[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/PTCGO General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 56

File: Victini-SM2.jpg (112KB, 633x708px) Image search: [Google]
Victini-SM2.jpg
112KB, 633x708px
mythical pixie of good flips edition

New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/Wjz4Wf6T

You can also check this FAQ:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

>WHAT THEMEDECK SHOULD I BUY
Buy the fucking Incineroar one

Deck Building resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text, bots may snatch them, don't post uncovered QRs, bots may snatch them
>Standard etiquette is to take one code per dump per person
>Always post your pulls

Previous >>31934589
>>
First for new GOOD GX's revealed when?
>>
My little Yveltal is so cute! CUTE
>>
File: worse fa.jpg (135KB, 1286x752px) Image search: [Google]
worse fa.jpg
135KB, 1286x752px
What decks run 1x Skyla?
>>
>>31953864
You're the worst kind of blingfag
>>
>some cunt is just spamming angry faces at me for literally the first 3 turns
>even during her own turns
>i DC about a minute after this screengrab because straya'n internet
>DCd again just as i was about to make this post
I seriously hope this piece of shit doesnt consider that a valid tactic to make people concede out of annoyance
>>
File: 616nields_01.jpg (308KB, 1268x659px) Image search: [Google]
616nields_01.jpg
308KB, 1268x659px
>>31954294
Fuck forgot picture
>>
>>31954304
>volcanion vs popplio
How are you in the same ELO?
>>
>>31954408
Why? what do you mean?
>>
>>31954408
Lapras is not bad though.
>>
File: comfey-sm2.jpg (100KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
comfey-sm2.jpg
100KB, 496x693px
Looks like we are getting new card each day:

Comfey – Fairy – HP70
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Flower Shield
As long as this Pokemon is in play, each of your Pokemon with any Fairy Energy attached to it can’t be affected by Special Conditions, and remove all Special Conditions already on those Pokemon.

[Y][C] Sweet Kiss: 30 damage. Your opponent draws 1 card.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 1

More techs for already solid decks instead of something for the weaker ones, well maybe one day.
>>
>>31954785
>More techs for already solid decks instead of something for the weaker ones
What did they mean by this
>>
>>31954781
Primarina is.
>>
>>31954791
This helps nothing but MGard and Rainbow Road, which are already T2, and doesn't help them against T1.
>>
>>31954795
I wasn't referring to anon, i was referring to pokemon for having no idea how to steer the meta
>>
>>31954804
Oh.
I think the card designers at TPC or whatever are just salty they couldn't get into WotC and take it out on Pokemon.
>>
File: why.png (290KB, 830x534px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
290KB, 830x534px
>these cards are legal for the standard format
Fuck off with this shit, baiting for new players to waste their coins for nothing, I remember buying this kind of shit when I started, could have used it for rs packs or something.
>>
>>31954850
I spent so many coins when the call of legends packs were in store bundles
>>
>>31954935
Does that set have anything else in it other than the cool energies?
>>
>>31954850
I bought a playset of this kyogre and groundon bundle when i was just starting out. I weap for my lost coins.
>>
>>31954987
not much playable. had some nice secret rare shiny legendarys and the whole lost world mechanic that inspired the regular card arts so it had a nice theme going - like plasma freeze and all the frozen shit in the art
>>
File: file.png (381KB, 589x399px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
381KB, 589x399px
I got an uncommon reverse and a regular rare maybe you'll get something better in this thing I dunno I don't play TCGO
>>
So why the fuck we did not get any GX from theme deck?
>>
File: Donkey Kong pulls.png (729KB, 816x477px) Image search: [Google]
Donkey Kong pulls.png
729KB, 816x477px
>>31955210

>maybe you'll get something better

You are psychic my friend. Reverse holo Vespiquen and a full-art Giratina-EX. This is almost certainly the best Ancient Origins pack I've ever opened.

Thanks anon!
>>
>>31955235
The same reason Western TCG releases are always worse than their Japanese counterparts: TPCi wants more money.
>>
I have 42 RoS packs and can pick up an Ultra Ball SR. Worth it or no?
>>
>>31955434

If you already have all the cards you need, then go for bling. Otherwise, keep your RS packs for more useful stuff. Tapu Lele looks like it will be the next expensive staple, so make sure will be able to get that.

Ultra Ball could be a way to protect against a short-term drop in value of RS when we get nearer to rotation though.
>>
>>31952872
Why did that guy who made day 2 at Anaheim with bees/herdier use herdier when milotic is flat-out better at fetching things from the grave?
>>
>>31955517

My first guess was Level Ball, but the list didn't actually have Level Ball.

Turns out that the reason is that Lillipup has 60HP, whereas Feebas has 30HP. Given that you have to leave the basic on the bench until you need to evolve to retrieve a card, Lillipup's extra HP counts. Feebas is more vulnerable to Umbreon-GX/Espeon-GX/Decidueye-GX, as well as Lysandre + Sky Return.
>>
>>31955591
Thanks
>>
>>31955517
Because Lillipup's 60hp compared to Feebas' 30 avoids easy snipes on bench from Umbreon and other low powered attacks if he is stuck in active.

The only thing that Milotic can really get extra is Stadiums, which aren't all that important past the first turn in Vespiquen anyway. You can Vs for your supporters, Special Charge to cycle energy etc. It's a deck-to-deck and meta based call but Milotic is useless if Feebas gets sniped before you can evolve him. Especially when you consider this is likely to sit on your bench until the turn you actually need an item back, and not just an immediate evolve.
>>
>>31955612
My local meta completely lacks sniping, I think I'll try out Milotic
>>
>playing an evolution deck for challenges with 0 energy cards
>opponent fucking decks himself against me
>i win with a deck that has 40 pokemon and 20 trainers

well that's a first
>>
>>31954795
can also be teched into decks with DDE since you can count those as fairy if you need to.
>>
>>31955374
That's the best AOR pack I have ever seen lul.
>>
>>31955374
That's pretty gas

You trading the Tina?
>>
>>31955964
I think that's close to the best AOR pack possible. If he got FOGP instead of faded town and an Ariados in one of his uncommon slots it would be a bit better
>>
>>31956157

You could make a case that Hoopa might make it a better pack, but it's pretty close.
>>
File: copyright_DO_NOT_SAVE.jpg (28KB, 319x240px) Image search: [Google]
copyright_DO_NOT_SAVE.jpg
28KB, 319x240px
Finally beat one of those overpowered as fuck Forest Shadow decks. With Mental Might. Is that the deck I should buy? It's so OP, it blows my mind, so I figure I should go for it.

Why do people bitch out and concede when the game is one turn away from ending? Especially when they've been beaten damn fair and square by a vastly inferior deck. Is it because manchildren? Pic related?

What are this general's thoughts on the prize wheel thing? I think it's bullshit that there's a limited number of prize boxes you can win per day.

Also, I'm building a deck around Espeon GX and it won't let me use my Eevee that has the move that lets me just grab Espeon from my deck. Why is that? What's the recommended amount of energies to use? Amount of monsters to have?
>>
>>31957374
the incineroar deck shits on the owl deck.

anyways if you want deck building advice go look in the OP stuff, look at other competitive lists for ideas of what tech cards are good to have.

The eevee with the move that lets you search Espeon isn't legal in standard because it's from an old set, but the SM eevee with the ability that lets you grab Espeon is legal, and is a better card in general. Espeon/Gengar is the spiciest meme you can do with that card IMO, i've seen espeon/megazam lists as well that looked interesting.
>>
Where should I start if I want to start collecting?
Not much interest in playing the game right now, but TCGO seems fun for the few minutes I've played it.

Any suggestions on boxes, sets, tins, etc?
>>
>>31957581
depends what you want to collect, if you're going for complete sets buy a very diverse array of boosters to quickly get your unique card count up., get a few binders with a total of about 10,000 spaces for cards because there are about 10,000 unique prints in circulation atm.
>>
>>31957651
I want to start off with come cheaper sets, open those, and see if I like it.
What sets boxes/packs are the best price for content value?
>>
>>31957456
Thanks, I guess I'll look for that eevee. Which pack should it be in? Also which pack can I find the first form of the sword pokemon in? I want to use the second form's "drop the active pokemon to 10hp" move and Ninja Frog's passive ability to put down three damage counters in exchange for discarding a water energy.

Is it a valid strategy to pump your deck full of energies so you can force yourself to start with the basic pokemon you want via mulligans?
>>
>>31957719
>Is it a valid strategy to pump your deck full of energies
no. noooooo
>>
Why is Thunderous EX the final reward for both tier 1 and tier 2 rewards? Is it a good card?
>>
>>31957374
>Why do people bitch out and concede
This is a game where conceding isn't the same as ragequitting, if you're in an unwinnable match most people quit and start another. You may be annoying the winner by not quitting

>What's the recommended amount of energies to use? Amount of monsters to have?
Consensus for first time builds is 20/20/20 Monster/Trainer/Energy. When you're ready to get fancy you can deviate from this
>>
>>31957821
That's what they always do with the EX rewards.
>>
>>31957833
Yeah, but with one turn left, I would imagine most people would prefer to finish the game. I know that it's better to quit an unwinnable match to save time for everyone if it's early in the game, but this is different imo.
>>
>>31957681
SunMoon is the newest set and is better value than the previous 5 sets
>>
>>31957862
Well when I do it its normally to annoy people
Of course, I can't speak for everyone
>>
>>31957374
>>31957833

>Consensus for first time builds is 20/20/20 Monster/Trainer/Energy. When you're ready to get fancy you can deviate from this

Please don't do this. Check the links in the OP to learn how to build a deck.
>>
>>31957833
>Consensus for first time builds is 20/20/20 Monster/Trainer/Energy.
No it ain't.
>>
>>31957833
>consensus is 202020

only in theme decks kid. 15/30/10 is about standard. Decks that run elixirs will go up to 12 energy, any list that uses more than 12 energy is sketchy. Some decks that only use DCE will go super heavy on either pokemon (vespiquen) or trainers (gyarados AT, Passimian).

You only run more than 12 energy if you're playing a meme like Typhlosion, which runs 28-30 energy.
>>
>>31957878
I only do this when they have extra actions. If their attack would end the game, they should not waste my fucking time by playing ultra balls or whatever.
>>
What's the point of "u win ur reward is ... ONE TOKEN!"

That amount is so meaningless, why even bother?

>>31958051
Yeah, that makes sense.
>>
>>31958230
Better than 10 coins
>>
Just watched the verlis video of CCGcastle harassing him about his clickbait shit. As much as verlis is cancer CCGcastle is basically committing suicide
>>
>>31957719
The Standard-legal Energy-Evolution Eevee is in SM.

For Doublade you can learn how to google so you can spoonfeed yourself from now on: https://pkmncards.com/advanced/
>>
>>31958398
Nah I think verlis a shit. His furry ass could be assaulted and I'd not care.

If anything, I respect CCG castle more now
>>
>>31958230
It's for shekels. Unfortunately, we have literally no way of giving them...
>>
>>31957862
it still saves time if it's the last turn, what ever is the motivation to play out a match you are losing regardless of the amount of time remaining? The pride of seeing it through? Fuck that noise.

So long as there is absolutely no penalty for conceding people will continue to cut any corner they can in order to gather as many points on the Vs Ladder as possible. It's become a grind ever since they upped the requirements to 2000 points.

I *might* play a game through to the end if I have already climbed the ladder as much as I want to. And I'll always play a tourney match to the end just in case I can pull something off. But 95% of the time, I am out of there the moment I think I'm 70/30 against.
>>
>>31958416
Okay thanks.
>>
>>31958447
i play until i have no route to victory. if you keep track of what you have in your deck when you search, what you've played etc. it can be pretty easy to see when you can and can't win.

shit like beating yveltal garb with some trash lunala deck i threw together for a challenge because i got the perfect two prize cards off the gx one-shot bench snipe then drew the last of three cards (literally needed exactly three cards to win) happens.
>>
>>31954304
There is a mute checkbox if you click on their pic, anon
>>
>>31954408
My guess is the other deck is some shitty variant of water toolbox. Emphasis on shitty
>>
>>31958560
>i play until i have no route to victory
That's very noble of you
>>
Between Shaymin EX and Tapu Lele GX, which one would seem to be more of a headache ?
>>
>>31959104

To deal with? Probably Tapu Lele

- No weakness
- Harder to OHKO
- Can't be stopped by Wobbuffet (if people still play that)
- It can still "X-Ball" you instead of doing a meagre 30 and runs
- Its GX attacks completely heals two Pokemon (whether it will be used is another question)
>>
>>31959139
TFW people desperately say it won't be as common as shaymin post rotation.

Lol
>>
>>31959104
Lele can actual fight. Shaymin are easy to stomp out.
>>
>>31959139
>>31959217

I'm scared guys. I thought overpowered basics were a thing of the past. Now with Turtonator and Tapu Lel, everything just made a turn for the worse.
>>
>>31959245
Do not be scare. We also get choice meme and there is much time.
>>
I'm sending an email to ptcgi with my new card suggestion

Fairly well balanced battlefield

>Trainer: Staduim

Everytime a Basic Pokemon with more than 150 HP enters in play, put 6 damage counters on it.

What doy you think?
>>
File: 1486923089449.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486923089449.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>>31959572
>>
>>31959334
>lel equips the choice meme
its over anon, she has the high ground
>>
>>31959641
You underestimate TPCi's power(creep)!
>>
>>31959730
It was supposed to bring balance to the meta, not destroy it!
>>
You said that you would let big basics go!
>>
>>31959572
While I don't think big basics are fun,, cards that that everyone will need in their deck aren't fun either
>>
File: IMG_20170302_143434.jpg (3MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170302_143434.jpg
3MB, 1944x2592px
Do you guys like booster pack codes?
>>
>>31960086
What did you get tho?
>>
>>31960086
No. Never post here again.
>>
>>31960086
yes f a m
>>
>>31959104
Lele won't cause me quite as many headaches because it "only" gives you a supporter. Compared to Shaymin it won't slow turns to a crawl.
>>
>>31960086
No one here deserves your codes
>>
>>31960186
I do
>>
>>31960186
I am no one here
>>
>>31960195
lol!
>>
>>31960186
Yes give them to me.
>>
>>31960270
u guys are too funny!
>>
>>31960086
Redem them all, and then post them so we can have a nice discussion between wheter people are being dishonest or are bots
>>
Is TCGPlayer the go to place for singles for this game?

>>31954294
>>31954304
I played against this person last night and they did the same thing. Maybe the idea is to win by forcing opponent's to lag out of the game
>>
>>31961309

>Is TCGPlayer the go to place for singles for this game?

It is good enough for most things
>>
what non-Tier 1 deck should I play in the Pokebeach tournament?
>>
File: 1479880447646.png (90KB, 291x301px) Image search: [Google]
1479880447646.png
90KB, 291x301px
>need one more kill with fire pokemon for my challenge
>3 matches now when I switch in my fire pokemon to get my last kill as a fire pokemon the opponent forfeits
This is why it pisses me off when people just forfeit. Sometimes I want to get a challenge done.
>>
>The top five premium members who don’t make top 16 but progress the furthest with a deck that is not considered a typical metagame are eligible to win additional prizes
Shouldnt it be the opposite? nobody cares to what makes under top 16.
>>
>>31961987
MFugg.
>>
>>31962116
Its pretty difficult to get above top 16 with a nonmeta deck
>>
>>31961987
Houndoom mill meme
>>
>>31961987
M Mawile
>>
>>31962071
>playing theme trying to finish 750 damage with water Pokemon challenge
>every opponent forfeits before I can attach enough energy to even attack with anything
>>
>>31961987
Tauros/Garb/Hammers
>>
>open some RoS packs for shits
>3 packs in get a Shay

Well this was unexpected
>>
Will the Golisopod promotional card be added to the english expansions sooner or later? I really wanna use it.
>>
>>31952872

this face when this shitty tcg is not giving you dragon challenges
>>
File: ptcgo.png (1MB, 1093x750px) Image search: [Google]
ptcgo.png
1MB, 1093x750px
This game can't be real.
>>
>>31962642
I would have just conceded
>>
>>31962721

That was my next step.
>>
>>31962642

I'm considering running Lillie due to this shit.
More the most times I have a Sycamore I'd prefer an N or Lillie since I have resource in hand I don't want to trash.
>>
>>31962792
I've switched my draw support to 2 sycamore 4 N 1 Lillie and it works almost as well without being as frustrating, instead transferring your frustration to your opponent who's hand is constantly disrupted. Only issue is sometimes you'll shuffle and get the same fucking hand full of cards you don't want to discard but can't play that turn.
>>
File: IMG_0089_0.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0089_0.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>31960086
Email me one of those or I will not talk to my girlfriend for two days and she'll be very sad. Is that what you want?

[Spoiler][email protected][/spoiler]

Anyway, I'm about to buy a deck. I've been noticing that the incineroar deck and Forest Shadow are both ridiculously OP. The water one is really good too but I think the other two are better.

I also really like Lugia and that deck seems pretty alright.

Which deck should I get? I'm leaning towards Forest Shadow but I think you guys will tell me incineroar is better.
>>
>>31954304
>>31954294
I spam "Hello!" mostly if someone is taking a long time to play. Sometimes I get bored of hello and spam faces. Usually I do the happy face when they finally go.
>>
File: 1488518106706.png (1MB, 876x1137px) Image search: [Google]
1488518106706.png
1MB, 876x1137px
Also, is flying Pikachu good for anything? Or is it more of a novelty. The art is adorable.
>>
>>31963139

Novelty and nostalgia
>>
>>31963139
Wait, Pikachu isn't weak to fighting.
>>
>>31962982
The water one is a mess. Just like Jeb. Go either fire of grass, whichever you want really.
>>
>>31963235
No, according to the card, it overcame that by learning how to fly! too bad it has 40 HP and will die to a base set's Dugtrio.
>>
File: o-JEB-BUSH-WIFE-facebook.jpg (307KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-JEB-BUSH-WIFE-facebook.jpg
307KB, 2000x1000px
>>31963246
>>
>bunch of cucks got banned (permanently?) for buying and selling in game currency despite having been warned repeatedly in the past about it being against the TOS
>cry about it over all the TCG forums
>they could have bought codes and been perfectly safe, but instead chose to buy from botters and other fags because it was $0.10 cheaper

God it feels good to not be a retard
>>
>>31961987
Espeon GX Creep show
>>
File: lapras-waterbox.jpg (701KB, 1926x1109px) Image search: [Google]
lapras-waterbox.jpg
701KB, 1926x1109px
Had a game come down to THE very last possible turn. I had 2 prizes left, he had 1.

Only had 1 energy left in deck, 1 on field with Golduck BREAK, Palkia and Manaphy. Opponent had a full HP Solgaleo so I couldn't kill him in time but he had no energy left (was just waiting for me to auto-lose).

Have two VS Seeker, draw my second energy with only Sycamore left in deck. Move both energy to Manaphy and use VS to Lysandre out his Shaymin.

Next turn he swaps his Shaymin out with Solgaleo ability and drops the "well played!" thinking he has won. I use my second VS seeker to Lysandre out the Shaymin again and win.

Surprise surprise my last prizes were super rods (only thing I needed to win earlier).

blog/10 but fuck me that felt good.
>>
File: Untitled.png (780KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
780KB, 1920x1080px
I could use some suggestions and not just for my shitty picture cropping skills
>>
File: ss (2017-03-03 at 07.00.29).jpg (544KB, 1926x1109px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-03-03 at 07.00.29).jpg
544KB, 1926x1109px
>>31963950
Download puush.

Was not expecting this, not the most valuable of cards but first SR so we'll take it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-03-03-54-27.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-03-03-54-27.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Jesus fucking Christ WHY.

This shit happens all the time when I play on my phone. Why do these shit devs not implement connection reestablishment?
>>
>>31953864

Ones where you need an item card in a pitch
>>
Is it safe to gent? Did anyone get banned for it yet?
>>
i wanna build a lycanroc GX deck, i was going to somehow buy the codes but then it dawned on me, where the fuck do i get the rockruff? in my research it's a checklane promo in a 1-pack blister so no code for it.

Any anons help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>31964543
Rockruff is also a promo.
>>
>>31964176
Lmao I don't think you can even play this on phone.
>>
File: wishi.png (699KB, 855x480px) Image search: [Google]
wishi.png
699KB, 855x480px
>5 energy for attacks
Don't even need a translation to know it's shit
>>
File: little wishi.png (653KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
little wishi.png
653KB, 854x480px
There's also a new baby wishiwashi and a vanilluxe.
>>
File: vanilluxe.jpg-large.jpg (95KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
vanilluxe.jpg-large.jpg
95KB, 496x693px
>>
File: 2017 Feb 26 11-47-52.png (1MB, 1440x4871px) Image search: [Google]
2017 Feb 26 11-47-52.png
1MB, 1440x4871px
>>31964610
I downloaded the apk.
>>
>>31964958
His GX.
>>
File: 1487665173311.gif (1MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1487665173311.gif
1MB, 260x260px
>tournament
>last round
>guy has a fucking meme-deck with all the hottest memes
>spams well played when they think they've won
>pull off some super slick shit involving multiple zoararks and wreck the fuck out of them
>1st place
>can feel their mad radiate through my monitor without them being able to say a single thing

Well played, fag.
>>
>>31964958
Source?
>>
>>31965186
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLK2tOKDPPk
The youtube channel typically reveals one important card each Friday and near release the twitter account reveals one common/uncommon each day.
>>
>>31963950
get Gyazo.

Why Acro bike over Mail? It's not a discard-reliant deck. Not is it overly reliant on items.
-4 Acro Bike.
-1 Skyla

+1 Mail
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Vs Seeker
+1 N
+1 Hex Maniac

You are also in need of some non-supporter switching to get Shaymin out of active without paying the retreat. A Rod could be helpful too. I wouldn't run an Elixir deck with less than 11 basic energy but that's your call the numbers aren't hugely worse at 10. It's the type of deck that could benefit from a Town Map too but that's far from essential. Possibly switch out onr of the Belts for an Exp Share.

Seems pretty solid other than that, what seems to be the problem?
>>
File: hmm.jpg (17KB, 227x227px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
17KB, 227x227px
>>31964967
>ability has something to do with GX Pokemon/s
hmm

>>31964975
I wonder what the heck does hes attacks do.
>>
>>31965336
Its clearly Whishi GX by the moonrunes, my guess is he changes like the original deoxys or you can attach to the GX like a tool.
>>
when skymeme rotates out what will replace it as the must have?
>>
>>31965284
Gyazo is shit, puush is far better.
>>
File: twitter.png (46KB, 591x491px) Image search: [Google]
twitter.png
46KB, 591x491px
>>31965342
Looks like it is a swap according to this guy's rough translation. The GX is worthless without a way to accelerate energy.
>>
>>31965375
Wishi will only be worth as the next wailord it seems.
>>
>>31965397
Wailord has 250 HP, 210 is worthless.
>>
>>31965420
Lighting weakness, different meta, who knows.
>>
>>31965201

if I understood japs then it's GX is like;

after attack, move all energies from this pokemon to your bench pokemon[s] as you like
>>
>>31965518

now imagine if there will come supporter that will allow you to re-use GX attack in this turn it was used...
>>
>>31964975
First attack is 20 to all opponents pokemon
>>
File: fY4aJp0.jpg (24KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
fY4aJp0.jpg
24KB, 600x315px
>>31965543

please no... it's even worse than EX
>>
>>31964958
>>31964967
>school form isn't a stage 1 card
>>
>>31965604

because of wishiwashi effect, also wishiwashi is not an evo...
>>
>>31964522
People were literally just banned permanently for buying in game packs against the TOS, and you're asking if it's safe to violate the TOS in a way they just warned us for.
>>
>>31964975
>>31965336
Stage 2 – Evolves from Vanillish

[W] Hail: This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokemon (don’t apply weakness and resistance for Benched Pokemon).

[W][W][W] Frozen Breath: 80 damage. You may discard 2 [W] energy attached to this Pokemon. If you do, your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

meh.
>>
What's the point of the wishiwashi non GX form? Its ability allows you to swap.... But why would you even run it in your deck when its GX form is just better
>>
>>31965784
Less mulligans?
>>
>>31965682
>Worse than ChillMAX Vanilluxe
No thanks.
>>
>23:00 and your opponent still has not selected his initial pokemon
>>
>>31965784
I was hoping you'd be able to attach them as energies to daddy wishiwashi.
>>
just getting into playing the tcg again since gen 2 tcg release I guess the ptcgo site is legit for codes?
>>
getting into tcg found a dope theme deck thats great for starting up
>>
File: Tapu-Lele-GX.SM2L.22.16502.png (944KB, 570x796px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu-Lele-GX.SM2L.22.16502.png
944KB, 570x796px
>>31965356

Tapu Lele GX.
>>
>>31966487
That would have single handedly made the card very usable (dive balls to get a turn 2 attack off with some reliability), if not tier one.
>>
wtf is going on...

opponent used ninja boy to switch to the same card, just FA, then another ninja boy to switch back to the regular edition
>>
>>31966601
Maybe cutting cards to shaymin
>>
>Tapu Koko
>ability that lets you attach Lightning energies to it when it comes in to play
>not called Electric Terrain like in the games
>>
>>31956043

>You trading the Tina?

Not sure. I used to run DarkTina, but stopped using it and switched back to Volcanion after Lurantis became 150% of the meta. Might put the FA in and sell of my tradable RA (though I still have a trade-locked RA Giratina).

I actually chose to go with RA over FA in my deck, because I didn't really like the full-art Giratina. I've changed my opinion on it now though; hadn't really paid attention to the texture effect before, but it actually works really nicely on it.
>>
>>31966606

>cutting cards to shaymin

Ninja Boy is a Supporter. If that were the case, his opponent would have spent 2 turns' worth of Supporters just to draw 2 more card with Shaymin.
>>
>>31966606
nope.. had no eventual impact
just showing off his cards
>>
Why do no volcanion decks ever run the SR version of the cards?
>>
>>31966807
Volcanion users are too intelligent to be blingfags
>>
File: spirit link.jpg (643KB, 404x562px) Image search: [Google]
spirit link.jpg
643KB, 404x562px
Okay, how the fuck do these cards work? Is it just, you play it to the Pokemon and the other guy gets their turn skipped?
>>
>>31966857
yes
>>
>>31966857
Yes, if you were to attach this to a Pokemon, any Pokemon, and it becomes the mega pictured, your turn never ends.
>>
>>31966857
They're broken as all fuck
If we had Smogon they'd be instabanned
>>
>>31966876
>Ryan 5344-0488-6288
lol
>>
>>31966857
>Going -3 just to put a Mega on the field instead of keeping your EX, which is probably good in its own right unless SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to be Mega'd.
Alright, sell me on this mechanic.
>>
>>31966807

The full-art Volcanion just looks 100 times better than the secret rare version.

>>31966853

I play Volcanion and my deck is fairly blingy. Mainly bought bling cards as investments though, to protect against fluctuation whenever new packs come out. Given that I have them, I might as well use them.
>>
File: file.png (207KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
207KB, 300x300px
>>31952872
put this in the what decks you should buy. This is more for tcg than ptcg but im sure these cards are good for online too.
>>
>>31966978
>tfw YGO is the only TCG that can't properly get into Duel Decks
They've been trying, but so far it's been just a bunch of shit. Although we're getting Dinosaurs VS Really Old Robots in a month or two, so I guess it's something.
>>
>>31966978
>baby keldeo artwork
This is wrong
>>
>build a deck using principles and ideas from the FAQ
>lose multiple games in a row
>use my basic bullshit deck centering around Flareon EX and Volcanion EX to power them up
>tear through multitle opponents

What was I doing wrong?
>>
>>31967341
What ideas, exactly?
>>
>>31967341
There's an invisible ladder. Your multiple losses from the FAQ deck may have sent you down a few rungs.

That being said, care to post both your FAQ deck and your bullshit deck?
>>
>>31967341
the image FAQ was made before the expansion that included Volcanion was released (and before shit like night march was banished to expanded). Volcanion is included in the pastebin as a tier 2 meta deck.
>>
File: alakazam.jpg (489KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
alakazam.jpg
489KB, 2000x1859px
>>31966853
>tfw to smart to have rare cards
>>
>>31967515
SR and fa are actually basically the same value
>>
>>31964958
Tapu fini with energy acceleration? Like
>Once during your turn, you may search your deck/discard pile for a water energy
>>
What will be a good partner for Tapu Lele? I want to start gathering stuff now
>>
>>31967858
Read the thread its already translated
>>
>>31967906
I mean, I hope tapu fini turn out to be like that, to help this bulky slow fucker
>>
>>31967906
He's theorizing a way to make that card good.

And no, there is no way to make it good unless we get some crazy support, Tapu Fini-GX wouldn't necessarily work because it gets shut down by Alolan Muk
>>
My last pack of a trainer box had a reverse dragonite and rainbow lurantis gx, my heart skipped.
>>
>>31967930
So, because of Muk no one will use basic Pokemon with abilities?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-03-13-41-41.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-03-13-41-41.png
1MB, 1280x800px
Why can I not trade this fucker or my Chesnaught Break?
>>
>>31967945
People will use them, they just won't be good. Doesn't matter currently because there's no tool removal atm which basically fucks all ability dependent decks. But once we get a way to deal with garb, muk will be the next cancer.
>>
>>31968004
Because you got them from no-trade packs obviously.
>>
>>31968004

You can only trade packs/cards redeemed from codes; won from tournaments; or won from daily challenges at level 16 or above.
>>
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/03/new-battle-arena-deck-black-kyurem-vs-white-kyurem-in-june
Wow, they really do not want the discard and draw 7 supporter to fall out of rotation.
>>
>>31968108
Just fucking make Burnet the new Juniper/Sycamore or something.

Nobody like Sycamore. Even his apprentices ditched him to have a slime-hunting vacation in Alola.
>>
>>31968108
>black kyurem vs white kyurem
A little too late for that, isn't it?
>>
>>31968124
Were only getting MSharpedo and MCamerupt now so never
>>
>>31968124
Were either of the white kyurems even good back then? I know black kyurem could be used with blastoise.
>>
File: Professor Sycassmore.png (183KB, 280x436px) Image search: [Google]
Professor Sycassmore.png
183KB, 280x436px
>>31968108
AW YISS

MOTHA
FUCKIN
ALTERNATE
ART
SYCAMORE
PROMO
>>
>>31968118
Samson Oak could do it
>>
>>31968196
His attack may be better now the burn ruling changed
>>
>>31968108

>The reprints should not have been Standard legal
>LOL NOPE new art (and new collector number) probably means it will be Standard legal once more

orz

>>31968196

Nope, and watch the Battle Arena Kyurems are from Boundaries Crossed instead of Plasma Storm (the one where the good Black Kyurem EX is from)

>>31968260

So basically 200 (with Crystal Edge) + Burn would means most EXs and GXs are dead in one hit Full Flame reprint when?
>>
Hell yeah New Playmat!
>>
File: 20170303_171224.jpg (1MB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
20170303_171224.jpg
1MB, 2304x1296px
>Got into ptcgo recently
>was having a lot of fun and decided to buy a box of sun and moon
>pulls are pic related
I'm not really sure how to feel as this is my first time opening a box, would this just be an average box? Or am I lucky to get the rainbow solgaleo gx and nest ball secret rares?
>>
>>31968668
That is an above average box
>>
>>31968664
Its cute anon, where did you get it from?
>>
How much SM is lycanroc day worth?
>>
File: 1488429923581.png (365KB, 696x768px) Image search: [Google]
1488429923581.png
365KB, 696x768px
>>31968664
>grass type waifu playmat
>without the best grass girl
>>
>>31968674
yeah, above average is perfect to describe it. No jawdroppers like a FA ultra but definitely better than most.
>>
>>31968729
>old art
>>
>>31968688
Inkedgaming they do all sorts of custom shit
>>31968729
If only she was in that picture :( I really wanted something with Erica though and all the pictures I was going through were not to my liking until I found that one
>>
>>31968729
But im seeing Gardenia there
>>
File: 1483379831707.jpg (42KB, 388x426px) Image search: [Google]
1483379831707.jpg
42KB, 388x426px
>>31968760
SHE CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO COMPARE
>>
>tfw finally gave up on my garde deck, broke it down and am selling it for memes

honestly I was just really disappointed with how dray garde just can't break through Tauros without a rattata in hand to remove FFB and wiping your entire bench. That and people just gimping me out of KO range with random parallel city plays. It was my only deck with over 50 games and a negative WR.
>>
>>31968014
Good. Fuck big basics.
>>
>>31969164
>fuck big basics!
>neither darkrai-EX nor yveltal-EX, the biggest of the big basics depend on abilities at all

Muk only really fucks with Volcanion and Raikou, maybe water box decks that depend on Manaphy.
>>
>>31969392
Forgot the Tapus?
>>
>>31969403
Of course Lele is weak to it, but so is shaymin, so is hoopa, they have the same issue with garbodor. And Lele will be in every deck regardless of whether alola muk messes with it or not so it doesn't actually hurt any one deck archetype on that basis.

Bulu has no ability. Koko's ability dependent but honestly isn't that great, it's a cool card for Raikou decks but Raikou is charitably a tier 3 archetype.

So basically Muk further fucks over already meh decks without meaningfully impacting the top tier decks.
>>
>>31969392
Yeah I thought that right after I posted
>>31969465
Raikou is tier 3 I thought
>>
File: shaymeme.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shaymeme.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Got uncommon chests from versus ladder, didn't realise you could even get this
>>
>>31966351
>He uses his confuse attack every turn even though my pokemon is already confused
>He takes at least 40 seconds for each turn
>His clock was <10minutes by the end of the game
At least I beat him, the fucking faggot.

This is the player, anyone else have a run in with this guy? I think he was trying to make me concede by being obnoxiously slow.
>>
File: 1488024156952m.jpg (111KB, 1024x979px) Image search: [Google]
1488024156952m.jpg
111KB, 1024x979px
>>31970156
Hey, I got that too. It seems like such a pointless fucking card, lol.
>>
File: pokemon this nigger is so slow.png (2MB, 1596x893px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon this nigger is so slow.png
2MB, 1596x893px
>>31970378
Forgot pic.
>>
>>31966630
Not even that, ninja boy doesn't discard anything.

Maybe this removes its attack's effect of not being able to be used again, since it's tecnically not the same Pokémon. But I really don't know what is the ruling in this situation.
>>
Any way to tell which decks you used to beat the trainers in trainer challenge?

As it stands I have to find out by beating them and seeing if I get a star or not.
>>
>>31966553
I wonder if people will start calling it Tapu Meme once everybody starts using 4 copies.
>>
>>31965543
If it cost 2 prizes to use, then ok
>>
>>31970686
Also wtf are the yellow tickets for?
>>
>>31970692
>4 copies

ehh, no. Maybe, MAYBE in Garde-STS decks. But Vespiquen is leaving standard finally and will still have shaymemes in expanded. And Garde-STS might just be dead without Hoopa, it's already suffering from SUM techs like Tauros relative to other decks.

Maybe 3, I could see. But four is just too many.

>>31970713
Now that would be an interesting card.
>>
>>31970400
Settle down TeaBiscuit you fag
>>
>>31970730
Entering tournaments, which is how you get tradable packs/cards.
>>
>>31970400
>playing theme
>WHY ARE MY OPPONENTS SO SLOW

Cause theme is literally newb hell:the format.
>>
>>31963888
My favorite way of winning is by beating shaymins. They annoy the hell out of me, I've lost track of how many times I saw the same ultra ball->hoopa->shaymeme play.
>>
>>31970818

>Implying Ultra Ball -> Hoopa -> Shaymeme is bad

Try playing Expanded against Rainbow Road, when they Ultra Ball -> Hoopa -> Shaymeme and Jirachi, then dump their hand, Set Up, AND Ghetsis you T1
>>
File: 12.png (783KB, 1326x623px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
783KB, 1326x623px
>>31970686
There should be a checkmark next to their name if the deck you currently have selected has already been used to beat them
>>
>>31970848
Ohh, ok. Thanks.
>>
>>31970756

>Maybe, MAYBE in Garde-STS decks

I'm not even sure how Tapu Lele would be that useful in M Garde decks. It's not like Shaymin, where you can dig really deep through your deck. You can play as many Lele as you want, buy you're still restricted by the 1 Supporter per turn rule.

Also, as you said, Tauros + Hoopa rotating should kill M Garde.
>>
Is Lysandre and VS Seeker promos????
Holy fuck plz stay in standard
>>
File: lana8.jpg (212KB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
lana8.jpg
212KB, 1448x2048px
>enemy ai has manectric ex out with enough energy to one shot my sea king
>instead they use his 20 damage attack and I get to heal up seaking eat turn and I end up two shoting the ex
Thanks
>>
Is Shaymin Ex Expanded playable? Will it retain price after it rotates?
>>
Is it bad to want to tech a Tauros GX into everything? It's such a good card.
>>
>>31971204
Yes, it's not Shaymin EX and by putting a Tauros GX in your deck its eating a slot meant for Shaymin EX
>>
>>31970941
Do your own research on expanded playability, go to pokegoldfish dot com.
If it is a staple in expanded, the price will drop over the summer as all the standard players are unloading theirs and then steadily climb back up as
>>
>>31970874
It would just be at 4 as a consistency card like how Shaymin is used as a 4 in Vespiquen, in Vespiquen you never actually play 4 shaymins because you'd deck yourself, you just have four to minimize the chance of being fucked by a multiple Shaymin prize.

Also Lele > Brigette is a quick way to get 40 damage of pokemon on your bench. Not as good as Hoopa but it'll be the next best thing for the deck without him around. And we agree, the deck is basically dead in standard and will definitely be dead on rotation. Might still be workable in expanded, but the inability to deal with Tauros without wiping your entire bench is crippling.

>>31971204
No, that card basically belongs in every deck with basic attackers and some decks without them (Decidueye).

>>31970941
It's not expanded playable. It's expanded mandatory. Just as mandatory as it is in standard, in fact maybe more so. Shaymin's price will collapse during rotation but it'll slowly go back up as time pases since there will be fewer and fewer new Shaymins entering circulation with ROS out of the store.

If you've got value to invest I'd definitely snap up shaymins when rotation hits, 1-2 years from now they'll be going for 40+ packs probably.
>>
>>31970896
No. Sycamore and Trainers' mail are getting promo reprints which will keep Trainers' mail legal into 2018. It has no real effect on Sycamore's rotation timing.

There is no indication that Lysandre or VS seeker will get a promo reprint, they'll probably just be included with the set.

VS seeker is kind of annoying since it means a lot of niche trainers will get crowded out, but VS seeker was getting old, getting tired of people repeatedly chaining seekered Lysandres that they only have one of in their decks for a KO sequence that makes me lose when I had a huge advantage.
>>
>>31970896
Standard needs to change. If you like playing with the same stuff forever, you should play expanded.

Really, Lysandre is ok, but VS Seeker is too powerful. Without it, players would have to actually choose which suporters they really need at the correct amount. And ultra ball's cost would act more like an actual cost, not a late game supporter insurance.
>>
>>31971548
>ultra ball's cost would act more like an actual cost
I play bees, UB's cost isn't a cost.
>>
>>31970842
The thing is not even how hurtful the play actually is. It's just that I can't get how people don't seem to get tired of that.
>>
>>31971612
>It's just that I can't get how people don't seem to get tired of that.
We do get tired of it, but it's simply too optimal a play not to do.
>>
>>31971611
Obviously, it won't be a cost in some archetypes.

I play Volcanion, it's not a cost for me either. But with VS Seeker, it's not a cost for anybody.
>>
>>31971611
Bees are banished at rotation anyways.
>>
>>31971655
I'm a little miffed at that, I think the skill floor for bees is higher than almost every other deck.
>>
Is there any deck other than garde-STS that runs more than 1 hoopa?
>>
>>31971726
MFugg
>>
>>31971704
bee netdeckers are my favorite prey, half of the time you don't even need to do anything, they just deck themselves.
>>
>Taurus with 7 damage counters
>Opposing pokemon only has 10 of his 110 HP left
>Use that move
>Tails
>Tails
>Tails
>Tails
>Tails
>Tails
>Tails

The probability of that is 0.8%
>>
>>31971753
Shit like that convinces me that online games are rigged.
>>
FUCKING LOL

Been trying too test out Gyrados in Trainer Challenge against Penelope (water/psychic) for like an hour now because I've had rotten luck getting the cards I need for it. I build up a magikarp to 10 water energies while she wastes turns doing 10 damage with her starmie against pokemon with no energy attached to them (starmie does 10+(10*number of energy attached to defending pokemon) damage). Finally get Gyrados in my hand, put him ontop of Magikarp, and now my active pokemon has 10 HP left. Penelope is just wasting her turns not attacking because she sees my Gyrados about to be played to do 30+(30*#heads in ten flips).

Fucking kek.
>>
>>31971726
I use Garde STS and I use only 1 hoopa
>>
>>31971726

M Rayquaza does well with two.
Deck is good enough to OK FBB Tauros GX. If you have a Hoopa and get an UB into a second Hoopa and a sky field its go time.

Few times were I went second in a match and set up an M Fug after placing DCE and Meha Turbo'd an energy.

Wish it happened more often but online is rigged and starts with with Shaybae or Hoopz 90% of the time.
>>
>Trainers' Mail getting reprinted
>Try and buy up a set of 4 SRs
>No trades up
>>
File: mawile.jpg (105KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mawile.jpg
105KB, 500x500px
>>31972325
>trying to finish my playset of vs seekers
>they are a pack each
> I opened all of my tradeable packs earlier because I cant resist the temptation
>>
I was interested in buying a few particular cards, not interested in the game, i only want them as a part of my collection. I see the prices jumping from 2$ to 200$, how do i know how much are the cards really worth?
>>
>>31972904
Plug the name and set number (x/xx) into ebay. Filter for lowest price+shipping.
>>
>>31971993
I don't understand what's fucking kek
Are you laughing because the AI is bad? Or because they realise they're screwed so they're doing nothing?
Building up the Gyarados to that level when Starmie is there seems really risky, anyway.
>>
File: mawile2.png (438KB, 1027x727px) Image search: [Google]
mawile2.png
438KB, 1027x727px
>favorite pokemon is pic related
>check up to see how many cards there are of her
>only 11 different cards
>one type of ex and one type of mega
>you can only get them from the mega mawile-ex boxes
>they are 40 dollars each
>you only get one mawile ex, mega mawile ex, and mawile spirit link per box
>since its a promo that isnt available in sets you cant even get fullarts of the cards either

Why is this allowed? Do they ever print pokemon from previous gens in new sets, even if that set is based on a different generation?(like the next set for sun and moon)
>>
>>31973055
They print a fair number of older generation Pokemon in each set so there's some hope, but we will probably never see another print of Mega Mawile. Just count yourself lucky that you didn't get shafted entirely like Sableye and Abomasnow.
>>
>>31972995
Ye but like i said prices vary from 2$ to 200$. Idk whether it's scam or bootlegs.
>>
>>31973055
>My fav doesn't even have it's mega card yet
>>
>>31973104
Who's you're favorite, anon?
>>
>>31973108
>you're
I should really go to sleep
>>
>>31973108
Banette
>>
>>31972904
What's the card
>>
>>31973205
EX Hidden Legends Banette
>>
>>31973228
There's only one seller in excess of the 2-10 dollar range, he's probably just an idiot.
>>
Is Pinsir's Roof Fling coded to not work when the opponent has no bench? I've tried it 7 times without success.
>>
>>31963619
holy shit this deck is so much fun to pilot against meta decks. God damn. Seems to struggle against non ex/gx decks though
>>
So will you be watching St. Louis or Sheffield stream?

>>31973538
It should work youre just unlucky.
>>
>>31973538
i've Roof Flinged to victory before
>>
File: 1476109001081.jpg (8KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476109001081.jpg
8KB, 217x250px
>wach passmemeian player have to sycamore 2 special charges on turn 1
>proceed to hammer all 4 of his DCE
>he keeps playing
>look at his deck after the game
>he only runs 2 special charge

why do you keep playing after losing all of your energy and all of the cards you have to recover it? It's not like I was at risk of a deck out. He was even switching around with his mews to spread damage and get as many turns as possible.
>>
File: text for ants.jpg (99KB, 987x685px) Image search: [Google]
text for ants.jpg
99KB, 987x685px
>>
Eevees vs Darkrai/Dragons on stream boys. Big guy is our guy.
>>
>>31974083
What's going on, some big tourney?
>>
>>31973542

Thinking about building that creepshow deck too. I love Espeon and have been wanting to play the GX for awhile:
>>
>>31974121
sheffield regionals.

Eevee big guy just fucked up, didn't realize Eevee SM has a retreat of 2.
>>
>>31974080

Is M-Gard still a thing? I love that deck but since SM and it's beefy AF GXs it's not worth running it.
>>
>>31974160
It's dead. Discussed earlier in the thread, Tauros powercrept it to death, it's also really bad against Umbreon.

People will play it for a few more events but they'll catch on soon enough.
>>
>Absol-ROS tech with eevees

Spicy as fuck in here.
>>
>>31974160
>>31974185

It's not really the high HP of GXs in general that causes it so much difficulty, it's really Tauros in particular.

M Garde is built to take 2HKOs. With so many people teching in 'OHKO me or you die' GX, I'm not sure that's a viable strategy anymore.
>>
File: jazwkms2stxsmstwqmhs.jpg (118KB, 700x327px) Image search: [Google]
jazwkms2stxsmstwqmhs.jpg
118KB, 700x327px
>mfw unable to fly
poor onix
>>
I've been seeing GX markers in some tournament feeds.

If I'm not mistaken, this means that the player has a GX attack still available for use?
>>
>>31974319
Yeah, you just flip it over once you've used it.
>>
>>31974319

The GX marker starts face-up; when the player uses their GX attack, they flip the GX marker face-down.

Not everyone will have GX markers, as they are only necessary if you have a GX Pokemon (or have something like a Mew, which can copy a GX attack).
>>
>shit talking megagarde
>stream switches to a megagarde player winning
>>
Just got the stream up.

This is Wossy commentating right?
>>
if i was going to buy a booster box as an old returning player should I go for the xy evolution one? Feels like it would hit my childhood nostalgia really hard from the cards that I've seen from it.
>>
>>31974405
No
>>
>>31974405

>nostalgia

This is the only reason to even think about buying Evolutions.

Be aware that if you buy Evolutions, it will be for collecting purposes only. Competitively, it is the worst set in a very long time (some people would say for over a decade) and, as such, the cards are not especially valuable.
>>
GX decks getting their asses kicked in euroland. Who knew.
>>
>>31974325
>>31974334

Thanks famalams. I use Lurantis GX but I never really thought about using markers.
>>
>>31974440
Ah, oh well. Yeah seems like it's all of the old cards I had when the tcg first started mixed in with mega and these EX ones then?

I guess I'll just go for sun & moon and recent year packs then. Playing the online tcg got me hooked again
>>
>>31974405
If you can get an evo box for like 30 bucks maybe

seriously though, evo is like the worst set since base set 2, not even joking. It's THAT bad.
>>
>>31974405
You can always buy singles if you want something from the old days.

Evolutions is 98% useless cards, Electrode (a nerfed version, but that's legal in standard), Dragonite EX and Brock's Grit (both of which were never in base set to begin with).
>>
>>31974470
Dont buy SM individual packs as there is a chance you wont be getting nothing no matter how many you buy. Try to stick to the 3/4 pack or boxes if you want to actually want to have a chance at getting anything good.
>>
>>31974480
You forgot the only actually good general purpose cards in evo, rattata/raticate. Also Starmie is good for the starmie/golduck meme.

But again, you should just buy singles of any card out of evolutions since all of the good cards are basically commons/uncommons with a few rares, opening evo boosters is a mistake.
>>
File: 1406685836317.jpg (31KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
1406685836317.jpg
31KB, 400x290px
>>31974480
>>31974491
>>
>>31974470

>sun & moon

A Sun/Moon *box* (not individual packs) is definitely better in terms of competitive usefulness and card value than Evolutions. I get where you're coming from though. I got into PTCGO about 6 months ago, after not buying any physical cards since I was a kid.

If you want nostalgia though, why not just buy some of your favourite cards from back then? I'm currently looking to buy a Zapdos from Base Set/Base Set 2 (whichever one had the 'sparkly' holofoil effect). The Evolutions version is alright, but the colours are more washed out and the holofoil effect isn't as nice.
>>
Those pikachu sleeves should cost a lot since theyre legal right
>>
>>31974558
Hah. I have the base set holo zapdos w/ fossil holo zapdos and a jp fossil holo zapdos
>>
>>31974595

Is Base Set the sparkly one?
>>
>>31974517
If you want to buy paper, the keldeo/rayquaza battle deck has good cards, the upcoming kyurem vs kyurem deck will also have some good ones.

ETBs are also nice to have at least one of cause they give you peripherals like coins, mats, boxes, ect in addition to new set packs. I've done some research and I figure I'll get back into paper in May when the next set drops, probably
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x723px
Who watching here? Make this the next thread OP man
>>
>>31974580
he's got FA Ns and a promo jirachi so he's a big blingfag.
>>
File: C6FfQanVMAIzMoX.jpg (439KB, 1229x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C6FfQanVMAIzMoX.jpg
439KB, 1229x2048px
>>31974600
shit pic but yeah from my old set
>>
File: 1439413629268.png (54KB, 290x307px) Image search: [Google]
1439413629268.png
54KB, 290x307px
>>31974618

>dat 4-prize Pitch-Black Spear.
>>
>>31974638

But there's a chance he might end up getting swept by the next Jolteon if he doesn't draw into Ranger or Hammers
>>
>>31974618
Whats with that guys deck, watching this shit as a new guy and all I see is bling. Couldn't discern cards before but now its just impossible
>>
>>31974711
That game already ended anon
>>
That Jirachi-Jolteon-Magearna error was painful to watch. You could see on Andrew's face that he knew it was game over at that point.
>>
link to the stream?
>>
>>31974867
https://www.twitch dot tv/pokemontcg_eu
>>
File: rainbow.jpg (135KB, 792x505px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow.jpg
135KB, 792x505px
Virtually impossible to make online because of jirachi but its something
>>
File: pebbles.jpg (131KB, 450x672px) Image search: [Google]
pebbles.jpg
131KB, 450x672px
Best place to buy booster/theme deck codes?
>>
>Houndoom match
Aww yeah
>>
>>31975402
ebay and sort by newly listed
>>
Since I'm indecisive, I'll let you guys decide. Do I run TurboDark or DarkDragons at a tournament today?
>>
>>31975047
>mfw got a Jirachi for only 30 SM packs

I didn't even want the card but it's a good investment.
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.