.jpg (171KB, 800x605px) Image search: [Google]
1484034329882.jpg
171KB, 800x605px
>>32024322
>>
>>32024353
I chuckled

also my bad
>>
>>32024259
>Snow routes and deserts do not belong in the same region.
Unova says hi!
Kalos says hi!
Alola says AYYYYYY WADDUP DOE?
>>
>>32024396
It's cool. It happens.
>>
>>32024079
Take some lessons on geography and city planning, cartography or what the fuck ever because doing routes IS THE HARDEST SHIT EVER.
>Okay this city goes here and I want this forest to go here, but what about this road here?
>Do I straight line this shit? Include routes for exploration only?
>What the fuck am I doing?
>>
>>32024421
>Unova
Unova had hardly any snow at all. Even in winter there was only a little bit. Also, the "desert" was really just a huge construction site.
>Kalos
Name one person who thought Lumiose Badlands was a good idea.
>Alola
Well I'll give you that one, but Mt. Lanakila still felt pretty out-of-place for me personally (even though it has basis in reality).
>>
File: 1478967480905.png (40KB, 296x266px) Image search: [Google]
1478967480905.png
40KB, 296x266px
>>32024421
>using Kalos as a standard for good region design
It's an incomprehensible mess that just throws what it thinks is cool into the region without thought for consistency.
>>
>>32024562
Also though the two are different landmasses there's a desert route in the Battle Zone right near Sinnoh and its location is around as north as Snowpoint was.
>>
>>32024584
>>32024562
Doesn't change the fact that there is a desert. Also, the DESERT Resort was in Unova. But okay. Don't mean to make an argument.
>>
>>32024734
I wasn't trying to counter your entire argument, just the fact that you tried using anything in Kalos as a positive example of region design.
>>
>>32024741
Are you suggesting that out of the thousands-hell, millions of people who bought X&Y, none of them like the design of Kalos?
>>
File: shulk puts on sunglasses.jpg (21KB, 258x322px) Image search: [Google]
shulk puts on sunglasses.jpg
21KB, 258x322px
>>32025273
People sometimes like shitty things, yes.
>>
>>32024421
Kalos and Alola did it terribly.
It didn't make any sense geographically and just contributed in making the entire region feel like a theme park instead of a region.
>>
File: 1486173468112.gif (507KB, 172x172px) Image search: [Google]
1486173468112.gif
507KB, 172x172px
>>32025440
>>32025284
>Magical world of pokemon should have real world logic in its geography
>>
File: 1409448546825.png (79KB, 194x197px) Image search: [Google]
1409448546825.png
79KB, 194x197px
>>32025490
It should have some semblance of it, yes.

I mean if you're going for the "it's not real so who gives a fuck about anything" argument then nobody should ever criticize any bad design choices in fiction and we should all just jerk each other off in a circle. Bad characters? "Who cares they aren't real people." Stupid plot choices? "It makes sense in this fictional world."
>>
>>32025506
Here we go with this slippery slope bullshit. Fuck off. Poiny is pokemon have powers, the world they live in is magical by any other fucking means.
For fucks sake, there is a seafloor cavern with breathable air in Hoenn. Just saying, in the pokemon world, it's not sp farfetch'd :^) to have patchwork geography. It's justified.
>It should have some semblance of it, yes.
Says who? You? Fact is, it doesn't. No matter what you say.
>>
File: 1482029800255.jpg (136KB, 797x876px) Image search: [Google]
1482029800255.jpg
136KB, 797x876px
>>32025589
*point
*magical by any other name
>>
>>32023121
Shut up, wage cuck.
>>
>>32025589
>slippery slope
You've already gone from "it's okay to have a desert and a snowy area in the same region" which isn't even something I was personally arguing against (I'm the guy who just called Kalos shit) to "you don't need to think about region design at all, it's just a game lol." How is this not a slippery slope? Why is it okay to this far but we shouldn't expect you to go even farther and use similar excuses when someone calls your villainous team or plotline shit?
>>
File: GTFO.gif (2MB, 352x200px) Image search: [Google]
GTFO.gif
2MB, 352x200px
ITT:Usual shitposting, Mr.Ass vs the World, bumping
Kill yourselves, /heg/.
>>
>>32025632
Don't put words in my mouth.
You said not to have deserts and snowy areas in the same region. I said that's not some iron rule because guess what? They fucking do it in damn near every game. It doesn't matter if you think it's stupid. Doesn't change the fact that Gamefreak puts desert areas and snowy areas in their regions. How do you even have an argument? Are you gonna deny that shit? I'm stating facts here, Carlos.
Also,
>I'm the guy who..
Jesus Christ how the fuck am I supposed to know who's who?
>>
File: 096 - W8tRw7K.jpg (107KB, 392x469px) Image search: [Google]
096 - W8tRw7K.jpg
107KB, 392x469px
>>32025701
>Don't put words in my mouth.
>You said not to have deserts and snowy areas in the same region.
I literally just said I didn't in the post you're replying to.
>>
>>32025708
And I LITERALLY just said
>Jesus Christ how the fuck am I supposed to know who's who?
And if you're arguing about just Kalos shit design, then okay. I can't change your opinion. So, this conversation is over.
>>
>>32025721
Well I mean I said it in the post you were replying to, so that's how you would know who was who. Probably should've rewritten that section of your post before sending.
>>
>>32025648
I don't know why they even bother. Let these threads die.
>>
>>31966000
How do you have sex with your Pokemon in Pokemon Prism? I heard it was a secret feature. My Lucario is just asking for it, with its sexy aura.
>>
>>32025859
Remember to use lots and lots of lube. The ear canal does not produce natural lubricant.
>>
>>32025859
The "orphanage" in the Naljo region is really a sex club. When you "donate" your Pokémon you get taken to the backroom, but you have to save first before you can.
>>
>>32025921
>>32025868
I can't believe Koolboyman would implement a feature like that. Shocking
>>
>>32025648
>Mr.Ass vs the World
Hey eat my grits buddy.
>>
>>32024432
Does essentials support unlimited TM use and unlimited bag storage?
>>
>>32026609
Yup. I think stock. Could be wrong.
>>
>>32026526
You must be trolling.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/battle-alola-trainer-gbc-8-bit-wip2
I don't normally post WIPs that are so close to finished, I only have about 15 seconds left, but I'm not feeling too confident about the sections added after the first WIP so I may as well try and get some quick feedback before heading to bed.
>>
>>32018185
>>32018207
I, for one, applaud anon's proper use of a semicolon.
>>
File: jvsIqgz.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
jvsIqgz.gif
4MB, 400x225px
>>32027924
>>
How do you all feel about having multiple forests in a region? I hate how there's only one woodland per region in the main games. Woodlands can be the most beautiful habitat.
>>
>>32028651
Multiple forests are fine so long as each forest is unique in some way. Like for example you could have a bleak spooky forest and a comfy peaceful forest in the same region and that'd be fine.
>>
>>32028810
This
>>
File: pntshr.png (2KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
pntshr.png
2KB, 64x64px
>>32004772
is that ?
>>
File: rhinox.gif (5KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
rhinox.gif
5KB, 160x144px
>>32006277
Rhinox
http://www.serebii.net/fakes/
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.