[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/PTCGO General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 33

File: jirachi redux.jpg (463KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
jirachi redux.jpg
463KB, 500x698px
New mandatory rare cards edition

Last thread
>>31766546

New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW (embed)

You can also check this FAQ:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/
>more frequently updated decklists w/tournament results can be found at http://thecharizardlounge.com

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text, bots may snatch them, don't post uncovered QRs, bots may snatch them
>Standard etiquette is to take one code per dump per person
>Always post your pulls
>>
first for never getting any good pulls from irl boosters
>>
BEST THEME DECK FOR VERSUS?
>>
>Reads Tapu Lele's ability

It sure is a good thing Sycamore is rotating out, r-right?
>>
>>31788284
Enter the age of lelespam to chain Ns
>>
Lele a cute

A CUTE!
>>
>>31788284

Sycamore isn't rotating m8.
>>
>it's a you're playng a junkdeck full of pokemon for an evolution challenge and your opponent is STILL playing every turn out to the max
>>
Lele a best.

RIP Jirachi in Expanded. You had a good run, now enjoy the binder forever.
>>
>>31788364

That's why the removal of the chat was so annoying. You used to be able to just say to your opponent 'just let me evolve x Pokemon and then I'll concede'.

Given that your opponent cannot be sure you will concede now, they have to play the game out properly to make sure they win in the fewest possible number of turns
>>
>>31788442

In my experience, most people will just draw pass after a couple turns once it's clear I have no Energy and literally all my trainers are ball engine or draw supporters

In my opponent's defense, I have no idea if he's also doing a challenge (how do I know he doesn't need to do 1000 damage or score 16 KOs?) because the goddamn chat is gone

I just assume they're being shitters and just scoop after I've gotten my fill.

Bring back the chat :[
>>
>guy running a mega mewtwo deck "Well Played!"'s me after he gets garb up to break my item lock having already attached a float stone to his trubbish
>Lysandre and OHKO it the next turn
>he switches in his spirit-linkless mewtwo probably thinking he can just damage change into shattershot to kill my Lurantis
>attach a 4th grass energy and chloroscythe him for the OHKO
>madfaces and concedes

the game can detect if you have bad manners and it gives your opponents good cards to put you in your place.
>>
File: 1477321962134.png (92KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477321962134.png
92KB, 450x600px
>>31788551
>>
tell me vp, are you a dirty headspicker or a tailsbro?
>>
>>31788654

>2017
>picking heads ever

Tailsbro for life my man
>>
>>31788666
tails is more efficient because the yes button is under it.
>>
I seriously, seriously hope none of you are wasting tokens/tickets/rl money on garbage S&M packs when we know Lele exists in Guardians.

I thought SM was a pretty good set until they revealed this, rofl. It's ROS all over again. And we don't even know details on most of the cards in that set. Lele alone is going to cause the value of those packs to skyrocket.

Literally every standard deck needs 2 of these after rotation, before rotation most will 'only' run 1. Every expanded deck that uses Jirachi will replace it with this, the card's just a pure upgrade over it.
>>
>>31788792

I've been really busy the past few weeks and haven't had time to grind the Versus ladder too much. I was hoping to get all 9 SM packs, but now I think I'd be lucky to reach the x3.

Not too worried about it anymore though. As you said, Tapu Lele's value is going to dwarf basically everything in SM (barring FA SRUB of course).
>>
>>31788303
Lele is angered
>>
>>31788224
What does it do?
>>
>>31788893

Tapu Lele-GX – Psychic – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Wonder Touch

Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for a Supporter card, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then shuffle your deck.

[C][C] Energy Drive: Does 20 damage times the number of Energy attached to both Active Pokemon. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance.

[P] Kapu Cure GX: Restore all HP to 2 of your Benched Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: none
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
>>
>>31788792
I only bought a elite box cause I'm new to the game. Used those codes for the gxs i wanted. After looking at these cards, I see what you mean. Gonna wait on it
>>
>>31788893
Imagine they took Jirachi-EX's ability and cut and pasted it onto a slightly worse Yveltal-EX.
>>
>>31786027
Where can you get these? Any chance they'll pop up on pokemoncenter.com?
>>
>that Turtonator

holy fuck muh dick

And I thought the tcg was going to shaft him.
>>
>>31789251
that thing is going to be absolutely cancer in volcanion-ex decks, especially since it also gets sunny day Lurantis for support.

Throw some balloons in before they're rotated, add on 20-90 damage from initial attack and you have return damage that can OHKO literally anything for [C][C]

You'll need to run multiples of pokemon ranger to deal with this shit.
>>
Why do Shaymin prices keep fluxing? One day it's 60, the next 50, then 48, then 60 again
>>
>>31788963

>Yveltal EX
>Not the original "expensive as fuck when it first came out" X-Ball Mewtwo EX
>>
>>31789406
>there are people here who don't remember his 200 dollar ass

He paid for my boxes of that set.
>>
>when your memes are hot and your opponent can't handle it
>>
>>31789431
>tfw you trash some guy who copy/pasted the first yveltal EX deck he saw with a golduck meme deck
>run into him again and trash him with Typhlosion

why do people try this hard on ladder rofl
>>
>>31788909
More like it's going to be Tapu Meme soon.

>>31788792
>I seriously, seriously hope none of you are wasting tokens/tickets/rl money on garbage S&M packs when we know Lele exists in Guardians.
>tokens
Why? So, you suppose to compete with GX with anything but GX?
>>
>>31789461
Tokens give you more shots at drawing a Lele. It's not like it doesn't happen either, I have two no-trade Shaymin-EX from opening ROS packs.
>>
Whenever a new set comes out I just blow whatever tokens I have on packs. Unless we end up getting a shit ton of cool shop stuff I usually have 10-12k tokens which buys plenty of packs. That lets me save the codes I get irl for trading to fill in the blanks.
>>
File: Galvantula mvp.png (61KB, 559x491px) Image search: [Google]
Galvantula mvp.png
61KB, 559x491px
>>31789455
>when you go toe to toe against memewtwo ex with a fun deck and win
>>
Is that shit about mapped sm booster boxes true?
>>
>>31789564
Very true
>>
>>31789564
absolutely, only buy factory sealed products.
>>
>>31789416

I know it definitely wasn't $200, but I remembered how you would be actually lucky to pull one since the pull rates for EXs weren't so generous back then on average (around 2 regular EXs and 1 FA EX when they were reintroduced) and the rest of the EXs were relatively worthless compared to Mewtwo
>>
>>31789167
Japanese pokemon centers
>>
>>31789619
What do you mean by this? Is there a difference between the boosters I buy at walmart and ones I would buy at a pokemon center?
>>
>>31789593
>>31789619
Welp, buying a box this Friday.
I hope I get an Ultra Ball SR.
>>
>>31788909
>Jirachi ex 2.0 is here with decent attacks famalam
>>
>>31789703
Why not wish for a useful card?
>>
>>31789699
Do not purchase loose booster packs, ever. Buy sealed boxes or blister packs. Of course buying singles is also okay, but do not purchase loose packs at walmart, chances are an employee who was responsible for putting them out mapped and pulled the good packs.
>>
>>31789732
Because the ub is worth 90 bucks.
>>
>>31789735
>implying someone working at Walmart would have the brainpower and money to map out good boosters and take them for himself
>>
>>31789735
>ever
Well, they've sorted out the weighing, if they didn't have the mapping I'd be confident to buy loose packs, or if ptcg was like magic and useful cards didn't have to be blinged
>>
>>31789653
It was at least close to triple digit when it first came out because everyone was clamoring for it, though I realized I may be misremembering prices, and am thinking of the FA (I pulled one of each version). It might've been 80 for regular, 160 for RF of it.
>>
Man I totally misread Lele's abilities. I thought it read "once per turn you may search your deck for a supporter card and put it into your hand". I spent the whole morning freaking out about how broken it was lol.
>>
>>31789838
It's still basically the shaymeme replacement, it's not even that much of a downgrade over a well played shaymeme and it's actually easier to play than shaymeme.

With shaymin you have to play down your hand to get the most effective draw out of it and if you have a hand of dead draws you either don't play it and risk being N'd or you play it and get like 2 cards or some shit. Lele will always get you a sycamore/N no matter if you have a garbage hand with 6 cards you can't play that turn or a completely empty one. Shaymin does allow you to dig deeper into your deck faster but I can see some decks (particularly non-hoopa-EX decks) foregoing it even in standard once Lele drops and just using lele/sycamore/n as their draw engine.
>>
File: 1435631117295.png (120KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1435631117295.png
120KB, 400x240px
>>31789301
>add on 20-90 damage from initial attack and you have return damage that can OHKO literally anything for [C][C]
>initial attack
>OHKO
>>
>>31789872

Lele also greatly improves Lillie's viability.
>>
File: 1487017688143.png (553KB, 2000x650px) Image search: [Google]
1487017688143.png
553KB, 2000x650px
>>31789564
absolutely. every third pack is a white card for online, and a "better" card in the rare slot. Of these third cards, every second one is a reverse holo only, while the other second card will be a GX or HR etc. So really only six cards in the box are ones you probably want, and even then, you could get stuck with Primarina-GX or whatever. Still, at least you are guaranteed those six.

Pic related from last thread.
>>
I read in an older thread that once you level up to 16, packs not bought in the shop, as won in challenges or ladder, are tradeable.
Is that true?
>>
>>31789989
no
>>
>>31789948
I seriously hope they address this mapping issue before they drop the next set because this is going to result in a lot of little kids getting tons of loose packs with no good draws in them, it's even worse than the weighing issue used to be since you don't even need a tool to do it with.

Just go to a booster display, count the packs, if all 36 are still present, buy the sixth pack, if it has a GX buy the 12th pack and the 18th pack in that row, then the 6th, 12th and 18th packs in the other row. If not, take the loss and move on.
>>
>>31789989
Packs from challenges when you are over trainer level 16 are tradable. Packs won in tournaments are always tradable. Packs won on vs ladder are never tradable.
>>
>>31788268
Noivern is breaty good.
>>
Turturnator/Volcanion-EX/Energy Reset sounds like a fun deck
>attach 5 energy from discard
>energy reset to put them back in your hand
>drop a 110 damage shell trap or 200+ damage crimson flame on some fool
>>
>>31789872
Best of all: not blocked by wobbufet that would be a staple against half the meta. Well not anymore
>>
>>31788268
The online-exclusive theme decks used to be really overpowered. I think they may have changed them though.
Noivern, Lugia and Greninja seem to be the ones I see most often. Generally the ones with a great main line (Greninja) tend to have shitty other Pokémon though.
>>
>>31790007
>buy the sixth pack
The pattern doesn't necessarily start at the first pack
>>
>>31789989

>>31790001 Is partly wrong.

>>31790016 Is right. From level 16, daily challenges give tradable boosters.
>>
I'm really curious as to how much Tapu Lele will be played before September. Either way it's great for the game. With the competition, Shaymin may come down in price. There are definitely players who are going to favor Tapu Lele just for the 50 hp, even if it is slower.
>>
File: 38.jpg (65KB, 400x557px) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
65KB, 400x557px
>>31788909
Archie my friend i've missed you. My empoleons are ready to meme
>>
>>31790128

It's a savior card. All of your Ultra Balls are now supporters; the odds of you dead drawing are drastically lowered.

It will be a one-of in most decks. When Shaymin rotates, it'll probably up to 2 because Lele Ball is actually a good attack.
>>
can you use multiple gx attack per game, or is it just one.

like if I have pokemon A and pokemon B

can they both use one gx attack or is it just one total?

>>31788224

what does the text say
>>
>>31790179

One per game, period. If A uses one, B cannot.

>what does the text say

>>31788909
>>
>>31790128
Like Jirachi-EX is played in expanded, usually as a one of alongside 2 Shaymin-EX. Shaymin will remain a staple card simply because Jirachi still doesn't let you dig into your deck as hard as a well played Shaymin, and also Lele can't be searched by Hoopa-EX which does leave Jirachi a very small niche.

The HP like you pointed out is a big deal though, I see lots of games lost to people getting their Shaymemes Lysandre'd and OHKO'd for 2 prizes by attacks that would only 2HKO Lele. Especially true with Lurantis-GX which typically runs 4 Lysandre due to item lock preventing vs seekers and the constant need to chase down for KOs.
>>
>>31790179
Only one total. You only have one GX marker to turn, bro.

As for your other question, >>31788909
>>
>>31790007
it's not *the* sixth, it's every six. Like in pic related it was the 3rd, 9th, 15th on the left side, and 5th, 11th & 17th on the right.

So really, you buy the first two on a fresh side of a box. If either of those has a white code card you are set and you know the pattern. If neither has, well you still know the pattern. Buy all six and take the reverse holos too.
>>
>CP/appearances in tournament play

>Vespiquen – 86.4
>Turbo Darkrai EX – 84.8
>M Gardevoir EX – 68.4
>Volcanion EX – 68.4
>Yveltal EX – 65.8
>M Rayquaza EX – 56
>Rainbow Road – 49.3
>Greninja BREAK – 48
>M Mewtwo EX – 45.1
>Jolteon EX/Garbodor – 38.4

People still think Vespiquen died with battle compressor, lmao.
>>
>>31790208
In fairness, if he plays IRL instead of online, there's a good chance he has no GX Marker at all.
>>
>>31790300

It should have died with Karen, but no one's using it because it's a shitty supporter outside of killing that deck and maybe to help Gardevoir or Ray. Once people start wising up and playing it, Vespiquen's usage will plummet. I'm expecting it to see play at Anaheim.
>>
>>31790300
How tho?

Vespi only has like 100 damage guaranteed, do you have to keep fihsing for Shaymins?
I know the Yveltal matchup is onsided to vesp/zebra but still don't get how does the bee trumps over Mega garde or volcanion or darkrai.
>>
>>31790388
Vespiquen's usage is already ridiculously low, it has that massive ratio because only a few people are using it, it represents maybe 5-6 entries per tournament but consistently ends up taking 1 or 2 places in top 32.
>>
>>31790443

>Mega decks
Klefki trolling helps secure a safe 2HKO early on, if you discard everything that isn't essential it's not hard to hit mega range late game, especially if you run balloons.

>Volcanion
Vaporeon or bust. Garbodor helps if you're not running Vaporeon but Eevees help swing not only this but also Ray/Lurantis/Decidueye as well so I'd rather use them

>Darkrai
Lysandre. Take cheap kills on Shaymin before they city them away. If they drop Giratina, KO it immediately. None of your Eeveelutions or Klefki are useful in this matchup so you can throw all of them away and you should be hitting mega digits in no time.

>>31790478

When I said "it" I meant Karen, not necessarily Vespiquen. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see an increase in bees either since it has good matchups against a lot of decks.
>>
>>31789948
Is there a difference between white cards and green cards?
>>
>>31790551
>If they drop Giratina, KO it immediately.

Until recently, I ran DarkTina and Giratina was definitely the way to go. A Chaos Wheel KO (+ maybe 1 Enhanced Hammer) is almost always game over.

Switched back to Volcanion recently because of Lurantis spam. Honestly, this matchup is almost unwinnable for bees. 1 Steam Up enables Power Heater to OHKO, so you will probably trade 1 for 1 on prizes initially (if you can even hit for 170 early on). This will provide energy for benched baby Volcs. As Steam Artillery OHKOs Vaporeon/Garb without a Steam Up, a single Lysandre is enough to deal with them.
>>
>>31790674

Leave both your Eevees benched. It might have just been bad players but I've had people ignore Vaporeon completely if they know I can just buddy it back and have it in play the next turn. Killing Vaporeon also means they didn't kill Vespiquen and my Energy is still in play.

Don't forget that Vaporeon cuts your Pokemon requirement in half. Nine Pokemon discarded will let you OHKO everything in the deck and that's easy peasy. Plus as the game goes on you will eventually be hitting mega numbers, allowing you to naturally OHKO Volcanion-EX.

I don't mean to make this matchup sound easier than it is, it's a bitch and a half to win but if you draw hot and can Lysandre KO a daddy Volcanion at least every other turn, you can clutch it out.
>>
>>31790782
>can Lysandre KO a daddy Volcanion at least every other turn, you can clutch it out

Definitely could be that you have been facing players inexperienced with Volcanion. Dropping multiple Volcanion-EX is a bad way to play Vespiquen.

The Vaporeon idea definitely gives you a fighting chance though like you say.
>>
>>31790151
If you can consistently pull of that play without Compressor, I want your deck list.
>>
>>31788224
Who the fuck thought lele was balanced? Another 100 dollar card or some shit?
>>
>>31790985
>another
Regular art Shaymin never reached 100. But since Lele will have three rarities it'll be easier to pull.

Also people seem to confuse "good" with "broken" a lot in this thread.
>>
So since Bulu and Koko is getting a tin, whats the chance Lele and Fini is going to?
>>
>>31791050
100%
>what are the chances that the hyped pokémon from the SM trailers that kids will cream themselves over will get an easy way to get?

I want a Golisopod GX tin, I think it will happen.
>>
>>31791083
We'll need a Golisopod GX first. Also I don't doubt that the remaining Tapus will be in the Fall tins.
>>
>>31791050

Zero. They aren't going to make a tin version of their money card.

I also don't think they're going to do all four tapus as tins. They'll probably have two Pokemon that are in SM3 or SM4.
>>
LE CUT INSIDE MAN
>>
>>31790563
they are a slightly different weight. The idea being white ones are lighter, so go into a pack with a heavier card (GX or whatever) so that people can't tell the difference with a scales without opening the pack.

Which is all well and good and then they lay out the packs in an exact placement and fucks up the whole idea.
>>
>http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/02/new-mega-powers-collection-in-may-featuring-four-new-full-arts
>Make a standard M Lucario-EX and Lucario spirit link
>No standard Lucario-EX
>>
>>31791326

Right? At least we'll have Maxie for a bit. :[
>>
>>31791326
At least it's going to make Jolteon ex dirt cheap
>>
>>31790563
One gets me inside the wall
>>
>>31791326
It's shiny M Gengar-EX all over again

Also, trying to do a 16KO water challenge with gyarados is taking the longest time. Most concede after 2 KOs
>>
File: LCIM.gif (2MB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
LCIM.gif
2MB, 320x400px
>>31791192

m8, it's good to see another /sp/vp/, but I think you have the wrong thread.
>>
>>31791326
So he doesnt come back to standart but they reprinted fucking mew so who knows.
>>
>>31791326
>M Gengar, M Manectric and M Lucario are all standard legal
>their prevolutions aren't

Bravo TPCi
>>
File: Crobat BREAK.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Crobat BREAK.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>31791326
>>31791383
>>31791408

These will really help out my Crobat BREAK deck.
>>
>>31791408
M Manectric would be crazy in standard right now.
>>
I'll bet a fiver these new full arts are going to be the shitty untextured ones.
>>
File: crobat.jpg (22KB, 220x307px) Image search: [Google]
crobat.jpg
22KB, 220x307px
>>31791450
They already printed a new crobat in SM
>>
>>31788224
>Jirachi's ability
>ND Mewtwo's/Yveltal EX's/Lugia EX's attack
>Basic
>A very, very good GX attack
>Has a waifu value

My fucking God, it is going to be worse than Shaymin. I must save money from now.
>>
>>31791640

Nah, it should be fine. Especially because it's going to have competition from Shaymin until September as well as 3 different prints in the same set.
>>
File: 1439413629268.png (54KB, 290x307px) Image search: [Google]
1439413629268.png
54KB, 290x307px
>>31791626

Didn't realise. Haven't really had time recently to pay attention to SM.

Crobat BREAK is officially off the joke list. It's still bad, just no longer literally unplayable in Standard.
>>
YGOfag here. I play the Pokemon TCG on and off, and I saw that a new mechanic came in. I was interested in Breaks and figured now would probably be the time to start buying.

Any decent Breaks for casual play? I'm not looking to play any real structured play, just Kitchen Table Pokemon with my brother and his friends, but some of them have half-competent decks, so I can't be running old shit like Base Set 1 SD.
>>
>>31791855
Maybe you should try Golduck BREAK or Greninnja BREAK buying the decks from the World Championship which worth something like $20-$25.
>>
>>31791855
Youre late two years dude
>>
>>31791920
>>31791978
I know that Break isn't the newest mechanic. In YGO, the old mechanic's cards typically become cheaper when the new mechanic's cards start coming out. Is it not the same in PTCG?

Besides, most of the people I'm playing against are kids that just want to feel good about kicking the ass of the old guy. I just want to be slightly more modern than "I kinda have some EX cards that are okay".
>>
>>31791855
You will get the most fun out of a Yanmega Break.
Zoroark and Carbink are can get you some good matches.
>>
>>31791855

Raticate BREAK + Ariados is a pretty interesting deck. It might be considered a little unsporting/mean-spirited for 'kitchen table' play though.
>>
>>31791996
Breaks are still in standard.
This wont change until september, however I'm convinced they wont cut Breaks from standard yet.
>>
>>31792004
>>31791903
Thanks for the pointers. I skimmed a few of them and shit they branch out of, and it looks nice. I might be able to fit Golduck BREAK in my Team Plasma deck, although I'll have to drop the Stadium that isn't even that good, and Yanmega BREAK will be fairly easy to build a deck around.
>>
Why is Decidueye so expensive when it will turn into hot garbage the moment rotation hits?
>>
I'm a newfag, what theme decks should I not buy and why?
>>
>>31791996
They do but that's because the cycled out of standard format
>>
>>31792246
Because rotation is seven months from now.
>>
>>31792246

What >>31792381 said, and also because it's actually good and getting a lot of hype. If it flops at Anaheim the price will drop some for sure.
>>
>>31792283
All of them except one because they all suck and are full of shit cards.

exception is wave slasher which has cards for a greninja deck, but greninja is getting shafted at rotation.
>>
>>31791083
>>31791148
Golisopod is a samurai, it's getting a GX and a tin.
>>
>>31792283
Online?
Buy SM decks, you will the new trainers that the stock theme decks lacks.
Fire=Grass>>>>>>>>Water

Physical?
No theme for you, go to your city's game center and buy singles.
Noivern and Volcanion decks are top theme decks
>>
>>31788224
so whats a good budget deck? I´ve got 9 generations and want to build a cool good meme like night march.
>>
Is it just me or is Primarina theme deck really good?

>that golduck
>that lanturn
>spearow for anti-grass memery
>obviously primarina itself
>>
>>31792583
greninja is the best budget deck but you're not going to build one for 9 packs.

not going to build any decks for 9 packs 2bh, even most memes are more expensive unless you already have the standard cards.
>>
>>31792687
since when are generations cheap as fuck?

Also I got at least one shaymin and some items + supporters. One fully functional night meme deck. Even got 3 Mew Ex´s.
>>
>>31789948
Won't this also mean that every booster box has exactly six GX/HR in?
>>
>>31791718
oh it's still fucking unplayable. I guess not technically any more, but good god it is not a patch on the old set.
>>
>>31790016
I heard that the third tier of the ladder gave tradable packs. Is that wrong?
>>
>>31792746
what about a Musharna deck? it looked fun.
>>
>>31792765

Yes. Ladder rewards are never tradeable.
>>
>>31792807
Thanks for the heads up.
>>
File: 1486706794743.jpg (49KB, 464x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486706794743.jpg
49KB, 464x600px
Newfag to ptcg here, I'd lke to build a deck and maybe play it casually in a store with some random people. Thinking of buying maybe a booster box for sun and moon as a start. Will I be able to get most cards I need from it, should I also buy something else like decks or really just drop the idea of the booster box and get something entirelly different?
I used to play yugioh years ago and from what I remember you could get a nice deck from buying boosters from the latest expansion and adding some specific cards from previous ones.
I already played the online game and I can play it just got no knowledge whatsoever on formats and what I should buy and I really just enjoy playing it with actual cards. Ill try to read some shit on formats by myself but would appreciate any advice you got for me. Thanks.
>>
>>31791996
Oh it's expanded too? That opens stuff up. Particularly Trevenant which is a cancer in expanded, and the fire ones once they have access to Blacksmith. Also if it's not a serious competition deck you want then a lot of them have that kind of "well the one time you pull it off makes all the dead draws worth it" factor.

https://pkmncards.com/?s=s%3Abreak&display=scan&sort=date

Top tiered meta at least once = Greninja, Trevenant
Lower tier meta = Xerneas, Carbink
Not unheard of = Yanmega, Raticate, Zoroark
Future potential = Yveltal (Umbreon-GX can give it life)
Have potential for the level of play you are talking about = Delphox, Marowak, Mandibuzz, Arcanine, Ninetales, Golduck, Pyroar (in the right meta), Noivern (with expanded echolocation Noiv for coinflip funtimes), Crobat (expanded only), Omastar (meme-tier only).

Others could be good in theory but like, you're talking about a Stage 3 with Florges Break, the deck is not worth the effort. The ones that go onto a Stage 1 can't be rare candied up to either.
>>
>>31792873
You're far better off buying specific singles than a random box. You are going to need four-ofs of your deck's main cards. Best bet is to play the online client for a while and figure out what deck you want to go for.

After that, if I was starting fresh (and with no eye on collecting at all) the only thing I'd look to buy apart from singles is maybe one of the Battle Arena deck sets - this will give you a lot of the basic trainers you need. Vs Seekers, N, Sycamore, Ultra Ball, Float Stones, Switches, Escape Ropes, Octillery - all cards you will probably purchase sooner or later anyway.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Arena_Decks:_Mewtwo_vs_Darkrai_(TCG)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Arena_Decks:_Rayquaza_vs_Keldeo_(TCG)
>>
File: 1486702512326.jpg (147KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486702512326.jpg
147KB, 425x600px
>>31792939
I had heard about those Arena decks (mainly that part about having most basic card you'll need) so I was thinking about getting those too. Guess Ill really have to go back to the online game and actually learn more than just the basics from playing with the built decks they give you and actually decide on a specific deck first and then get the physical version of it.
>>
>>31792883
Since it's mostly kids, I've been using a modified version of the Plasma Freeze structure. I took out most of the shitty electrics, added a couple more Plasma cards (namely Articuno-EX and Plasma Energy), and went full ham mode on the Plasma Vanilluxe's coin flip attack.

Problem seems to be that these kids, while they're not particularly good, still have decent pulls and decent decks put together (at least one of them I caught netdecking a Greninja build, although he used the wrong Greninja for it), and most of my card pool is pretty out of date, so I get smacked around. I don't mind that, except going 0-5 on a routine basis makes playing against me a bore for kids with low attention spans.

Being able to consistently hype up the game and provide a real yet surmountable challenge is my true goal.
>>
>>31792873

if you're getting into things, i suggest buying an elite trainer box when the next one drops and until then just buying singles for a deck.

If you have childhood cards you can still use the basic energies from any set as long as they have the same backs. Can't mix Japanese and International cards in the same deck.
>>
>That one game in round 1 of a tournament that always takes forever to finish and leaves you waiting
Spectating option when
>>
>>31793303
So basically you want a strong but clunky deck.
>>
>>31793511
it's usually because there's some shitter who takes a minute and a half per turn even though he lost on turn 2 thinking he can somehow draw his way to a win if he just clicks all of the glowing green outlined cards.
>>
>>31793573
>turn two loss
Is MtG still the king of card games because it takes until turn 4 to see who's clinched it?
>>
>>31793622
Games aren't always over at turn 2 in pokemon, but when you've got a bad matchup you need things to go a very specific way very quickly or you autolose.

I beat some idiot with a Volcanion deck the other day who wasn't running any rangers with a Jolteon-EX. I had it set up on turn 2 and all he could do is power heater futilely. He went through the motions like he was actually doing damage, he even used steam up every turn to discard then attach energies.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170215-162302.jpg (192KB, 1717x544px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170215-162302.jpg
192KB, 1717x544px
I traded ROS packs for the new sleeves because giving $13 to GameStop is stupid, is it a good deal or did I get memed on?
>>
>>31793765
lmfao you've gotta be kidding
>>
>>31793303
sounds to me like one of either Zoroark Break or Marowak Break are the cards you want to build around then. Because both of them scale depending on your opponent. Marowak hits for bigger numbers the more prizes your opponent has taken. Zoroark first hits for big number depending how full your opponent's bench is, and the Break copies your opponent's active's move for the princely sum of a single dark energy. So if you face an eight year old you won't steamroll him. But if you face some kid who's netdecked the latest top tier deck you can send it right back at him.

Either way you'd have a lot more big comeback match-ups and thrillers, but neither deck is going to make you so good you're out of their league.
>>
>>31793803
you could even run Marowak alongside Carbink to screw with EX heavy decks. That won't be all that relevant for long now GX builds will take over from EX.
>>
Um why can't I use my decks in the standard tournament? Its the 15th.
>>
>>31793839
no SM cards until after maintenance.
>>
>>31793839
Scheduled maintenance :^)
>>
>>31793030
yeah find your feet by playing the client for a while. Bear in mind you don't just build one deck and call it a day, not at a competitive level anyway. For casual play I guess you can.

But it's more like you amass a support core of cards that will serve all of your decks and then buy 20 deck-specific attackers & support depending on what you expect to face this month.
>>
>>31793854
Maitnenance is on the 16th. Why in the flying fuck did they say the 15th if that is a lie?
>>
File: dark deck.png (3KB, 1109x704px) Image search: [Google]
dark deck.png
3KB, 1109x704px
How do I fix this abomination of a Dark deck with cards that aren't too expensive? I know that I should probably choose between Zoroark or Yvetal, desu the syngery in this deck is shit :/
>>
File: dark deck.png (1MB, 1092x706px) Image search: [Google]
dark deck.png
1MB, 1092x706px
>>31793943
#oops
>>
>>31790300
>>31790551
Could someone throw me a vespiquen list? I used to love that deck but I kinda gave up on it and pokemon tcg in general when compressor died.
>>
>>31794030
http://thecharizardlounge.com/2017/02/13/bullish-on-vespiquen-with-sun-and-moon-updates/

>>31793961
stop building a deck around a colour and build a deck around a card or an attack. Do you want a Zoroark deck, a Dark Pulse deck, a Dark Head deck, or an Umbreon deck? Because these are four vastly different concepts and you can't just smush them together into the same one just because they happen to share an energy type. jfc read the OP.
>>
I want a night March 2.0 to counter cancer this cancerous format famalam
>>
>>31794208
basically this. I'm actually in the process of writing an extended beginner's guide that includes more detailed deck building info.
>>
File: lol.png (69KB, 566x148px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
69KB, 566x148px
Really good deal.
>>
>>31794281
if people won't read something as short and easy as http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg there is no point writing anything more in-depth.
>>
>>31794208
>>31794343

I've been using this deck for the daily challenges with the cards that I already owned, but I wanted to improve it without spending too much. Basically, want to make a cheap Dark Pulse deck.
>>
Can someone explain the rotation? I'm wanting to build a deck for standard, so I can use everything from Primal Clash onward, right?
>>
File: Water Box.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Water Box.png
1MB, 1366x768px
What should I cut for a second shaymeme?
I'm leaning towards cutting a dive ball, but I'd love some input.
>>
File: budget dark pulse.png (621KB, 928x591px) Image search: [Google]
budget dark pulse.png
621KB, 928x591px
>>31794506
gotchu senpai.
>>
>>31794615
all of your lapras GXes
>>
>>31794305
I think it's a really bad deal tbqh famalam, Plasma Freeze packs aren't being reprinted and there's not much of them versus the amount of Ultra Balls coming from the SM set
>>
>>31794630
hol' up, forgot that you should probably include a fisherman and a brock's grit. You could cut eevee/umbreon to 1/1 or git gud and get shaymemes to replace octillery.
>>
>>31794654
No shit.
>>
>>31794667
Also include level balls since they let you search your draw supporters and your energy accelerator. Probably dump Eevee/Umbreon entirely, put 2 level ball 1 brock 1 fisherman.
>>
>>31793803
>Marowak BREAK gets Muramasa effect
>Zoroark BREAK clones opposing moves
Alright. Sounds good. Zoroark BREAK looks pretty cheap, and it seems like I already have the base Zoroark you mentioned. I've got enough other stuff to fill the spaces.

Roughly what ratios are usually recommended for Break to Base? The standard 4-2-1, as if it were just a stage 2, or should I go 1:1 on the Break/Base?
>>
Anyone here down under going to the oceanic internationals? Im bringing mega fug
>>
File: 180px-VileplumeAncientOrigins3.jpg (18KB, 180x253px) Image search: [Google]
180px-VileplumeAncientOrigins3.jpg
18KB, 180x253px
>>31795174
Heh....good luck

*unsheathes turn 1 item lock*

you'll need it, kid.
>>
>>31794615
>he fell for the Lapras GX meme
>>
File: timeout.png (1MB, 1277x681px) Image search: [Google]
timeout.png
1MB, 1277x681px
What did he mean with this?
>>
>>31795190
>plot twist hes running inceroar or volcanion and just trying to bait grass
>>
>>31795343
*drops Vileplume*
*dodges to the side*
*unsheathes Vaporeon AOR*

Heh....too easy.
>>
>>31794740

>The standard 4-2-1, as if it were just a stage 2

This is not the way evolution lines should be built and is certainly not standard (outside of Theme decks). Read the links in the OP to understand how the general framework of your deck should be constructed.

I understand that you are not looking to build a super competitive deck, but even if you're only playing casually you should be running more balanced lines.
>>
>>31795343
>inceroar

more like trying to bait a loss
>>
File: tumblr_mfjlubENIJ1qgmkv3o3_500.gif (488KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfjlubENIJ1qgmkv3o3_500.gif
488KB, 500x375px
What's the deal with Pokebeach?

Why is it so expensive? Is it worth it?
>>
>>31795466
Alright. Thanks anyway. Probably should've checked the OP first, really. I've been doing the same stupid shit since Base Set 2, and never really considered how things changed.
>>
>>31795174

Given how dominant Yveltal has been, is it really the best idea to play a Lightning-weak deck? Surely there will be Zebras everywhere?
>>
>>31795477
If you got $5 to blow on a random week just do that around a major tournament or set release.
>>
>>31795415
Im taking volcanion to my first tournament on the weekend. Does vileplume usually run vaporeon?
>>
>>31795615
Paper players probably won't right now but I would tech for it just in case.
>>
>>31788224
Threadly reminder to never buy loose packs of Sun and Moon as they are easily mapped to get Ultra Rares and Secret Rares.
>>
>>31795657
How is volcanion in the current meta anyway? Ive made a few tweeks since sun and moon im not sure how it'll go
>>
>Lose my only two matches today in theme versus to fucking the starter decks because I got shit draws and they got the literal best they could, as well constantly hitting heads on everything they roll.
>>
>>31795704
see
>>31790300

It's pretty good and better than it was relative to other decks because it's good against Lurantis and Decidueye, both of which kind of shit on Vespi.
>>
>>31795843
to be fair, the blue deck is basically the best theme deck aside from possibly the red SM themedeck.
>>
>>31795858
Which is the better secondary for it? I have 2 entei but some people run 2 flareon ex. I just thought a non ex secondary was better
>>
File: stall game.png (1MB, 1295x697px) Image search: [Google]
stall game.png
1MB, 1295x697px
>lost the game as soon as i saw my opponent's deck energy composition
>he instead of stomping me has been fooling around trying to make his most pompous games
>wont conceed because i know i can put him in a serious position.

Long ass game due to bullshit.
Will report if i win.
>>
File: 1484642007814.jpg (1MB, 1204x902px) Image search: [Google]
1484642007814.jpg
1MB, 1204x902px
>>31795950
Ganbatte. Borb army believes in you
>>
>>31795950
You seem salty
>>
File: victory.png (1MB, 1279x695px) Image search: [Google]
victory.png
1MB, 1279x695px
>>31795950
>>31796009

He drew himself to death.
Victory!
>>
>>31795695
And another reminder that you should shop only at reputable stores. Packs from an LGS are fine provided they don't let you pick yourself.
>>
"Players may use inner sleeves inside their normal sleeves as long as they follow all other sleeve
rules and they do not create a marked card situation. "

Question about this. Does this only refer to standard and perfect fit sleeves? Or does this allow over-sleeves? Asking because I want to get some nice Pokemon Center Japan sleeves and don't want the art to be ruined through play.
>>
Okay, I have a question about the game. Say I only have a Shaymin Ex as my active pokemon and no other pokemon on my bench, if I use Sky Return with the Shaymin what happens? Do I lose since I have on pokemon on the field?
>>
>>31796442

From that intrepertation it probably mean regular + perfect fit sleeves

>>31796459

>Do I lose since I have no pokemon on the field?

Yes
>>
>>31796470
That's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks anon
>>
>>31796442
>don't want the art to be ruined
Cant use sleeves with art. They need to be a single solid color
>>
>>31795289
it means spectator mode is in the works.

>>31794740
eep no, 4-2-1 is a terrible idea. If it's Zoroark, have a google around for 'Quad Zoroark' decks. The lists will be out of date but you'll get the idea. I would go 4-4-4 or 4-4-3 depending how tight you are for space by the end.

You will need some form of draw support - i.e. Shaymin or Octillery, or now the new Oranguru could be a thing since it will synergise with DCE. Pretty standard supporter core - see the OP - but maybe the new Kukui is worth looking into. Poké Puff are a must. Lots of Lysandre and escape ropes too for using the right mimic attack. Float Stone obviously, although once that new Dark Stadium drops in an upcoming set you will have free retreat regardless.
>>
>>31796578
Says right in the fucking rules that they have to be either solid colors or official artwork. The Pokemon Center sleeves are official artwork.
>>
>>31796600
I was always told even official sleeve artwork is not allowed because people make fake ones and hide shit in the artwork thats hard to notice
>>
>>31796688

Not him, but if that was true a lot of people I know that uses those nice Pokemon Center sleeves would've been forced to resleeve all the time and my LGSs wouldn't bother to import those sleeves in the first place
>>
>>31796688
If it was true they would have removed it from this year's rules update.
>>
File: progress.jpg (1MB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
1MB, 1500x2000px
We getting there
>>
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Lugia FAC 78
* 1 Rayquaza-EX PR-XY XY69
* 1 M Rayquaza-EX ROS 105
* 1 Yungoos SM 109
* 1 Gumshoos-GX SM 110
* 1 Solrock PRC 83
* 1 Houndoom-EX BKT 153
* 1 M Houndoom-EX BKT 154
* 1 Mew FAC 29
* 1 Manaphy-EX BKP 32
* 1 Palkia-EX BKP 31
* 1 Popplio SM 39
* 1 Brionne SM 40
* 1 Primarina-GX SM 42

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Ilima SM 121
* 1 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Wally ROS 94
* 1 Rayquaza Spirit Link ROS 87
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 N DEX 96
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Houndoom Spirit Link BKT 142
* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 2 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 2 Energy Retrieval PRC 126
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 2 Professor Juniper DEX 98
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Steven ROS 90
* 1 Professor Kukui SM 148
* 1 Exp. Share SM 118
* 1 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Town Map BCR 136
* 2 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 16

* 12 Water Energy Energy 3
* 2 Burning Energy BKT 151
* 2 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Can anyone give me advice to my deck. First one I ever made and only been playing for a few weeks.
>>
Man youtube codes are dead, seems like there's bots getting them all the instant videos get uploaded.
>>
>>31796863
Delete it, read the FAQ, look at real deck lists, get those cards and try again.
>>
>>31796863
The fuck is this decklist.
No seriously. The fuck is this decklist?
I don't even play this game proficiently and I can tell you this deck can't possibly be anything but bad. You've got singletons all over the place, except for energy and a few cards you probably heard were good somewhere.

What's even your wincon here? Strategy? Tactics? Lucksacking?
>>
File: 971.jpg (63KB, 425x220px) Image search: [Google]
971.jpg
63KB, 425x220px
>mfw Tapu Fini gets Set Up...for 8 cards.
>>
>>31796814
>that ultra ball
I'm not sure what's worse, you buying it or you pulling it and not deciding to sell it
>>
>>31797233
Why would I sell it if I intend to get one of every card in the set?
>>
holy shit umbreon is so much fun
>>
>>31797170
At least it uses up your supporter for the turn and doesn't have an attack that pulls itself off the board for potential reuse.
>>
back to the drawing board. Still getting used to the card game.
>>
>>31796863
>he's been playing multiple weeks and he doesn't see what's wrong with this deck

holy shit lmao. I mean I want to be helpful but fuck man.
>>
barely started deck building this week. been with theme longer. Legit idk what the fuck i'm doing..
>>
File: 1486824513303.png (116KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
1486824513303.png
116KB, 500x464px
>>31796863
I hope this is bait.
>>
>>31797458
Read the OP. There's an image macro guide that explains exactly how good decks are built. Basically pick an abusable ability on a primary attacker, choose some supporting mons to help your win condition, fill out the rest of your deck with trainers that are needed and bam.
>>
>>31796442
When in doubt, ask the head judge.
>>
>when youre in the middle of a night march match up with your homebrew deck and youre excited to finally see how it fares against a meta deck only to get dropped from the game for the 10th time today
really getting sick of this shit happening every day
>>
>>31797458
it looks like you just slapped a shitload of random draws you got together, and that never works.

Of the clusterfuck that is your deck, the most recognizable hint of a strategy is Rayquaza. Look up some Mega Rayquaza decklists.

General criticisms though, never have just one of a card that is important to your core strategy, single cards are usually added to make certain matchups easier (pokemon ranger, hex maniac, ect).

your ratio of pokemon to trainers to energy is actually pretty close to correct (less energy tho, you shouldn't ever need more than 12) but you just have a clusterfuck of pokemon with 0 real synergy.
>>
thanks anon. I'll look some some decks I can do with my current draws. Challenging part will be getting more of those rayquazas
>>
>>31796814
Is it just me, or is Dark Call GX feel like it's supposed to have a damage value? It just looks really shit in general.

I mean, every other GX on that page seems decent, but Dark Call is really fucking underwhelming.
>>
also btw fair warning Primarina GX is fucking dogshit even with le blue archetype memes like manaphy and dive balls working for it.

Even that Lapras deck is less shit than any primarina deck. If you want energy scaling attacks, Darkrai-EX, Yveltal-EX, Raikou, M-Mewtwo Y and M-Gardevoir PRC are all way, way, way better at it. Fuck, even Flareon-EX is better at it. dark/electric/fairy/fire all have way better energy acceleration supports than water and M-Mewtwo Y can use DCEs, Primarina brings literally nothing to the table except being significantly slower than all of these other energy acceleration archetypes due to being a 2nd stage.
>>
>>31797601
Click the post numbers of the post you want to reply to.
>>
>>31797616
It's not underwhelming at all, you can discard special energies with it. It's like dropping 2 special hammers in one turn. Actually retarded when combined with Giratina.
>>
What are the good theme decks right now for spamming online?
>>
>>31798180
Incineroar.
>>
im a fucking faggot gen wunner, what is a deck I can tech zapdos in, I just really want to use zapdos.
>>
>>31788442
They removed chat? Fucking hell, haven't played in a bit but fuck nintendo
>>
What the fuck is this stupid ass garbage with dewgong and infinite paralyze/sleep? Fuck any of you shitty little faggots trying to play that.
>>
>>31798482
>nintendo
TPCi is apart from gamefreak whom is apart from nintendo, moron.
>>
>>31798473
Get the Zapdos theme deck, if it's still available.
Otherwise, something like Raikou/Electrode can use Zapdos as a budget option.
>>
>>31798538
I get your meaning but technically this does allow for TPCi being a part of Nintendo.
>>
so how does the gamestop promotion work for the cards and sleeves?

also,

I just started playing PTCGO and bought 40 S&M pack codes for $10.

Is that a good deal?
>>
>>31798527
Run some Big Malasadas or Pokemon Center Ladies.
>>
File: 1442904913560.jpg (122KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
1442904913560.jpg
122KB, 591x591px
That feel when you pull Shaymeme from a pack
>>
File: only 666 more cards to draw.gif (4MB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
only 666 more cards to draw.gif
4MB, 666x666px
>>31798771
Somebody say Shaytan?
>>
>how are things at your LGS?

>are people talking about the mapped S&M boxes?

>did you teach anyone how to play PTCG this week?

also, do any of you play the other formats besides standard?
>>
>>31798821
Oranguru isn't even that bad dude.
>>
>>31798862

>how are things at your LGS?

Right now my locals is a bunch of kids and we are still jumpstarting it. There's a few of us for actual competitive play and the TO for the store so we are just waiting for TPCi to approve the store so we can run tournaments and get support.

>are people talking about the mapped S&M boxes?

Not really. We all just buy singles and ETBs and boxes only at release.

>did you teach anyone how to play PTCG this week?

Trying to budge my friend to give it a try but he's a tough magic nut to crack.
>>
Is Decidueye GX's ability hard opt, or if I have multiples, can I use them all once per turn?
>>
>>31798946
the latter
>>
>>31798527
Use switch, escape rope, olympia, center lady, zoroark + float stone etc.
>>
I started playing yesterday and have a few questions:

Do theme decks "rotate" out? If I buy a theme deck will I be able to play it if the set it is part of rotates out? I think I'll be stuck in theme for a long while so I don't care that much for standard now, since there will be long before I'll get some EX mons.

Also is the hoopa deck trash? Galvantula and ampharos are two of my favourite mons so I kinda wanted to get it, but at the same time I don't want to get asswiped and regret spending my precious bitcoins.
>>
>>31798946
Once per instance of Decidueye you have. So if you have 3 you can use it 3 times, once per mon.
>>
>>31799094
Theme online is its own separate format. No deck ever rotates out.
>>
>>31799114
what are best theme decks?
>>
>>31799326
Uhh this was in OP before.

S tier: All SM1 decks (Incineroar best of three)
A-Tier: current free decks, Reshiram
B-Tier: Dark Hammer, Basic Orange(cant get anymore), Psy Crusher, both steam siege, Greninja i guess, Zapdos
Avoid: Everything else
>>
>>31799326
I got the old giratina deck with hypnotoxic laser. It shits on everything
>>
>>31799408
how many theme decks should I buy? is one enough or is it not a bad idea to spend some points on more theme decks?
>>
>>31800081
You should buy packs unless you want the decks content. I got wave slasher for example to complete my greninja deck.
>>
>>31800081
only one
>>
>>31800129
so is theme format worth playing? I guess packs are not needed there... so should I just get giratina deck like someone suggested and 'shit on everything' or something else?
>>
>>31800160
only before you have the cards to make standard decks.
>>
>>31800160
Theme format is basically the easiest way to get into the game. There's no realistic way to win games in standard without cards.

Incinerorar, Decidueye, and Hoopa decks are all pretty good right now as far as whats available in the store. The giratina deck is long gone at this point, and if any are still available online they'd be $50+.

Pokemon is extremely generous with coins btw. Depending on your luck, you can buy a new theme deck every day or 2 to get a little more variety and a few of the saple trainers. After you have the decks you wants. You'll also build up tickets as you play, so watch out for theme tournaments that use tickets.
>>
>>31800230
I have Plasma Shadow since it came out and its hot garbage, how are you winning with it
>>
>>31798885

>Trying to budge my friend to give it a try but he's a tough magic nut to crack.

Just compare the online component alone it is much player friendly game. Since he already plays Magic he is used to set rotation.

From a channel that is focused on MtG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZh0nH7pPMk
>>
>>31798885
>he's a tough magic nut to crack.
Just remind him MaRo's not going to be leaving anytime soon, the sets are just going to get blander and more gimmicky and the flavor is never going to recover from the damage the Jacetice League is doing.
>>
Uh, was the vs ladder adjusted last night?
I'm fighting against really bad decks right now even though I have been winning almost every match in the last 3 days.
>>
>>31800468

>Jacetice League

So, did WotC make another Jace card that is busted and fetches a hilarious amount of coin?

Planeswalker cards are a mistake
>>
Maintenance soon fellow trainers.
>>
>>31800883
No they basically made the power rangers in the form of the Gatewatch.
>>
>>31800883
No, I think they're done with Jace as chase mythics for now
>>
>>31800998
Why even live?
>>
>>31800998

time to play offline I guess.

>time to make a trip across state lines.
>>
>have 450 packs that I can trade
>it still isn't enough for 4x ultra ball
>would still need switch
>rare candy and dce just around the corner

pass me the rope
>>
>>31801063
>blinging out online
Why
>>
Who else is "new" here?

This is my first time I've ever played the vs ladder, sitting in 590 right now. I will get to 690 and probably get stuck there as I don't have the will to win another 100 games for the last prizes.
>>
>>31801209
thats what i thought but here i am with over 3000 points somebody stop me
>>
>Anehiem will be hosting this year's world's

Tbqh anehiem is pretty ghetto but at least it wasn't LA
>>
>>31801209
I've been pretty much just been blasting though the ladder with my Umbreon GX deck because alot of people just simply forfeit and just gives me easy points. currently at 2000.
>>
>>31800883
No, this block it's Gideon, the White member of his little Planeteers team. Capable of giving you an unremovable Glorious Anthem the turn it drops.
>>
>>31801288
I'm almost up to 1k. Decidueye GX and Mantislock here.
>>
If they were to make Gladion trainer what do you think the affect will be?
>>
I have a lecture from 12-3 EST every Thursday. It's so boring, I p much spend the whole lecture playing PTCGO. Except today the maintenance is exactly from 12-3 EST. I should have stayed home.
>>
>>31797616
I like that it can sack 2 DCE or Special Water in those Golduck decks
>>
>>31801475
>playing ptcgo in class to begin with.
How confident do you have to be to be playing games during lectures?
>>
>>31801496
Not that much, I'm studying engineering and most of my classes are spent playing shadowverse/pokemon.

I do take some notes and ask what I didn't hear to my friend that is less lazy than me during pauses. It's more about multitasking. The people I face probably are salty as hell because I take forever to end a turn, but hey.
>>
>>31801496
A lot of the ppl in my course are old af and don't use computers to type notes, so my prof takes like a 10 min pause on every slide for people to handwrite everything down.
>>
>>31801288
Do you mind posting your deck profile? I'm currently trying to see how I can improve mine
>>
>>31801243
Anaheim isn't ghetto, it's settled rather firmly in lower-middle class.
Of course, this may just be my looking at it from a San Bernardino-adjacent city.
>>
>selling my SR FA ultra ball ebay
>call my LGS and ask what they would give for it
>they tell me 40-45 dollarinos (Seinfeld man with a bat.jpg)
>set up my starting price at $43, so that even if only one guys bites it won't be worse than selling at LGS
>over the course of a week it rises to like $60 with 14 people watching
>two guys rise it up to $80, instantly lose 5 watchers
Do these people think that they will just find a $90-100 card for 70 on ebay and manage to get it without competition?
>>
File: tapu bulu.jpg (70KB, 328x431px) Image search: [Google]
tapu bulu.jpg
70KB, 328x431px
Bulu/Vikavolt/Lurantis is going to be the top cancer deck after GUR drops 2bh. Very obvious synergy here between them and aether conservation area stadium, Bulu has 120 damage GGC attack that lets you discard all energy attached to him to deal an extra 60. Its GX attack deals 150 and heals it fully. Since it's constantly discarding its energy you can also max potion it easily. It's a basic which means you can use either FFB or choice band, choice band taking you to 210 damage on EX/GX, FFB taking you to 220HP/190 damage. Bulu can benefit from Sunny day from baby Lurantis as well. Choice band and 1 baby lurantis on the bench = 230, throw in a Kukui and you can OHKO anything. Also can benefit from a splash of Lurantis-GX which can provide energy acceleration for benched Bulus while also recycling grass energy from discard.
>>
My only experience with the card game is the old GBC game that I've been playing on my 3DS lately but it's fun. How out of my depth will I be if I just try to jump straight into the game now?
>>
New apk update famalam http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/the-pokemon-company-international/pokemon-trading-card-game-online/pokemon-trading-card-game-online-2-42-4-release/pokemon-tcg-online-2-42-4-android-apk-download/
>>
>>31802110
As somebody that until recently had roughly the same grasp on the game, you will die.

Definitely read the image in the OP. Also, note that the rules DID change a couple of ways over the years. Supporters and A-Specs changed how you build and play with old cards.
>>
>>31802110
Not that much, I was in the same place as you like 3 weeks ago, now I have shaymemes and everything.

Basically, abilities are more important than they were in the old TCG, there are a few new mechanics, but the fundamentals of how the game works are remarkably similar. Trainer cards were broken into two classes, item cards and supporters, supporters (ie professor oak in base set) are now one per turn cards. Gust of Wind also became a supporter called Lysandre. Computer Search is an 'ace spec' card, only 1 is allowed per deck and they're not allowed in standard.
>>
>>31802104
Vikivolt I don't see being crammed in here but I do see Lurantis GX finding a strong partner in Bulu GX.
>>
File: MistyTearsHanadaCityGym.jpg (77KB, 350x495px) Image search: [Google]
MistyTearsHanadaCityGym.jpg
77KB, 350x495px
>20th anniversary went by
>no misty's tears FA

fuck, now we'll never get best girl nude on a FA card with Staryus strategically making the card kid friendly.
>>
>>31802282
If there was a grass equivalent of Manaphy-EX Bulu/Lurantis-GX would be broken as fuck.
>>
>>31791996
No they don't
Bar metalfoes none of the top and expensive decks are even using pendulums
>>
>>31802308
We'll still have access to Float Stone for the Lurantis, and Olympia for the Bulu.
>>
>>31802353
I said "typically". Most meta cards are less than 10% of the actual quantity of cards printed for that mechanic.

Arc-V was a weird case anyway due to its nature as an anniversary series. Konami didn't focus on the new summoning method for a few packs like they did with Synchro and Xyz, and printed stuff for all of the summoning methods in the first year of Pendulum's run. Other than Synchro, every major mechanic got a chance to shine in competitive play in that first year, even Rituals. And don't try to tell some bullshit lie about how YZs were TOTALLY meta bro, because we both know that's a load of horseshit, even recently with YZ Metalfoes.

Regarding Pendulum itself, we've had 3 good Pendulum decks in the past 3 years (Qliphorts, EmEM, and Metalfoes). Metalfoes just haven't been hit by the banlist, mostly because they're not really all that good as a standalone deck.
>>
>>31802299
Im sure you can pay someone to make a full art picture of it if you're that desperate :^)
>>
File: Koga_Ninja_Trick_Manji.png (339KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
Koga_Ninja_Trick_Manji.png
339KB, 428x600px
>>31802434
fuck that, i want to play a deck full of cards with naked misty and nazi golbats
>>
Is the game up?
I'm stuck at 100% before the login screen.
>>
>>31802408
>Other than Synchro, every major mechanic got a chance to shine in competitive play in that first year, even Rituals
And the sad part is the only reason Fusion and Ritual got to shine is because in order to make those inherently slow and cost-ineffective summoning mechanics compete with the speed and ease of Pen/Xyz summoning decks they had to print archetypes that were inherently broken. Their time to shine was snuffed out by a banlist.

Also I guess BEWD was a Synchro deck, sort of.
>>
>>31802474
pretty sure its down for about another hour
>>
>>31802516
looks like i was wrong, its back up
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcFzidJE7SQ
>>
>>31802792
All expository youtube videos that are longer than 5 minutes are a scam.
>>
>>31802792

I'm not gonna defend that retarded shit but I thought the only people that bought single boosters for the sake of building a collection or a deck were like literally children. You either buy boxes or just buy singles. Granted I can see how something like this would lead to jacked up prices on singles for the good shit.
>>
>>31802110
I started playing a couple days ago and I was in your same situation.

The biggest difference I noticed is that there is no coin check if you retreat a confused pokemon, or I just didn't notice it?

It's pretty similar, don't let the bloated damage and HP values scare you, in the GBC game 100 damage was absurd damage that could be pulled up by 1 or 2 mons at ridicolous costs, now it's the damage that most core attackers do at a relatively cheap cost.
>>
>>31802792
Do people like...not play TCGs at all or something?
>The booster boxes are all rigged!
This is true for literally every TCG. Some of them have gotten harder to map over the years, but they're still rigged.
>Don't buy single packs, just buy singles and boxes!
Who the fuck buys single packs for anything except a "courtesy" or "curiosity" pack? In literally every TCG you buy exclusively singles and prepackaged sets that have fixed cards, unless you're a poorfag, in which case you do the same thing, but only the really cheap stuff.

YGO does the same shit.
MTG does the same shit.
CFV does the same shit.
WS does the same shit.
FOW does the same shit.

If you didn't know this, it's your own fault for not bothering to pay attention or do research.
>>
>>31802958
Your big post just proves hes doing right making these kind of videos
>>
>>31801209
play legacy on the last day of ladder for the free wins
>>
>>31802958

I think the reason people are upset is because it's really easy for scalpers to pick out what they're after and just leave the trash.
>>
>>31802891
>>31802110
Also give in game name if you want to do a theme match or two.
>>
>>31801605
There's a reason we call it Ana-crime.
>>
>>31802958
I've been playing PTCG for five years, it's not very often we get a set that's as easily mapped as SM. Obviously it's called a pseudorandom algorithm for a reason, but unraveling the algorithm shouldn't be a matter of counting to three.
>>
>>31802299
is that a real Japanese card?
>>
I-I'm in l-love with Umbreon GX!
>>
>>31803132
Yes. It was changed in the US print for obvious reasons, so was the golbat with the swastika.
>>
>>31802997
Isn't that where the homeless crazy white dude got shot and killed by the police and the media was all over it?
>>
>>31802891
Confusion flip to retreat was a bad mechanic that was removed about 15 years ago. The most obnoxious part was having to pay the retreat cost even if you failed to retreat.
>>
i want to have a team plasma deck online and just read that i need to have frozen city in my deck - but it isnt in the tcgo anymore? is there a similar card or can you tell me why it is gone?
>>
>>31803592
are you on drugs
>>
>>31803635
no?
>>
why does my tcgo keep infinitely updating and restarting and patching
>>
somebody know about frozen city now?
>>
>>31803733
because the devs are incompetant. uninstall everything. trash it completely, then start fresh. if that doesn't work, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>31803733

Happens to me 50% of the time when they roll out a new patch. You need to reinstall.
>>
New thread famalam
>>31803838
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.